Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen (50034 Views)

13 Things You Will Recognize From Falling Sick In A Nigerian Home / 13 Things You’ll Find In Every Nigerian Bathroom (In Picture) / 15 Struggles you’ll Understand If you’re Of “marriageable Age” In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Dolazee:
yes grin

Was it also 20naira at your area? cheesy

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by uniquebeauty(f): 6:27pm On Jul 10, 2016
Op you are so on point. No.11 is so true can relate to it wella

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by homesteady(m): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is the 1st of these kind of threads that I've experienced more than 90% of the scenarios grin

4 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by cornel994(m): 6:28pm On Jul 10, 2016
photoshoot:
1. The eba stick that doubles as a weapon:

Your mother’s favourite.
we nicknamed a friend of mine back then "garri turner" Becus his mother never fails to utilise diz tool on him wen and wereva necessary

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by Dolazee(f): 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
lexiconkabir:

Was it also 20naira at your area? cheesy
No 2 for 50N grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by cornel994(m): 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
Op you forgot to add dat green kerosene stove o

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by Dolazee(f): 6:29pm On Jul 10, 2016
homesteady:
This is the 1st of these kind of threads that I've experienced more than 90% of the scenarios grin

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by RichieDaVinci01(m): 6:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
Bro you on point like Green arrow

1 Like

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by nosypat(m): 6:31pm On Jul 10, 2016
gloria34:
as a mata of fact, we have such bowls at home bt it doesn't mean it's d only utensil in d hux. nigerians can afford kitchen utensils witout 'owambe'

undecided

Why so serious?
You're missing the op 's intended sarcasm and fun.
Geez.

8 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 10, 2016
so true except for the microwave cover.
op forgot the annoying cockroaches....lol

3 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
photoshoot:
9. The eva bottle filled with palm oil:

The realest oil ever made.
I get this one grin

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by omofabulous(f): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2016
So on point gat me laughing out loud

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by WowSweetGuy(m): 6:35pm On Jul 10, 2016
Yeah

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by luciano80(m): 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
for refuse man......those refuse you cant dispose immediately but cant leave open in the kitchen for too long.....like fresh fish!!!!!! grin
photoshoot:
3. The Nylon bag full of even more nylon bags:

For what? Only God knows.

4 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by jujunaty(m): 6:41pm On Jul 10, 2016
photoshoot:
8. That handle-less pot that is “older than you”:

You mother had the pot before she had you. Show it respect.
all our pots are older than me cool

1 Like

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by fairygeh(f): 6:43pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is so real.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by sapientia(m): 6:45pm On Jul 10, 2016
All these are modern things

Microwave and blender..

Where mortar and pestle?

Wooden cupboard nko?

The big plastic bucket for water nko?

Na 90s pickin write this

4 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by jydux(m): 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2016
This is the most On-Point thread I have ever read on this site.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by DonBobes(m): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
Disneylady:
Keke napep abeg drop me for here

Abeg shift mak i siddon!

3 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by DonMekino(m): 7:00pm On Jul 10, 2016
that number one though...we call it turning garri..
one day mum finished cooking onugbu soup and as our eldest daughter was carrying d pot inside...it fell and d whole soup poured...mum used dat stick to open a wound on her head and still took her to a pharmacy to dress d wound.

that weapon is fashioned against any kitchen misdemeanor

4 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2016
Oh my God! This is hilarious,i wonder why i didn't open this sooner. Everything is so on point!

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by ychris: 7:04pm On Jul 10, 2016
photoshoot:

Lol, you must be outta naija,
Over here mention Scourer in the market place,
Ya on your own oo

Source: http://zikoko.com/list/nigerian-kitchen/
why that site does not allow people to comments? @zikoko

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by Kimoni: 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2016
Every pic was a hit back to back... grin

6 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by janefarms2015: 7:08pm On Jul 10, 2016
Photoshoot, my role model, infact you are mr nairaland if only adults nd matured guys can vote for u, u make my weekend! God continue to bless u!

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by photoshoot(m): 7:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
ychris:
why that site does not allow people to comments? @zikoko

It does actually.

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by keishablack(f): 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2016
Lol...very funny and true

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by Florblu(f): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
So real!!!everything dey my momma's kitchen
Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by photoshoot(m): 7:17pm On Jul 10, 2016
janefarms2015:
Photoshoot, my role model, infact you are mr nairaland if only adults nd matured guys can vote for u, u make my weekend! God continue to bless u!
How I am feeling right now

cheesy the contest is starting tomorrow though...
Follow back please... grin grin

1 Like

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jul 10, 2016
OP, ur head dey there. Omo ibile......only d microwave cover mentioned b FOUL

2 Likes

Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by photoshoot(m): 7:25pm On Jul 10, 2016
homesteady:

cheesy
Lool,

Bro, please check my signature
Re: 15 Pictures You’ll Recognize If You’ve Ever Stepped Into A Nigerian Kitchen by janefarms2015: 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2016
photoshoot:

How I am feeling right now

cheesy the contest is starting tomorrow though...
Follow back please... grin grin

U earn my vote and 50 other people!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Have Been Alfa’s Sex Slave For Two Years – Lagos Housewife / I'm About To Regret Getting Married / Twin Sisters Who Died In Ghana Buried Same Day - See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.