Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,220 members, 7,849,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:46 AM

South Sudan: 5 Years After Independence, Lessons To Learn. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Sudan: 5 Years After Independence, Lessons To Learn. (2382 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu: "Buhari Is Not In Nigeria, Man From Sudan Impersonating Him" / Arthur Nzeribe Pictured At Gerald Irona's 51st Birthday Years After Death Rumors / What Biafra Would Look Like After Independence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Sudan: 5 Years After Independence, Lessons To Learn. by wasco24: 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
cool
Re: South Sudan: 5 Years After Independence, Lessons To Learn. by NOETHNICITY(m): 7:58pm On Jul 10, 2016
omenka:
That is the point. Most of these people beating the drums of war on social media are people with no experience whatsoever of anything close to WAR, not even an armed robbery attack!

Aljazeera featured S Sudan on Inside Story this morning and I couldn't believe the pictures I saw, coupled with what the guests of the programme were saying- it is just soo unfortunate, especially given the fanfare and pomp with which they celebrated the birth of the young country five years ago.

Like you said, any "liberation" birthed by warlords would give rise to nothing but a balcanised entity with centrifugal forces battling for supremacy everywhere you look.
My brother I knw some of these militants anx what they re capable of. I can bet my last buck that a republic of Niger Delta will be worse than a South Sudan. The warlords representing multiple ethnic groups re too many and deadly. They can never be financially satisfied given that no legitimate process am aware of can get them the kind of free flowing money they want. The situation will result in militants calling the shorts. Militants will decide who go where and who gets what. Different groups will take up arms and the endless battle for supremacy will begin. Then S sudan ll be child's play.
Re: South Sudan: 5 Years After Independence, Lessons To Learn. by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
LordofNairaland:
Very Deep!!!!! He who has ears should hear this.

CC Lalasticlala, Mynd44 , OAM4J
Re: South Sudan: 5 Years After Independence, Lessons To Learn. by NOETHNICITY(m): 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Lalasticlala, with the coming of this thread www.nairaland.com/3295919/avengers-vow-declare-niger-delta#48588743 it becomes very necessary for this very thread to be brought to FP. Thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Biafran Draws Nnamdi Kanu with Pencil Beautiful / Nnamdi Kanu Has Lost Control Of IPOB – South East Governors / Sen. Akpabio Vs SP Saraki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.