Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,966 members, 7,821,392 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo (24081 Views)

There Is No Difference Between APC And PDP – Shehu Sani / Dead Or Alive Buhari Makes No Difference - Financial Times / Ondo: Tinubu’s Absence At APC Rally Makes No Difference – Lalong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Nobody: 2:00am On Jul 12, 2016
dearpreye:
Very stupid comment from the mere commissioner.

Wasn't restructuring the country amongst the promises of the APC?

Coming from the lips of an acclaimed Professor? Indeed evil communications corrupt good manners.

Nigeria is due for a thorough restructuring. The current feeding bottle unitary system hasn't worked and will never work. We must devolve more powers to the states and local governments.

There's no way a state government will have to get orders from Abuja before asking the military to defend innocent people from being killed by herdsmen. There's no reason why a state shouldn't harness the vast resources within its borders to boost its economy.

And it's criminal for every other region to continue feeding fat off the wealth found in the another region.

Nigeria has NO FUTURE with this current system. True federalism will quieten all these agitation and calls for secession. True federalism will make it easier for the local people to deal decisively with their corrupt regional leaders.

Nigeria can never be great without a restructuring. Professor Osinbajo may be a professor of law but he goofed on this one.

Nigeria isn't united and will never be as long as it keeps this wrong approach to governance. The can't be ONE single solution to our problems. No one President at Aso Rock can solve all of our problems. We need to give way for true federalism. No two regions are the same. Every region should be empowered and allowed to solve their problems their own way. We are too divided and distinct to be this close. It will NEVER work.

Nigeria won't achieve greatness by forcing an imaginary unity. The centre is suffocating us all. Buhari won't solve our problems. No single President can. We need to change the structure.

You just solved Nigeria's problem with your comment while the so called Professor of Law/VP's comment is a valid proof that common sense can never be acquired through decades of reading all manner and sizes of text books.

Nigeria does not need restructuring because Osimbade is now a direct beneficiary of a system that elongates poverty and once he is no longer the VP, he will start singing the restructuring song just like Atiku the ex-rouge VP is doing at the moment.

The strategy is this, tell the gullibles what they want to hear like restructuring of Nigeria when you are not in Aso Villa, NHA, SHA etc but once you get there then you can now tell them that restructuring is no longer the problem

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by tibaonnet: 8:06am On Jul 12, 2016
freeze001:

Get an education!
Is that the answer to what you have vast knowledge in? You claimed to understand the concept better than the VP but now you can't explain it. People like you are many in our national assemblies whom all they do is "I support" but couldn't contribute anything. They are only there to make up the number. They are good in criticism but have no solutions to our national problems.
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 12, 2016
byrron:

You just solved Nigeria's problem with your comment while the so called Professor of Law/VP's comment is a valid proof that common sense can never be acquired through decades of reading all manner and sizes of text books.

Nigeria does not need restructuring because Osimbade is now a direct beneficiary of a system that elongates poverty and once he is no longer the VP, he will start singing the restructuring song just like Atiku the ex-rouge VP is doing at the moment.

The strategy is this, tell the gullibles what they want to hear like restructuring of Nigeria when you are not in Aso Villa, NHA, SHA etc but once you get there then you can now tell them that restructuring is no longer the problem

The hypocrisy is palpable.
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by ImpersonatorSS: 9:57am On Jul 12, 2016
Osinbajo!
You are wrong!!
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by dimieprincess(f): 10:35am On Jul 12, 2016
mrvitalis:
I am in total support of this.. .

As far as we have same leaders with same mind set.. . And same followers with same mind set.. there won't be any change no matter the structure
As soon as I saw the above message, my mind good me there are certain persons who can make such comment; Mrvitalis, Omenka, Seung, Mynd44, Gwenegwunu abi what's his moniker, Amaechi1, Passinshort who has ran away because of shame and what have you.

U r never disappointing and I know Buhari will be so proud of u for keeping the candle burning (defending him).

What a pity, o ma se o!!!
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by dom(m): 10:40am On Jul 12, 2016
What is a technological hub doing in Abuja. Shd be thinking of decongesting the FCT and even moving out some ministries and parastatals. That's how they wanted NPA to be in Abuja back then, until common sense prevailed. NNPC, Customs, Coal Corporation, Trade and Investments, Solid Minerals etc have no business being in Abuja. Talking of technological hubs and not expressly mentioning Aba, Nnewi and the like is mischievously playing the ostrich.
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Chocho4real(m): 11:17am On Jul 12, 2016
londoner:

Please explain what rebranding and restructuring has to do with each other?

They are completely different things IMO.

Perhaps you will need to educate me then, other than a counter attack. I think english is the problem here.
Re: Restructuring Nigeria Will Make No Difference - Osinbajo by Chocho4real(m): 11:30am On Jul 12, 2016
poseidon12:

Not true. There has never been any real attempt at restructuring Nigeria by any civilian administration. And I don't think any sitting president will agree to restructuring because that will dilute his absolute power.
Our only option would be for the national assembly to do it and pass law that would require the incoming president to implement it, whether he likes it or not.
Restructuring is the only way Nigeria can be saved from disintegration.

Well said. I totally agree with you, but come to think about it, its never an easy task to accomplish. Nigeria from the onset has suffered so many set back even before coming together to become a country and part of those things are still what is militating against us all as a Nation today. I hope we have a leader someday who won't claim Igbo, nor Yoruba, or Hausa neither, but a Nigerian.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jonah Jang's Aide Delivered Cash In Ghana-must-go Bags To Him - Politics Nigeria / Nnamdi Kanu’s Family Warns Simon Ekpa To Desist From Using IPOB Leader’s Name / Nigerian Military Jet Crashes In Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.