Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,812 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating (3836 Views)

Defeat Hunger, Not Recycled Story Of Defeating Boko Haram – Fayose Tells FG / Jonathan Was Never Committed To Defeating Boko Haram – Osinbajo / Buhari's Campaign Promise Of Defeating Boko Haram About To Be Delivered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by RipplesNigeria: 12:25pm On Jul 11, 2016
When I was younger I stumbled on a Book written by the highly respected Accountant, Chief J.K. Randle. It was a heroic book of satire written in the 70s, I think. That book captivated me as a young Corper and I voraciously ate up the pages and got hooked on that style of writing. It was called The God Father Never Sleeps. Today, I will steal the headline as I try to ‘wake up’ this particular God father from SLEEP.
My Lord, Chief Bola Tinubu appears to have gone to sleep. I suspected this would be the case for several reasons after the epic electoral victory. One, any other thing after that would just be an anti climax, the push from the electoral process, building and coordinating an alliance between ego and ambition, driving Argonauts leading to the selection of a candidate that would be accepted by all contending forces and then facing a crucial battle with an incumbent with federal might.
Defeated a sitting President in a country like Nigeria was and will continue to be one of the most iconic events in our nations history, so I expected a certain level of ‘tiredness’ for you would never be able to beat that. So today the godfather seems to be in an involuntary retirement sleeping and most likely missing the action on the political space.
The second reason why I had expected this hibernation was the strong will of his chosen candidate. Buhari in all his career had shown that he was no push over. He could not be bent or influenced or used or manipulated by anybody. His staid character was there for all to see and anybody who felt that he would show any level of appreciation for the push given him to achieve his eternal goal of ruling Nigeria again would have been messing with nature.
Buhari in almost all of his actions and inaction since coming into power; From his appointments, to his economic strategy through his statements and even in his body language has built and entrenched on us one of the most lopsided appointment templates ever since we gained independence. He has stubbornly refused to work to open up the economy more, standing very strongly on his position on the exchange rate for example amongst others. And, even from very far, I can see that there is little or no influence that the God father can or has been able to wield since inception.
The appointment of estranged boys of the Godfather would have been a rankling slap on his face leading to that almost shameful intervention during the NLC botched strike during the last deregulation of fuel prices. This was the Godfathers attempt at seeking and maintaining relevance capping up the show with an attack on the petroleum minister Kachikwu which in itself strengthened the Minister instead of diminishing him.
So the question now is should the Godfather be allowed to continue in his sleep and my answer cannot be a straight simple one. I personally abhor godfather ism especially the type played by the late Ibadan strong, and or the Ubah brothers in the east. But with the kind of mischievous talent and clear insight of the complicated fabrics that make up the Nigerian polity and society, I suspect that we as Nigerians would be the greater losers if this particular God father should be left in his warm glover cocoon sleeping the sleep of retirement.
Already his absence is beginning to be felt especially with the way the Government has been handling some issues. I doubt that with Tinubu’s input the corruption battle especially as it affects the clear attempt to muzzle the clown of Ekiti would be fought in such a bland and almost motor Parkish way. The open and brazen attempt to bring him down and any but each way may just turn the man into an undeserved martyr.
The appointments which continue to rankle the polity would have benefited seriously from Tinubu’s legendary consensus building skills. For he it was who built the bridge bringing together very strange bedfellows from as far afield as Atiku and Obasanjo into a wicked alliance which toppled Jonathan. Remember just how Obasanjo almost annihilated him while he was Governor of Lagos state. There was no love lost between them but when the issue of bringing down a Jonathan came up, he swallowed his pride and headed towards the hills of Abeokuta to consult and recruit the foxy General.
The Government can work with him as a soar away adviser especially in its many battles with these funny militants. Since the government has decided to go the way of dialogue, I think he should be immediately conscripted. He understands the issue, he is not bigoted, he loves Nigeria and is respected on both sides. I am very sure he will be of tremendous value to the process.
So there it is. The Godfather must wake up and start playing his self appointed but nationally accepted role. He should rise above partisan politics and play a statesman role. If he is the one behind the travails of the senate President, like it is being alleged, then he should be advised to immediately desist from it.
The government needs him, the nation needs him. We should all seek to engage him in an advisory capacity, taking advantage of his network, steely resolve, bridge building capacity as we strive to build a virile and true nationhood.

Ripples Nigeria…without borders, without fears
This Godfather must wake up.

Read: https://www.ripplesnigeria.com/tinubus-silence-defeating/

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by princeakins(m): 12:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
CAn someone summarize d above for me plz. Tanx

Mention me wen done
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by TANTUMERGO007(m): 12:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
cool AFONJA EYES NO BE OPEN EYES grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by SeverusSnape(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
Okpolo eyes no be open eyes grin

The frog eyed, brown teeth emperor of Lagos has been relegated by Bubu the Mumu.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by Nobody: 1:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
So tinubu na Buhari godfather, Nothing wey I no go hear. He shut up cos say him no want make person open him matter..

5 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by gigabyte13: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
Fine article well written.

But the opolo eye master talk, una go say he too talk, now he kept mute, same una dey complain.

Am just Happy that he is not chest beating, issuing Ultimatum, writing UN, EU, USA like some coward do in the name of being brave. All power and no brain region.

Remember, to always play, your cards close to your chest. Thats whatsup with the opolo eye master.

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by naijaGhandi: 1:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
When was the last time you heard tinubu talk about governance in even lagos state. Does that mean he's sidelined? Stop making it look like he has no other business than politics. He only speaks when he wishes to

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by drss(m): 1:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
wetin dem dey expect his frog eyes has finally open. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by psucc(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
The 77% is highly disappointed because they could not have access to 'share the money".

The hardship knows no party nor creed.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by psucc(m): 2:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
The 97% is highly disappointed because they could not have access to 'share the money".

The hardship knows no party nor creed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by ConqueredWest: 2:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
The king of AFONJAs is scared of suffering same fate like his predecessors. For that reason, he is quiet knowing fully well that any protest on his side will cost him and his fellow Afonjas their lives in the hands of Buhari and his herdsmen grin

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by idupaul: 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
Very stupid write up... for the writers info Tinubu did not defeat GEJ, the Nigerian people did because we were tired of the reckless way GEJ ran the economy. .

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by aressssa: 3:06pm On Jul 11, 2016
idupaul:
Very stupid write up... for the writers info Tinubu did not defeat GEJ, the Nigerian people did because we were tired of the reckless way GEJ ran the economy. .

The goofy and thoughtless writer was trying to convince us that Tinubu hypnotized millions of Nigerians that went to the polls to kick out the most crooked, corrupt and incompetent administration on the surface of the earth out of office and forced them to vote.

Nigerians did not even vote for Tinubu or put him in any elected office so exactly what's the meaningless point here?

The silly writer wasted his time on silly, pointless and irrelevant nonsense when there are real issues on the table to pay attention.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by OlandoOwoo: 3:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
A poorly conjured nonsense from Ogbomosho. Who is Tinooboo? An ugly creature with smelly brown teeth?

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by idupaul: 3:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
aressssa:

The goofy and thoughtless writer was trying ti convince us that Tinubu hypnotized millions of Nigerians that went to the polls to kick out the most crooked, corrupt and incompetent administration on the surface of the earth out of office and forced them to vote.

Nigerians did not even vote for Tinubu or put him in any elected office so exactly what's the meaningless point here?

The silly writer wasted his time on silly, pointless and irrelevant nonsense when there are real issues on the table to pay attention.

Imagine ..out of the 15 million votes Buhari got how many did Tinubu deliver..Godfather my foot

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by jaxxy(m): 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
TINUBU is a brilliant man no doubt a visionary and I do say he has a lot to contribute at certain capacities cos all I see in this present govt is not impressive at all, No foresight and visionary goals and objectives been concretely and solidly carried out. In short No blueprint for the CHANGE! God help us.
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by idupaul: 3:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
aressssa:

The goofy and thoughtless writer was trying ti convince us that Tinubu hypnotized millions of Nigerians that went to the polls to kick out the most crooked, corrupt and incompetent administration on the surface of the earth out of office and forced them to vote.

Imagine ..out of the 15 million votes Buhari got how many did Tinubu deliver..Godfather my foot.. The most annoying part is when he says Tinubu needs to come out and lead the anti corruption war against the man in Ekiti ..is Tinubu the EFCC?..really silly write up

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by jaxxy(m): 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
aressssa:

The goofy and thoughtless writer was trying to convince us that Tinubu hypnotized millions of Nigerians that went to the polls to kick out the most crooked, corrupt and incompetent administration on the surface of the earth out of office and forced them to vote.

Pls note I do not like TINUBU bt he didnt and did not need to hypnotize Nigerians to vote bt He did influence the CHANGE/LIKEMINDS and Relevant people and Ideas that lead the bringing in of Buhari. In other words he is an INFLUENCER/REVOLUTIONIST!

Cc idupaul
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by totit: 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2016
gigabyte13:
Fine article well written.

But the opolo eye master talk, una go say he too talk, now he kept mute, same una dey complain.

Am just Happy that he is not chest beating, issuing Ultimatum, writing UN, EU, USA like some coward do in the name of being brave. All power and no brain region.

Remember, to always play, your cards close to your chest. Thats whatsup with the opolo eye master.

More oil to your brain my buloodaah

If the man talk they will complain, or even say he's controlling, manipulating the fed gov. Et al.

I don tire for this people.

@ Op, the you know the parable of the wise" silence is wisdom". grin
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by aressssa: 3:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
idupaul:

Imagine ..out of the 15 million votes Buhari got how many did Tinubu deliver..Godfather my foot.. The most annoying part is when he says Tinubu needs to come out and lead the anti corruption war against the man in Ekiti ..is Tinubu the EFCC?..really silly write up

Who exactly was appointed and put in that office to do that job? Tinubu, a common political party member?

Is their any reason why a private individual and a non elected official should be out there usurping the constitutional and independent functions of the EFCC?

This how warped and messed up these ignorant and anti social illiterates are..

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by aressssa: 3:55pm On Jul 11, 2016
jaxxy:

Pls note I do not like TINUBU bt he didnt and did not need to hypnotize Nigerians to vote bt He did influence the CHANGE/LIKEMINDS and Relevant people and Ideas that lead the bringing in of Buhari. In other words he is an INFLUENCER/REVOLUTIONIST!

Cc idupaul

You can lead the people all you want, even lead them to the stream, but you can not force them to drink out of the stream. Tinubu wasn't in every voting booth.

Nigerians saw a very worthless and incompetent president who despite the gross level of corruption and incompetence said to us that stealing is not corruption/

We saw a worthless, corrupt and incompetent president his his political party kept us in darkness and even looted the $20 billion we gave them to get out of darkness.

We saw bad roads, bridges, poor hospitals and healthcare, lack of jobs, we saw poor young and jobless Nigerians swindled and killed by their government with zero accountability, we saw the government borrowing money to pay salary even though they presided over the largest oil revenue in the history of Nigeria, we saw terrorist taking over Nigerian territory, kidnapping and slaughtering Nigerians everyday, we saw a very weak, clueless and incompetent resident giving out National awards to crooked and corrupt military service chiefs who looted funds for weapons and military salaries.

Today, Nigerians know they did the right thing because we wake up everyday to new sad tales and revelations about our stolen funds, crooks are on trial, many are confessing and returning our money..

No, you are wrong, Tinubu did his own thing, and Nigerians did theirs based on what they saw, what they witnessed and their hopes and desire for a better Nigeria..

Please come with another tale..

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
...a very dumb, dumb article...
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
naijaGhandi:
When was the last time you heard tinubu talk about governance in even lagos state. Does that mean he's sidelined? Stop making it look like he has no other business than politics. He only speaks when he wishes to

Leave those speculators to themselves. Let them continue to yarn nonsense.
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by jaxxy(m): 9:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
aressssa:

You can lead the people all you want, even lead them to the stream, but you can not force them to drink out of the stream. Tinubu wasn't in every voting booth.

Nigerians saw a very worthless and incompetent president who despite the gross level of corruption and incompetence said to us that stealing is not corruption/

We saw a worthless, corrupt and incompetent president his his political party kept us in darkness and even looted the $20 billion we gave them to get out of darkness.

We saw bad roads, bridges, poor hospitals and healthcare, lack of jobs, we saw poor young and jobless Nigerians swindled and killed by their government with zero accountability, we saw the government borrowing money to pay salary even though they presided over the largest oil revenue in the history of Nigeria, we saw terrorist taking over Nigerian territory, kidnapping and slaughtering Nigerians everyday, we saw a very weak, clueless and incompetent resident giving out National awards to crooked and corrupt military service chiefs who looted funds for weapons and military salaries.

Today, Nigerians know they did the right thing because we wake up everyday to new sad tales and revelations about our stolen funds, crooks are on trial, many are confessing and returning our money..

No, you are wrong, Tinubu did his own thing, and Nigerians did theirs based on what they saw, what they witnessed and their hopes and desire for a better Nigeria..

Please come with another tale..

Atleast u agree TINUBU did something which u call 'his own thing' now if he didn't do that wot do u think wud hv been the outcome of d elections? He made it easy for us to hv sm kind of alternative. If not we wud hv still been in d dark days of GEJ. I didn't say he's sole responsible cos it took a collection of people to create that chance for us. Obj etc... Were also very much an influence. That's my point.

I govt has to bring people together to achieve smtng tangible not many factions and divisions.
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by kherington: 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
You people should leave my beloved ashiwaju the jagagban of Africa alone as much as I hate his party i see him as an exception i wish i can be like him when i reach his age i wish i can be able to install many governors parliamentarians LG chairmen etc i approve this message
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by aressssa: 11:03pm On Jul 11, 2016
jaxxy:

Atleast u agree TINUBU did something which u call 'his own thing' now if he didn't do that wot do u think wud hv been the outcome of d elections? He made it easy for us to hv sm kind of alternative. If not we wud hv still been in d dark days of GEJ. I didn't say he's sole responsible cos it took a collection of people to create that chance for us. Obj etc... Were also very much an influence. That's my point.

I govt has to bring people together to achieve smtng tangible not many factions and divisions.

And my point is, the fact that he provided a different alternative for Nigerians means he's the president, he's a public official, he should be doing the job of the EFCC, dictating public policies? NO. Capital NO.

Keeping Fayose, getting rid of Fayose or jailing Fayose is the responsibility of the people of Ekiti and the EFCC come 2018, not Tinubu meddling in what's really not his business.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by babyfaceafrica: 11:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
Ripples ko..dimples ni.....yeye dey smell...attention seekers
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by jaxxy(m): 11:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
aressssa:

And my point is, the fact that he provided a different alternative for Nigerians means he's the president, he's a public official, he should be doing the job of the EFCC, dictating public policies? NO. Capital NO.

Keeping Fayose, getting rid of Fayose or jailing Fayose is the responsibility of the people of Ekiti and the EFCC come 2018, not Tinubu meddling in what's really not his business.

No no don't get me wrong. I didn't say TINUBU shud meddle in govt or effcc affairs bro and neither did the op. If u read properly he said TINUBU shud even desist 4rm d alleged hunting of Saraki and etc. Wat he said and I say is dat TINUBU shud help revitalize the nation with brilliant ideas and contribution to cause growth instead. Obj also... The country as it is now is Almost in limbo. No clear direction or blueprint. It's promises and fail over and again.

The rookie minster of finance and CBN gov are no where to be found in d current situation. We clearly need so external force/input to change direction else we continue in thesame state!
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by aressssa: 12:40am On Jul 12, 2016
jaxxy:

No no don't get me wrong. I didn't say TINUBU shud meddle in govt or effcc affairs bro and neither did the op. If u read properly he said TINUBU shud even desist 4rm d alleged hunting of Saraki and etc.

Wat he said and I say is dat TINUBU shud help revitalize the nation with brilliant ideas and contribution to cause growth instead. Obj also... The country as it is now is Almost in limbo. No clear direction or blueprint. It's promises and fail over and again.

The rookie minster of finance and CBN gov are no where to be found in d current situation. We clearly need so external force/input to change direction else we continue in thesame state![/quote]

I see where you and the OP are coming from, but we have president, we have a cabinet and tons of advisers and I'm more than 100% sure that there's a private and dedicated communication channel between the president and Mr Tinubu in case he has any for of ideas or advice to offer the president..

Fact is, we don't need non elected public officials interfering needlessly unless delegated by the president to represent in a non official capacity.

You can not in one breath deplore Godfatherism and in the next advocate for the same Godfatherism..

He's not there every day, but hate mongers and bigots still yell his name left and right as of he's responsible for their existence instead of their incompetent local leaders..

I don't agree with you about the finance minister, despite the challenges we are facing and the rotten mess she was saddled with, she loudly exceeded my expectations.

The finance minister before her was worthless and grossly incompetent.

The woman had no clue about our money, what we are making and not making.

TSA didn't bother her and was off her radar hence us losing billions over the years

Income generating government institutions were fleecing hus via padded budgets and not remitting our money into FG accounts

The former finance minister looked the other way while the NNPC operated tons of different accounts and swindled billions way, the billions she should have been collecting and accounting for.

Hundreds of thousands ghost workers were on government payroll, but she did nothing about it.

It was under the former finance minister we started borrowing money to pay salaries even though we earned more money from oil than any government in the history of Nigeria under her.

Dasuki ATM billions was given to Dasuki by the former finance minister who as the finance minister in charge of our money gave the money to Dasuki with zero strings attached, she abdicated her responsibility and allowed Dasuki to share our money woth crooks and corrupt government officials.

No my friend, you are wrong, the current finance minister is not only doing a great job, she's a million times better than her predecessor who left us nothing but ugly financial mess, drained reserves and continued Dasuki gate revelations.

We are even yet to rise from the mess she left us..
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by AceRoyal: 2:29am On Jul 12, 2016
"That awkward moment when u been beating so hard and the pain is so much but u just can't cry cuz u forming Badt guy and trying to protect your small reputation"
I just described Tinubu's situation! tongue
Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by Firefire(m): 4:45am On Jul 12, 2016
drss:
wetin dem dey expect his frog eyes has finally open. grin

Opolo eyes no be open eyes. shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Silence: Defeating by Paperwhite(m): 5:34am On Jul 12, 2016
idupaul:

Imagine ..out of the 15 million votes Buhari got how many did Tinubu deliver..Godfather my foot
Stop reasoning like your brain is far away from you.Guess Tinubu is now invaluable to Buhari's electoral victory? Does you know what his present political silence means? Only time will tell but Tinubu single handedly made Buhari President.Wait for 2019.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Can I Still Get "Wailers Form"? / Caption This Photo Of Amaechi / Kwankwaso Falls Off The Stage As The Stage Collapsed Below His Feet(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.