Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth (4617 Views)

United State Of Nigeria: Nigerians Troll Solomon Dalung; Locks Twitter Page / Pre-biafra War: Obafemi Awolowo’s Speech To Western Nigeria Leaders Of Thought / Occupy Nigeria: Nigerians To Stage A Protest Against Buhari’s Gov’t | April 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Igboic: 8:57pm On Jul 11, 2016
[b] Real identity

"My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area.

But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language.

If you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity with those of the far Northern Nigeria. That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language. I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had a letter inviting me to join in the formation of a Mali-Fulani Organization and that I should be its chairman.

What about your ancestral lineage? People have accused you of bearing Alhaji Abubakar Saraki when you needed votes from the North, Chief Olusola Saraki when you needed votes from the South-West and in the South-East and South-South, you answered Dr. Sola Saraki. How do you reconcile these differences?

People are just reading political meanings to my actions. My Islamic name is Abubakar. When were growing up in Lagos in those days, unless you were a Christian or bore a native indigenous name, you couldn’t get a school. If I wanted to be admitted to a school, I had to drop Abubakar in favour of Sola as virtually all the schools belonged to Christian organizations. It is not correct that I was changing names to garner votes. Politicians invent those kinds of stories against their opponents. You, yourself, should know who you are". [/b]
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

If your eastern region was being fed from lagos, western region wasn't. I will not give you stats but when every idiot knows that Western Nigeria Television (WNTV) created by Awo with cocoa money was kolobied by the federal govt to become NTA, then you can use your tongue to count your teeth. Or can you tell us how much the FG used to send to Western region as allocation?

In any case, how does that stop you actualising your utopian dream country?
the boy you quoted is just as relentlessly stupid as NRI

3 Likes

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by shukuokukobambi: 8:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
omenka:
One can almost not ignore them- like some tiny pesky bug in a humid day.

You see, all that agitation nonsense is nothing but a tool used to distract, disrupt and sabotage the government. That is why one of them who wrote that piece earlier today opined that Kanu is nothing but a fraudster and iPod is nothing but a fraudulent enterprise.

But they would NEVER accept that- the pirate radio station has radicalised them so much they could hardly string two sensible ideas together.

It is a damn shame how a major ethnic group has stooped so low as to become subservant to almost all minority groups and certainly all major groups.

Shame...

Na dem sabi and na their problem. If the mumu albino like, he can sell them another aba made biabia passport for N20,000 like uwazurike milked them, e no concern me because na family affair.

I just wish they get serious with the agitations and get out of the Union. It'll be better for them and us.

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Igboic: 9:07pm On Jul 11, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

"If your eastern region was being fed from lagos, western region wasn't. I will not give you stats but when every idiot knows that Western Nigeria Television (WNTV) created by Awo with cocoa money was kolobied by the federal govt to become NTA, then you can use your tongue to count your teeth. Or can you tell us how much the FG used to send to Western region as allocation?

In any case, how does that stop you actualising your utopian dream country?

Paul Anber's essay "Modernization and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos" published in the journal of Modern African Studies vol. 5, No 2 (Sep, 1967) 163-179. See pp 171-172 for excerpt:
" '' A system of Universal primary education was introduced in Eastern Nigeria in 1953, though the mission schools had already prospered in the Region long before then. Despite the fact that there was a requirement for limited contributory fees, education continued to be very much in demand. Even at the time when universal primary education was first introduced, the percentage of the population over seven years of age who were literate was higher in the East than in any other Region: East, 10.6 per cent; West 9.5 percent; North, 0.9 percent. Since 1959, the East has had more teachers and pupils than any other area of the country, with the heaviest emphasis on primary education. Figures for elementary and secondary education indicate that the approximate ratio of teachers to population in 1963 was 1 to every 1,500 in the East, 1 to every 2,500 in th West, and 1 for every 10,000 in the north. Other statistical data reveal how rapidly the standard of living rose among Ibos. The East had the most extensive hospital facilities in the country by 1965, the largest regional production of electricity in the country by 1954, and the greatest number of vehicle registrations by 1963. The economic orientation of the Ibos was also reflected through membership of credit associations:in 1963 the East had 68,220 individual members, the west 5,776, and the north a mere 2,407." ''... His source was the Annual Abstract of Statistics ( Federal Office of Statistics, Lagos, 1965)

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by MayorofLagos(m): 9:11pm On Jul 11, 2016
@igboic,

AD was a Yoruba party, of course it was always going to throw up a Yoruba candidate.

OBJ emergence had nothing to do with Yorubas, it had more to do with international powers at play, the Northen powers had no choice but to tag along, the election was a mere formality.

OBJ emergence had nothing to do with Yorubas, and at no time did the entire country surrender the presidential seat to the Yorubas.

Obj was never a member of PDP, much more to even be thrown up as its flag bearer. The Northerners were unsure of the unpredictable but volatile Yoruba politics and at a time when every strata of Yoruba social class is toeing the same line and their demand is consistent on the one issue of political robbery, there is only one solution to the problem and that is to pacify the anger and restore what Yoruba say was rightfully theirs.....the presidential throne!

Ekwueme was already the flag bearer of PDP and was to contest against Falae of AD.

The Ibos did not know this but the Northerners were wise to see that if PDP fielded a non-Yoruba against a Yoruba AD the entire West and elements in North Central who were opposed to core North would vote for Falae. Coming on the heels of their resentment Yorubas will assert complete autonomy on the political future of the country if Falae won. They needed an alternative, a counter to AD victory. Hence the emergence of Obasanjo. Ekwueme, a founding member of PDP was displaced to insert Obasanjo.

Obasanjo in turn played fast on North but instead of bringing Ibo to succeed YarAdua he elevated Ijaw above into political succession ahead of Ibo.

2 Likes

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by mercyville: 9:13pm On Jul 11, 2016
Igboic:
I came here because the OP is one of my brothers who has no idea how progressive and self sustaining our western region was under Awo and others.

Lol. Where are the stats to prove the above, other than propaganda and repetition of the same propaganda. grin

Sane Yorubas commoners in the know are scared of Nigeria's disintegratio and are strongly anti secession, you think you know more than them? undecided
You are a very funny guy.Every discernible person knew that SW was first in everything development in the 60s,even Nigeria which included your people before the war,borrowed money from the SW.It was the unitary system that your brother used in slowing the progress of the SW.Hatred and jealousy thingy.
READ:

[b] Awolowo was also the country's leading social democratic politician.[1] He supported limited public ownership and limited central planning in government.[1] He believed that the state should channel Nigeria's resources into education and state-led infrastructural development.[8] Controversially, and at considerable expense, he introduced free primary education for all and free health care for children in the Western Region, established the first television service in Africa in 1959, and the Oduduwa Group, all of which were financed from the highly lucrative cocoa industry which was the mainstay of the regional economy.

Free Universal Primary Education and Health

Awolowo pioneered free primary education in Nigeria in the Western Region and also free health care. Although Awolowo failed to win the 1979 and 1983 presidential elections of the Second Republic, he polled the second highest number of votes and his policies of free education and limited free health were carried out throughout all the states controlled by his party, the Unity Party of Nigeria.
Legacy

Awolowo is best remembered for his remarkable integrity, ardent nationalism, principled and virile opposition, and dogged federalistic convictions. His party was the first to move the motion for Nigeria's independence in the federal parliament and he obtained internal self-government for the Western Region in 1957. He is credited with coining the name "naira" for the Nigerian standard monetary unit and helped to finance the Civil War and preserve the federation without borrowing. He built the Liberty Stadium in Ibadan, the first of its kind in Africa; established the WNTV, the first television station in Africa; erected the first skyscraper in tropical Africa: the Cocoa House (still the tallest in Ibadan) and ran a widely respected civil service in the Western Region.

Awolowo was reputedly admired by Ghana's Kwame Nkrumah, and some of his disciples in the South-West have continued to invoke his name and the policies of his party, the Action Group, during campaigns, while his welfarist policies have influenced politicians in most of the other geopolitical zones of the nation. He was a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and Chancellor of the University of Ife (his brainchild) and Ahmadu Bello University. He held many chieftaincy titles, including those of the Losi of Ikenne, Lisa of Ijeun, Asiwaju of Remo, Odofin of Owo, Ajagunla of Ado-Ekiti, Apesin of Osogbo, Odole of Ife and, among the Ibibios, Obong Ikpa Isong of Ibibioland. He was also conferred with the highest national honour of Grand Commander of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, a rank and a title that have ordinarily been bestowed upon the country's presidents. Many institutions in Nigeria have honoured him, and some regional and national institutions are named after him, including Obafemi Awolowo University in Ile-Ife, Osun State (formerly University of Ife), Obafemi Awolowo Stadium (formerly the Liberty Stadium) and the Obafemi Awolowo Institute of Government and Public Policy in Lekki, Lagos State. His portrait is on the ₦100 naira note. He was also the author of several publications on the political structure and future prospects of Nigeria, the most prominent of which are Path to Nigerian Freedom, Thoughts on the Nigerian Constitution, and Strategies and Tactics of the People's Republic of Nigeria.

In 1992, the Obafemi Awolowo Foundation was founded as an independent, non-profit, non-partisan organisation committed to furthering the symbiotic interaction of public policy and relevant scholarship with a view to promoting the overall development of the Nigerian nation. The Foundation was launched by the President of Nigeria at that time, General Ibrahim Babangida, at the Liberty Stadium, Ibadan.[12] However, his most important bequests (styled Awoism) are his exemplary integrity, his welfarism, his contributions to hastening the process of decolonisation and his consistent and reasoned advocacy of federalism-based on ethno-linguistic self-determination and uniting politically strong states-as the best basis for Nigerian unity. Awolowo died peacefully at his Ikenne home, the Efunyela Hall (so named after his mother), on 9 May 1987, at the age of 78 and was laid to rest in Ikenne, amid tributes across political and ethno-religious divides.
[/b]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obafemi_Awolowo

3 Likes

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by mercyville: 9:17pm On Jul 11, 2016
MayorofLagos:
@igboic,

Obj was never a member of PDP, much more to even be thrown up as its flag bearer. The Northerners were unsure of the unpredictable but volatile Yoruba politics and at a time when every strata of Yoruba social class is toeing the same line and their demand is consistent on the one issue of political robbery, there is only one solution to the problem and that is to pacify the anger and restore what Yoruba say was rightfully theirs.....the presidential throne!

Ekwueme was already the flag bearer of PDP and was to contest against Falae of AD.

The Ibos did not know this but the Northerners were wise to see that if PDP fielded a non-Yoruba against a Yoruba AD the entire West and elements in North Central who were opposed to core North would vote for Falae. Coming on the heels of their resentment Yorubas will assert complete autonomy on the political future of the country if Falae won. They needed an alternative, a counter to AD victory. Hence the emergence of Obasanjo. Ekwueme, a founding member of PDP was displaced to insert Obasanjo.

Obasanjo in turn played fast on North but instead of bringing Ibo to succeed YarAdua he elevated Ijaw above into political succession ahead of Ibo.

You think he would understand you?They are not politically savvy.It is like you are speaking or writing in greek. wink

2 Likes

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by mercyville: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
Igboic:

Paul Anber's essay "Modernization and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos" published in the journal of Modern African Studies vol. 5, No 2 (Sep, 1967) 163-179. See pp 171-172 for excerpt:
" '' A system of Universal primary education was introduced in Eastern Nigeria in 1953, though the mission schools had already prospered in the Region long before then. Despite the fact that there was a requirement for limited contributory fees, education continued to be very much in demand. Even at the time when universal primary education was first introduced, the percentage of the population over seven years of age who were literate was higher in the East than in any other Region: East, 10.6 per cent; West 9.5 percent; North, 0.9 percent. Since 1959, the East has had more teachers and pupils than any other area of the country, with the heaviest emphasis on primary education. Figures for elementary and secondary education indicate that the approximate ratio of teachers to population in 1963 was 1 to every 1,500 in the East, 1 to every 2,500 in th West, and 1 for every 10,000 in the north. Other statistical data reveal how rapidly the standard of living rose among Ibos. The East had the most extensive hospital facilities in the country by 1965, the largest regional production of electricity in the country by 1954, and the greatest number of vehicle registrations by 1963. The economic orientation of the Ibos was also reflected through membership of credit associations:in 1963 the East had 68,220 individual members, the west 5,776, and the north a mere 2,407." ''... His source was the Annual Abstract of Statistics ( Federal Office of Statistics, Lagos, 1965)

You could be right but by the 60s,Yoruba took over until date. grin
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by shukuokukobambi: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
Double post
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by shukuokukobambi: 9:22pm On Jul 11, 2016
Igboic:

[size=2pt]Paul Anber's essay "Modernization and Political Disintegration: Nigeria and the Ibos" published in the journal of Modern African Studies vol. 5, No 2 (Sep, 1967) 163-179. See pp 171-172 for excerpt:
" '' A system of Universal primary education was introduced in Eastern Nigeria in 1953, though the mission schools had already prospered in the Region long before then. Despite the fact that there was a requirement for limited contributory fees, education continued to be very much in demand. Even at the time when universal primary education was first introduced, the percentage of the population over seven years of age who were literate was higher in the East than in any other Region: East, 10.6 per cent; West 9.5 percent; North, 0.9 percent. Since 1959, the East has had more teachers and pupils than any other area of the country, with the heaviest emphasis on primary education. Figures for elementary and secondary education indicate that the approximate ratio of teachers to population in 1963 was 1 to every 1,500 in the East, 1 to every 2,500 in th West, and 1 for every 10,000 in the north. Other statistical data reveal how rapidly the standard of living rose among Ibos. The East had the most extensive hospital facilities in the country by 1965, the largest regional production of electricity in the country by 1954, and the greatest number of vehicle registrations by 1963. The economic orientation of the Ibos was also reflected through membership of credit associations:in 1963 the East had 68,220 individual members, the west 5,776, and the north a mere 2,407." ''... His source was the Annual Abstract of Statistics ( Federal Office of Statistics, Lagos, 1965)[/size]

Congrats. Now how does this cancel my statement that Western region was progressive and self sustaining? Are you bereft of self esteem?

I asked you to show me how western nigeria was being fed by lagos and you pull out an article that has nothing to do with western region? How does this article help you get your biabia? Are you cursed to always be focus less?
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by IkpuMmadu: 9:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
omenka:
One can almost not ignore them- like some tiny pesky bug in a humid day.

You see, all that agitation nonsense is nothing but a tool used to distract, disrupt and sabotage the government. That is why one of them who wrote that piece earlier today opined that Kanu is nothing but a fraudster and iPod is nothing but a fraudulent enterprise.

But they would NEVER accept that- the pirate radio station has radicalised them so much they could hardly string two sensible ideas together.

It is a damn shame how a major ethnic group has stooped so low as to become subservant to almost all minority groups and certainly all major groups.

Shame...

This old man. You still haven't grown ...they just mudered your people by Fulani yesterday instead of you to be solemn you are here following your co Yoruba travellers
People that there words re no longer valued

You will die of hate
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Igboic: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2016
MayorofLagos:
@igboic,

OBJ was a powerless man in prison. He had no powers whatsoever.

Yorubas were powerless as well, if they were not, Abiola wouldn't have died.

It's ridiculous for Yorubas to say that the North that refused to give up power to Yoruba after your useless protests in Lagos were quelled by the North and didn't do nada to change Abiola's fate, will now turn around to now give away power on a platter of gold to Yorubas because of Abiola? I mean what's the worst Yorubas could have done? Start another round of protests and be pacified with force all over again by the North.

Power concedes nothing without demand, Yorubas had and still do not have the wherewithal to demand power from the North, Abiola protests and it's futility proved that already.

OBJ emergence had nothing to do with Yorubas, OBJ is a pipette the Caucasian powers brought in to do their bidings that Abacha had started resisting.
The North had to step aside.

Yoruba alliance with Kwara cannot win a national election, the Igbo and core North will nullify that, Awo already tried that with UMBC and it failed.

Nobody is or was afraid of Yorubas, the whole country had seen your worst during Abiola protests, and it was easily contained.

Stop deluding yourselves.
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Yorubanews: 9:33pm On Jul 11, 2016
I know one afonja will try to ban me for this, but I will speak my mind.

[size=15pt]Shame on Yorubas who kept mute when Lagos/Ogun attacked by Biafran terrorists, but made noise on social media for Benue attack.

Shame on Yorubas who still want one Nigeria, knowing that they're hated by their neighbors.

Shame on Yorubas who try to force one Nigeria on us while Yorubaland suffers from effects of massive migration.

Shame on Yoruba leaders for not taking advantage of rich resources and human labor in Yorubaland and still insist on SS oil like their Northern/Southeastern counterparts.

Shame on Yoruba leaders for failing to revive our education sector

Shame on Yoruba leader for failing to revive our agricultural process.

Shame on Yoruba leaders for failing us.

And eternal shame on one-Nigeria Yorubas for being so shortsighted. Yorubaland can survive without Nigeria.

Shame. Shame. Shame!!![/size]

2 Likes

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Igboic: 9:35pm On Jul 11, 2016
mercyville:

You could be right but by the 60s,Yoruba took over until date. grin

You can keep deceiving yourself.
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by shukuokukobambi: 9:43pm On Jul 11, 2016
Igboic:

OBJ was a powerless man in prison. He had no powers whatsoever.

Yorubas were powerless as well, if they were not, Abiola wouldn't have died.

It's ridiculous for Yorubas to say that the North that refused to give up power to Yoruba after your useless protests in Lagos were quelled by the North and didn't do nada to change Abiola's fate, will now turn around to now give away power on a platter of gold to Yorubas because of Abiola? I mean what's the worst Yorubas could have done? Start another round of protests and be pacified with force all over again by the North.

Power concedes nothing without demand, Yorubas had and still do not have the wherewithal to demand power from the North, Abiola protests and it's futility proved that already.

OBJ emergence had nothing to do with Yorubas, OBJ is a pipette the Caucasian powers brought in to do their bidings that Abacha had started resisting.
The North had to step aside.

Yoruba alliance with Kwara cannot win a national election, the Igbo and core North will nullify that, Awo already tried that with UMBC and it failed.

Nobody is or was afraid of Yorubas, the whole country had seen your worst during Abiola protests, and it was easily contained.

Stop deluding yourselves.

cheesy cheesy

No wahala. You can believe that if it makes you sleep well tonight cheesy

What you can't argue against is that Ekwueme formed PDP with some folks and OBJ strolled in to take the crown and seize the entire apparatus and hierarchy of the PDP, using and discarding 5 of your sons as Senate presidents wink

Then the same OBJ fvcked you and others very well for 8 years. When he got done, he snookered the north by foisting a sick Yaradua on the throne and attaching an ijaw instead of yeeboe to him wink

When that one lost his senses from your eternal sucking of his balls, OBJ and Tinubu joined forces to chase him away and bring in buhari cheesy

So you see, for 16 years, a Yoruba man OBJ and another Yoruba man, Tinubu have decided the political destiny of this useless contraption of a country. Till date, the man OBJ still gets consulted by his former subordinate, buhari in running the country cheesy

I think I could live with that in the current circumstances wink

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by ConqueredWest: 9:46pm On Jul 11, 2016
MayorofLagos:
Ibos finally realized there is no way forward on Biafra and secession and now making a desperate move to position one nigeria as the only way forward.

Im happy that you recovered and gained your senses back. Again, hundreds of Ibo lives wasted in the unecessary and ill-planned protest but it is better to surrender than keep protesting and loosing lives. It is best to first have a solid plan with resolve to see it to the end than to start a uprising with a half life cycle. In the area of political organization and social liberties there are still lessons for Ibos to learn.

Ibos, disguised as Yorubas and Hausas, are on social media spreading message of unity for Nigeria and advocating ressons why Nigeria is incomplete without Ibos. If this is not an act of cowardness I don't know what other thing to call it.

Some years not long ago after a Yoruba won the election and was disenfranchised, the Yorubas, who the Ibos fondly refer to as cowards, staged an uprising that crippled the government and forced other ethnic groups to vacate Yorubaland in fear. The agitation was from top to bottom of the Yoruba ethnicity. Those infront leading the street protests were senior lawyers, politicians, retired military officers, academicians, diplomats, and so on....behind them were the ordinary citizens. Political militias were targeting military, police and goverment assets and terrorizing the institution and unity of Nigeria. As government arrested and put our leaders in jail their position was quickly filled by new set of leaders. Our Obas spoke with one voice and endorsed the actions of their subjects and demanded the government correct the injustice if they want peace. UK and US got involved as mediators and finally Federal Government caved in. For the first time in its history Nigeria conceeded the Presidential election to candidates from one ethnic race. It had not been done before and never since. Why? Planning, resolve and truth!

We don't call it an act of bravery, no doubt it is not an act cowardice....but we call it an act of political wisdom!

Those who call themselves brave and others cowards, at every turn of their political aspirations they meet roadblocks and the first thing they do is retreat. What kind of bravery is in this people's gene?

A comment by a typical AFONJA south west of Nigeria cheesy
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Yorubanews: 9:47pm On Jul 11, 2016
YoruBanger:
Op, it's obvious you are one of the many misguided Yorubas who refuse to acknowledge that this country has never and will never be united. Your likes will eventually get Yorubas into some serious problems that may take generations to correct, with your line of thinking -- the infamous AFONJA miscalculation comes to mind. Unity can't be forced. if Igbos want out, why are you insisting they remain with the rest of the country? They as well as others agitating for a separation are entitled to want out! Nigeria's unity is NOT BY FORCE! Yorubas like myself also want out!!! This marriage has never worked so why keep fooling ourselves? It's criminal to force an unhappy spouse to remain in a marriage he/she's no longer interested in. Why can't Yorubas like you just get that simple concept? Yorubas can stand alone as a nation, we have all it takes, so why this twisted, self-hating, and cowardly 'One Nigeria' obsession for goodness sakes??

They're the groups of Yorubas we should all be aware of. They're like afonja, ready to lose Yorubaland to the highest bidder.
Unfortunately, if we ignore their likes, we'll lose them like Ibos lost Igweocha to Ijaws. We can't leave them behind, else we'll regret it later.
They're the types we watch carefully and correct asap.
Why Yoruba afonjas are louder than their anti-Biafran Ibo counterpart, I will never understand. They're always trying to form sophistication for others and not for the Yoruba cause.

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by shukuokukobambi: 9:51pm On Jul 11, 2016
Yorubanews:
I know one afonja will try to ban me for this, but I will speak my mind.

[size=15pt]Shame on Yorubas who kept mute when Lagos/Ogun attacked by Biafran terrorists, but made noise on social media for Benue attack.

Shame on Yorubas who still want one Nigeria, knowing that they're hated by their neighbors.

Shame on Yorubas who try to force one Nigeria on us while Yorubaland suffers from effects of massive migration.

Shame on Yoruba leaders for not taking advantage of rich resources and human labor in Yorubaland and still insist on SS oil like their Northern/Southeastern counterparts.

Shame on Yoruba leaders for failing to revive our education sector

Shame on Yoruba leader for failing to revive our agricultural process.

Shame on Yoruba leaders for failing us.

And eternal shame on one-Nigeria Yorubas for being so shortsighted. Yorubaland can survive without Nigeria.

Shame. Shame. Shame!!![/size]

Abeg while I agree with all other points, nothing like Biafra terrorists attacked Ogun. Let's not whip up unnecessary sentiments abeg.

If there were Biafran terrorists, they would have attacked the army in Onitsha.

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
ConqueredWest:

A comment by a typical AFONJA south west of Nigeria cheesy
what have you done about the 3million wasted ones?

3 Likes

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Igboic: 9:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

cheesy cheesy

No wahala. You can believe that if it makes you sleep well tonight cheesy

What you can't argue against is that Ekwueme formed PDP with some folks and OBJ strolled in to take the crown and seize the entire apparatus and hierarchy of the PDP, using and discarding 5 of your sons as Senate presidents wink

Then the same OBJ fvcked you and others very well for 8 years. When he got done, he snookered the north by foisting a sick Yaradua on the throne and attaching an ijaw instead of yeeboe to him wink

When that one lost his senses from your eternal sucking of his balls, OBJ and Tinubu joined forces to chase him away and bring in buhari cheesy

So you see, for 16 years, a Yoruba man OBJ and another Yoruba man, Tinubu have decided the political destiny of this useless contraption of a country. Till date, the man OBJ still gets consulted by his former subordinate, buhari in running the country cheesy

I think I could live with that in the current circumstances wink

I don't see how the above uplifted the living standard of a Yoruba commoner. *shrugs*

Same OBJ that was begging Atiku for second tenure? Hmm
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Yorubanews: 10:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

Abeg while I agree with all other points, nothing like Biafra terrorists attacked Ogun. Let's not whip up unnecessary sentiments abeg.

If there were Biafran terrorists, they would have attacked the army in Onitsha.

They're your friends

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3915403_biafranprotest_jpeg23c3b6c861be404c73b05e350beb4279

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3915404_b2_jpega4c87d01a60c71e2f6b6f4bc06e914af

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3915405_b3_jpeg227387575f702aed07d5137ae85c29b5

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3915406_b4_jpeg3da6cda1cb6585f26d0a0125b1f45a79
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by shukuokukobambi: 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
Igboic:
[b] Real identity

"My mother is from Iseyin in Oyo State, while my father is from Ilorin in Kwara State. My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam. A section of Ilorin came from Gwandu and they were religious, but my people came there as practising Muslims from Mali with their own Quran. In fact, the Emir and I used to joke that we had our own Quran and that nobody gave us Quran. My great-grandfather brought our own Quran to Ilorin from Mali to Agbaji where we settled. The Agbaji quarters is about 200 to 300 years old. Over the years, religious piety and devotion have led the prohibition of drumming (in whatever circumstance) in the area.

But because of our connection with the Southern people, a lot of Yoruba are always in Ilorin and so we speak the same language.

If you look at the Ilorin people, the real Ilorin people like Saraki for example, the culture and their ways share affinity with those of the far Northern Nigeria. That accounts for the difference you observe between us and, particularly, people of the South-West, despite the existence, now, of Yoruba as a common language. I leave people to say whatever they like about me. Some people even say I am from Ogun State and some even say I am from Togo but I know where I am from. Even, not long ago, I had a letter inviting me to join in the formation of a Mali-Fulani Organization and that I should be its chairman.

What about your ancestral lineage? People have accused you of bearing Alhaji Abubakar Saraki when you needed votes from the North, Chief Olusola Saraki when you needed votes from the South-West and in the South-East and South-South, you answered Dr. Sola Saraki. How do you reconcile these differences?

People are just reading political meanings to my actions. My Islamic name is Abubakar. When were growing up in Lagos in those days, unless you were a Christian or bore a native indigenous name, you couldn’t get a school. If I wanted to be admitted to a school, I had to drop Abubakar in favour of Sola as virtually all the schools belonged to Christian organizations. It is not correct that I was changing names to garner votes. Politicians invent those kinds of stories against their opponents. You, yourself, should know who you are". [/b]
Since u know so much about saraki family, pls kindly tell us d name of olusola Saraki's father (bukolas grandfather) olusola saraki claimed they came from mali over 200yrs ago and yet he is d only saraki in entire ilorin, what about his father and grandfather? Even in agbaji, the only saraki is olusola no other saraki in agbaji(where was adopted)

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Yorubanews: 10:12pm On Jul 11, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

And somehow somehow, you got the video that these guys attacked Ogun communities?

Do you have videos of Fulani Herdsmen attacking Enugu?
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by shukuokukobambi: 10:14pm On Jul 11, 2016
Igboic:

I don't see how the above uplifted the living standard of a Yoruba commoner. *shrugs*

Same OBJ that was begging Atiku for second tenure? Hmm

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I like this. In fact he also begged ibori as we heard. Then begged odili too wink

Now what has been the lot of the Atiku since then? cheesy what happened to the ibori since then? cheesy

Let me say like OBJ, "I dey laugh" and "I dey kampe" cheesy

Oya Bring up another idiocy wink

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Yorubanews: 10:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
yemaldo:

Since u know so much about saraki family, pls kindly tell us d name of olusola Saraki's father (bukolas grandfather) olusola saraki claimed they came from mali over 200yrs ago and yet he is d only saraki in entire ilorin, what about his father and grandfather? Even in agbaji, the only saraki is olusola no other saraki in agbaji(where was adopted)

You're wasting your time. They'd rather want to carry slippers for Fulani than for Yorubas. In Ibo mind, being slaves to Saraki means being slaves to Fulani. They prefer that.

We've had this discussion hundreds of times on NL.

If na one half Ibo boy wey become minister in UK, Ibo from his momma side, dem go call am Ibo. No mind those people grin
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by shukuokukobambi: 10:19pm On Jul 11, 2016
Yorubanews:

Do you have videos of Fulani Herdsmen attacking Enugu?

No I don't. Do you?
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by shukuokukobambi: 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
yemaldo:

Forget them abeg cheesy

They're agitating for Biafra but spend all their time researching Saraki's lineage and dynasty cheesy

If oloye picked Olusola because of a chance for education, why did he name his kids bukola, gbemi and lanre?

For them to get educated in a christian school too? You'd also have to wonder when olusola, bukola, gbemi and lanre became Christian names cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
Saraki Is Not From Kwara By Alhaji AbdulGaniyu Folorunsho Abdulrazak

http://saharareporters.com/2010/12/09/saraki-not-kwara-alhaji-abdulganiyu-folorunsho-abdulrazak

Bukola is a full blooded yoruba man from abeokuta

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

Forget them abeg cheesy

They're agitating for Biafra but spend all their time researching Saraki's lineage and dynasty cheesy

If oloye picked Olusola because of a chance for education, why did he name his kids bukola, gbemi and lanre?

For them to get educated in a christian school too? You'd also have to wonder when olusola, bukola, gbemi and lanre became Christian names cheesy
Don't mind those yeye people, imagine o, they came to Nigeria over 200yrs ago and we don't even know who is olusola's father or relatives with the same name(saraki)

1 Like

Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by Yorubanews: 10:28pm On Jul 11, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

No I don't. Do you?

No I don't. Your point?
Re: The Western Nigeria, Nigerians And The Truth by shukuokukobambi: 10:31pm On Jul 11, 2016
Yorubanews:

No I don't. Your point?

Stop playing the childish propaganda games of radio Biafra.

The eternal chest beaters and ultimatum issuers CAN NEVER ATTACK OGUN. If they could, they would have started from the Burantashi boys using them for target practice at upper iweka.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Mock President Buhari For "Looking Sick" In Military Attire(photos) / Ebonyi State Governor Soldiers Blocks Nnamdi Kanu PICS Video / Joyce Banda To Chair COWAP African Women Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.