Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (989037 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 26, 2017
nemesis2uagain:
lastly my favourite pic grin grin

gentuulmen plz welcome the ladies grin grin grin

damn thats one angry lady with a sword shocked shocked grin grin

got my eyes on the left and the right one, just behind the angry amazonian grin
also one on the first row grin
another one on the 4th column from left grin

darn too many options in a single photo grin

Pervert grin grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2017
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 26, 2017
shocked cheesy cheesy

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jan 26, 2017
This one is for you nemesis. Guess the operation

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 26, 2017
well , whats the answer grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
This one is for you nemesis. Guess the operation
Sierra Leone Operation Khukri grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2017
nemesis2uagain:
well , whats the answer grin

Operation khukri Sierra Leone. 2000

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:24am On Jan 27, 2017
The British Army’s Warrior armoured vehicle demonstrated its firepower and fighting capability during successful firing trials in Scotland. The new turret and cannon, which has been designed and installed by engineers at Lockheed Martin UK's Ampthill site were tested during trials at Kirkcudbright ranges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJLSZBSOkxA
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 27, 2017
Royal Saudi Air Force unveiled its CH-4 "Rainbow" armed drone for the first time during KFAA Ceremony

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 9:31am On Jan 27, 2017
ndian metallurgy has to improve. Indian built ship's are nice, but thier land systems are mostly horrible.

Look at this vehicle, is this an IFV? The damn thing looks like an earthworm.

Really,henry240! Forget all the brahmos,(now in hypersonic block 5),Tejas and the Arjun. Have you been seeing the ATAGS nemesis2u has posted? Do you have any idea of the tolerances needed in the chamber of a 155mm to send the projectile on its way? Its not made of teak!!
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 9:52am On Jan 27, 2017
Btw,S Africans I have news for you. India will soon in 6 years at the latest overtake you and be a major arms exporter. Their products aren't only cost effective,top quality and indigenous but fill a very real role warfighting role.
For proof of this look no further than the Rudra. Its meant to be a combi gunship and carry a half section with a rear ramp.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-dYA-kwI0Y8k/Ur5EhYPh3tI/AAAAAAAAhCw/pl2GOhp-Jck/s1600/Indian+Rudra+Armed+Utility+Helicopter+and+Light+Combat+Helicopter+(LCH).jpg[/img]

Still relatively new its last tests were done in early 2013. Already its selling and an African country is seeking a coproduction agreement. You guys have a top quality gunship in a crowded field fighting for sales with Hinds,Havocs,Tigers,Apaches, Kamovs and even Apaches. Point being? The Rudra is what armies want! If you guys had gone for a Rooivalk light model like the AH 6 or Hughes 530 with greater capacity than these models but a correspondingly lesser price tag than the 25-30 mn$ a piece for the standard Rooivalk you'd have had success.
I hate to say it but I doubt you'll get anything beyond a purchase probe in this market.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 10:20am On Jan 27, 2017
kikuyu1:
Btw,S Africans I have news for you. India will soon in 6 years at the latest overtake you and be a major arms exporter. Their products aren't only cost effective,top quality and indigenous but fill a very real role warfighting role.
For proof of this look no further than the Rudra. Its meant to be a combi gunship and carry a half section with a rear ramp.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-dYA-kwI0Y8k/Ur5EhYPh3tI/AAAAAAAAhCw/pl2GOhp-Jck/s1600/Indian+Rudra+Armed+Utility+Helicopter+and+Light+Combat+Helicopter+(LCH).jpg[/img]

Still relatively new its last tests were done in early 2013. Already its selling and an African country is seeking a coproduction agreement. You guys have a top quality gunship in a crowded field fighting for sales with Hinds,Havocs,Tigers,Apaches, Kamovs and even Apaches. Point being? The Rudra is what armies want! If you guys had gone for a Rooivalk light model like the AH 6 or Hughes 530 with greater capacity than these models but a correspondingly lesser price tag than the 25-30 mn$ a piece for the standard Rooivalk you'd have had success.
I hate to say it but I doubt you'll get anything beyond a purchase probe in this market.
The Rooivalk was developed or exists because there's was and still a need for it.

The price tag of the Rooivalk is unknown but said to be cheaper than the Apache.

Those upgraded light utility helicopters will never fill the role of heavy attack helicopters.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
last 2 days Vietnamese media r reporting that the deal for export of Brahmos and Akash SAM to Vietnam has been signed.

Akash SAM will involve TOT ,
personally i cant verify the signing of the deal.

also the Chinese have started putting pressure on Vietnam to back off the deal.

lets see grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 12:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
MikeCZA:
The Rooivalk was developed or exists because there's was and still a need for it.

The price tag of the Rooivalk is unknown but said to be cheaper than the Apache.

Those upgraded light utility helicopters will never fill the role of heavy attack helicopters.

You're missing the point! Tell me why the otherwise excellent Rooivalk which has been around for almost 20 years isn't selling and the 3 year old Rudra with its Hind role is highly sought after.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 27, 2017
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 27, 2017
nemesis2u:
lipsrsealed
Nice pictures you've shared so far, what's with the colors though ? Very interesting camo schemes
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 27, 2017
kikuyu1:

You're missing the point! Tell me why the otherwise excellent Rooivalk which has been around for almost 20 years isn't selling and the 3 year old Rudra with its Hind role is highly sought after.

i have concrete info regarding LCH , preliminary negotiations r ongoing with some African countries, they want the LCH with basic weapons like rockets and guns . they will go for ATGM capability when they feel the need.

this involves certain TOT with regard to spares etc. India is proposing to set up a local MRO run by the respective countries , plus technicians/scientists of the respective countries will be allowed access to indian R & D centers to develop their own upgrades and weapon certification (with their weapons of choice). in short help the R & D capabilities of the respective countries so they can build on it further . plus there is a option which talks about joint development of a weapon system from scratch.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

i have concrete info regarding LCH , preliminary negotiations r ongoing with some African countries, they want the LCH with basic weapons like rockets and guns . they will go for ATGM capability when they feel the need.

this involves certain TOT with regard to spares etc. India is proposing to set up a local MRO run by the respective countries , plus technicians/scientists of the respective countries will be allowed access to indian R & D centers to develop their own upgrades and weapon certification (with their weapons of choice). in short help the R & D capabilities of the respective countries so they can build on it further . plus there is a option which talks about joint development of a weapon system from scratch.

Oops! My bad-temporarily confused the LCH with Rudra:this is what you should've gone for. A lighter version of he original Rooivalk. Point remains both Rudra and LCH are selling-why isn't the Rooivalk??
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 1:29pm On Jan 27, 2017
kikuyu1:

Marketing was stopped until the helicopter's deployment to the DRC.

The reason the Rooivalk never received orders was because of the SANDF budget cuts and operational usage.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jan 27, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Nice pictures you've shared so far, what's with the colors though ? Very interesting camo schemes

camo depends on the units area of operation,

desert
grassy plains
jungle
mountains
snow clad regions
marshy places
etc

again a weapon which has to transition between 2 regions say from grassy plains to desert or vice versa will have a unique camo in order to blend in both the regions.

previously Indians used their unique tectric camouflage now they also use digital camouflage.

pic 1 shows the IA tectric camouflage good for both semi arid and arid areas (grassy plains and deserts)

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

camo depends on the units area of operation,

desert
grassy plains
jungle
mountains
snow clad regions
marshy places
etc

again a weapon which has to transition between 2 regions say from grassy plains to desert or vice versa will have a unique camo in order to blend in both the regions.

previously Indians used their unique tectric camouflage now they also use digital camouflage.

pic 1 shows the IA tectric camouflage good for both semi arid and arid areas (grassy plains and deserts)

another thing this r not simply designs only.

these camos r tested thoroughly in the IR and visual spectrum , these r also tested against the vegetation, terrain features where these camos will be used . these is their effectiveness r evaluated in trials before implementation.

proprietary software tools have been developed which combined with geographic information system (GIS) and other terrain analysis tools allow optimal camo designs for a specific region / specific purpose
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 27, 2017
tongue

local tech for BMP 2 upgrade

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
the video is quite vague but interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMHIhtLofyo
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 27, 2017
@henry240 , kikuyu1 , jakeporeshenko , MikeCZA , bidexiii , giles14 , tdayof , Odunayaw , jln115 and others

just wanted to know how many of u believe in the existence of tectonic weapons and terraforming weapons ? cool

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by kikuyu1(m): 8:12pm On Jan 27, 2017
nemesis2u:
@henry240 , kikuyu1 , jakeporeshenko , MikeCZA , bidexii , giles14 , tdayof , Odunayaw , jln115 and others

just wanted to know how many of u believe in the existence of tectonic weapons and terraforming weapons ? cool

I don't believe anything! I KNOW they are in operational use along with space platforms and energy weapons that make conventional warfare obsolete! Ivan has had working CITY WIDE Tesla shields (force fields) since at least the early 70s.
Also many UFOs are actually Ivan,US and China. Some are holograms,some from both outer space and inner earth aliens. Sorry for x files digression!

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Tochex101(m): 8:15pm On Jan 27, 2017
nemesis2u:
@henry240 , kikuyu1 , jakeporeshenko , MikeCZA , bidexii , giles14 , tdayof , Odunayaw , jln115 and others

This should be interesting, oya start spilling.
Already got my note pad out cool

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jan 27, 2017
kikuyu1:

I don't believe anything! I KNOW they are in operational use along with space platforms and energy weapons that make conventional warfare obsolete!

Tochex101:

This should be interesting, oya start spilling.
Already got my note pad out cool

they r in existence but in laboratories / controlled test facilities and areas.

lets say a country X manged to snatch some research papers from a X university in china , there references were found about working principles of tectonic weapons.

these were passed onto relevant scientific departments for verification , it came out positive for 40-60 % of the working principles.

later 2 year or so china published a white paper outlining there future thrust areas in military/civilian research , most notably mention was made of tectonic weapons. this corroborated the earlier findings. the authors were a colonel and a major of a PLA think tank.

these findings were passed onto a major world power for consultation etc .
after that i dont know what happened grin

many in the scientific community consider tectonic weapons and especially terraforming weapons as fictions fit for the loony bins grin

but they r wrong in more than one ways because , billions of dollars r poured into research involving estoric weapons , many of which r never meant to see the day or end up being used as a publicized weapon (meant for covert use only).
spin-offs from such programs/research generally end up getting made/ bought into production as part of normal weapon systems.

i dont know anything about terraforming weapons but i do know that work on tectonic weapons is a work in progress. how far the system has matured it is a matter of speculation.

during a discussion a fellow told me this.

imagine a ground penetrating radar , if we could have a similar radar which could beam down EM waves of a suitable frequency upto a desired depth beneath the ground level and with enough power to excite/agitate the water molecules of the water table , resulting in spontaneous vaporization on a massive scale of the millions of tonnes of under ground water , these would result in movement of the crust/ground above it and cause earthquake like situations over a localized area. the frequency and severity can be increased by appropriately modulating the frequency of the incident EM wave which will result in a similar effect on the water molecules, thereby increasing the amplitude and frequency of the crust/terrain movement just above it .

i asked him if any country is capable of this, he replied 2 countries and but both use different methods , i asked for source ,
he smiled and said that scientists always rely on indirect evidence grin

but other estoric weapons like climate change weapons etc is something i dont believe because it dont understand it grin
and because i believe it is very difficult to localize the effects , not to say about the massive power requirements involved.

lets stop here, dont want to be tagged as a looney bin grin

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
kikuyu1:

I don't believe anything! I KNOW they are in operational use along with space platforms and energy weapons that make conventional warfare obsolete! Ivan has had working CITY WIDE Tesla shields (force fields) since at least the early 70s.
Also many UFOs are actually Ivan,US and China. Some are holograms,some from both outer space and inner earth aliens. Sorry for x files digression!

as regarding UFOs one interesting fact is their presence / sightings near WMD sites .

weather these r classified / unknown spy planes or extra terrestrial objects , it is a matter of debate.

india has been wary of US snooping and we came across very interesting data (radar etc) of some the so called UFOs, fits rather nicely to the some of their so called estoric weapons program. some r false alarms etc but some of the so called UFOs r not explainable, these r tagged as subjected to further investigation grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 9:46pm On Jan 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

I believe they do exist but only time will tell.

the Russians n Americans have so many secret weapons research and development that the world know not about.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 10:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
giles14:
@nemesis
any idea if India navy will b going for the new might 35 as its new carrier jet. http://www.airrecognition.com/index.php/focus-analysis-photo-report-aviation-defence-industry/aviation-defence-industry-technology/3257-mikoyan-mig-35-in-full-details-specifications-performances-weapons-sensors.html

upgraded rafale M, not MIG35 , as MIG35 is not intended /built for carrier duties

for russian side future indian orders with regard to combat planes will be SU30MKI upgrade ( SUPER SU30MKI ) estimated to cost 8-10 billion dollars and FGFA (PAKFA) estimated to cost 20+ billion dollars

(speculation) for naval AWACS suitable for incoming carriers India might so for development of AWACS mounted on Russian SU80 ( a twin turboprop , twin boom STOL aircraft) Russia’s Sukhoi OKB had 2 years ago offered to co-develop with CABS a carrier-based AEW variant of the Su-80 STOL turboprop or even a UAV AWACS based ON ZOND UAV platform from SUKHOI

pic 1 ZOND AWACS

pic 2 S-80

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by giles14(m): 11:16pm On Jan 27, 2017
nemesis2u:

upgraded rafale M, not MIG35 , as MIG35 is not intended /built for carrier duties

for russian side future indian orders with regard to combat planes will be SU30MKI upgrade ( SUPER SU30MKI ) estimated to cost 8-10 billion dollars and FGFA (PAKFA) estimated to cost 20+ billion dollars

(speculation) for naval AWACS suitable for incoming carriers India might so for development of AWACS mounted on Russian SU80 ( a twin turboprop , twin boom STOL aircraft) Russia’s Sukhoi OKB had 2 years ago offered to co-develop with CABS a carrier-based AEW variant of the Su-80 STOL turboprop or even a UAV AWACS based ON ZOND UAV platform from SUKHOI

pic 1 ZOND AWACS

pic 2 S-80

seems you guys are tired of the Russian hardware.

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.