Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,271 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (181) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (987385 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:54pm On May 29, 2017
chkil0:

my exam is in october , still have the time cry

yeah sure...sure...... grin grin grin grin

reminds me of my own experience.........

depicted below grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

now ur surely going to curse me grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:58am On May 30, 2017
Wing Loong Drone

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 30, 2017
Chinese wing loon

3 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 30, 2017
I see a great deal of potential!! I feel like PAF is taking the piss with NAF, We can still back track and go for this, how many years will it take to deliver 2 squadrons of JF-17s because those are NAF official requirements

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 1:04am On May 31, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
I see a great deal of potential!! I feel like PAF is taking the piss with NAF, We can still back track and go for this, how many years will it take to deliver 2 squadrons of JF-17s because those are NAF official requirements
grin evry1 is itching

undecided the J10..so sexy

I do wish the Block 3 comes with 9 hard points tho
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:42am On May 31, 2017
Odunayaw:
grin evry1 is itching

undecided the J10..so sexy

I do wish the Block 3 comes with 9 hard points tho

Yes now!!

I am now an agitator grin let's play politics with them, if the CAS visits china tomorrow, shows huge interest in the J10 and all that photo oops B.S then they will think twice about delaying deliveries.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:19am On May 31, 2017
Check out U100 broomstick lightning 2

Developed in Nigeria to replace the sukhoi, This plane carries a higher payload and can stike targets at a distance.

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:03pm On May 31, 2017
1 - Vulcan RAF cockpit
2 - A-10C cockpit
3 - SR-71 Blackbird cockpit

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 01, 2017
Indonesian AH-64

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
POCKET DESTROYERS OF INDIAN NAVY - Project 25A Class corvettes

large weapon load of sixteen 3M-24 anti-ship missiles (Russian designation: Kh-35 Uran and NATO designation: SS-N-25 Switchblade) in four quadruple KT-184 launchers, which are inclined at an angle of 35 degree from the plane of the vessel's deck. The 3M-24 is also dubbed 'Harpoonski' in some circles as it resembles the US-made Harpoon AShM.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 05, 2017
KOLKATA: Suspended in the air, at the Department of Atomic Energy's Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC) here, this gizmo, resembling a scaled-up thermos, works silently amidst a labyrinth of tubes under the watchful eye of a computer.

Its makers claim it is India's first indigenously-designed advanced cryogenic technology reaching temperatures slightly toasty than the very, very cold world of space.

Technically the cryogenic device is called a dilution refrigerator. It can provide continuous cooling to temperatures as low as 2 miliKelvin (-273.148 degrees Celsius). This is roughly how cold space is. The technology developed at the Helium Technology and Low Temperature Physics lab at VECC dips down to about a relatively warmer 50 miliKelvin.

Dilution refrigerators are essential for applications in quantum computing (cooling computer chips), photonics and spintronics (emerging field of nanoscale electronics), condensed matter and nuclear research -- and much more.

"India is now the world's eighth country to have designed a dilution refrigerator reaching 50 miliKelvin in the laboratory. India procures dilution refrigerators from Germany, the UK and other countries. Under the recent thrust on Make in India we have attempted to do something which has not been tried earlier in the country," VECC scientist Nisith Kr Das told IANS.

While the market price of an imported dilution fridge is around Rs 2.5 crore ($387,000), the production cost for the VECC initiative is around Rs 1.2 crore.

"The cryostat (cold chamber component of the refrigerator) was mounted on a stainless steel-supported structure with air spring and suspended in the air below ground level," he added.

The lab is now exploring the realm of cryogen-free dilution refrigerator which cools down samples to even lower temperatures without the need for liquid helium.

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 10:46am On Jun 05, 2017
Some of Tonbo Imaging Sights
Tonbo Imaging is an Indian Defence StartUp, a New Company

its products r used by SOCOM and other forces worldwide

also DARPA is a major client

couple of weeks ago Tonbo Imaging had won a $25-million border surveillance contract in North Africa and Europe (Macedonia border) to deploy electro-optics surveillance systems.

The contract was won against international competition from listed companies such as FLIR, Thales and other Israeli bidders. The Indian startup will be in charge of manufacturing and deploying night vision, thermal imaging and long range surveillance systems.

last year it had won a $100-million contract with the Peruvian Army to manufacture and export 'night-vision sights' for guns.

funny thing stupid Indian ranking officers came to know about the company when they were impressed by the optical gear of the American forces on exercise with Indian forces , when they inquired about the products, the Americans told them it was from an Indian company.

both the Americans and the Indians were surprised cheesy cheesy cheesy

Americans most probably on Indian military stupidity grin grin grin

and Indians on their own stupidity angry angry angry

aholes angry

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 05, 2017
yesterday Quick Reaction Surface to Air Missile (QR-SAM) was test fired for first time successfully

i wonder about its seeker maybe it uses AESA TRMM (module based) seeker ( pic 4 ), will have to wait for further info

kill zone :3 -30 km in range . 30m-6km in altitude

what is interesting is the radar associated with it (pic 3)

detection range for 1m^2 target is 90km, this is indeed interesting development 0.1m^2 targets at 60Km . good enough to catch a F22 at that range grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 05, 2017
grin

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
today India is going to launch its most powerful space rocket GSLV Mk III-D1

if successful it will also pave the way for Indian manned mission to space . the space crew recovery module has already been flight tested few years back.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jun 05, 2017
New Russian Rifle: ORSIS K-151

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:11pm On Jun 05, 2017
Russian special mission submarine shocked

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 05, 2017
Tigr-M based 122-mm automatic mortar cool

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 12:29pm On Jun 05, 2017
CZ Scorpion in use by Afghan Commandos http://

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:14am On Jun 06, 2017
GSLV-Mk III-D1 space launcher successfully launched grin

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 1:34am On Jun 06, 2017
The Indian Navy's 2nd Scorpene-class submarine embarks on sea trials

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:09am On Jun 06, 2017
In a deal reportedly worth close to $2 billion, India is set to acquire a second AKULA 2 nuclear-powered attack submarine from Russia.

According to Alexei Nikolski, a columnist with the reputed Russian daily Vedomosti, "According to a source in the Russian defence industry, the long discussed lease to transfer a multipurpose Project 971 nuclear submarine to India from the Russian Navy was signed in Goa."

The Indian Navy already operates an AKULA 2 class nuclear submarine, INS Chakra (formerly known as K-152 Nerpa), which was leased from Russia and commissioned on April 4, 2012 after India paid for its completion and sea-trials.

construction is progressing well with India's locally developed and constructed nuclear attack submarine (SSN) speculated to be based on Project 885 Yasen Class nuclear attack submarine, the newest class of submarine to enter Russia's arsenal or French Barracuda class nuclear attack submarine or a combination of the both.

pic INS Chakra (akula 2 SSN)

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 5:13am On Jun 06, 2017
nemesis2u:
In a deal reportedly worth close to $2 billion, India is set to acquire a second AKULA 2 nuclear-powered attack submarine from Russia.

According to Alexei Nikolski, a columnist with the reputed Russian daily Vedomosti, "According to a source in the Russian defence industry, the long discussed lease to transfer a multipurpose Project 971 nuclear submarine to India from the Russian Navy was signed in Goa."

The Indian Navy already operates an AKULA 2 class nuclear submarine, INS Chakra (formerly known as K-152 Nerpa), which was leased from Russia and commissioned on April 4, 2012 after India paid for its completion and sea-trials.

construction is progressing well with India's locally developed and constructed nuclear attack submarine (SSN) speculated to be based on Project 885 Yasen Class nuclear attack submarine, the newest class of submarine to enter Russia's arsenal or French Barracuda class nuclear attack submarine or a combination of the both.

pic INS Chakra (akula 2 SSN)
If Dangote just fit drop 1BN USD as a patriotic Nigerian make we get one of this then it's okay. FG can use her money to build facility for it.

Anyway, I am typing from dream land.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by tdayof(m): 5:15am On Jun 06, 2017
Nemesis2u You said the jammer on the INS in lagos emits around 40000-60,000watts. I feel that should render any ASHM useless then due to such power.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:26am On Jun 06, 2017
tdayof:
Nemesis2u You said the jammer on the INS in lagos emits around 40000-60,000watts. I feel that should render any ASHM useless then due to such power.

not necessarily , no weapon operates at 100 % efficiency at field conditions , plus there is attenuation due to atmospheric condition and sea state conditions etc etc.

to a certain extent its a game of probability , that is why u need to run multiple modes based on live near simultaneous feedback and hold ur nerves wink

in lab condition the power output of the jammer will fry the ashm seeker like a potato chip grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 06, 2017
tdayof:

If Dangote just fit drop 1BN USD as a patriotic Nigerian make we get one of this then it's okay. FG can use her money to build facility for it.

Anyway, I am typing from dream land.

if say Dangote drops 1BN USD for a SSN

then FG will have to cough up anywhere between 4-10 billion dollars ( loose estimate ) to support the SSN

conventional submarines r costly to maintain , but nuclear submarines r very very expensive. u will need extensive nuclear related facilities and trained manpower to handle the submarine nuclear reactor and nuclear fuel generation and processing facilities etc etc. this will up to a huge bill.

i would rather invest that amount in civilian nuclear sector initially and in the future go for ssn etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 06, 2017
Israeli "Stunner" 6th Gen Air to Air Missile shocked

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Souljaboi1: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Do the Chinese operate the C-17 ? The Cargo plane in the background looks like one.

1 Like

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:29am On Jun 06, 2017
Souljaboi1:

Do the Chinese operate the C-17 ? The Cargo plane in the background looks like one.
Certainly not, that should be a Y-20

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 06, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Certainly not, that should be a Y-20

it is based on IL76, nice work i must say
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by bidexiii: 3:52pm On Jun 06, 2017
Montenegro joins NATO as 29th Ally

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2017/06/mil-170605-nato01.htm?_m=3n%2e002a%2e2031%2ewz0ao06u3j%2e1v9y

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.