Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,596 members, 7,812,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc (985679 Views)

President Zuma Had Telephonic Discussions With President Trump / Photos: Heavy U.S Military Equipments Arrives Germany Against Russian. / @elbinawi Tweets On International Qudsday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 3:24am On Aug 03, 2016
I would choose some German or Japan second hand IFV, if the buget is limited.

Japan type-89 IFV

Swiss 35mm gun even second hand not obsolete

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 3:50am On Aug 03, 2016
chinese8107:

looks good
what's the protection level and price?

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 3:54am On Aug 03, 2016
nemesis2u:

angry angry angry angry angry angry

I can't see the pic blocked to Chinese IP
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 3:57am On Aug 03, 2016
Norinco VN2C MRAP APC to replace its WZ551

WEIGHTED only 19 tons, with easy installtion diesel engine. 402 hp ,100 km/h speed ,can drive in water,has a rear ramp door

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 6:08am On Aug 03, 2016
nemesis2u:

BTR-T it is russian , it is a deep upgrade , u have to negotiate with the russians to see if they can do it locally in nigeria.

my personal view only
it is better to buy the latest MANPADS, rather then convert t55units as SPAAG for air defence role , because to make it an effective spaag u will need to integrate good radar, optical systems etc to it, ultimately the cost u will incur in development , testing , tooling etc will not be justified , u will be able to buy a new modern spaag for the same money.

Similar to MANPADS if they are going to operate as part of a layered system.

Systems integration.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:19am On Aug 03, 2016
MikeCZA:
Similar to MANPADS if they are going to operate as part of a layered system.

Systems integration.

ur correct grin grin

actually my reply did not consider operating under a integrated air defence system (IADS) , my suggestion was just a standalone alternative to a standalone spaag.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 6:29am On Aug 03, 2016
chinese8107:

I can't see the pic blocked to Chinese IP

hehehehe..........
communist party of china dont like cartoons grin grin grin grin

consider this replacement for the blocked picture

[img]http://cdn.meme.am/instances/37371154.jpg[/img]
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:01am On Aug 03, 2016
chinese8107:
I would choose some German or Japan second hand IFV, if the buget is limited.

Japan type-89 IFV

Swiss 35mm gun even second hand not obsolete

Japanese dont export offensive weapons, as a chinese u should know that grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 03, 2016

The Arjun MBT Mark 2
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 7:28am On Aug 03, 2016
nemesis2u:

Japanese dont export offensive weapons, as a chinese u should know that grin

That was the past.

recently they have changed the weapon export policy that allow to export.
off course they don't export to China Russia Korea

the first ever Japanese weapon export exibition to be hold in 2017

pic 1 Japan type 90 MBT

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:36am On Aug 03, 2016
chinese8107:

That was the past.

recently they have changed the weapon export policy that allow to export.
off course they don't export to China Russia Korea

the first ever Japanese weapon export exibition to be hold in 2017

lol Mea culpa

i forgot about it , thanks for the correction grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 03, 2016
kestrel APC tata/drdo

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 7:57am On Aug 03, 2016
armata family

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 8:31am On Aug 03, 2016
nemesis2u:
kestrel APC tata/drdo

Are those javelin or Israel ATGM on the top?
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 8:43am On Aug 03, 2016
chinese8107:

Are those javelin or Israel ATGM on the top?

javelin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 8:59am On Aug 03, 2016
Japan type-13 105mm tank destoryer

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2016
nemesis2u:
kestrel APC tata/drdo
Terrible IFV
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 1:23pm On Aug 03, 2016
German Rheinmetall 130mm tank cannon probably the best tank cannon on earth

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 3:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
NORINCO ST1 105mm tank destoryer

can fire NATO 105mm projectile or Cannon launched ATGM max firing range 5000m

dealing with T72 no problem or serves as a fire support vehicle

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 4:13pm On Aug 03, 2016
Y-9 or IL76 (C-130 equivalent)

air droped ZBD03 airborne IFV of rapid respond force

ZBD03 armed with 30mm gun,7.62mm gun,HJ73D ATGM

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 03, 2016
Henry240:

Terrible IFV

guess so grin grin

did some digging

protection :

The monocoque of the Kestrel comprises of a welded armour steel hull with applique and inner composite spall liner and depending on the configuration, it can withstand threat levels ranging from Stanag I to Stanag IV.

Stanag I dictates that the vehicle should be able to withstand hand grenades, unexploded artillery fragmenting submunitions, and other small anti personnel explosive devices detonated under the vehicle, while Stanag IV states, among other parameters, that the vehicle should be able to withstand a blast of a 10 kg mine under either each tyre or under the vehicle.

Interestingly, the protection modules of the Kestrel can be replaced in the field, increasing or decreasing protection levels as per the mission requirements. The belly has a blast guard that can provide up to Stanag III level protection.

The seats are attached to the roof for improved blast protection. The fuel tank is mounted outside of the vehicle to improve its survivability.

Seats for the troops are equipped with an energy attenuating mechanism that shields them from the effect of blasts. The seats actually move and absorb the impact of the initial blast as well as the secondary slam down of the vehicle, reducing the severity of injuries to the spine and brain.

engineers have tried to ensure signature management by managing and limiting the engine and vehicle sound, heat and thermal footprint, EMI/ EMC. To reduce the thermal footprint, the exhaust gases are passed through water to ensure they are cool when released in the atmosphere.

mobility :

The Kestrel has four-wheel steering on the front two axles and a relatively short turning radius of 19 metres. The double wish bone type independent Hydro Pneumatic suspension, which provides excellent all terrain mobility and a fairly comfortable ride.

All the eight tyres have run flat capability with central inflation (CTIS) as standard.

The amphibious propulsion employs rear mounted twin waterjets that do not require any preparation before entering water. Only the Anti-Surge Vane is raised to ensure water flows over the roof. The Kestrel can achieve 100kmph on land and 10kmph in water.

With all-terrain ability and a powerful engine, the Kestrel can cross a trench of up to 2 metres width and vertical obstacles as high as 0.7 metres.

It also has an on-board winch to enhance off-road ability. In combat mode, the driver shuts his hatch and utilises multiple cameras with day and night vision to steer the Kestrel. When in water, he also has three periscopes to aid him.

modular :

The architecture of the Kestrel is modular with interchangeable snap-in modules.

This means it’s easy to customize and can be configured to play the role of a CBRN, reconnaissance (recce) vehicle. It can also be configured to be an APC, ambulance, missile carrier, or a command post, a field headquarters used by the commander of a military unit. The Kestrel can be a support vehicle for engineers working in the field.

fire power :

As its modular, the Kestrel can accommodate different variety of weapon stations and a one man or two man turret (for all calibres) depending on its application requirements.

Kestrel is a platform and on this platform there will be integration of various mission kits — somebody will put a turret; somebody will put a missile launcher etc depending on requirements. grin

Another thing is that this system has been offered with firing ports, typically these vehicles will not have the firing port according to international specifications but Indian Army wanted this vehicle with firing ports . grin

till now 2 weapon stations have been installed and many other foreign weapon stations can be installed

1.The standard turret installation can accommodate a roof mounted remote controlled Kongsberg Protector MCT-30R(RWS). Usually the vehicle is fitted with a 30mm autocannon, can include 40mm.

This cannon could fire Armor-Piercing Incendiary (API), High-Explosive Incendiary (HEI) and Armor-Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Tracer (APFSDS-T) rounds. It has an effective range of 3,000 m. It is also fitted with 7.62mm coaxial machine gun. The RCWS adds a heavy 12.7mm machine gun or a 40mm automatic grenade launcher. It also has option for adding up to 2 anti tank guided missile launcher in quick fire mode.

2.BMP-2 turret - the upgraded version already in use with Indian army BMP-2.

general data
weighs 22.5 to 26 tonnes depending on the configuration
diesel engine that makes 600bhp
speed 100kmph on land and 10kmph in water
carriage 2 + 9

this platform is designed to have 16 variants grin

army looking to buy around 1000+ when it gets mature, tata looking to export it , 2 countries express interest .

it is still in developmental stage and undergoing testing and also is the first APC to be developed inhouse, so got to wait grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjqUWQ3n5_s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0acDd5zwcM
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 4:45pm On Aug 03, 2016
chinese8107:
NORINCO ST1 105mm tank destoryer

can fire NATO 105mm projectile or Cannon launched ATGM max firing range 5000m

dealing with T72 no problem or serves as a fire support vehicle
x
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 4:53pm On Aug 03, 2016
Henry240:

Terrible IFV
Indeed.

If designs were still sketched on paper. The designer should have thrown the design into the trash can. grin grin grin

Five people will sign up to nairaland to tell me "foreign testers" call it the "Lamborghini of the Himalayas mountains".
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 5:11pm On Aug 03, 2016
Odunayaw:
what!!norinco has dz and NA is still chilling with their sagaies?!!...sumtyms I ask myself those rednecks don't browse cry

maybe the sagaies is cheaper or second hand they think it's enough,no more over-killing fire power

sagaie has 90 mm gun,good for a scout or Recon vehircle but aviod T72,when T72 spotted they could use other weapon to nutralize

in fact even WMA301 in enough for many coutries like chad ,cameroun,senagal,djibuti.ect
It's just smaller in size

pic 1 wma301 tank destroyer
pic 2 command and support vehicle based on VN1 the same plantform of ST1

Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 5:42pm On Aug 03, 2016
chinese8107:

maybe the sagaies is cheaper or second hand they think it's enough,no more over-killing fire power

in fact even WMA301 in enough for many coutries like chad ,cameroun,senagal,djibuti.ect
just smaller in size

pic 1 wma301 tank destroyer
pic 2 command and support vehicle based on VN1 the same plantform of ST1
to me...I think the NA should standardize on one of these platforms and get various configurations of it e.gIFV,command,missile,tank destroyer etc

What do u think of the JH-7 fighter-bomber
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 03, 2016
MikeCZA:
Indeed.

Five people will sign up to nairaland to tell me "foreign testers" call it the "Lamborghini of the Himalayas mountains".

i guess u meant me and u r correct
thank u
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by MikeCZA: 5:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
nemesis2u:

i guess u meant me and u r correct
thank u
Not necessarily.

You have been here for a while.

However everytime weapon systems from certain countries are discussed. Threads experience surge in number of people joining up. Saying the same thing. grin grin grin
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2016
Odunayaw:
to me...I think the NA should standardize on one of these platforms and get various configurations of it e.gIFV,command,missile,tank destroyer etc

What do u think of the JH-7 fighter-bomber

JH-7 mainly serve in navy or army as fighter-bomber for it's heavy payload near 10 tons,a little bit over-killing. NAF is thinking of multi-fighter, other works left to drone.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 6:40pm On Aug 03, 2016
chinese8107:

JH-7 mainly serve in navy or army as fighter-bomber for it's heavy payload near 10 tons,a little bit over-killing. NAF is thinking of multi-fighter, other works left to drone.
man...I asked that not because of NAF yo
I had a talk with a paki once abt d JH-7 and I wanted to get a Chinese POV
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 6:57pm On Aug 03, 2016
Odunayaw:
man...I asked that not because of NAF yo
I had a talk with a paki once abt d JH-7 and I wanted to get a Chinese POV

it just has a heavy payload,the flight dynamics permormance is not as good as J-10 or Su-27.It's a inferior clone of tornado.the engine and rader is not as good as tornado.the advantage is the cheaper price.
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by Odunayaw(m): 7:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
chinese8107:

it just has a heavy payload,the flight dynamics permormance is not as good as J-10 or Su-27.It's a inferior clone of German tornado.the engine and rader is not as good as tornado.the advantage is the cheaper price
ok thanks
Re: Technical Discussions On International Military Equipments Doctrines Tactics Etc by chinese8107: 7:22pm On Aug 03, 2016
Odunayaw:
ok thanks
However it upgrades little by little,competitive against tornado.recent upgrades almost catch up as claimed by Chinese airforce. as more composite material and new rader added but I doubt the engine and low speed maneuverablity.This airplane if you only want to drop bombs or cruise missles and set back is ok, avoid dogfight.The payload is 2 times SEPECAT Jaguar is another advantage.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (667) (Reply)

American Politics Thread - 2024 Elections — Biden’s Presidency! / Battle Field Discussion (picture/video) Of African Military . / Who Has The Strongest Military In Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.