Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,427 members, 7,819,554 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! (3894 Views)

"My Wife Sleeps With Her Pastor" - Leonard Dilkon , Ex Reps Member / My Wife Used New Car To Sow Seed To Her Pastor – Husband / Whatsapp Exposes Zimbabwean Man's Affair With Wife’s Much Younger Sister (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by DjAndroid: 11:43am On Jul 12, 2016
uwagimboo:

Some pastors re just too canal.
Remember one trying to stop my brothers wife then, the underlying issue then was that he wanted someone else for the gal being that she is also an assistant pastor.

There re pastors and there are Pastor, we should be conscious of which we hang on to..

Yes! Truth!

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by DjAndroid: 11:56am On Jul 12, 2016
yvelchstores:
most ppl will not like my comment at all, but then, I don't say wat ppl want to hear. ur sister isn't just a member or leader, she is a Pastor. at this juncture, her choices must succumb to what the spirit of God wants her to do.you must understand she is an ordained pastor,she is on a journey. imagine God allowing moses to be in d wilderness for 40 yrs training him for how he will lead d Israelites without him knowing. ppl wld HV said today, my friend u no go marry,dey der dey do .... my point, UR SISTErs ministry as a, pastor shldnt be taken lightly.pls don't interfere as this is a sacred matter. in my opinion, as a Pastor, she shld marry from d ministry she is in, to avoid her abandoning Gods call upon her life, by d time

d guy starts saying stop this stop that. at d end, ur sister will not be fulfilled. I think I knw d church ur sister is in. before her pastor says such, he doesn't need to see d man first, d holy Ghost knows all things. she is 24_ there is nothing wrong if she waits a bit longer to find d man God finds suitable for her. any one who quotes me is on his/her own. i don't care.

Salient points on this issue

1. The church is full of almost students. Student pastor things including the senior pastor(very young pastors) (though they are both graduates )

2. She met the suitor in a ministers' conference. The suitor is a roving evangelist.( in my opinion, I don't think he can stop her from her from being a pastor)

Questions:
1. What if after waiting from now till God-knows-when, and a suitor doesn't come from the church?

2. After the two-year wait, will the pastor provide an automatic husband for her?
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by yvelchstores(f): 1:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
DjAndroid:

Salient points on this issue

1. The church is full of almost students. Student pastor things including the senior pastor(very young pastors) (though they are both graduates )

2. She met the suitor in a ministers' conference. The suitor is a roving evangelist.( in my opinion, I don't think he can stop her from her from being a pastor)

Questions:
1. What if after waiting from now till God-knows-when, and a suitor doesn't come from the church?

2. After the two-year wait, will the pastor provide an automatic husband for her?
reasoning out spiritual things with your senses might cause a strain. in my opinion, since it is this way, maybe to give her closure, she can talk to someone who is like a leader to her to help her pray on the matter, not to confirm or contradict her pastor but just to knw if d gentle man is suitable for her and her call. 24 is certainly not an age to rush into anytin yet...it can linger till a year so she is sure of what she is doing.in the main time, I will suggest she keeps an open mind.
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by Sehindemi(f): 3:07pm On Jul 12, 2016
DjAndroid:
My younger sister who is 24, is a junior pastor in her church in Ikeja and has a suitor whom she loves and wants to get married to.

My family accepted the man but when my sister told her senior pastor, he said no outrightly without even seeing the guy. His reason was that the guy is not a member of their church. In fact he told my sister to forget about marriage now, that she will start thinking of marriage after two years from now.

The senior pastor is about 33 or 34 years old and not married yet. But about to get married soon. My sister said she is afraid that if she marries the man, she might be suspended as a pastor in the church.

I don't wanT to take sides, please advice
I 've read the previous comments here and sincerely I need to ask OP these questions;

How many years has she (Your Sis) spent in that Church?

Has the spirit of God not been flowing there? (And ofcuzz she would know if she's not deceiving herself)

Isn't she a pastor, why has God not spoken to her?

If you think God has spoken to her, where then is the confusion & delay coming from?

An adage says ' What elders see when they're seated, trust me a child can't even see the tip if he/she climbs a tree'..
Invariably, Pastors in which holy spirit dwells do have a say on marital issues.
Oh yes! She can heed to the Pastor's instruction depending on his spiritual life..

But note: There's no intermediary between Man & GOD!
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by DjAndroid: 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2016
Sehindemi:

I 've read the previous comments here and sincerely I need to ask OP these questions;

How many years has she (Your Sis) spent in that Church?

Has the spirit of God not been flowing there? (And ofcuzz she would know if she's not deceiving herself)

Isn't she a pastor, why has God not spoken to her?

If you think God has spoken to her, where then is the confusion & delay coming from?

An adage says ' What elders see when they're seated, trust me a child can't even see the tip if he/she climbs a tree'..
Invariably, Pastors in which holy spirit dwells do have a say on marital issues.
Oh yes! She can heed to the Pastor's instruction depending on his spiritual life..

But note: There's no intermediary between Man & GOD!

FROM WHAT MY SISTER TOLD ME, THE PASTOR DOES NOT WANT HER SERVICES IN THE CHURCH COMPROMISED. HE FEELS SHE WILL NOT BE ALWAYS AVAILABLE IF SHE GETS MARRIED NOW
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by Nyceguy92: 3:36pm On Jul 12, 2016
janvier27:

You said it all. They overstep because people allow them. No doubt there are good pastors anyway. If this pastor had no reason except for the fact that the suitor is not their church member, then this sister should be wise enough to dump him quickly.

I totally agree with you..
She should kick the man out like hell.
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by yetseyi(f): 3:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
yvelchstores:
reasoning out spiritual things with your senses might cause a strain. in my opinion, since it is this way, maybe to give her closure, she can talk to someone who is like a leader to her to help her pray on the matter, not to confirm or contradict her pastor but just to knw if d gentle man is suitable for her and her call. 24 is certainly not an age to rush into anytin yet...it can linger till a year so she is sure of what she is doing.in the main time, I will suggest she keeps an open mind.

Yvelchstores, Its a spiritual matter I perfectly agree ,The pastor is not even talking about praying with her about the brother or asking her to pray more about the issue or even asking if she has confirmed that the guy is what God wants for her, that's what pastors do.

You do not tell someone that you can't marry a brother because he is not our church member. Even pastors that have seen that the brother is not Gods will would only advice and counsel or possibly warn you about marrying the brother.

Pastor did not ask if God has spoken to her concerning the bro.
Pastor did not say let me also join you in praying
Pastor now said you can't marry this brother because he is not a church member. That statement "because he is not our member" is what I find disturbing. From that statement one can think he is a bit biased.

Does it mean God can't lead her to marry someone outside her church.

DJandroid the ultimate is for her to hear from God and be sure its God that is speaking and also confirm from two witnesses which I don't think should include this particular pastor because that statement "not from our church" seems like he is biased.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by yetseyi(f): 3:49pm On Jul 12, 2016
DjAndroid:

FROM WHAT MY SISTER TOLD ME, THE PASTOR DOES WANT HER SERVICES IN THE CHURCH COMPROMISEDA. HE FEELS SHE WILL NOT BE ALWAYS AVAILABLE IF SHE GETS MARRIED NOW

I had not seen the above when I posted this.

yetseyi:

If you are a young lady active in church working for God, some will want to retain you in church and the easiest way is to marry you off to a member.
One has to be able to hear from God herself else some of these church people will just lead one to the wrong path for selfish reasons.
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by Artistree: 5:03pm On Jul 12, 2016
yvelchstores:
most ppl will not like my comment at all, but then, I don't say wat ppl want to hear. ur sister isn't just a member or leader, she is a Pastor. at this juncture, her choices must succumb to what the spirit of God wants her to do.you must understand she is an ordained pastor,she is on a journey. imagine God allowing moses to be in d wilderness for 40 yrs training him for how he will lead d Israelites without him knowing. ppl wld HV said today, my friend u no go marry,dey der dey do .... my point, UR SISTErs ministry as a, pastor shldnt be taken lightly.pls don't interfere as this is a sacred matter. in my opinion, as a Pastor, she shld marry from d ministry she is in, to avoid her abandoning Gods call upon her life, by d time

d guy starts saying stop this stop that. at d end, ur sister will not be fulfilled. I think I knw d church ur sister is in. before her pastor says such, he doesn't need to see d man first, d holy Ghost knows all things. she is 24_ there is nothing wrong if she waits a bit longer to find d man God finds suitable for her. any one who quotes me is on his/her own. i don't care.
My friend look bush eee! Record what you typed here and listen carefully to it, come back and tell us how you felt hearing it.
This is what happens when people worship their fellow human beings. What right does the money-seeking, power-drunk pastor have to tell her who and when to marry? Where did he read it in the bible to lord it over his subjects? Adviser Nowamagbe...

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by diva90: 7:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
Fake pastors destroying future unions since 1900. A pastor is not God! He should not dictate to anyone who to marry or who not to marry. Your sister should not give up her marital plans for anyone's cheap manipulations
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2016
DjAndroid:

In fact I'm tired about my sister sef. She is very willing to marry the guy but puts her pastor's will first instead of the will of God.
Hmmmm my dear she should think twice, cos God forbid ooo if she misses her God ordained husband cos of her pastor....by the time she'll be fasting for another serious guy to come her way, the pastor might be very busying raising maybe 3-4 of his kids
She should be decisive about what she desires

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by nnamdibig(m): 8:46pm On Jul 12, 2016
what are you guys saying sef? She is 24 and single, the pastor is 33-34 and single. Can't you guys see clearly that the pastor wants to marry her?
The pastor is interested, that's why he refused outrightly there is nothing spiritual about about it.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by zimunachimdi: 9:17pm On Jul 12, 2016
DjAndroid:

FROM WHAT MY SISTER TOLD ME, THE PASTOR DOES NOT WANT HER SERVICES IN THE CHURCH COMPROMISED. HE FEELS SHE WILL NOT BE ALWAYS AVAILABLE IF SHE GETS MARRIED NOW

This is his only INTEREST. Your sister should be wise and know what she wants ooo.
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by bukatyne(f): 10:27pm On Jul 12, 2016
yetseyi:

1000likes
Of all the things to be bothered about its suspension.

Back to topic:
This matter is a trend that I feel its dangerous that's going on in churches.

Some are bothered about the number of weddings that hold in their church so they subtly encourage female members to marry church member maybe its to increase the count of weddings held in that branch

If you are a young lady active in church working for God, some will want to retain you in church and the easiest way is to marry you off to a member.

One has to be able to hear from God herself else some of these church people will just lead one to the wrong path for selfish reasons.

If finally one can cross the hurdles then the wedding day another matter.

God will help us.

God will deliver His people from Pastor Worship.
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by SURElee(f): 11:31pm On Jul 12, 2016
The bible says do not be unequally yoked with an unbeliever not that you shouldn't marry somebody from another church.
Daily we see and hear how doctrines put in place by churches are man made and for their own selfish purposes.
Clearly this pastor is scared of losing her to her husband's church.
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by TV01(m): 11:45pm On Jul 12, 2016
DjAndroid:
My younger sister who is 24, is a junior pastor in her church in Ikeja and has a suitor whom she loves and wants to get married to.

My family accepted the man but when my sister told her senior pastor, he said no outrightly without even seeing the guy. His reason was that the guy is not a member of their church. In fact he told my sister to forget about marriage now, that she will start thinking of marriage after two years from now.

The senior pastor is about 33 or 34 years old and not married yet. But about to get married soon. My sister said she is afraid that if she marries the man, she might be suspended as a pastor in the church.

I don't wanT to take sides, please advice

First, understand this; you and your family are potentially failing your sister.
Then read this - https://www.nairaland.com/25562/pastor-parents-whose-decision-final#652377

All the best. Let me know if you have any further questions'

TV
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by DjAndroid: 7:34am On Jul 13, 2016
TV01:

First, understand this; you and your family are potentially failing your sister.
Then read this - https://www.nairaland.com/25562/pastor-parents-whose-decision-final#652377

All the best. Let me know if you have any further questions'

TV

HONESTLY I SEARCHED NAIRALAND FOR THIS ISSUE AND IN THE PROCESS I SAW YOUR COMMENT AND EVEN SHOWED MY SISTER TO READ BEFORE I OPENED THIS THREAD. THANKS FOR THE ELABORATE EXPLANATION.
Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by ADUNOKIKI(f): 11:58am On Jul 13, 2016
OP,
What if the man she see in two years time is not the best?

If she is suspended from the church, will it mean she is suspended from heaven?

If the man is okay for her, let her tell the pastor she want to go ahead with the marriage.
Let her pray, hear from God, and tell the pastor that God has given her a go ahead.
Mind you he is a pastor not God...
Also, if he still insist, tell your sister to ask him to show her in the Bible where it states she should wait for two years more.

You never can tell, he may have someone that he wants her to marry. She shouldn't dance to him

"If men were God........"

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by TV01(m): 7:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
DjAndroid:
HONESTLY I SEARCHED NAIRALAND FOR THIS ISSUE AND IN THE PROCESS I SAW YOUR COMMENT AND EVEN SHOWED MY SISTER TO READ BEFORE I OPENED THIS THREAD. THANKS FOR THE ELABORATE EXPLANATION.
You re welcome. Hope your sister charts the best course for her - with her family' love and support.

Best
TV

1 Like

Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by cococandy(f): 8:06pm On Jul 13, 2016
I don't blame the pastors. I blame those who give them the chance to interfere in their personal matters.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Younger Sister About To Get Married, Her Pastor Says No! by Sehindemi(f): 8:52am On Jul 15, 2016
DjAndroid:

Comm'on Bro!
That isn't a genuine excuse..

When has being married starts to be an obstruction to God's work kwa?
#Bible says and I quote "Marriage is honorable in all"...

But she shouldn't forget to seek the face of the Lord! chikena!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

thank you all / What's Your Opinion About This? / Do You Know Some Men Are The Wife In Many Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.