Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,172 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (69929 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 3:19pm On Jul 12, 2016
Weah96:

I think you heard me loud and clear.

The creator of galaxies spoke to Jews and gave them instructions on how to live life. Abi?

What did the bible people tell you which made you realize that the creator of all galaxies really spoke to them?
Was it the invisibility factor, you became intimidated when they said that the thing was invisible?

Good, actually better. So you know how to express yourself more plainly?
The Creator of the whole world speaks to whoever He chooses, do you have a problem with that? As regards the Bible, the Jews listened and obeyed as evidently shown from their Abrahamic covenant and lineage. No biggie there, we do it all the time. 11 boys can lose a football match, and we hear that Nigeria lost 3-0, just because some 11boys didn't play well. Those 11boys represented the whole country as it were. God spoke severally to men, and as we see in the Bible, several non-Jews like Job, Isaac, Abraham, Noah, Enoch, Melchisedec and Adam heard Him. Good thing that a Jew, Moses penned the events in writing. Do you have a problem with that? You want to write yours?
i believed the Bible because i found it to be reliable, i found it to be inspired, i found it to be superior over other books, i wondered at its unity and coherence, i was amazed at its influence over the world, i was awed by its non-improvement and preservation despite all odds, because of its fulfilled prophecies, and finally because of the response of the souls of men to it for generations and world without end.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2016
BlackIsLife:

I'm sorry for what i said earlier, can we now move on please!

Good boy. You apologised even though i am yet to show you. Exercise patience, you will be shown before the day runs out. wink wink wink

3 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 3:26pm On Jul 12, 2016
seafarers:

free will - the power of making free choices unconstrained by external agencies.

This is right, and it separates us from the sun or the moon, or the next goat or dog.

determination of one's own fate or course of action without compulsion.
That's the definition to me.
To my own understanding, so far the free will is there, God doesn't have to blame anyone for the choice he chose. If I decide to kill myself today isn't my choice, and you will say am going to hell.. .that means God himself didn't play to his own game when he gave us the free will.
Had it been there is nothing like free will.. .all these rules and regulations had to act in use,we would have know that we can't do anything outside what we have been configure to do..
I don't think you know the meaning of free will bro.
The definition involves responsibility. You are free to choose whether to steal public funds or serve patriotically. However, the consequences of stealing public funds are not determined by you. You may go to prison, or go on to be celebrated. That is pretty much how free will is. You may decide to cheat in the exams or do things the right way. You make that decision, nobody forces you to. However, the consequences of cheating are not determined by you. You may decide to sleep on the expressway, you put yourself there by choice. Nobody drags you there. Nonetheless, the consequences of that choice can be catastrophic. If you still do not get it, you simply do not get it.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 3:30pm On Jul 12, 2016
BlackIsLife:

How do you come up with the fact that 'people are in hell, but the hell is not hell fire?' what is hell? & where are the righteous are presently?

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Hell is cast into the lake of fire(hell fire). That is the eternal abode of satan and his cohorts.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

i will answer the rest later, my battery is out and i have a meeting BTW.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by BlackIsLife: 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2016
Image123:

Rev 20:14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

Hell is cast into the lake of fire(hell fire). That is the eternal abode of satan and his cohorts.
Mat 25:41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

i will answer the rest later, my battery is out and i have a meeting BTW.

You yet to answer the question i asked, in fact you have succeeded in evading 98% of the questions i asked you - how does these passages you come up with justify the assertion you made that people are burning in hell right now? - this passages is in no way related to the question.

Do you really think you deserved my apology?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2016
Why would a loving and all-knowing God allow his own creation to be tortured for all of eternity for the few wrongs(like disbelieve) that they did in their little years on earth?

Take mark zukerberg as an example, he gives out to charity(& probably does some other good stuff), but will get thrown to eternal torture for the rest of his life because of his disbelieve.

@KingEbukaNaija
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by mcemmy0z: 8:52pm On Jul 12, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
Are there questions about God , the bible or Christianity that have been bothering you for a while now . Please post them so they can be addressed by knowledgeable Christians on this forum .
Man of god. I have a lot of questions. And I wish you answer them. I will post some and later I will bring the rest. But for now these are what I can think of.
1. God said he's jealous, if am jealous of my neighbor is it a sin.
2. God said we should not worship any other gods except him. Why is he afraid of that, is he afraid of been left alone.
3. Where did all these other gods came from. Who created them. You know if they are not compatible with God he won't be jealous.
4. Why did god chose Israelite. Why not the Ghanaian.
5. What kept Jesus still. Since 2000 years ago, why is he not yet back.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Phi001(m): 9:00pm On Jul 12, 2016
I have just one thing to contribute to this thread. To the atheists, God is viewed as homicidal, and a bunch if other things that I can't remember. However, the forget that they are defining God's character from a human perspective. I imagine that I won't be viewed as a murderer if I destroy my inventions either because I'm angry or because they're defective.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 1:05pm On Jul 13, 2016
BlackIsLife:

You yet to answer the question i asked, in fact you have succeeded in evading 98% of the questions i asked you - how does these passages you come up with justify the assertion you made that people are burning in hell right now? - this passages is in no way related to the question.

Do you really think you deserved my apology?

You see one of the reasons why i had to ask if you are a christian? If you were, that verse i quoted alone could have been enough in helping you with your questions, because it is a major clue. But what do we have here, someone who knows nothing, hopefully you are willing to know something.

You asked, "How do you come up with the fact that 'people are in hell, but the hell is not hell fire?' what is hell? & where are the righteous are presently?"

1. How do you come up with the fact that the hell is not hell fire?
i have helped you with the question about hell been different from hell fire. Here it is again.

Hell is cast into the lake of fire, this evidently shows that Hell is different from the lake of fire. Any reader of the Bible knows that the sinners are also cast into that lake of fire, including the devil etc. This is during the period known worldwide as the Great White Throne Judgement.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (PEOPLE ARE CAST THERE)

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever
(DEVIL AND COHORTS ARE CAST THERE).

2. How do you come up with the fact that 'people are in hell?

The above should normally answer this, but like i said, you are not a christian so things are very hard for you. Lemme explain.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Hell delivered up the dead which was in it. People go to hell, and like the rich man i first quoted, he was in hell.
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Jesus Himself said that people are in hell, the rich man was there and asking Abraham to send Lazarus to his relatives on earth. Also, the Bible is very clear on the destination of the unrighteous when they die.
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Pro 9:18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.

3. what is hell?
Hell is the destination of the unrighteous. It is somewhere beneath us, so it is not uncommon for people to refer to the grave as hell.
Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
Pro 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

It is a place of torment too as described by Jesus who knows.

4. where are the righteous are presently?

i believe you refer to the "dead" righteous. They are in Heaven in a place called paradise or Abraham's bosom.
Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by BlackIsLife: 1:36pm On Jul 13, 2016
@ Image123 - It is obvious you don't have the answer to my questions or maybe you don't even understand it all all

I asked "how do you come up with the fact that sinners are burning in hell now before the judgement day?" is it that they have been judge?, where are the righteous at now, in heaven or in the grave? - the passages you tender didnt support your assertions

If sinners are in hell right now how will you explain this passage: Dan12:2: "And many of them that SLEEP in the dust of the earth shall AWAKE, some to EVERLASTING LIFE, and some to shame and EVERLASTING CONTEMPT. - What are they waking up from since from your assertions sinners are in hell already

2 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 2:26pm On Jul 13, 2016
BlackIsLife:
@ Image123 - It is obvious you don't have the answer to my questions or maybe you don't even understand it all all

I asked "how do you come up with the fact that sinners are burning in hell now before the judgement day?" is it that they have been judge?, where are the righteous at now, in heaven or in the grave? - the passages you tender didnt support your assertions

If sinners are in hell right now how will you explain this passage: Dan12:2: "And many of them that SLEEP in the dust of the earth shall AWAKE, some to EVERLASTING LIFE, and some to shame and EVERLASTING CONTEMPT. - What are they waking up from since from your assertions sinners are in hell already

The below quote was your questions. You're a very confused fellow, you do need the Lord. What were my assertions? i get a laugh seeing dodgers.
BlackIsLife:

How do you come up with the fact that 'people are in hell, but the hell is not hell fire?' what is hell? & where are the righteous are presently?

3 Likes

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by BlackIsLife: 2:40pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

The below quote was your questions. You're a very confused fellow, you do need the Lord. What were my assertions? i get a laugh seeing dodgers.

Talking with you is like talking with a kid - the fact remains though, you've no answers.

1 Like

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 4:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
BlackIsLife:

Talking with you is like talking with a kid - the fact remains though, you've no answers.

What were my assertions? i knew you will dodge.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by MizJanet(f): 6:14pm On Jul 13, 2016
BlackIsLife:

But Ebuka' said its lives on - ain't you guys contradicting each other on the same thread?

Lols grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by MizJanet(f): 6:20pm On Jul 13, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

There is no hell in existence now . The Hell I mean is the one that would burn eternally
Matthew 25:41
"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

And Judgement has not taken place . All dead are in sheol -realm of the dead - awaiting judgement

If there is no hell in existence right now, does that mean the richman and Lazarus story is NOT REAL ?

Heaven is here on earth . There are two types of Heavens . God's abode and here on earth where Christ will reign eternally . The new earth is the “heaven” on which we will spend eternity. It is the new earth where the New Jerusalem, the heavenly city, will be located. It is on the new earth that the pearly gates and streets of gold will be.

Revelation chapters 21-22 gives us a detailed picture of the new heavens and the new earth .Heaven—the new earth—is a physical place where we will dwell with glorified physical bodies (1 Corinthians 15:35-58). The concept that heaven is “in the clouds” is unbiblical. The concept that we will be “spirits floating around in heaven” is also unbiblical. The heaven that believers will experience will be a new and perfect planet on which we will dwell. The new earth will be free from sin, evil, sickness, suffering, and death. It will likely be similar to our current earth, or perhaps even a re-creation of our current earth, but without the curse of sin.

Read more here : https://www.nairaland.com/2931676/dealing-misconceptions-receive-mansions-heaven

Heaven = new earth? Haha haha u are contradicting yourself . then what is New heaven then ? Heaven too ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by BlackIsLife: 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2016
MizJanet:

If there is no hell in existence right now, does that mean the richman and Lazarus story is NOT REAL ?

Heaven = new earth? Haha haha u are contradicting yourself . then what is New heaven then ? Heaven too ?

Would you believe that image123 said hell is already in existence? while Ebuka thinks otherwise - one said the soul lives on after death another said it dies.

It is impossible to explain the bible without contradicting oneself, logic & reason - bible intepretation is only base on blind faith

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by MizJanet(f): 6:39pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

From the Bible, where else? The spirits of the righteous are with God, i thought i said that earlier. i said spirits go to be with God and to hell.

Churchman, the strike through is a made up assumption by you, the part u quote said spirit return to God . it doesn't distinguish righteous from unrighteous. Simply said spirit return to God . thus , the right conclusion is all spirit return to God in heaven . bobo , u just prove everybody will go to Heaven. grin

No bible verse say spirit go to hell. Liar!
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by MizJanet(f): 7:07pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

1. How do you come up with the fact that the hell is not hell fire?
i have helped you with the question about hell been different from hell fire. Here it is again.

Hell is cast into the lake of fire, this evidently shows that Hell is different from the lake of fire. Any reader of the Bible knows that the sinners are also cast into that lake of fire, including the devil etc. This is during the period known worldwide as the Great White Throne Judgement.

Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire. (PEOPLE ARE CAST THERE)

Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night forever and ever
(DEVIL AND COHORTS ARE CAST THERE).

The portion u quote above Rev 20:14 didn't say hell is not hellfire, unless u are redefining hellfire to mean Lake of fire , if so kindly tell me WHAT IS HELL itself ?

2. How do you come up with the fact that 'people are in hell?

The above should normally answer this, but like i said, you are not a christian so things are very hard for you. Lemme explain.
Rev 20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Haha haha hahaha failure , he asked how did you come up with the fact that people are in hell presently , but u are quoting a verse many of u guys claim is not yet fulfilled presently . okay , has the sea delivered the dead in it ? blackislife can u imagine !

2. Hell delivered the dead in it , and the sea does too ... DOES this mean those in the sea are not in hell ? Answer!!!!

Hell delivered up the dead which was in it. People go to hell, and like the rich man i first quoted, he was in hell.
Luk 16:23 And in hell he lifted up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.

Jesus Himself said that people are in hell, the rich man was there and asking Abraham to send Lazarus to his relatives on earth. Also, the Bible is very clear on the destination of the unrighteous when they die.
Psa 9:17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
Psa 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
Pro 9:18 But he knoweth not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.

Psalm 16:10 u quote , hahahaha pls what exactly is this hell you are talking about cos according to your bible JESUS was there , is he unrighteous ? According to image123, hell is for the unrighteous! Is Jesus unrighteous ?

3. what is hell?
Hell is the destination of the unrighteous. It is somewhere beneath us, so it is not uncommon for people to refer to the grave as hell.
Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
Pro 15:24 The way of life is above to the wise, that he may depart from hell beneath.

It is a place of torment too as described by Jesus who knows.

U mean Jesus is an unrighteous man, u know according to the bible he was in hell ? cheesy

4. where are the righteous are presently?

i believe you refer to the "dead" righteous. They are in Heaven in a place called paradise or Abraham's bosom.
Ecc 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

U made this up. The portion u quote said spirit return to God. Simple all spirit , it doesn't differentiate . wise up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 7:21pm On Jul 13, 2016
a JW sympathizer? Oh Lord, what are my sins?lol
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by CoolUsername: 7:41pm On Jul 13, 2016
Is the Great Flood story to be taken literally or figuratively?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by sonofthunder: 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

There is no hell in existence now . The Hell I mean is the one that would burn eternally
Matthew 25:41
"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:

And Judgement has not taken place . All dead are in sheol -realm of the dead - awaiting judgement

Heaven is here on earth . There are two types of Heavens . God's abode and here on earth where Christ will reign eternally . The new earth is the “heaven” on which we will spend eternity. It is the new earth where the New Jerusalem, the heavenly city, will be located. It is on the new earth that the pearly gates and streets of gold will be.

Revelation chapters 21-22 gives us a detailed picture of the new heavens and the new earth .Heaven—the new earth—is a physical place where we will dwell with glorified physical bodies (1 Corinthians 15:35-58). The concept that heaven is “in the clouds” is unbiblical. The concept that we will be “spirits floating around in heaven” is also unbiblical. The heaven that believers will experience will be a new and perfect planet on which we will dwell. The new earth will be free from sin, evil, sickness, suffering, and death. It will likely be similar to our current earth, or perhaps even a re-creation of our current earth, but without the curse of sin.

Read more here : https://www.nairaland.com/2931676/dealing-misconceptions-receive-mansions-heaven

Eden means "fruitful, well-watered." Its not named after anyone

Fret not , the big boys are here : winner01 , kingebukasblog , Richirich713, scholar8200 , malvisguy212 , Muafrika2 Dejideji1 , truthman2012, Image123 , InesQor, Joshthefirst MrPresident1, gatiano sukkot, OLAADEGBU , vooks, UyiIredia Jeromejnr
o boy eh... make I go carry jotter sharp sharp.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by MizJanet(f): 8:23pm On Jul 13, 2016
@ Image123

waiting for your answers. don't be scared, the question is directly from your holybook
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by sonofthunder: 8:33pm On Jul 13, 2016
BlackIsLife:

read through your conversation with image123 again... he never said anybody is in hell fire, he said hell and according to his post(s), hell and hell fire are not entirely the same as you seem to assume. savvy?
*quietly returns back to the bench*

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by BlackIsLife: 9:46pm On Jul 13, 2016
Image123:

Ecc 3:19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
Ecc 3:20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
Ecc 3:21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

What purpose exactly do you wish to achieve, i am not a crk teacher oh. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Yes, people are in hell, not hell fire though.

Sonofthunder are you blind? or is it that you have comprehension deficiency? - he gallantly said "people are in hell, not hell fire though" which made me to ask where in the bible he read it from. do not quote me again if you have got no reasonable point to offer - the boy didn't deny he said it, so what's your P
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by sonofthunder: 10:02pm On Jul 13, 2016
BlackIsLife:

Sonofthunder are you blind? or is it that you have comprehension deficiency? - he gallantly said "people are in hell, not hell fire though" which made me to ask where in the bible he read it from. do not quote me again if you have got no reasonable point to offer - the boy didn't deny he said it, so what's your P
1.) No.
2.) No.
3.) Patiently read through his reply and you'll see that that question need not be asked.

pls control your sugar coated insults... ***back to my bench seat, might remain there like Mount Zion even if quoted***

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 14, 2016
1.As a christian,should praises,adorations,and worship directed to Jesus or God?or through jesus to God?

2.why did the 4 gospels contradict eachother,especially at the resurrection of jesus christ in the thumb?,why did other gospels diverse 4rm john own especially where jesus said "he is the light,the way,the life etc."?is it john the baptist that wrote "gospel of john"?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by twozero(m): 4:17am On Jul 14, 2016
I wudneed further explanation here pls

The two contradictory creation accounts.
The Book of Genesis begins with two contradictory creation accounts (1:1-2:3 and 2:4-3:24). In the first, God created humans (male and female) after he finished making all of the other animals. In the second, God made one man (“Adam”) and then created all of the animals in order to find a helpmeet for Adam. God brought all of the animals to Adam, but none of them appealed to him. So God made a woman from one of Adam’s ribs to serve his helpmeet.
Here are two of the more obvious contradictions between the two creation accounts.

In the first creation story, humans are created after the other animals.

And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:25-27

In the second story, humans were created before the other animals.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. Genesis 2:18-19

In the first creation story, the first man and woman were created simultaneously.

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:25-27

In the second account, the man was created first, then the animals, then the woman from the man's rib.

And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them.... And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. Genesis 2:18-22
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 10:04pm On Jul 14, 2016
MizJanet:
@ Image123

waiting for your answers. don't be scared, the question is directly from your holybook

Lol, that's a ridiculous thing to say. Scared of what or whom? i'm just never interested in time wasting, especially with people like JW sympathizers who are the definition of INDOCTRINATED. For others, it's easier to handle/deal with. Many times, one may not even need a Bible verse, or one or two will do and they get it. But for those other folks, they are basically trained to argue aimlessly, USING SCRIPTURES for that matter. So, one's work is sort of cut out in the sense that you have to equally bring up scriptures and more scriptureS. Most cases, they ignore your scripture passages like they are of inferior quality to what they have crammed. After much effort, if they ever give in, they usually do by ignoring/avoiding you, not by accepting. Why? Because they are so entrenched in their stuff, it is almost impossible for them to leave or change. They have a closely knit network, and usually do not want to "betray" or let down their parents and children, grandparents and others that they usually go out everyday sharing books about paradise. So, on an average, it is usually a waste of time and investment. However, in this case, i would take my time and leisure, and still answer when i am available. No worry
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 10:12pm On Jul 14, 2016
BlackIsLife:

You are actually the one running aimlessly and showing a lack of comprehension of simple english sentences. i already showed that hell is not hell fire. Hell will be cast into hell fire, which is the lake of fire. This is simple, basic reasoning, basic logic.
1. Satan and his cohorts final destination is hell fire, according to Jesus.
2. Satan and his cohorts are finally put into the lake of fire, according to Revelation.
3. Hell is distinguished from the lake of fire, as it(hell) is thrown into the lake of fire.
4. Hell fire is the lake of fire.

If you refuse to understand this simple and plain thing, no problem. It is not my job to make sure you understand. Move.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
MizJanet:

The portion u quote above Rev 20:14 didn't say hell is not hellfire, unless u are redefining hellfire to mean Lake of fire , if so kindly tell me WHAT IS HELL itself ?

Hell fire is the lake of fire, this is plain logic, like saying human beings are people. They are synonyms. This is clear from the fact that hell fire and the lake of fire are the destination of the devil. Simply consider context, the fire that never shall be quenched, everlasting fire, hell fire, lake of fire.

Mar 9:45 And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:

i already defined hell, i don't want to get into all these fruitless sheol and hades talk. The word "hell" is itself a word with many broad meanings. The specific context we are talking about is where the wicked is said to go, where they have some torment before the real deal(lake of fire) as it were. When the Bible says the wicked will be turned into hell, it is definitely not referring to the tomb as that will be needless talk. Everybody goes there essentially, especially those buried. But the place where the rich man lift up his eyes and spoke with Abraham is where i refer to as the destination of sinners. That is where sinners are presently.
Now, if Solomon or any other mon says that 1+1=2 and Jesus says that 1+1=1. i will take Jesus' words anytime anyday, a million times. All these baseless ignoring of Jesus'words to try and bring up some apparent contradiction no work for me. If i am to listen to someone about programming, i would listen to the founder of google, not Charles Babbage, even though i respect him. Now, that is not even the case here, it is simply a case of context and understanding. But be that as it may, let's skip the rubbish, i take Jesus words as superior and final. If you don't like it, you can take pure water.

Haha haha hahaha failure , he asked how did you come up with the fact that people are in hell presently , but u are quoting a verse many of u guys claim is not yet fulfilled presently . okay , has the sea delivered the dead in it ? blackislife can u imagine !

2. Hell delivered the dead in it , and the sea does too ... DOES this mean those in the sea are not in hell ? Answer!!!!

What is future there is the transfer. Presently and Jesus corroborates the claim that people are presently in hell. Further scriptures show same but it is a precious waste throwing it to you so i won't even elucidate or give more. Just for other readers'benefit.
1Pe 3:18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:
1Pe 3:19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison;

Psalm 16:10 u quote , hahahaha pls what exactly is this hell you are talking about cos according to your bible JESUS was there , is he unrighteous ? According to image123, hell is for the unrighteous! Is Jesus unrighteous ?

Yes, He was there. But obviously, He wasn't left there.

U mean Jesus is an unrighteous man, u know according to the bible he was in hell ? cheesy
See above. He's not there.

U made this up. The portion u quote said spirit return to God. Simple all spirit , it doesn't differentiate . wise up

The Bible is to be read and understood together, not in isolation. You are to read it cumulatively to improve your understanding.
Other scriptures show that unrighteous people have no place in Heaven. Other scriptures also show that the unrighteous go someplace else. Someone quoted the below BTW.
Dan 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Their sleep in no way implies, suggests or states that they do not have anything going on. They are not "dead" in the sense but asleep. Some are asleep in Abraham's bosm, with Jesus like Paul calls it, or where Jesus called paradise. Some are asleep in the place of torment called hell for quicker understanding.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by MizJanet(f): 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2016
Image123:

Lol, that's a ridiculous thing to say. Scared of what or whom? i'm just never interested in time wasting, especially with people like JW sympathizers who are the definition of INDOCTRINATED. For others, it's easier to handle/deal with. Many times, one may not even need a Bible verse, or one or two will do and they get it. But for those other folks, they are basically trained to argue aimlessly, USING SCRIPTURES for that matter. So, one's work is sort of cut out in the sense that you have to equally bring up scriptures and more scriptureS. Most cases, they ignore your scripture passages like they are of inferior quality to what they have crammed. After much effort, if they ever give in, they usually do by ignoring/avoiding you, not by accepting. Why? Because they are so entrenched in their stuff, it is almost impossible for them to leave or change. They have a closely knit network, and usually do not want to "betray" or let down their parents and children, grandparents and others that they usually go out everyday sharing books about paradise. So, on an average, it is usually a waste of time and investment. However, in this case, i would take my time and leisure, and still answer when i am available. No worry

abeg, you are discussing with an agnostic okay.

c'mon answer me, I believe it betrays intelligence to think everyone that has a different opinion to you must be JW or Mormon . that's stack stupidity!
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by MizJanet(f): 10:41pm On Jul 14, 2016
Image123:

abeg, you are discussing with an agnostic okay.

c'mon answer me, I believe it betrays intelligence to think everyone that has a different opinion to you or question your believes must be JW or Mormon . that's stack stupidity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (39) (Reply)

Prophet Penuel Drives Over His Church Members With His Car / "Mount Carmel": Apostle Johnson Suleman Officially Opens The Prayer Mountain / Do Witches & Wizards Exist? I Don't Think So!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 160
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.