Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,750 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:14 AM

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here - Religion (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here (70116 Views)

14 Inspiring Bible Verses About God's Love / 10 Hard Questions About Speaking In Tongues With Answers / Islam Or Christianity? Which Is True? Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

God is a God of Justice .
I know you would always justify it.
But let me ask you, how would you expect one raised in a peaceful religion like Gnosticism, Budhhism, peaceful freethinking or 4kingsism tongue, to react when he is preached to about hell, bearing in mind that he has good moral values like Oga Bill Gates or Margret thatcher?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

I know you would always justify it.
But let me ask you, how would you expect one raised in a peaceful religion like Gnosticism, Budhhism, peaceful freethinking or 4kingsism tongue, to react when he is preached to about hell, bearing in mind that he has good moral values like Oga Bill Gates or Margret thatcher?

How do you react to serial killers who are given life imprisonments or executed by firing squad or by hanging ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings post=51575314 4kingsism/:
tongue,
What's '4kings' ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

How do you react to serial killers who are given life imprisonments or executed by firing squad or by hanging ?
I personally don't support that practice, so i would feel bad, because i know the affected was once a cute child, led to evil by wrong influences.
If i have the chance to talk to one of them, i would try to see his/her situation as psychological distress, and recommend a rehabilitation center him/her, or if i can rehabilitate him/her. Afterall it could be my little sister next.

btw, those horrific punishment were as a result of most religions.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 3:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

What's '4kings' ?
Don't mind me i wasn't in my sane mood, when i decided to pick a username. Its from my name. wink
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

I personally don't support that practice, so i would feel bad, because i know the affected was once a cute child, led to evil by wrong influences.
If i have the chance to talk to one of them, i would try to see his/her situation as psychological distress, and recommend a rehabilitation center him/her, or if i can rehabilitate him/her. Afterall it could be my little sister next.

btw, those horrific punishment were as a result of most religions.

Well I believe God knows why He chose Hell as a condign punishment for aberration . No matter how we wish it away , it won't count because that's the reality everyone must one day come to terms with .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

Don't mind me i wasn't in my sane mood, when i decided to pick a username. Its from my name. wink

Kingsley ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Well I believe God knows why He chose Hell as a condign punishment for aberration . No matter how we wish it away , it won't count because that's the reality everyone must one day come to terms with .
@bolded, that is the kind of answer i prefer from christians, rather than trying to give justifications.
Well, IF("BiG IF'), your God exist i know i will roast in hell forever, afterall i'm his creation, and he can do with me however he likes(good, bad or according to his opinions).
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:02pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Kingsley ?
wink
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

@bolded, that is the kind of answer i prefer from christians, rather than trying to give justifications.
Well, IF("BiG IF'), your God exist i know i will roast in hell forever, afterall i'm his creation, and he can do with me however he likes(good, bad or according to his opinions).

There is no"if" bro , there is no "if" tongue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

wink

Enyinnaya Kelechi Kingsley ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

There is no"if" bro , there is no "if" tongue
Individual assertions are influenced by individual beliefs.
That's not my belief, so i can use "IF".
And i would really love to know your God's true reason, IF that day comes.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Enyinnaya Kelechi Kingsley ?
Dahell!, what makes you think i'm igbo?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

Individual assertions are influenced by individual beliefs.
That's not my belief, so i can use "IF".
And i would really love to know your God's true reason, IF that day comes.

Well Well Well

Just relax .
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Well Well Well

Just relax .
Don't worry, i am patient.
"10years", smiley
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

Dahell!, what makes you think i'm igbo?

Pepple Kalada Kingsley ? wink
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Pepple Kalada Kingsley ? wink
I'm not divulging that info yet, cos i like my life. cool
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

I'm not divulging that info yet, cos i like my life. cool

I think I nailed it cool
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I think I nailed it cool
Mr. Logician, i'm not from the majority ethnic group in Nigeria, and might not be a Nigerian wink
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

Mr. Logician, i'm not from the majority ethnic group in Nigeria, and might not be a Nigerian wink

You are from Opobo Town in Rivers State and you moved to Lagos in 1995 undecided
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

You are from Opobo Town in Rivers State and you moved to Lagos in 1995 undecided
So, i'm more than 21years old. Wowww, Mr.Logician. smiley
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

So, i'm more than 21years old. Wowww, Mr.Logician. smiley

No , you are exactly 21 years old grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

No , you are exactly 21 years old grin
Woww shocked, u are very good, Mr.Logician.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

Woww shocked, u are very good, Mr.Logician.

Na joke oo grin

I wasn't serious abeg grin
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Na joke oo grin

I wasn't serious abeg grin
smh
peace out. I'm vacating tomorrow, and i've not started packing.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 4:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

smh
peace out. I'm vacating tomorrow, and i've not started packing.

Lazy nigga tongue tongue
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by 4kings: 4:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Lazy nigga tongue tongue

Its because of that annoying new course DLD, that i don't know why Oyedepo brought when we already have TMC.
The exam is online, and i my group was from 3-3:30pm, i'm still browsing in LT grin, but i'm about to move.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by Image123(m): 4:55pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

Yayyyyy shocked smiley you are back, where have u been?

I know right, i think remember you were trying to clear up the confusion, though i'm not still convinced. tongue

The moral man, you must be born again.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
4kings:

Its because of that annoying new course DLD, that i don't know why Oyedepo brought when we already have TMC.
The exam is online, and i my group was from 3-3:30pm, i'm still browsing in LT grin, but i'm about to move.

No Shiloh ?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by DeepSight(m): 2:28pm On Dec 03, 2016
4kings:

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite evidence against it.
Atleast, the noticeable ones, are beliefs harmful to men or not aligning to societal beliefs, but most are not harmful. That's why there are psychiatric hospitals.

Now about purpose, People who suffer from delusion would also have the impression that the belief held was meant to be.
There are over 2000 religions(known or forgotten), i don't completely know your view of spirituaility, but i hope you would agree with me based on the explanations above that atleast some are deluded, due to different circumstances.

So from this; when in delusion the thoughts of the mind are obviously wrong.
So, what's your thought of "Purpose" for this affected ones.

People can find their purpose even in "delusion" - as you describe it and some others who are not so "deluded" at all may still not find their purpose.
Everything does happen for a reason in the great Karmaic circle of life.
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by DeepSight(m): 2:54pm On Dec 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Sir, remember when I said that Christ was like a demigod here on earth ? The Father is Greater Than I here means that Christ's nature as a human on earth - half man , half god - made The Father greater than He was . That means Christ's incarnation debilitated his divinity. In the bible , we can also see the Christ was even lower than the Angels while he was on Earth . Check this out :

Hebrews 2:9
9 But we see him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God he might taste death for everyone.

Is it not true that the father is always greater than Jesus: and not just during his sojourn on Earth?
For does it not say that he rose to sit at the right hand of the Father?

Why at the right hand?
Why not upon God's very throne itself, if indeed, he is God?

Why at the right hand, if Christianity is not thereby espousing separate deities as opposed to its contradictory claim of being monotheistic.

Check this out too

Ephesians 1:19-21(New Testament)
19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,
20 Which he wrought in Christ,

Who wrought this in Christ?

when he raised him from the dead,

Who raised Christ from the dead?

and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

Who set Christ at "his" right hand?

I hope you see the point?

Clearly, this shows a God above Christ in action.

And this (Old Testament)
Psalm 110:1
1 The Lord says to my lord:[a]
“Sit at my right hand
until I make your enemies
a footstool for your feet.”

Which Lord is talking to which Lord here?

Is this God speaking to himself?

Asking himself to sit at his own right hand?

Is this not absurd to you?

Can you not see that you are reading scripture very wrongly?

So God's right hand means Christ and the Father are of equal position, honor, power and authority .

My word! Where in the quoted verse is this even suggested at all? ? ? ?

Is it not the reverse that is suggested for we see God helping Christ by asking him to sit by his side and helping to put his enemies beneath him?

That you can make this astonishing leap and conclude with the exact opposite of what the verse shows, just emphasizes how drastically you are willing to upturn scripture in order to sustain the non scriptural pagan doctrine of the Trinity.

*** Yahweh is called the Father because Jesus is His son in human flesh in the sense that He is God made manifest in human flesh.

Did Jesus not describe him as "my father and your father, my God and your God" - thus clearly showing that there is no difference between the way in which he is God and father to Jesus and the way he is God and Father to us?

Look at this

John 1:1-2
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.

The original Greek rendition of this verse is open to myriad interpretation, amongst which valid possibilities include "the word was a god" as well as "the word was divine".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_1:1#Difficulties

Now I note that there are good arguments to the contrary and which support the ordinary rendition "the word was God:" however in taking the entirely of John into consideration that cannot be supported. The very line immediately after that line contradicts it by saying "the same was in the beginning with God."

This shows me very clearly that it is more plausible to understand that the line referred to is not reconcilable with the following line is we are to hold that it referred to Jesus as God rather than as a god or as Divine.

Finally on this note I must add the even if it referred to the word being God, and the word being made flesh, in the overall context of Jesus own words which strongly repudiate the idea that he was God or ever would be God, it is more reasonable to understand that it referred to the word coming to Earth through Jesus: I.e: Jesus was the carrier of God's word: thus the word was made flesh in him - and still this does not make him God at all!

This is underscored by the fact that he stated that he was only a messenger of God and that he could do nothing except what the Father directed him to do!

One more thing: If I were you, who hold Jesus supreme, I would attribute more value to Jesus own words than to anything written by anyone else in the Bible if such stand in contradiction to Jesus words.

and verse 14
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Good: so you see that he comes "from the Father".

Christ also spoke in the Old Testament

Isaiah 48:16
“I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; From the time that it was, there am I; and now the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me.”

This actually contradicts your position.

Christ explicitly said that he was sent by the Father (the Lord God) and His spirit (The Holy Spirit) .

If so, why then do you insist that he is both Messenger and Master? Both Agent and Principal?

And see what Christ said here :
John 10:30
30 I and my Father are one.

I must state that I find it particularly annoying when Trinitarians try to use this in support of the Trinity:
This is very shameful because Christ himself explained exactly what he meant by that oneness! -

See exactly what he said:

27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than allc ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.”

31Again his Jewish opponents picked up stones to stone him, 32but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many good works from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

33“We are not stoning you for any good work,” they replied, “but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.”

34Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, ‘I have said you are “gods” ’d ? 35If he called them ‘gods,’ to whom the word of God came—and Scripture cannot be set aside— 36what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, ‘I am God’s Son’? 37Do not believe me unless I do the works of my Father. 38But if I do them, even though you do not believe me, believe the works, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.” 39Again they tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp.

You can clearly see his own explanation and the fact that he immediately referred to us all being gods!

And see further explanation of that:

I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one--as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me.

~ John 17:21

Look at the underlined portion above. Am I to be KingEbuka, and are you to be Deepsight? Is his prayer there meant to make us the same person, or is it meant to make us united in spirit and purpose?

Therefore this explains the sort of oneness he refers to with God!

So please, please please STOP misrepresenting Christ on what he meant by oneness! It refers to unity of spirit and purpose and not that one entity is the same as the other!

Let's go farther than that

Genesis 1:1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Genesis 1:26-27
26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

The plural of royalty is nothing to hinge your claim on. Besides, it only refers to the real truth namely that it was a host of "gods" that embarked on the experiment of making the Earth and Man.

Having addressed all that, when are you going to address the 20 verses I showed you from your own Holy Scripture repudiating the Trinity?
Re: Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here by DeepSight(m): 3:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

But what about false teachings like the one so many heretics peddled in the early centuries

False teachings like the Trinity?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (Reply)

2 Nuns Became Pregnant Working In Africa, Catholic Church Investigates / Prophet Odumeje And Prophet Onyeze Jesus Hang Out Together (Photos) / Olumba Olumba Obu Hands Over To Son, To Be Coronated As ‘King Of Kings‘

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.