Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Churchill Okonkwo: Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Churchill Okonkwo: Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim (561 Views)

"Ndigbo Will Conquer & Rule In Oduduwa Republic" - By Churchill Okonkwo / "Fake News More Dangerous Than Insurgency, Can Break Nigeria" – Lai Mohammed / How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Churchill Okonkwo: Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim by akelicious(m): 8:59pm On Jul 13, 2016
Reducing the nationality of an individual’s achievement to the lowest
decimal possible - one's tribe - to me does not elevate nor strengthen such honors. Rather than strength, it all points to something strange, a feeling of inferiority and fear.Don’t know about you, but it looks bizarre to me anytime I come across phrases like these on social media: “Igbo man achieves…”; “Igbo student ….”; “Igbo woman became…”; “Igbo man this, Igbo man that”. Suddenly, accomplishments by Nigerians across the globe are being zeroed down to tribe by a section of the country. What could be the reason behind this? To feel superior? To feel good? To show “them” that you are Whatever you think it is, reducing the nationality of an individual’s achievement to the lowest decimal possible - one's tribe - to me does not elevate nor strengthen such honors. Rather than strength, it all points to something strange, a feeling of inferiority and fear. I thus see such actions as unconscious acts of perpetuating a self-imposed and unwarranted sense of marginalization – a victim mentality syndrome that only reinforces negative attitudes and isolation.
Read more at http://www.akelicious.com/2016/07/churchill-okonkwo-ndigbo-can-break-free.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Kaduna State 215 MW Power Plant To Be Inaugurated In 2017 – Fashola / I Remain Committed To Opposing The Buhari Administration And APC- FFK / PHOTOS: Massive Protest Against The Badly Compromised Judiciary In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.