Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,787 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome (3402 Views)

"Fake News More Dangerous Than Insurgency, Can Break Nigeria" – Lai Mohammed / How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome / Churchill Okonkwo: Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by Abagworo(m): 9:32pm On Jul 13, 2016
How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome By Churchill Okonkwo.

I don’t know about you, but it looks bizarre to me anytime I come across phrases like these on social media: “Igbo man achieves…”; “Igbo student ….”; “Igbo woman became…”; “Igbo man this, Igbo man that”. Suddenly, accomplishments by Nigerians across the globe are being zeroed down to tribe by a section of the country. What could be the reason behind this? To feel superior? To feel good? To show “them” that you are excelling?

Whatever you think it is, reducing the nationality of an individual’s achievement to the lowest decimal possible - one's tribe - to me does not elevate nor strengthen such honors. Rather than strength, it all points to something strange, a feeling of inferiority and fear. I thus see such actions as unconscious acts of perpetuating a self-imposed and unwarranted sense of marginalization – a victim mentality syndrome that only reinforces negative attitudes and isolation.

Negative attitude is poisonous and can negatively impact the way we feel and act. It is therefore extremely important that Ndigbo should switch to a positive frequency in order to reshape our realities and thoughts. That’s why I am here to let you know that it’s time to let go and start with a new thinking.

But first, here’s how to know that you have this victim mentality syndrome as Onye Igbo. You feel like every other tribe has it so easy in Nigeria except you; you always feel like it’s not my fault, they did it to me. You want to be a martyr, so you confront the security forces to be killed; you are addicted to imaginary misery and drama; blaming Buhari for everything improves your state of mind; you never feel responsible for your negative behavior; you only focus on negative events and disappointments, so even when Boko Haram are being decimated and massive corruption exposed, you keep focusing on real and imaginary marginalization; you display self-defeating, almost masochistic behavior – I am miserable therefore, I am. You know yourself now.

For Ohaneze Ndigbo that is meeting tomorrow at Owerri, here is the deal; you should make it clear to Ndigbo that the traits listed above are not an excuse to embrace a victim mentality. Tell Ndigbo that they should not be steering the pirate ship into the same iceberg that sank their father’s ship. After accepting that something shitty happened to them (whatever it is), tell Ndigbo that they need to embrace a new and fearless chapter. So, here are the bold steps to release ourselves from our victim mentality syndrome.

Stop asking why.
You will only end up torturing yourself more with that painful loop of questions without answers. It should have been that simple from day one. There will never be a satisfactory answer or gratifying analysis as to why Nigerian government will not “let you go”. So, stop playing the “poor me” card. Take responsibility. Wise up your life, there is really no way around it. Stop committing acts that will make you a martyr. The world is not paying attention.

Ask courageous questions.
I completely agree that space must be given for the “marginalized” to express themselves. But by clinging to the victim mentality, you get lost in the funk of sadness and self-pity. You fail to take action and exempt yourselves from the risks of failure. You carry an extra baggage. The fact is that surviving and thriving in multiethnic and religions society like Nigeria is not easy, but one need not assume a victim mentality in relation to it. So, ask courageous questions. How can we as a people move forward from here? Can you grab some power at state level of government and start setting example of what live will be like in the land of the rising sun?

Name your prize.
If what it will take to rid yourself of victim mentality is to have an Igbo sounding name as Nigerian President in 2019, start planning for it now by forging alliances with other political forces. If, on the other hand, ‘restructuring’ Nigeria will make you feel ‘rich’, take responsibility by strategizing on how to elect public office holders that will champion that cause from the local to the federal level. That’s how to take responsibility. Not this present display of victim mentality syndrome.

Unfortunately, your pro-Biafran movement is full of unhappy and confused people who keep telling you that the only way to achieve ‘sovereignty’ is by airlifting all your kinsmen to Mars. But what if you start with what you can grab immediately while you wait for the airlifting? You can shoot for political power base in the entire Southeastern Nigeria starting with the “Biggest Price” – The Anambra State Government House come 2017. The election is more than one year away, so you have more than enough time to start planning.

Forgive.
The most important thing you need to do is to forgive. Forgive the Hausas for the atrocities leading to the civil war. Forgive the Yorubas for betraying you during the Biafran civil war. Forgive the Niger Deltans for conniving with the Nigerian government to effectively block the Biafran enclave. After all, we are all over Southwest, North, and South-south working as professionals, doing business and prospering. By not forgiving them, you are bound to them by an emotional link that is stronger than uncooked ponmo (‘kanda’). Do you know the best thing about forgiveness? It does not only release the other person, it also sets you free from agony and unnecessary pain.

Finally, give yourself a break. Take a break from social media and all the junk websites that have kept you on the edge with fake stories of how the whole world (except Mugabe, Putin and Trump) has turned against you.

I know it’s hard getting out of the victim mentality syndrome but, you should be nice to yourself. All it will take to free yourself from the victim mentality syndrome is to remain an Okonkwo. Yes, Okonkwo! That’s who we are as Ndigbo - outgoing fearless, hardworking with reasonable sense of integrity. And that is freedom!

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/13/how-ndigbo-can-break-free-their-victim-mentality-syndrome-churchill-okonkwo
You can email Churchill at Churchill.okonkwo@gmail.comor follow him on Twitter @churchillnnobi.

6 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by madenigga(m): 10:04pm On Jul 13, 2016
some of the attack are unnecessary sha, for a tribe with aspirations for presidency one day the way our people are attacking everybody isn't cool, from there fellow igbos to people from other tribes.
Another thing is dat Gej they re taking panadol for is not even an igbo man.
The unnecessary attacks on Buhari smhw just imagine if an igbo person becomes president and the north pays us back in our own coin, from starting a hate radio e.g radio Biafra and call there's radio arewa to attacking the igbo president on his every move to the social media attacks wud that be ok?
do to others as u want them to do unto u, I know hausas and yorubas attack the igbos nd most times we fight back, but since we ve been fighting back what has changed, lets employ another tactics by looking for d root cause of this attacks nd addressing them.
I wud love to attend that ohaneze event tomorrow. I wud like to mk my own contribution.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by AbuMaryam1(m): 10:15pm On Jul 13, 2016
@OP, Plain truth, but I trust my flat- heads brothers AKA knows as second class citizens they will soon answer you.

2 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by madenigga(m): 10:24pm On Jul 13, 2016
AbuMaryam1:
@OP, Plain truth, but I trust my flat- heads brothers AKA knows as second class citizens they will soon answer you.
u people won't behave yourselves, u guys are always the ones to pick on we igbos yet u people still turn around to say we are trouble makers wen things get messier.

9 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by attackgat: 10:52pm On Jul 13, 2016
Abagworo:
How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome By Churchill Okonkwo.

I don’t know about you, but it looks bizarre to me anytime I come across phrases like these on social media: “Igbo man achieves…”; “Igbo student ….”; “Igbo woman became…”; “Igbo man this, Igbo man that”. Suddenly, accomplishments by Nigerians across the globe are being zeroed down to tribe by a section of the country. What could be the reason behind this? To feel superior? To feel good? To show “them” that you are excelling?

Whatever you think it is, reducing the nationality of an individual’s achievement to the lowest decimal possible - one's tribe - to me does not elevate nor strengthen such honors. Rather than strength, it all points to something strange, a feeling of inferiority and fear. I thus see such actions as unconscious acts of perpetuating a self-imposed and unwarranted sense of marginalization – a victim mentality syndrome that only reinforces negative attitudes and isolation.

Negative attitude is poisonous and can negatively impact the way we feel and act. It is therefore extremely important that Ndigbo should switch to a positive frequency in order to reshape our realities and thoughts. That’s why I am here to let you know that it’s time to let go and start with a new thinking.

But first, here’s how to know that you have this victim mentality syndrome as Onye Igbo. You feel like every other tribe has it so easy in Nigeria except you; you always feel like it’s not my fault, they did it to me. You want to be a martyr, so you confront the security forces to be killed; you are addicted to imaginary misery and drama; blaming Buhari for everything improves your state of mind; you never feel responsible for your negative behavior; you only focus on negative events and disappointments, so even when Boko Haram are being decimated and massive corruption exposed, you keep focusing on real and imaginary marginalization; you display self-defeating, almost masochistic behavior – I am miserable therefore, I am. You know yourself now.

For Ohaneze Ndigbo that is meeting tomorrow at Owerri, here is the deal; you should make it clear to Ndigbo that the traits listed above are not an excuse to embrace a victim mentality. Tell Ndigbo that they should not be steering the pirate ship into the same iceberg that sank their father’s ship. After accepting that something shitty happened to them (whatever it is), tell Ndigbo that they need to embrace a new and fearless chapter. So, here are the bold steps to release ourselves from our victim mentality syndrome.

Stop asking why.
You will only end up torturing yourself more with that painful loop of questions without answers. It should have been that simple from day one. There will never be a satisfactory answer or gratifying analysis as to why Nigerian government will not “let you go”. So, stop playing the “poor me” card. Take responsibility. Wise up your life, there is really no way around it. Stop committing acts that will make you a martyr. The world is not paying attention.

I completely agree that space must be given for the “marginalized” to express themselves. But by clinging to the victim mentality, you get lost in the funk of sadness and self-pity. You fail to take action and exempt yourselves from the risks of failure. You carry an extra baggage. The fact is that surviving and thriving in multiethnic and religions society like Nigeria is not easy, but one need not assume a victim mentality in relation to it. So, ask courageous questions. How can we as a people move forward from here? Can you grab some power at state level of government and start setting example of what live will be like in the land of the rising sun?

Name your prize.
If what it will take to rid yourself of victim mentality is to have an Igbo sounding name as Nigerian President in 2019, start planning for it now by forging alliances with other political forces. If, on the other hand, ‘restructuring’ Nigeria will make you feel ‘rich’, take responsibility by strategizing on how to elect public office holders that will champion that cause from the local to the federal level. That’s how to take responsibility. Not this present display of victim mentality syndrome.

Unfortunately, your pro-Biafran movement is full of unhappy and confused people who keep telling you that the only way to achieve ‘sovereignty’ is by airlifting all your kinsmen to Mars. But what if you start with what you can grab immediately while you wait for the airlifting? You can shoot for political power base in the entire Southeastern Nigeria starting with the “Biggest Price” – The Anambra State Government House come 2017. The election is more than one year away, so you have more than enough time to start planning.

Forgive.
The most important thing you need to do is to forgive. Forgive the Hausas for the atrocities leading to the civil war. Forgive the Yorubas for betraying you during the Biafran civil war. Forgive the Niger Deltans for conniving with the Nigerian government to effectively block the Biafran enclave. After all, we are all over Southwest, North, and South-south working as professionals, doing business and prospering. By not forgiving them, you are bound to them by an emotional link that is stronger than uncooked ponmo (‘kanda’). Do you know the best thing about forgiveness? It does not only release the other person, it also sets you free from agony and unnecessary pain.

Finally, give yourself a break. Take a break from social media and all the junk websites that have kept you on the edge with fake stories of how the whole world (except Mugabe, Putin and Trump) has turned against you.

I know it’s hard getting out of the victim mentality syndrome but, you should be nice to yourself. All it will take to free yourself from the victim mentality syndrome is to remain an Okonkwo. Yes, Okonkwo! That’s who we are as Ndigbo - outgoing fearless, hardworking with reasonable sense of integrity. And that is freedom!

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/13/how-ndigbo-can-break-free-their-victim-mentality-syndrome-churchill-okonkwo
You can email Churchill at Churchill.okonkwo@gmail.comor follow him on Twitter @churchillnnobi.

It is unfortunate that I wasted my MB reading the nonsense above from another "I must remain a Nigerian forever" slave mentalist. What is wrong with Igbos enumerating their achievements as long as it is factual? What is wrong in people boasting of their achievements particularly if it is something achieved through hardwork? Like the bumbling Nigerian he is, the writer is asking why Igbos want to be martyrs by confronting the Nigerian security personel. Is this guy for real? Is it the job of the Nigerian security personel to shoot those who confront them? Especially when they are unarmed? The Nigerian security agencies are commiting extrer-judicial murder and they are blaming those being killed. What an ignoramus. He is saying that Igbos are blaming Buhari for everything? The life of the common man has got much worse under Buhari mainly because of his visionless economic policy, who are we to blame? Kermit the frog? At least those that are agitating for Biafra are aspiring for their sovereignty, the writter is still aspiring for something much less such as the presidency of Nigeria that has never helped anybody, even those who have held it before. The writer is just a small minded individual.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by 33xtr03r: 11:11pm On Jul 13, 2016
AbuMaryam1:

One thing is certain with the Igbo Nation: Igbos are not like the Yorubas and some other docile tribes in Nigeria who are too myopic to follow criminals and their rougish candidates sheepishly and blindly. Igbos are not political saboteurs like the Yorubas who are mendacious and notoriously known for making a living out of lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs.

At the outset of PMB administration Igbo leaders were the first to visit Aso Rock to congratulate him and pledge their support for him. Immediately Yorubas and their cohorts were infuriated and were all over the media ranting and abusing Igbo leaders for making such visits. The bitterness was vivid and yet Igbo leaders did not insult or attack the presidency.

It's on record and verifiable that Igbos have not stood against the progress of the presidency. 

In aftermath of the 2011 victory of GEJ at the polls Yoruba National Youth Corp Members where butchered by PMB kinsmen without much noise from the Yorubas.
Yorubas did not deem it to rant carelessly and make noise everywhere.

In the build up to the 2015 general elections many Yorubas and their numerous media outfits abused GEJ and the office of the presidency with reckless abandon. Yorubas called GEJ unprintable names - clueless, shoeless, drunkard, fisherman, dumb, Boko-Haram sponsor even when it's an open secret that BH was an evil invention by Northerners to destabilise and islamise the country; coupled with treasonable threats like forming a parallel govt, make the country ungovernable,  'soaked in the blood of dog and the baboon' threat.

Yorubas and their elites spearheaded the campaigns of calumny and insults that earned GEJ the most insulted president ever in history.

Indeed, virtually every Yoruba person is blinded by hypocrisy and delusion. Just last Saturday, July 10, 2016, a Yoruba woman was dismembered by Northern islamists for preaching in Abuja and yet the deluded people are nowhere to be found on NL creating endless threads to register their anger.

To the hypocritical Yorubas, the Hausa-Fulanis are peaceful and accommodative and thus have no problem; they can kidnap, kill, maim, destroy and ravage Yorubaland and as much as they like. 
Yorubas are more concerned about the Igbo people seeking self-determination peacefully than a group of islamic fanatics butchering and slaughtering people under the guise of religion even without provocation.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by SamuelAnyawu(m): 11:18pm On Jul 13, 2016
cool cool cool
Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by HopeAtHand: 11:28pm On Jul 13, 2016
Well, what more can i say?

2 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by DLioness(f): 11:38pm On Jul 13, 2016
Abagworo:

Stop asking why.

Name your prize.

Forgive.

Toh! Mun ji ka.

1 Like

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by Duru1(m): 12:29am On Jul 14, 2016
Abagworo:

Stop asking why.

Name your prize.

Forgive.

What a display of idiocy. This dude cannot think to save his life.

10 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by KINGwax007(m): 12:42am On Jul 14, 2016
Igbos looking at you now..

The kind evil wey I go do this guy dey scare me too....

2 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by TheBiafran(m): 1:10am On Jul 14, 2016
chai
op sorry o
but nna ehn
iberibe nke gi agago obodo afudebe
nna o
your iberibelistic nature has gone beyound that of the mosquito who the godz jammad with a bembestic shetos.......
i wonder what the godz will ataka ma ginwa with o
who knows, you will traipanor and rotate to a full blown zombie whose mumubilty i myself can not even decode via DSTV
what a junk of a post.........
i no even read am self, peoples comments was all i needed to confirm that ihe i dere bu inyo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by AgentOfAllah: 6:16am On Jul 14, 2016
Abagworo:

One's tribe isn't the lowest decimal possible, one's individuality is, and that's the only thing that counts when accounting for individual achievements. It is risible, otherwise, for any group; tribe, club, country or religion to claim the achievements of individuals. The achievements of an individual are simply that individual's!
Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by JohnsonOlanre: 6:28am On Jul 14, 2016
attackgat:

It is unfortunate that I wasted my MB reading the nonsense above from another "I must remain a Nigerian forever" slave mentalist. What is wrong with Igbos enumerating their achievements as long as it is factual? What is wrong in people boasting of their achievements particularly if it something achieved through hardwork? Like the bumbling Nigerian he is, the writer is asking why Igbos want to be martyrs by confronting the Nigerian security personell. Is this guy for real? Is it the job of the Nigerian security personel to shoot those who confront them? Especially when they are unarmed? The Nigerian security agencies are commiting extrer-judicial murder and they is blaming those being killed. What an ignoramus. He is saying that Igbos are blaming Buhari for everything? The life of the common man has got much worse under Buhari manly because of his visionless economic policy, who are we to blame? Kermit the frog? At least those that are agitating for Biafra are aspiring for their sovereignty, the writter is still aspiring for something much less such as the presidency of Nigeria that has never helped any body, even those who have held it before. The writer is just a small minded individual.

Mr Ibo, we yorubas hate it when you Ibos excel more than we do. We don't want you to show your achievement to anybody, when an ibo is elected into polish parliament we don't want you to claim him, we want you to call him Nigerian but when an Ibo is caught with drugs in singapore we prefer that you call him Ibo not nigerian. This is the crux of matter.

Claim only your bad eggs, but allow your achievers to be called nigerians not Ibo. Is that too much to ask?
If your bitter leaf soup no sour our ewedu no go sweet.

4 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by JohnsonOlanre: 6:32am On Jul 14, 2016
33xtr03r:

One thing is certain with the Igbo Nation: Igbos are not like the Yorubas and some other docile tribes in Nigeria who are too myopic to follow criminals and their rougish candidates sheepishly and blindly. Igbos are not political saboteurs like the Yorubas who are mendacious and notoriously known for making a living out of lies, falsehood, noise-making, propaganda, abuse and slurs.

At the outset of PMB administration Igbo leaders were the first to visit Aso Rock to congratulate him and pledge their support for him. Immediately Yorubas and their cohorts were infuriated and were all over the media ranting and abusing Igbo leaders for making such visits. The bitterness was vivid and yet Igbo leaders did not insult or attack the presidency.

It's on record and verifiable that Igbos have not stood against the progress of the presidency. 

In aftermath of the 2011 victory of GEJ at the polls Yoruba National Youth Corp Members where butchered by PMB kinsmen without much noise from the Yorubas.
Yorubas did not deem it to rant carelessly and make noise everywhere.

In the build up to the 2015 general elections many Yorubas and their numerous media outfits abused GEJ and the office of the presidency with reckless abandon. Yorubas called GEJ unprintable names - clueless, shoeless, drunkard, fisherman, dumb, Boko-Haram sponsor even when it's an open secret that BH was an evil invention by Northerners to destabilise and islamise the country; coupled with treasonable threats like forming a parallel govt, make the country ungovernable,  'soaked in the blood of dog and the baboon' threat.

Yorubas and their elites spearheaded the campaigns of calumny and insults that earned GEJ the most insulted president ever in history.

Indeed, virtually every Yoruba person is blinded by hypocrisy and delusion. Just last Saturday, July 10, 2016, a Yoruba woman was dismembered by Northern islamists for preaching in Abuja and yet the deluded people are nowhere to be found on NL creating endless threads to register their anger.

To the hypocritical Yorubas, the Hausa-Fulanis are peaceful and accommodative and thus have no problem; they can kidnap, kill, maim, destroy and ravage Yorubaland and as much as they like. 
Yorubas are more concerned about the Igbo people seeking self-determination peacefully than a group of islamic fanatics butchering and slaughtering people under the guise of religion even without provocation.

Kai you don finish us.

2 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 14, 2016
What A Dumb Article!
So people voicing out against Marginalization is "victim mentality"?
1. How do Igbos hate yorubas/hausas? How many hausas have you seen Igbos killing? Do you know how many Ndigbo that have been mudered in the North?
2) Damn your Nigeria Presidency! Who cares? Developing AlaIgbo is more important than Ruling a 3rd world laughing joke of a country.
3) FYI, The future is bright for my beloved Igbo Nation, but whats the future of Nigeria?
4) So This dumbie want Igbos to support a Ethnic bigot of a President?
Efulefus want to be "good nigerians" by insulting their ethnic group just like that Okpoko Icha named Joe Igbokwe.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by blackpanda: 6:58am On Jul 14, 2016
OP very well written

I wish my igbo bro and sis can take this and dwell on it. But its human nature to fight truth, unfortunately.
Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by Nobody: 7:07am On Jul 14, 2016
HopeAtHand:
why are u like this? You are always seen in Igbo thread? Don't ikwerres have a thread or they are insignificant to have one?.
Who is stalking who now?

2 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:11am On Jul 14, 2016
I was passing by when I saw two yellowbar monsters in the person of Abagworo and Blackpanda.
Am like "wow, vultures are feasting on this thread"
Back to topic, all this lost sons of Igbo land whom I have advised on several occasions to halt the consumption of Ewedu but they refused to heed to my advices should better stay back in the sophisticated region and don't step their feet anywhere in Alaigbo; especially Joe Igbokwe, am just waiting patiently for the day he will organize igbo youths on a seminar cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by PAINGAIN: 7:21am On Jul 14, 2016
Where is chino when you need him? This abagworo has gone bunkers. I now know why chino is always on his case. Abagworo please take that your nigerian presidency and shove it straight up your candy assss. Hausa and yoruba people have been presidents over and over, how has that helped them individually and collectively? Please tell. Igbos are the only good thing in nigeria. You say we have the victim mentality but all the things we shiut about are true. How many people did the libyan fulani herdsmen kill in benue and enugu? But the nigerian army have not done naada about it but they are always quick to shoot and kill armless igbo demonstrators.

Igbos don't need the presidency. We need to stay on our own. Take your nigeria, we don't need it.

3 Likes

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by PRXPERT: 7:26am On Jul 14, 2016
I'm tired of all these efulefus! They think they will be loved, or seen as different from other igbos because of what he will eat! I hate it when they believe they can advice us! If they didn't like Nnamdi azikiwe, who are you...nnamdi kanu..
I can never engage you lunatics on this issue. Igbos want out! Is it by force to be nigerian? Nawaooh
If an igbo man commits crime, they will name his town, village and kindred but if he does something remarkable he is nigerian! If you want to be seen as a nigerian, right against Igbos! Because igbos are not nigerians and rightfully so, allow them to go!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by seunny4lif(m): 7:37am On Jul 14, 2016
I no get anything to say but to booked FP grin grin grin grin grin
The person below me dey use MTN cheesy grin But I dey use Glo grin grin grin
Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 14, 2016
the Igbos, I meant the real ones, not you ma friend, not you....Dont want to be president of a third rate country.

Its like offering me to head Somalia.

OP, you ve been infected.

No am using Glo this tim, you just typed fastertongue

1 Like

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by Omoluabi16(m): 8:51am On Jul 14, 2016
This O.p made a valid point. We seem to be competing for no cause when we should all sit down and move the country forward. Some people (all tribes) are so filled with hate these days..it's really scary.However, Radio bafra is the home of propaganda. I wouldn't expect any logical person to take them seriously.
Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by attacker321: 9:16am On Jul 14, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Nobody mentioned ikwerre here, this is about Igbos so park one side.
Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by HopeAtHand: 9:17am On Jul 14, 2016
Adaure4ever:
why are u like this? You are always seen in Igbo thread? Don't ikwerres have a thread or they are insignificant to have one?.
Who is stalking who now?

Since Igbos have decided to carry Ikwerre matter for head, i'll be present in Igbo threads.

You bitter Igbos better disabuse your minds of hate and work to make Nigeria a better place for us all.

1 Like

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by Abagworo(m): 9:26am On Jul 14, 2016
attackgat:

It is unfortunate that I wasted my MB reading the nonsense above from another "I must remain a Nigerian forever" slave mentalist. What is wrong with Igbos enumerating their achievements as long as it is factual? What is wrong in people boasting of their achievements particularly if it is something achieved through hardwork? Like the bumbling Nigerian he is, the writer is asking why Igbos want to be martyrs by confronting the Nigerian security personel. Is this guy for real? Is it the job of the Nigerian security personel to shoot those who confront them? Especially when they are unarmed? The Nigerian security agencies are commiting extrer-judicial murder and they are blaming those being killed. What an ignoramus. He is saying that Igbos are blaming Buhari for everything? The life of the common man has got much worse under Buhari mainly because of his visionless economic policy, who are we to blame? Kermit the frog? At least those that are agitating for Biafra are aspiring for their sovereignty, the writter is still aspiring for something much less such as the presidency of Nigeria that has never helped anybody, even those who have held it before. The writer is just a small minded individual.

You are yet to comprehend his point with regards to martyrdom. Igbos are offering themselves to be killed across Nigeria because Buhari defeated Jonathan. Jonathan was not a good leader and is of course not an Igbo man.

1 Like

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by 33xtr06r: 9:32am On Jul 14, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Since Igbos have decided to carry Ikwerre matter for head, i'll be present in Igbo threads.

You bitter Igbos better disabuse your minds of hate and work to make Nigeria a better place for us all.

Desist from painting the Igbo Nation in black to project Ikwerre. Igbos are not known for hatred but for justice and equity.

Consider taking that message of yours to some other quarters. Igbos are comfortable having a separate existence from you lots.

BTW, why is it so difficult for you to concentrate your energies on having a union without Igbos - your nemesis?

"...we have millions of millions of Igbos residing with us in our homes, in our towns, in our states, very peacefully, very industrious, helping our communities and our economy to grow..."
- The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar 111, Nov 23 2015  https://www.nairaland.com/2757943/nigeriannewspapers-biafra-im-worried-says#40343297
https://nigerianewspapers.com.ng/biafra-im-worried-says-sultan.html

1 Like

Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by attacker321: 9:32am On Jul 14, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Who mentioned ikwerre here

ikwerre are not Igbos and we have nothing to do with them so you are not needed here.

ikwerre is Niger Delta and should mind their own affairs.
Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by Abagworo(m): 9:34am On Jul 14, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Igbos were not like this until Jonathan lost in 2015. In as much as there existed normal ethnic clashes it never got to this level of staking their lives and properties across Nigeria. As things stand now we are quite close to a repeat of 1967 where the rest of the country will once again unite against innocent Igbos brainwashed with propaganda and acting out of ignorance. And just like 1967 most of the anti-Nigerian Igbos still habour a false belief of oneness with SS and will once again believe it's betrayal when SS dissociates themselves.
Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 14, 2016
grin
Re: How Ndigbo Can Break Free From Their Victim Mentality Syndrome by 33xtr06r: 9:44am On Jul 14, 2016
Abagworo:

Igbos were not like this until Jonathan lost in 2015. In as much as there existed normal ethnic clashes it never got to this level of staking their lives and properties across Nigeria. As things stand now we are quite close to a repeat of 1967 where the rest of the country will once again unite against innocent Igbos brainwashed with propaganda and acting out of ignorance. And just like 1967 most of the anti-Nigerian Igbos still habour a false belief of oneness with SS and will once again believe it's betrayal when SS dissociates themselves.

Can you do well to leave Igbos alone and take your campaigns of calumny to your OduaArewanistan republic?

Nobody can be brainwashed into seeking emancipation; for self-determination is an inalienable right of ANY people.

The Igbo quest for nationhood is strictly for hardworking achievers and goal-getters. Igbos are not interested in non-Igbos of SS.

For a long while now you lots have threatened war against Igbos. You promised yourselves to complete the annihilation of Igbos. You vowed to confiscate Igbo properties. You keep drumming, Igboland is landlocked, sea-locked, air-locked, sunlight-locked, gravity-locked and all what not just to attempt quench the raging IPOB tsunamic movement. Yorubas have systematically burnt Igbo shops and business premises. Yorubas have used every foul means to defraud Igbos of their hard earned monies. Stop unfounded theories against the Igbo Nation.

Never again shall the blood of innocent Igbos and Easterners be spilled on the dirty streets of Nigeria in vain.

Try and detach yourself from your sentiments; at least for once.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Is A Nepotisitic President - Sahara Reporters. (photo) / 2019: Olawepo-hashim And Third Force / Baffles Me Why People Still Support Buhari,nigeria Like Venezuela(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.