Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,737 members, 7,809,825 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:32 PM

Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics (30633 Views)

JAMB Fixes Cut Off Marks For Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges Of Education / Top 10 Most Competitive Courses In Nigeria Universities / Six Things To Note As Jamb Commence Sales Of Form 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by awa(m): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2016
I don't care which one is better provided there is food on my table after all said and done. So many University Graduates are begging Poly Graduates for food while so many Poly Graduates are begging Universities Graduates for food too.

My conclusion is if Universities Graduate are better let all of them get something doing immediately after graduation since no firm is willing to hire those that are not okay as their workforce.

Enough of this Varsity and Poly e-ranting when there is serious hunger in the society. Some have the so-called Degree yet hunger is killing them.
What we should be talking about is how to better our educational system and work on our Naija value system. Some University Graduates are Scavenging in the States and UK with their Naija Uni Degree.

1 Like

Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by samwise99(m): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2016
BornnAgainChild:
BIG LIE.....no matter what is listed here we all know Polytechnics are above Universities in all ramification....Even university graduates and student know so too

UP Polytechnics!!!

So proud to have passed through one

You are very funny my dear
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by Nobody: 10:07am On Jul 16, 2016
emmyw:
Just My Mind....... I Wish She Should Just Visit UI And Shut Up.

leave the idiot......if she mistakenly enter unilorin...ui....oau....unilaq......she will burn her HND certificate ni cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by bode004: 10:07am On Jul 16, 2016
Nice comments from you guys..

Inaddition, remember that with the situation in this country,

Both HND and BSc are suffering right now..

No job, no salary, strike everywhere, no security, no money etc...

And still thousands graduating every month.

We need to think and find something meaningful doing instead of waiting for

Ghost job.

Above all, the best is to make it and be comfortable..

Let me teach you how to make extra 100k in a month.

1 Like

Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2016
mayorgt:

Baba go upgrade your self. Most of ur polytechnic lectures do go to uni so Dat dey can meet up wt requirement. Get exposed.

Guess you fell from the sky.....advise you bleach your brain so you'd understand better

1 Like

Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by samwise99(m): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2016
moscobabs:
U never make any sense op

No 1...u only gave university curriculum but what's Polytechnic curriculum?

and you are comparing what you can't define.

No 2....Structure?
How many polytechnics have u visited?
hope u r not comparing Poly Ibadan structure with that of AAU or OOU abi they are not universities?

No 3...Courses?

So only Law,Medicine and Arch are top of courses in the country What happen to Accounting , Engineering courses and others? Is there any Professional body tougher than ICAN in Nigeria? OK me the % of University graduates that passed ICAN in one seat

No 4...Mode of Dressing ? what is have to do with the topic sef ...but op how many polytechnics u don visit o?

No 5... Academics staff.- This is the only good point u made in your topic but I remember my Rector in Ibadan Poly was Prof. Alabi deputized by Alh Balogun FCA in 2002/03

op...go and look for job with your university certificate!!!

Lol

Let's just know that medicine and law are top courses.
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:10am On Jul 16, 2016
mayor10:

#polytechnic students are so local and most of em have the same mind set#i was once a polytechnic Student#yabatech to be precise#now in unilag studying the same course and i can tell you the difference is so very clear.

I know great products of yabatech....better no let dem ko serz beating fun e for this trash you jus said
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by BornnAgainChild(f): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2016
Enrichlee:
Gbam! Ratification indeed...now u just prove the OP right

If no one is sorry for you....I sure am,. I swear
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by samwise99(m): 10:14am On Jul 16, 2016
Rilwon:
cheesy

Picture from a polytechnic in Nigeria grin

Lwkmd

Your own worst
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by kabanayol9(m): 10:15am On Jul 16, 2016
University or Polytechnic, has dat one gotten u a job right now in Nigeria, bro i beg chill, it's just God's grace.
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by sesaan(m): 10:23am On Jul 16, 2016
moscobabs:
U never make any sense op

No 2....Structure?
hope u r not comparing Poly Ibadan structure with that of AAU or OOU abi they are not universities?

No 3...Courses?

So only Law,Medicine and Arch are top of courses in the country What happen to Accounting , Engineering courses and others? Is there any Professional body tougher than ICAN in Nigeria? OK me the % of University graduates that passed ICAN in one seat

No 4...Mode of Dressing ? what is have to do with the topic sef ...but op how many polytechnics u don visit o?

No 5... Academics staff.- This is the only good point u made in your topic but I remember my Rector in Ibadan Poly was Prof. Alabi deputized by Alh Balogun FCA in 2002/03

op...go and look for job with your university certificate!!!
grin[quote author=moscobabs post=47586414]U never make any sense op

No 2....Structure?

No 3...Courses?

No body go say him mama soup no sweet.. but d truth is that uni better pass.. why b say even if u grad with upper credit in poly u must do PGD in d uni there r alot of courses in d uni that poly guys never did eg solid state physics, material science, astrophysics etc all poly guys know about is mechanics n electronics... guy ploy no near uni at all.. the best of the best can be found in uni.. i dont think there r professors in uni.. with my 2/2 i fit lecture for poly
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by Imoghena: 10:24am On Jul 16, 2016
Its actually not about which is better....the focus should be there products...we see today, university graduates who you would need to be sure they even attended sec.sch not to talk of uni....same is obtainable in the poly.....It has to do with the individual students themselves. Its personal development and God's grace that wins it....
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 16, 2016
Not again! undecided
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by jamalnation(m): 10:26am On Jul 16, 2016
Don't understand why these comparism all the time. X is better than Y mentality.
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by freemanjay: 10:31am On Jul 16, 2016
TO ALL JAMBITES INSTEAD OF WASTING TIME AT HOME HERE IS A GOOD NEWS---NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY ANNOUNCES PREDEGREE ADMISSION--http://gisttrack.com.ng/niger-delta-university-announces-predegree-admission/
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by jahsharon: 10:42am On Jul 16, 2016
I have ND and HND from two different polytechnics, I also have PGD and Masters from two different universities. Polytechnics and universities are different. But, if you bring out two students with the same I.Q. and send one to the polytechnic and the other to the university, then a HND holder would have acquired more knowledge in his field of study than the corresponding BSc holder in the same field because universities run different syllabuses from the polytechnics.

If you ask why employers request more for university graduates, I will ask you why some employers are discriminating against state universities. Recently, one unfortunate bank (banki oloriburuku) called Access Bank which main job is money laundering and authority stealing placed an advert requesting for only U.K. university graduates. These are students who could not pass JAMB here in Nigeria (not all of them though), their parents then sent them abroad, now the unfortunate Access Bank said these graduates are now better than Nigerian university graduates that endured unpaid lecturers' anger, candle light reading, dilapidated facilities and social unrest.

3 Likes

Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by Bright50135(m): 10:44am On Jul 16, 2016
All dsame,na God win
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by lahrcool4slam(f): 10:48am On Jul 16, 2016
All the points stated are just mere written statement that has no judgemental effect on the subject of discussion, which is where most people are lacking a better understanding about the two (HND & BCs)certificates. I won't say much but will employ the OP to carryout a more better and concrete Research on the topic.
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by reality2019(m): 10:51am On Jul 16, 2016
the most important thing is how much did God bless ur certificate, that is getting a good job matters a lot.u people should stop this unnecessary argurment.
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by FuckYouMods: 10:55am On Jul 16, 2016
sethxy:
U should never underate a poly student, cos some are more grounded than the university students... The polytechnic also has its advantages....
U jst hit d point @bolded
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by StreetMedia: 10:56am On Jul 16, 2016
Such rubbish making Fp in the course to drive traffic... Very soon the trumpet go sound and everybody go rest.
Op Thunder fire your analysis there . How much dey ur account?
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by Sportay: 10:58am On Jul 16, 2016
Am a proud Plateau State Polytechnic Barkin Ladi graduate, ur and my destiny does not depend on the type of schools we passed Tru, as far as am concerned, school is school and results is results.

Oya, click like if u feel this yearn. Aluta continua

3 Likes

Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by taiwo3489(m): 11:06am On Jul 16, 2016
BornnAgainChild:

I know great products of yabatech....better no let dem ko serz beating fun e for this trash you jus said

My sister, I saw it just don't want to talk. Am a student of yabatech and I had to become a student of unilag just because of this unnecessary discrimination but I can tell you that as concern yabatech and unilag, yabatech will always beat them hands down.

Reason not far fetch, running two courses simultaneously might look difficult to some people but I can tell you am doing well because of the training I have received in yabatech, and if you must know, you cannot miss lecture in yabatech (QS dept to be precise) and write exam but I can count number of times I have miss lecture in unilag just to satisfy my lectures in yabatech and I can tell you am doing better than my course mate in unilag.
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by dadabashua1(m): 11:08am On Jul 16, 2016
BornnAgainChild:

What fact is basic heremy dear abeg follow who know road
you are right,i guess the person that knows the road better is the one that have passed through both of d systems
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by ojuu4u(m): 11:14am On Jul 16, 2016
DeKen:

Your grammar also has issues.

Thank God you didn't disagree that you committed blunders, even though you had university certificate and so many professors taught you when were in the university. This shows not by university you attendend but "you yourself".
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by moscobabs(m): 11:20am On Jul 16, 2016
maadman:
Fayose..Ibadan poly.. Need I say more?

Aregbesola is from Ibadan poly too.... wetin u want talk?
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by begwong: 11:28am On Jul 16, 2016
Through out my undergrad days at the University, all my lecturers were master degree holders. All those profs are busy running personal businesses/chasing politicians delegating the Jnr lecturers to cover for them.
Na uni cert go give u chop for naija? Na who u sabi oooo. Have a friend wit only school cert earning over 100k in a multinational while we dey carry placard for streets with our University first class looking for job. Abeg make una park well with this degree ish biko. Shoe shiner dey hammer than most grads of nowadays sef!
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 16, 2016
habby51:
Dis are the factors that makes Universities rated than Polytechnics;

1. CURRICULUM: University education in Nigeria, like in other developing countries, is to produce graduates grounded in generic skill and, quality education for the nation's economic development. University curriculum therefore, reflect research about what works, as opposed to what is popular today or tomorrow. This
implies that the curriculum content enable students to attain the
society's expectations, and perhaps most importantly, their needs.

2. STRUCTURES: Most Nigerian Universities have outstanding structures and academic environment more than that of Polytechnic. Most of Polytechnics structures are not up to standard, even most of the buildings in some polytechnics are of old structures.

3. COURSES: Universities run more courses than Polytechnics. Most top professional courses are studied at university level e.g Medicine, Law, Architecture, etc. Though we have Legal studies in replacement of law, SLT in replacement of medicine in Polytechnics, and Architect. But are not well recognise.

4. MODE OF DRESSING: Corporate dressing can be seen in most Nigerian Universities, especially the so called private Universities. Also most of courses run by university has there code of dressing e.g Medicine, Engineering, and Law.

5. ACADEMIC PERFORMERS: Most outstanding students can be seen at Universities, compared to Polytechnics. Most of the Universities are more strict. You hardly bribe lecturers cause many are Professors so, is what u write that you get in most cases. Unlike polytechnics where you easy bribe lecturers to have distinction or upper credit.

6. ACADEMIC STAFFS: Least you can see in Universities as a lecturer is a Doctor (Ph .D). A masters holding can only be of an assistant. Most Seniors lecturers are Professors. While the highest you can get in a polytechnics is a Doctor ( Rector), others are MSc, B. sc or HND holder

I don't know about other polytechnics, but fedpolyAdo is better than most of the university in the country in all standard
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by Vick4rill(m): 11:36am On Jul 16, 2016
hahaha. OP! you see, the one thing a man value so much is his ego.once u bring anytin that will make him look down on himself he reacts in self defence. believe me, every single individuals that protested against this post know deep down inside their heart that university is better down poly. but the problem is the egoistical nature of man!! even those who are drop out and secondarians that usually insult and battered graduate about been unemployed are also doing so cus of their ego or to console themselves. the fact is that statistically how many of them are really living better than the graduates they insult.? some of them are typing this trash from shops nt worth 50k bt yet they insults u who spend hundred of thousands in skul. if opening all this mini shops is one goal anybody who went through the university can do it. is jst that mindset of thinking big. so op. next time jst tell them that poly is better than university so that everybody can be happy and live with a lie.
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by Adeyinka1758(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2016
U tried tho but that's not true.
Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by kayusbrown(m): 11:41am On Jul 16, 2016
sammyscholar:
It has always been my wish that I rebut most of the shallow submissions most of you guys make on this issue but I have come to realize that I have more important issues to focus on and the major of which is to proffer workable solutions to myriad of challenges facing our dear country. The day of reckoning is coming soon, anyway.

Save your energy bro. The dichotomy issue graduated recently from being an argument about academic superiority to mundane issues such as which of the two types of institutions have the sexiest babes. grin

These are the main reasons topics like this will always come up from time to time:

1. Inferiority complex: Majority of graduates on both sides suffer from this.

2. Unemployment: The competition for the few jobs available is fierce. Sidelining some will be an advantage.

3. Survival: Many are presently benefiting unjustifiably from the dichotomy. Ending the dichotomy and leveling the playing field will translate to job loss and demotion for many.

4. Primordial Sentiments against Technical Education: Technical education is perceived, since earliest times and till today, as education designed only for the poor and less privileged in the society. Germany and China are the two powerful countries that are seriously against this sentiment. Today, Germany leads in Europe and China leads the world.

1 Like

Re: Six Things That Makes Nigeria Universities Better Than Polytechnics by adecares(f): 11:44am On Jul 16, 2016
I agree to all except the Academic performance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

N45m For The Family Of Electrocuted Oluchi Anekwe UNILAG Student As Compensation / Why Do MOST Nigerian Parents Rush Their Kids Through School? / Nigerian Universities Compared With Football Clubs, The Result Is Amazing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.