Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,300 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:23 AM

7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake (853 Views)

Pastor Tommy Clark Uploads Gay Photo Of Him Kissing Another Man By Mistake / 7 Major Causes Of Break-ups Of Today’s Relationships / 10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Date A Nigerian Guy Of Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by 0ubenji(m): 7:01am On Jul 16, 2016
Maximum inventions have been made by scientists and
researchers who had some idea in their brains which
cooked up to create some extraordinary inventions.
Amazingly in many cases things were invented by accident
and unbelievingly now we cannot even think our life without
it. Everyone on this list may not be a scientist but they had
enough luck to invent the product.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

#1- Coca –Cola

A pharmacist towards the end of the 19th century named
John Pemberton invented a medicine with cocaine in it
which healed your headache in no time. Even when the
cocaine was removed from the list of ingredients the
customers found it to be very delicious and therefore it was
made available to the people in the form of a beverage what
we know in short as Coke.

Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by Wizzyblack3(m): 7:02am On Jul 16, 2016
Alrit.. Go on
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by Eeser: 7:05am On Jul 16, 2016
OK... We are waiting
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by 0ubenji(m): 7:05am On Jul 16, 2016
#2- Cornflakes
The Kellogg brothers always wanted to invent some dietary food which would be healthy as well as enjoyed by their patients. Accidentally one night Will Kellogg left a boiled pot of corn to harden all through the night. Next morning when they woke up they found out their accidental invention of cornflakes.

Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by 0ubenji(m): 7:07am On Jul 16, 2016
#3- Potato chips
A New York based restaurants chef was once working in his kitchen when a customer came over and complained that his French fries were very thick. Saratoga Spring specialized in French fries only. After receiving the complaint the chef George Crum made much thinner fries which still couldn’t satisfy the customer. Out of anger George cut up potatoes in paper thin slices and sent him which he liked.

Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by 0ubenji(m): 7:07am On Jul 16, 2016
toposi4naija:
I don't want to believe coca-cola's story....I heard it was a woman that was selling a drink in a small sachet....then a rich man bought it......according to the tales I heard
Bro..I advice u to bliv this one..
I always knew who discovered/invented coca-cola...only got to knw of recent that he actually discovered it by accident
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by sinaj(f): 7:07am On Jul 16, 2016
Lemme settle here
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by Nobody: 7:08am On Jul 16, 2016
I don't want to believe coca-cola's story....I heard it was a woman that was selling a drink in a small sachet....then a rich man bought it......according to the tales I heard
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by Joshkid(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2016
Wow!
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by Rexhenrex(m): 7:09am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by edbor(m): 7:13am On Jul 16, 2016
go on
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by 0ubenji(m): 7:13am On Jul 16, 2016
#4-Popsicles.
Popsicles were actually created by Frank Epperson when he was an 11 year old. He decided to make his own version of the soda with powder and water. By mistake he kept his mixture in his balcony and when he woke up next day he found it to take the form of a Popsicle.

Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by ednut1(m): 7:14am On Jul 16, 2016
microwave oven nko
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by 0ubenji(m): 7:18am On Jul 16, 2016
#5-Super glue

Harry Coover jr. conducted a research on types of glues for
producing clear plastic gun sights. Later on he noticed that
the materials he was experimenting with had great adhesive
quality thereby ending up in producing glue.
-------------------------------------------------------------

#6- Tea bags

Thomas Sullivan an American tea entrepreneur once
decided not to send his customers tea in a traditional way
but instead packed in silk bags. Accidentally the clients
assumed that they have to dip the bag to make tea thereby
inventing tea bags.

Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by 0ubenji(m): 7:18am On Jul 16, 2016
# 7-Microwave oven.

Percy Spencer when he was in navy he experimented with
some microwave emitters. He realized soon that the chocolate
in his pocket had started to melt thereby inventing ovens.

Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by firstking01(m): 7:24am On Jul 16, 2016
Keep em rolling...educative.
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by Godswillnwaoma(m): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2016
If all these were invented due to mistake then what will stop me from becoming an entrepreneur who sees with his third eyes.

God please see me through and also pick my call.

Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 16, 2016
0ubenji:

Bae..I advice u to bliv this one..
I always knew who discovered/invented coca-cola...only got to knw of recent that he actually discovered it by accident
okay bro....am noht 'bae'
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by 0ubenji(m): 7:40am On Jul 16, 2016
toposi4naija:
okay bro....am noht 'bae'
Choi..no vex...my phone..lolz
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by rawpadgin(m): 8:04am On Jul 16, 2016
OK, cool
I need to discover something too
Re: 7 Useful Inventions Of Today That Were Discovered By Mistake by mhisbliss(f): 8:18am On Jul 16, 2016
This is worth fp, nice one op

(1) (Reply)

Two Homosexuals Escape Jungle Justice In Enugu / ... / If You Were In This Romantic Situation What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.