Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? (90271 Views)

5 Ghanaian Musicians Who Need Fashion And Style Lessons / 3 Nigerian Musicians Who Love To Flaunt Their Smoking Lifestyle / Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by tennyson10: 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
hinohsend:
The richest celeb in the world is a musician,but the average footballer is richer than the average musician.
The Richest musician in the world isn't even worth half of Michael Jordan ' $1billion ' . Even in Nigeria ,wizkid and the likes see Obafemi martins who isn't even the highest paid footballer as a boss.

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Blackeard(m): 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
Definitely Musicians
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Wolf06: 5:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
The best way to solve this argument is we do it this way, visit a recognized site like Wikipedia or Forbes, add up the 'networth' of top 5 footballers divide result by 5, do the same for musicians. Whichever result comes higher wins the rift
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
mikejegede:
HOW THEY RATE THEM..
1).DRUG DEALERS
2).OIL TYCOONS
3).POLITICIANS
4).SPORT ATLETES
5).ENTERTAINERS..
U nor add entrepreneurs like bill gates and Carlos Smith and dangote. Ur list is very wrong.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by OHIsIManuEL(m): 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:

Ronaldo can decide to earn 120m every year by just kicking the ball around, can same be said of Taylor Swift or any other artiste?
na really decide, he won't go for trainings, suffer injuries, and taylor swift will make so much money from singing nonsense for 4mins

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Decale: 5:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:

Beyonce will earn 4million dollars for sweating her ass off in shows and studios

Rooney will earn that amount doing nothing

Cheers

Both sweat their ass off even more footballers.
Footballers play an average of 45 - 50 games in 9 months, go for national competitions and club friendlies. They also work out every week, miss holidays and go through body conditioning in order to keep fit

Musicians do less to earn more. Ask fat musicians like Rick Ross, Fat Joe, DJ Khaled, etc. They may only release 5 - 10 songs a year and still make money than an average footballer. They get paid by sitting down and watching people stream their songs and videos. What of soundtracks, game songs, royalties, chips off shares, etc. Dem yapa.

Kanye just ventured into football, signed his own deal with Nike. Doesn't that tell you how successful musicians can be even if they diverse into the so called sport? Musicians are even paid to perform in opening ceremonies of football competitions, even the official theme song, etc.

Do you know any footballer that's worth $1bn? No, but I can give you 3 or more musicians from heart.
The highest earning tour was by U2 where they made $800m+ in a year. Footballers don see that kind money

Please, accept your loss and don't argue blindly

2 Likes

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by kendrick93(m): 6:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
Just to clarify once once more, d richest football star is worth $320m. Thats a meagre sum compared to the richest musician.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by dopeJemi: 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
obontami2:

Dude what u posted makes no sense ( no offense)

You mean rooney won't have to kick a ball, go to training, try to be always fit, pushing hard to score goals, even play match on public holidays like Christmas and sundays at times ??

Ok all rooney does is to sit at home week in week out and make millions, SMH

Even if rooney started earning for 400k a week he still won't be as rich as queen bey, or you forgot all the 300k he earn wasn't hes alone that dude still has tax to pay other wise he will be chilling in jail

Even ronaldo their baba is not as rich as beyonce talKless of rooney #Fact

I'll sum it up for you in just one sentence

Rooney with two broken legs will earn such amount doing nothing

Now tell me, how does someone with two broken legs train and push hard to score goals? He won't stop earning until his contract is terminated
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by princeade86(m): 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:
Rooney earns 300k pounds a week, name one musician that earns that in a month and you have your answer
bring out the networth of richest footballer and compare it to the networth if 5th richest musician. forget about ur weekly bla bla bla
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by OHIsIManuEL(m): 6:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
Wolf06:
The best way to solve this argument is we do it this way, visit a recognized site like Wikipedia or Forbes, add up the 'networth' of top 5 footballers divide result by 5, do the same for musicians. Whichever result comes higher wins the rift
networth is different from highest paid
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by genuineone: 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nigerians too like argument, the richest footballer- C ronaldo-$230M, the richest musician-Paul McCartney-$1.2B.
So why una dey confused.

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by OHIsIManuEL(m): 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
tennyson10:
The Richest musician in the world isn't even worth half of Michael Jordan ' $1billion ' . Even in Nigeria ,wizkid and the likes see Obafemi martins who isn't even the highest paid footballer as a boss.

sorry, you said what?
google Paul McCartney with networth of $1.2b, don't come here and say what you don't know
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
STFUareyouG0d:
maybe not rated
That list isnt how much theyre worth, its how much they made in 2016
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by TheAziz: 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
footballers for sure, if you no play for 1year you go still dey collect your cool cash so far say you still get contract. make any artist no sing for just one year, e go hear am.. Emmanuel Adebayor is a living witness, Tottenham suffer no be small

2 Likes

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jul 16, 2016
adexsimply:
forgive me, but how can Taylor Swift be the richest at 200million when Floyd Mayweather's net worth is 400 million?
she is not the richest, thats how much she made in 2016
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
Conpare d top 5 richest musicians and footballers in d world then u get ur ansa which is equal to musicians earn more
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by shegra58: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
PROVERBZ:
am pretty sure drake would earn 4 times that in a day by just hosting a concert
and how many time is he hosting concert in a month? Cos I'm sure they can go 6months without a concert...Note cr7 just bought one of the most expensive car in the world to celebr8 euro victory undecided
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by tennyson10: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
OHIsIManuEL:

sorry, you said what?
google Paul McCartney with networth of $1.2b, don't come here and say what you don't know

I just googled it as u said. Please learn to read well and stop acting like an illiterate.

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by dopeJemi: 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
Decale:

Both sweat their ass off even more footballers.
Footballers play an average of 45 - 50 games in 9 months, go for national competitions and club friendlies. They also work out every week, miss holidays and go through body conditioning in order to keep fit

Musicians do less to earn more. Ask fat musicians like Rick Ross, Fat Joe, DJ Khaled, etc. They may only release 5 - 10 songs a year and still make money than an average footballer. They get paid by sitting down and watching people stream their songs and videos. What of soundtracks, game songs, royalties, chips off shares, etc. Dem yapa.

Kanye just ventured into football, signed his own deal with Nike. Doesn't that tell you how successful musicians can be even if they diverse into the so called sport? Musicians are even paid to perform in opening ceremonies of football competitions, even the official theme song, etc.

Do you know any footballer that's worth $1bn? No, but I can give you 3 or more musicians from heart.
The highest earning tour was by U2 where they made $800m+ in a year. Footballers don see that kind money

Please, accept your loss and don't argue blindly

Like I said, a footballer with two broken legs, HIV, cancer will still earn what he earns

It seems you don't know how this music game goes down, if it was by music alone, rick Ross, birdman and the rest won't be raking such amounts in their bank accounts

I dare you to name one single musician that is worth a billion dollars that he earned through his music, the only music billionaire we have is dr Dre(correct me if i'm wrong) and he earned that through a business deal, not his music

If musicians don't do shows, concerts, release songs, they won't make much, it's more like eating so I won't die

A top earning footballer might get his leg amputated and still earn what he used to earn until his contract is terminated

Luke shaw got injured for 10months and was still getting paid, let an artiste go silent for 5 months and don't release hit songs let's see how far he goes while not having any business aside

4 Likes

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Raymarkable(m): 6:12pm On Jul 16, 2016
sinceraconcept:
Musicians joor. Why must you compare A-list footballers with B-list musicians? Compare the likes of Ronaldo and Beckham with Diddy with around $700million,Cher,Elton John,Bono $1bilion dollars in 2015,Dr Dre with 700 million dollar plus networth, Madonna,Justin Bieber,Miley Cyrus.  Compare B-list footballers also with the likes of Luda,Chris Brown,TI,Nelly,Drake,Rick Ross. Compare C-list footballers with the likes of French Montana,Wiz Khalifa,Meek Mill etc
you make a valid argument. honestly I don't know who would make more. I know this sports guys make a humugus am out of money
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
kendrick93:
beyonce made upto 250m on her world tour last year....Just like that other poster said,top megastars like eminem,bey,jay z,madonna,usher,bieber will triple rooney's 2yrs salary just by goin holding a world tour
THE 250 beyonce made will be divided. her money wnt go above 100 million. the rest are for back up dancers, tour planners, producers, manager, her brand and so on. apart from weekly wages of footballers, according to dailymail, lionel messi earns 1.7 million euros a week after tax. match bonus, weekly wage and personal brands. now calculate 6.8 million euros times 12. and compare it to the dollars beyonce earns even though the money will be divided. mind u the 6.8million euros which is equal to 81.6 million euros is excluding endorsement money from about 10 different brands. and do not 4get dat euro is higher than dollars. bro the real money footballers earn is secretive bcaus of tax.

3 Likes

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by princeade86(m): 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
DatBossAssChick:

From the picture above, the op is talking about Nigerians.
den compare eyimba footballer to ordinary iyanya.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by pamcode(m): 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
On the whole it Footballers but sometimes it could be that the richest musician could earn more than the richest footballer in a particular year
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by shegra58: 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
Sunofgod:
In the short term footballers.....but long term its musicians due to perpetual royalties!

- Michael Jackson is still getting paid, so is 2Pac and Biggie.

- Sunday Oliseh is harassing the NFF over the equivalent of $2459!
go internationally bro your point is one sided undecided
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by buoye1(m): 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
PROVERBZ:
while his not hosting concerts he releases an album or single from which sales of this songs add to his income all through out the year
Youre right though but i feel top footballers are richer than top artists
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by OHIsIManuEL(m): 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
tennyson10:

I just googled it as u said. Please learn to read well and stop acting like an illiterate.
what of Andrew Lloyd
Webber with $1.2b too?
i wonder who is acting like an illiterate or actually an illiterate, myself or the person that brought Michael Jordan's name into a debate of musicians and footballers.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
kendrick93:
Just to clarify once once more, d richest football star is worth $320m.
Thats a meagre sum compared to the richest musician.
u must be joking go check d networth of diddy n jay z
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by EROMS38(m): 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:
Rooney earns 300k pounds a week, name one musician that earns that in a month and you have your answer
my broda u just said my mind. Godbless u

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Perfectionist11: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
Obviously its footballers but I think the guys are overpaid..they don't save life..football on its own is fun 2 participate in...

In an ideal world,Medical Doctors should be the ones earning d highest money..They save lifes.

But unfortunately,we do not live in an ideal world.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by acenazt: 6:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
stylochime:

Top 10 Richest Celebs 2016( Forbes)
Taylor Swift(musician) $170M
One Direction(music Band) $110M
James Petterson( Author) $95M
Dr Phil McGraw( Personality) $88M
Cristiana Ronaldo( Footballer) $88M
Kevin Hart (Actor/Comedien)$87.5M
Horward Stern ( Personality) $85M
Lionel Messi ( Footballer) $81.5M
Adele ( Musician) $80.5M
Rush Limbaugh ( Personality) $79M
Yeah swift is also an A lister along side riri n d others
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by dopeJemi: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
OHIsIManuEL:

na really decide, he won't go for trainings, suffer injuries, and taylor swift will make so much money from singing nonsense for 4mins

Footballers don't even go on tours, but I bet ronaldo would make more than 300m going on tour, ronaldo would make more than 100m by just juggling a round object in front of fans
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Jethrolite(m): 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:

Ronaldo can decide to earn 120m every year by just kicking the ball around, can same be said of Taylor Swift or any other artiste?
Taylor makes her money by singing which is a lot less strenuous than kicking a ball around, by the way, have you played competitive football in your life? You think it's just about kicking a ball around? Besides this argument is not about whose money is harder to make but who makes more.

Musicians are in a different league when it comes to making money. Just tell me the richest footballer you know and I'll show you richer musicians.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Davido Smokes And Drinks Amid Breakup Rumors With Chioma (Photos) / Nigerians Mob Fake Wizkid At Shoprite (video, Pics) / Anita Joseph, Your Sitting Position Is Unladylike - Fans Tell Actress (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.