Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,082 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? (90255 Views)

5 Ghanaian Musicians Who Need Fashion And Style Lessons / 3 Nigerian Musicians Who Love To Flaunt Their Smoking Lifestyle / Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by jeebz: 7:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by leanalyst: 7:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
Dav24:
let us look at this simple solution. Cristiano Ronaldo who is the highest earner in football has a net worth of $310 million while Puff Diddy who is outside top 4 in music has $750 million. you can check the rest
Haaa calm doin now. P diddy is in a different league and you know how long it took him to amass the wealth.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Decale: 7:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
ireneony:
guy wen you wanna talk about record companies dont forget to state those that sponsor sports(all are billionaires)
Compared to those you named above..

Read through my comment again.
I compared may weather with justin bierber grin
Same A list celeb.

A literate and a man with wisdom (good reasoning/thinking ) would know what I'm implying.

The only demerit in football/soccer is; the players only got a short term for success.

Think again.

Ignorant. Lol

You don't know the billionaires and concluded they're record companies.
You then forgot the topic of discourse, FOOTBALLERS and took up BOXING about a dude that fell out of top 50 earners in 2016. Someone that Kim Kardashian earns more than. Lmao

A retired musician or a dead will still make money from music than a FOOTBALLER.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Princepoint(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
both re earning with time if they don't invest
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by jovialswag(m): 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
who them EPP
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
Rick9:
What an ignorant question, a kindergarten knows that footballers earn higher, than Musicians. Footballers earn weekly.
u re d only ignorant I see here
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by ireneony(f): 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
Decale:

Ignorant. Lol

You don't know the billionaires and concluded they're record companies.
You then forgot the topic of discourse, FOOTBALLERS and took up BOXING about a dude that fell out of top 50 earners in 2016. Someone that Kim Kardashian earns more than. Lmao

A retired musician or a dead will still make money from music than a FOOTBALLER.
go check my last post..
Your analysis is flawed..
Lloyd webber is 68yrs old worth 715m usd
While michael Jordan is worth 1.14b usd.

Guy u are not informed at all.

Don't take my gender for granted cos i know more than you.

What diabolical words did you just say?
Kim Kardashian worth more than May weather?
Don't tell me you are high on oshogbo weed.
Mey weather is worth more than 300million dollar.
Kim is worth 100million dollar.
The Kardashians empire (kim,knoutney,kris,kylie,kendall and rob)are all close to 300million$.

Get your fact right!

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by leanalyst: 7:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
AnonyNymous:
Musicians hands down. Justin Bieber made $80 million in 2014 without releasing any music.
Problem is that musicians fortunes dwindle. They can make $80mills dis year and make $10mills next year. A footballer continues to make what he makes as long as his contract runs. Football wealth is more stable as long as is still active.

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Decale: 7:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
ireneony:
go check my last post..
Your analysis is flawed..
Lloyd webber is 68yrs old worth 715m usd
While michael Jordan is worth 1.14b usd.

Guy u are not informed at all.

Don't take my gender for granted cos i know more than you.

And for the last time, we're comparing musicians and FOOTBALLERS!!!!!

You'd have a case if the thread was about basketball cos they make more money than football

P.S Don't insult Lloyd Webber with your sources. He's worth $1.2bn. Forbes put him at $997million in.2015. Your source no go pass Wikipedia where people edit posts anyhow. And you claim you know more than me.

Lol

EDIT: Your problem is you can't comprehend simple English. We're discussing earnings in a year, you brought up basketball, boxing and then went to net worth. Let me help you with English:

Earnings this year: Kardashian> Mayweather
Net worth : The reverse

Please read the topic and understand my arguments before replying, thanks
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Damikevin(m): 7:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
PROVERBZ:
am pretty sure drake would earn 4 times that in a day by just hosting a concert
Tell him oooo! Drake's OVO fest has the propensity to inject btw 5m - 20mdollars into Canada's economy. Jonh terry with all his has done, is just worth 40million dollars. Musician are jus extravagant with their spending, thats the problem. Tell me one footballer that's worth Jay z, Dr Dre, or P diddy money. If you play football in England, you are broke, cos tax gone kill you! So let them not even start calling EPL players. Beyonce and Jay concert raked in 100million dollars.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by beautycrush24(f): 7:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
Who be musician? undecided
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by obontami2: 7:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:

I'll sum it up for you in just one sentence

Rooney with two broken legs will earn such amount doing nothing

Now tell me, how does someone with two broken legs train and push hard to score goals? He won't stop earning until his contract is terminated

And if beyonce don't perform live on stage that doesn't stop her money pailing up. Remember she can make money from album sales, endorsements, clothing line and her perfume line, etc grin youtube is still gonna pay her for the huge views she gets

According to forbes beyonce is $265 million rich while rooney is $105 million rich. Which literally means queen bey is $160million richer than wayne grin

Even birdman is richer than rooney. I have not even made mention of folks like diddy,dr.dre,mariah carey,jayz and madonna
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by obontami2: 7:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
Damikevin:
Tell him oooo! Drake's OVO fest has the propensity to inject btw 5m - 20mdollars into Canada's economy. Jonh terry with all his has done, is just worth 40million dollars. Musician are jus extravagant with their spending, thats the problem. Tell me one footballer that's worth Jay z, Dr Dre, or P diddy money. If you play football in England, you are broke, cos tax gone kill you! So let them not even start calling EPL players. Beyonce and Jay concert raked in 100million dollars.
my brother tell 'em Oooooo

Diddy is richer than messi and ronaldo combined grin
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by funtanherb(m): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
A critical thinker will understand that a musician at the peak of his or her career will earn what a footballer will earn in his life time in one year, this question is not meant for Nigerians where piracy and quack musicians is celebrated
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by ireneony(f): 7:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Decale:

And for the last time, we're comparing musicians and FOOTBALLERS!!!!!

You'd have a case if the thread was about basketball cos they make more money than football

P.S Don't insult Lloyd Webber with your sources. He's worth $1.2bn. Forbes put him at $997million in.2015. Your source no go pass Wikipedia where people edit posts anyhow. And you claim you know more than me.

Lol

EDIT: Your problem is you can't comprehend simple English. We're discussing earnings in a year, you brought up basketball, boxing and then went to net worth. Let me help you with English:

Earnings this year: Kardashian> Mayweather
Net worth : The reverse

Please read the topic and understand my arguments before replying, thanks
stop confusing yourself.
Like i wrote earlier in this thread, "the question is sport vs music".
You cannot just single out football.
Lloyd webber is a composer; writer, singer, play dufferent intruments and a muscian.
Now to sport, there is soccer,golf,tennis,baseball etc.
Sport is generally make more money than music.
Take it or leave.
Still footballers earn more money than musicians.

You stated earlier about Nigeria musicians vs footballers. Mikel obi a D list footballer in Europe earn more than the A list musicians in Nigeria with a big gap.
Why are you even talking about local Nigeria footballers. You and i know there is nothing to write home about the Nigeria football league.
The only industry that function well in entertainment in nigeria is the music industry.
You comparing nigeria musicians (most of them which live fake life) with our shitty sport system is flawed.

Pls next time reason with logic.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by charlove(m): 7:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
ashewo and olosho
who makes more money?
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by 5ircreepy(m): 7:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:
Rooney earns 300k pounds a week, name one musician that earns that in a month and you have your answer

Last year(2015) they said Taylor Swift earned $1 million everyday, so chill...
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Decale: 7:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
ireneony:
stop confusing yourself.
Lloyd webber is a composer; writer, singer, play dufferent intruments and a muscian.
Take it or leave.

You stated earlier about Nigeria musicians vs footballers. Mikel obi a D list footballer in Europe earn more than the A list musicians in Nigeria with a big gap.
Why are you even talking about local Nigeria footballers. You and i know there is nothing to write home about the Nigeria football league.
The only industry that function well in entertainment in nigeria is the music industry.
You comparing nigeria musicians (most of them which live fake life) with our shitty sport system is flawed.

There she goes again...
You just compared Mikel that plays professionally in U.K.to a musician that sings in Nigeria and you call yourself logical.
Do they play for the same market? Nope
Are they paid from the same market?'Nope
Why didn't you compare Mikel to a D lister like Rita Ora in U.K.? Or should we go higher to the likes of Ed Sheeran, Adele and One Direction, all in England? Lol..

Please check the list by Forbes of the highest paid celebrities in the world and tell me what position you'll find your "elite sports" like basketball, tennis and golf.

She says I'm the one that can't reason with logic? Please, do create a thread and we can argue about other sports. This one is about football
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by charlove(m): 7:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
ashewo and olosho
who make money pass?
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Firstlieutenant(m): 8:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
ireneony:
stop confusing yourself.
Take it or leave.

Seriously u dey here dey waste ya saliva. Saliva wen u 4 use digest a nice Saturday evening candlelight dinner with me by the beach grin
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by STILESGANG: 8:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
Top musicians like swift earn more than top footballers like ronaldo but the average footballer earns more than the average musician.

We have so many highly paid footballers but just few highly paid music artistes.

These are facts!
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
PROVERBZ:
am pretty sure drake would earn 4 times that in a day by just hosting a concert
but he would have to spend money to host,before getting d cash na.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by jennifer22(f): 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:

Buahahahahahahahahaha

That's a fat lie, now let's assume it's true, will drake host concerts everyday? Go check his net worth

Ronaldo is currently earning about 500k pounds a week, that is 1M pounds in two weeks, 2M pounds in a month, now do the math for a year, Ronaldo uses 1 to 2 weeks to get what drake gets from his shows and album sales

Abeg bros 500k pound is equivalent to how much in Nigeria?
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Sirmuel1(m): 8:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
acenazt:
Footballers oh. Except for A list Artists like
JayZ
Eminem
Enya
Beyounce
Dr dre
Yanni
Maddonna.

One direction, and Taylor swift earn more than this people. Check forbes list.

Well, I still go for footballers
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by kossyablaze(m): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:
Rooney earns 300k pounds a week, name one musician that earns that in a month and you have your answer
lol guy forget the weekly pay... A tyt album from a tyt artist, would gross wat a footballer wouldn't get in 2yrs....No footballer on earth is richer than Beyonce u know?
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by PROVERBZ(m): 8:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
jordanriverz:
but he would have to spend money to host,before getting d cash na.
what is a drop compared to an ocean??
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by collinometricx: 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Op Op Op
How many times I call you?? How can you compare Footballers with Musicians??
Even US musicians don't stand a chance.
You should be comparing Footballers with Money Ritualists
You deserve an E-Punch/Blow worth 100kg
na ur own i der
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by collinometricx: 8:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Op Op Op
na ur own i der
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by collinometricx: 8:21pm On Jul 16, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Op Op Op
na ur own i der
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by collinometricx: 8:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
Op Op Op
na ur own i der
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Mrbee21(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
MUSIC
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Mrbee21(m): 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
MUSICIANS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Davido Smokes And Drinks Amid Breakup Rumors With Chioma (Photos) / Nigerians Mob Fake Wizkid At Shoprite (video, Pics) / Anita Joseph, Your Sitting Position Is Unladylike - Fans Tell Actress (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.