Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,136 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? (90260 Views)

5 Ghanaian Musicians Who Need Fashion And Style Lessons / 3 Nigerian Musicians Who Love To Flaunt Their Smoking Lifestyle / Freeze Laments About Pentecostal Churches Who Make Members Pay Tithe With App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
Toluwarni:
That list isnt how much theyre worth, its how much they made in 2016
which still supports the fact musicians make more money
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by TPAND(f): 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
OHIsIManuEL:

lil wayne makes $1M per show, not to talk of tours, lil weezyana festivals, royalties and monies from drake and nicki minaj
even after the prime of his career, the mofo still gets paid,

That's a big fat lie dude. He earns $180k per show

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by mikejegede(m): 6:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
genuineone:

this is a wrong list, go and check George Lucas and Steven Spielberg net worth, which footballer get billions of dollars

Ok.If u say so..buh Which of them is richer than Roman Abramovich..
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Alexander001(m): 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
#1 Sean "Diddy" Combs: $750 M Call him Puff Daddy or Diddy—either way, he lived up to the name of his 2015 mixtape MMM (for alter ego Money Making Mitch), thanks mostly to his agreement with Diageo’s Ciroc vodka. Also valuable: stakes in his TV network Revolt, clothing line Sean John and alkaline water Aquahydrate. Continue »

#2 Andre “Dr. Dre” Young: $710 M Two years ago the superproducer’s Beats By Dr. Dre sale got him the largest one-off payday of any living musician in history; last year’s biopic Straight Outta Compton padded his coffers, too. Now he’s sitting on a nine-figure cash stash—and a jaw- dropping portfolio of southern California real estate—that even a billionaire would envy. Continue »

#3 Shawn "Jay Z" Carter: $610 M The Brooklyn-born rapper boasts a broad range of holdings, but this year it’s his Tidal streaming service driving the growth of his fortune. The company has had its share of growing pains, but with 3 million paid subscribers, it’s now worth an estimated three times more than its $56 million purchase price. Continue »

#4 Bryan “Birdman” Williams: $110 M The Cash Money chief moves up a spot despite the dip in his fortune, down from $140 million last year thanks to turmoil in his empire. Lil Wayne, Cash Money’s flagship artist, has slowed his once-frenetic release pace; rumors of his departure, along with fellow top acts Drake and Nicki Minaj, continue to swirl. Continue »

#5 Aubrey "Drake" Graham: $60 M Known to the world by his middle name, the Toronto native once said he planned to make $250 million by the time he was 29. He’s got a ways to go, but he’s on the right track with recurring multimillion-dollar paychecks from Nike, Sprite and Apple—and the final spot on this year’s Forbes Five
I got this from Forbes.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Skmoda360(m): 6:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
Mologi:
footballers are get money but has a short career span to earn more.....

mo n wa iyawo oo
what about after retirement he becomes a coach....money still keeps rolling in.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by dopeJemi: 6:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
Jethrolite:
Taylor makes her money by singing which is a lot less strenuous than kicking a ball around, by the way, have you played competitive football in your life? You think it's just about kicking a ball around? Besides this argument is not about whose money is harder to make but who makes more.

Musicians are in a different league when it comes to making money. Just tell me the richest footballer you know and I'll show you richer musicians.

Pounds, euros and dollars are not mates, that's all I have to say

You can check my previous posts for the answers you seek
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by ireneony(f): 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2016
mezynaija:
Today on Nairaland, I decided to bring to us this troubling question that keeps flaming augments between friends and their loved ones. Over the years this question keep coming up, but before it could be resolved, problem would arise between the both parts. So this is it, "Between Musicians and Footballers, who makes more money?

Drop your comments!!!

Copied from: http://www.jtownconnect.com/2016/07/review-between-footballers-and.html
don't just compare music with football.
The real question is sport vs music ..which earn more.
I will say sport.
Take michael Jordan, magic Johnson. .
These are sport legends they make cool money.
Michael jordan is the first sport self made billionaire.

Let forget abt that ..cos they are legends.

Let talk abt may weather the greatest boxer of 2000s
He earn $300m dollar just for one fight grin..while Justin bierber has to depend on abulm sales, tours and being a brand for products to earn half of what may weather would earn in just one fight.

Now lets talk about footballers and musicians.
An average footballers earn more than an average musicians.
Do you know you the reason why the media portray africa poor? is not because they are no rich people in Africa, but is because the wealth are not even distributed among her citizens.

Now back to the topic.
Unknown footballers earn more than upcoming musicians.
There are footballers you may had never heard of..but they make cool money unlike in music were you have to be known to earn big.

Hope you got the logic.

2 Likes

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Decale: 6:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:

Like I said, a footballer with two broken legs, HIV, cancer will still earn what he earns

It seems you don't know how this music game goes down, if it was by music alone, rick Ross, birdman and the rest won't be raking such amounts in their bank accounts

I dare you to name one single musician that is worth a billion dollars that he earned through his music, the only music billionaire we have is dr Dre(correct me if i'm wrong) and he earned that through a business deal, not his music

If musicians don't do shows, concerts, release songs, they won't make much, it's more like eating so I won't die

A top earning footballer might get his leg amputated and still earn what he used to earn until his contract is terminated

Luke shaw got injured for 10months and was still getting paid, let an artiste go silent for 5 months and don't release hit songs let's see how far he goes while not having any business aside

Lmao

Whether you sleep and get paid or you work hard, we both are still estimating how much at the end each makes in a year. A footballer who gets injured will still be involved in training every week. The 90 mins in the field is just a tiny fraction of the time a footballer world.

Even if you don't play again and still on contract, chances are your salary won't still be higher than a musician who gets income from royalties and streams. That's the undiluted truth.

If you use only football and music earrings, then Ronaldo only makes £20m/year. Does that look like it's higher than a boy band like One Direction's music earnings in a year let alone solo artistes? Solely music earnings will top solely football earnings by far and it's that it's still an understatement.

Dr Dre isn't billionaire, dude's not richer than Diddy sef. Billionaire artistes include the Phantom of opera guy,
Lloyd Webber, Madonna, Bono of U2, probably Paul McCartney.

You sef analyze am. The biggest earner in Africa, does he make more money than P-Square. That one too much, make we use Banky W?

Lol
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by OHIsIManuEL(m): 6:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
TPAND:

That's a big fat lie dude. He earns $180k per show
well I'm talking of shows, not club appearances, btw, Google is your friend
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Dav24(m): 6:31pm On Jul 16, 2016
let us look at this simple solution. Cristiano Ronaldo who is the highest earner in football has a net worth of $310 million while Puff Diddy who is outside top 4 in music has $750 million. you can check the rest
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by mikejegede(m): 6:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
MrTruth4real:

U nor add entrepreneurs like bill gates and Carlos Smith and dangote. Ur list is very wrong.

Dude those guys r self made...they gat business's.. (If that word is Correct (more than one).)except for bill whose an inventor..

your kinda ryt though.. only for inventors..
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by IEDA: 6:34pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:

Buahahahahahahahahaha

That's a fat lie, now let's assume it's true, will drake host concerts everyday? Go check his net worth

Ronaldo is currently earning about 500k pounds a week, that is 1M pounds in two weeks, 2M pounds in a month, now do the math for a year, Ronaldo uses 1 to 2 weeks to get what drake gets from his shows and album sales

who is this person¿....drake shouldn't be worth less than 75million dollars for someone who came into the music game in 2010....ronaldo already had a world best before drake started to dream of been in ymcmb....plus don't come here talking poo abeg,any footballer you want to compare with a musician should have started their career at the same time and experienced the same limelight...a poping artiste goes for a footballer in a top club...why re yhu comparing drake n ronaldo sef...why not drake n mikel obi besides mikel started way way before drake.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by TheAziz: 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
ireneony:
don't just compare music with football.
The real question is sport vs music ..which earn more.
I will say sport.
Take michael Jordan, magic Johnson. .
These are sport legends they make cool money.
Michael jordan is the first sport self made billionaire.

Let forget abt that ..cos they are legends.

Let talk abt may weather the greatest boxer of 2000s
He earn $300m dollar just for one fight grin..while Justin bierber has to depend on abulm sales, tours and being a brand for products to earn half of what may weather would earn in just one fight.

Do you know you the reason why the media portray africa poor? is not because they are no rich people in Africa, but is because the wealth are not even distributed among her citizens.

Now back to the topic.
There are footballers you may had never heard of..but they make cool money unlike in music were you have to be known to earn big.

Hope you got the logic.
mehn i respect this your opinion a lot, nice reasoning
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by dopeJemi: 6:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
Decale:

Lmao

Whether you sleep and get paid or you work hard, we both are still estimating how much at the end each makes in a year. A footballer who gets injured will still be involved in training every week. The 90 mins in the field is just a tiny fraction of the time a footballer world.

Even if you don't play again and still on contract, chances are your salary won't still be higher than a musician who gets income from royalties and streams. That's the undiluted truth.

If you use only football and music earrings, then Ronaldo only makes £20m/year. Does that look like it's higher than a boy band like One Direction's music earnings in a year let alone solo artistes? Solely music earnings will top solely football earnings by far and it's that it's still an understatement.

Dr Dre isn't billionaire, dude's not richer than Diddy sef. Billionaire artistes include the Phantom of opera guy,
Lloyd Webber, Madonna, Bono of U2, probably Paul McCartney.

You sef analyze am. The biggest earner in Africa, does he make more money than P-Square. That one too much, make we use Banky W?

Lol

Decale, I don tire to argue abeg, my hand don dey pain me

I go take my footballers, you take your musicians
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by TPAND(f): 6:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
OHIsIManuEL:

well I'm talking of shows, not club appearances, btw, Google is your friend

But man since you have the Google link, why not share for the world to see. Lil' Wayne makes $180k per show. Stop spreading false information here on nairaland. Adele has hot as she is at the moment collects $250k per show.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
acenazt:
Footballers oh. Except for A list Artists like
JayZ
Eminem
Enya
Beyounce
Dr dre
Yanni
Maddonna.
Kanye West
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by dopeJemi: 6:38pm On Jul 16, 2016
IEDA:
who is this person¿....drake shouldn't be worth less than 75million dollars for someone who came into the music game in 2010....ronaldo already had a world best before drake started to dream of been in ymcmb....plus don't come here talking poo abeg,any footballer you want to compare with a musician should have started their career at the same time and experienced the same limelight...a poping artiste goes for a footballer in a top club...why re yhu comparing drake n ronaldo sef...why not drake n mikel obi besides mikel started way way before drake.

Go to google, type "70million dollars in euros or pounds" and tell me what you come up with, for now, goodbye
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by femiphillips007(m): 6:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:

Like I said, a footballer with two broken legs, HIV, cancer will still earn what he earns

It seems you don't know how this music game goes down, if it was by music alone, rick Ross, birdman and the rest won't be raking such amounts in their bank accounts

I dare you to name one single musician that is worth a billion dollars that he earned through his music, the only music billionaire we have is dr Dre(correct me if i'm wrong) and he earned that through a business deal, not his music

If musicians don't do shows, concerts, release songs, they won't make much, it's more like eating so I won't die

A top earning footballer might get his leg amputated and still earn what he used to earn until his contract is terminated

Luke shaw got injured for 10months and was still getting paid, let an artiste go silent for 5 months and don't release hit songs let's see how far he goes while not having any business aside
Bro you just dey make noise..Justin Bieber made $120 million in 2014 without releasing any album
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
@Decale musicians get money pass skales got a deal dat worth 500m oga am an upcomin artist i know ur into music u know music can u be my manager or can u get a record deal 4 me plz i av my songs online
JIM JIM, BOUNCE & WINE AM plz oga help me u can check my profile 2 get my contacts plz
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Decale: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
ireneony:

Now back to the topic.

Hope you got the logic.

Still got everything wrong. How many artistes do you think you know except for the ones on YouTube?

The richest musician in the world, Lloyd Webber is unknown to you I bet. He's worth $1.2bn. Should I go on with others? Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Garth Brooks, Jimmy Buffet, Gene Artry are all richer than your boy wonder, Mayweather. The kind Mayweather didn't appear in top 50 this year after he retired, why? But but Michael Jackson is dead and still makes money. Lol

Let's come back to Nigeria
An average musician in Nigeria earns more than a professional footballer, I lie?
Even the local artiste by my street drives a Toyota Corolla just earning from performing in mediocre shows

Comparing upcoming musicians to footballers is apples and oranges. You compare noob artistes with academy players and local street athletes.

My dear, music is higher in earnings than football.

If to say this thread was about baseball and basketball players, small case for dey, lol

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by dopeJemi: 6:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
femiphillips007:

Bro you just dey make noise..Justin Bieber made $120 million in 2014 without releasing any album

And also by eating junk foods and snoring all day too right? Is album sales the only means artistes make money?

Guy later
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by OHIsIManuEL(m): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2016
TPAND:

But man since you have the Google link, why not share for the world to see. Lil' Wayne makes $180k per show. Stop spreading false information here on nairaland. Adele has hot as she is at the moment collects $250k per show.
turns out, i was wrong, but check forbes, he makes $600000, lil wayne and adele no be mate, hot or not
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by IEDA: 6:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:

Go to google, type "70million dollars in euros or pounds" and tell me what you come up with, for now, goodbye
before i do that how much is mikel worth¿....so i can come with the results quickly.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by OHIsIManuEL(m): 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
TPAND:

turns out, i was wrong, but check forbes, he makes $600000, or charges $110000 for 15mins of singing pussy and adele makes $750000
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Toofan007: 6:48pm On Jul 16, 2016
NovusHomo:

This is "Nairaland" sir. Here, you will find the biggest collection of unemployed and unemployable young Nigerians. Most other people visit for our daily dose of fun served by their idleness and tomfoolery. Wait for their reactions grin
yet you're here! Ain't that saying something!
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by femiphillips007(m): 6:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
dopeJemi:

And also by eating junk foods and snoring all day too right? Is album sales the only means artistes make money?

Guy later
Let me give you a reply before you go
Who MAKES more money between a musician and a footballer is the title of the thread..
May be next time you put on your spectacles to read better.
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by ireneony(f): 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
Decale:

Still got everything wrong. How many artistes do you think you know except for the ones on YouTube?

The richest musician in the world, Lloyd Webber is unknown to you I bet. He's worth $1.2bn. Should I go on with others? Bruce Springsteen, Sting, Garth Brooks, Jimmy Buffet, Gene Artry are all richer than your boy wonder, Mayweather. The kind Mayweather didn't appear in top 50 this year after he retired, why? Lol

Let's come back to Nigeria
An average musician in Nigeria earns more than a professional footballer, I lie?
Even the local artiste by my street drives a Toyota Corolla just earning from performing in mediocre shows

Comparing upcoming musicians to footballers is apples and oranges. You compare noob artistes with academy players and local street athletes.

My dear, music is higher in earnings than football.

If to say this thread was about baseball and basketball players, small case for dey, lol
guy wen you wanna talk about record companies dont forget to state those that sponsor sports(all are billionaires)
Compared to those you named above..

Read through my comment again.
I compared may weather with justin bierber grin
Same A list celeb.

A literate and a man with wisdom (good reasoning/thinking ) would know what I'm implying.

The only demerit in football/soccer is; the players only got a short term for success.

Think again.

Not forgetting the richest sportman in the world is Michael jordan (53yrs) (net worth 1.14b usd)
By the way ur analysis are flawed lloyd Webber(68yrs) is worth 715m usd..
Check the age differnce.

Nor make me laugh abeg
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by dopeJemi: 6:53pm On Jul 16, 2016
femiphillips007:

Let me give you a reply before you go
Who MAKES more money between a musician and a footballer is the title of the thread..
May be next time you put on your spectacles to tread better.

I see, it seems I have been arguing about who makes more money between a herbalist and a pastor since
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by flokii: 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
I go with footballers.. Most get paid per week.

How much musicians wan get in a month? Just flashy life they live.

1 Like

Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by Toofan007: 6:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
NovusHomo:

This is "Nairaland" sir. Here, you will find the biggest collection of unemployed and unemployable young Nigerians. Most other people visit for our daily dose of fun served by their idleness and tomfoolery. Wait for their reactions grin
Aren't you supposed to be busy, and leave the unemployed ones?
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by leanalyst: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
Personally I think it's footballers. Musicians lead a charmed life. So many musicians are rich by hype but footballers have the money in reality. Plus the number of musicians who get broke and bankrupt even in their active careers make u wonder if they really are rich. How many players playing actively do you hear are broke or owe?
Re: Between Footballers And Musicians Who Make More Money? by leanalyst: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2016
flokii:
I go with footballers.. Most get paid pee week.

How much musicians wan get in a month? Just flashy life they live.
I agree with you 100%

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Davido Smokes And Drinks Amid Breakup Rumors With Chioma (Photos) / Nigerians Mob Fake Wizkid At Shoprite (video, Pics) / Anita Joseph, Your Sitting Position Is Unladylike - Fans Tell Actress (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.