Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,336 members, 7,829,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

Sen. Remi Tinubu Vs Dino Melaye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sen. Remi Tinubu Vs Dino Melaye (646 Views)

FG Vs Dino Melaye: Senator "Tears Eyes" Again (Photos) / Tinubu Vs Obasanjo: Who Is More Powerful In The South West? / Buhari's WAEC Certificate Vs Dino Melaye's ABU Certificate Scandal: APC News TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sen. Remi Tinubu Vs Dino Melaye by HochZeit: 3:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Senator Dino Melaye’s account of what transpired between the feuding duo makes for interesting reading. As the Yoruba rightly say ‘Ika lo ma ro ejo, Ika ko lo ma da. On this premise, let us attempt an analysis of what happened in the hallowed chamber using our distinguished Senator Dino Melaye’s account.
Sen Melaye while addressing the Senate Press Corps said
‘… all I did was to pacify my colleagues and ask that the case in court be withdrawn because already, there is a resolution in the Senate that the rules of the Senate were not forged, and since there was a resolution of the Senate that the rules of the Senate were not forged. I said all those who have gone to court should go and withdraw their names from court and if at the end of the day they refuse to withdraw their names from the court we should penalise them by suspending them.I said that ’’
Senator Melaye said all he did was to ‘pacify’ his colleagues and yet he was quick to add that if they refused to do his bidding ‘we should penalise them by suspending them’ A threat? That is offensive. As Sen. Melaye rightly said action begets reaction; perhaps his wrong choice of words was the fuel that caused the fire.
Since our distinguished Senator Dino Melaye swore on his honour as a Christian, he may do well to read Proverb 16:24: ‘kind words are like honey – sweet to the soul and healthy for the body.’
However, our distinguished Senator Dino Melaye says ‘ But I did not use any insolent, abusive, degrading or manner less language. So, there was no reaction from any of our colleagues as regard my presentation.’
Really? Yet there has been outrage and reactions from within and outside. And Senator Oluremi Tinubu who reacted was not a colleague? Perhaps others choose not to react because they were mindful of Senator Melaye’s Christian book, the Bible , which states in Proverbs 9:8 ‘ So don’t bother correcting mockers , they will only hate you. But correct the wise and they will love you.’
Speaking further, Sen. Melaye said he did not mention any name when he spoke on the floor of the senate. Did he need to mention names before the concerned would know he was referring to them?
Again, he said several senators spoke after him, but he failed to mention what these other senator said as response to his ‘pacification.’
Then Senator Oluremi Tinubu started speaking :
(1) she mentioned Sen. Melaye’s name. That is not a crime
(2) said she was being harassed by Senator Melaye. She must have reason
(3) she asked why Sen. Melaye would come here and be threatening senators. She was correctly referring the threat of suspension.
Distinguished Sen. Dino Melaye was very calm and bore these irritations like the gentle man & father that he is.
And without further provocation, Sen. Oluremi Tinubu said:
‘this thug must be tamed.’ Something is missing from the narrative. What did Sen. Melaye say or do to elicit this reaction?
And because Sen. Melaye is not a coward he said she was very stupid. She in turn called him a dog. And all hell was let loose.
Senator Dino Melaye could do with some advice, especially as he has ambition to be president and C in C someday. He would do well to unravel and master these three words: wisdom, insight and understanding. All three words point towards skills needed to navigate life’s difficulties and be a successful leader.
The often abused device of pandering to ethnic sentiments ‘I will continue to uphold the culture, the tradition, the values of Koji West Senatorial district’ will not buy him any favours.
Our dear and distinguished Senator Dino Melaye is best served to walk with the wise and become wise, he may choose to associate with fools and get in more troubles.
SOURCE:http://www.hoch-zeitgericht.com/2016/07/16/sen-remi-tinubu-vs-dino-melaye/

Re: Sen. Remi Tinubu Vs Dino Melaye by ElCule: 4:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
both Dino and Oluremi have something in common
Re: Sen. Remi Tinubu Vs Dino Melaye by yemmynoni: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
Dino and ffk have something in common

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why You Should Be Worried As Nigeria's Inflation Hits 11 Years High / Full details and text of Sen Tinubus letter to IGP / Okorocha Mulls 3 Work Days Per Week For Imo Civil Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.