Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana (2013 Views)

Obituary Of A Family Killed In Accident In Plateau State (Photos) / My Racism Experience During A Vacation In Russia / Tourists On Vacation In Africa See Python Inside Their Engine(video+pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by 40manlappy: 11:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
I would have preferred a family vacation to any of the following island locations: Zanzibar, Seychelles or Mauritius. However, due to the current state of the naira in relation to forex, my wife and I are considering Ghana to conserve scarce resources.

I am fiddling with the thought of booking a beachside hotel to "compensate" for the inability to go to the above-mentioned locations but I would like to ask frequent/recent travellers to the country for their recommendations on good beach hotels in Accra/Ghana that are affordable and nice.

Also, what places of interest would make our vacation worthwhile in Accra/Ghana generally? I have searched for information online but it would be nice to get practical insights.

Also, is it better to use travel agencies for packaged tours?

Thank you.

Looping: justwise, Bigtt76, Akintoey, Otunba4eva, V0lv0
Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by ever811(m): 12:13am On Jul 17, 2016
make we know say you wan go common Ghana abi?
Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by acenazt: 12:15am On Jul 17, 2016
U just want show your self. U no see better place to go do family vacation na Ghana.
When Dem obudu n tinapa dey

I rather even go sambisa sef.

e want go Zanzibar n Mauritius Seychelles nko? Haiti don disappear for map. All this yeye unpatriotic people sef.

Na Una Dey cause the exchange rate crash. The money we u for add for GDP u want carry go dash Ghana. Mtcheeew

1 Like

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by 40manlappy: 12:19am On Jul 17, 2016
ever811:

Now you know, next!

1 Like

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by 40manlappy: 12:23am On Jul 17, 2016
acenazt:
U just want show your self. U no see better place to go do family vacation na Ghana.

e want go Zanzibar n Mauritius Seychelles nko? Haiti don disappear for map. All this yeye unpatriotic people sef.

Na Una Dey cause the exchange rate crash. The money we u for add for GDP u want carry go dash Ghana. Mtcheeew

Mr Oga, you don't have to say anything here if you have nothing useful to say. Nobody forced you to come here.

What do you know about Obudu or Tinapa? Nobody is stopping you from staying permanently in your Sambisa.

Swerve!

1 Like

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by acenazt: 12:31am On Jul 17, 2016
40manlappy:

Mr Oga, you don't have to say anything here if you have nothing useful to say. Nobody forced you to come here.

What do you know about Obudu or Tinapa? Nobody is stopping you from staying permanently in your Sambisa.

Swerve!
All hail thee the blind that seeth the truth but taketh no action
We all want a buoyant naira yet you are going to crash it more. If you think you know all I urge you to expand your horizon as at this moment your view Is bleak. If you feel you got bucks you should know I made that same bucks far younger than you did. I should stay in my sambisa see talk. Remember these words WHERE YOURS ENDS IS JUST AN INTRO TO ANOTHER'S. What you drink don't make me piss. Have a great trip. I would suggest the Gambia for your vacation. English speaking,beautiful and better than Ghana. Have a good night. No hard feelings

1 Like

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by bigtt76(f): 7:18am On Jul 17, 2016
There are lots of exotic places to visit while in Ghana such as the following

1. Nkurumah Mausoleum in Accra
2. Akosombo Dam in Volta Region
3. The Cape Coast and Elmina Castle
4. Kakum National Park with the longest canopy walk in Africa
5. Shia Hills for a walk with Nature
6. Several Forts highlighting the throes of slave trade
7. Exotic beaches
8. Many more

The people are receptive and welcoming. If you got access to package tour, might be cheaper than coming down and chartering a cab or minivan. It all depends on your bargaining power though.

40manlappy:
I would have preferred a family vacation to any of the following island locations: Zanzibar, Seychelles or Mauritius. However, due to the current state of the naira in relation to forex, my wife and I are considering Ghana to conserve scarce resources.

I am fiddling with the thought of booking a beachside hotel to "compensate" for the inability to go to the above-mentioned locations but I would like to ask frequent/recent travellers to the country for their recommendations on good beach hotels in Accra/Ghana that are affordable and nice.

Also, what places of interest would make our vacation worthwhile in Accra/Ghana generally? I have searched for information online but it would be nice to get practical insights.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by 40manlappy: 8:03am On Jul 17, 2016
@bigtt76: Thanks Ma'am for sharing. smiley

1 Like

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by bigtt76(f): 8:07am On Jul 17, 2016
You welcome. Enjoy your vacation wherever you chose.

40manlappy:
@bigtt76: Thanks Ma'am for sharing. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by 40manlappy: 8:11am On Jul 17, 2016
acenazt:
We all want a buoyant naira yet you are going to crash it more. If you think you know all I urge you to expand your horizon as at this moment your view Is bleak. If you feel you got bucks you should know I made that same bucks far younger than you did. I should stay in my sambisa see talk. Remember these words WHERE YOURS ENDS IS JUST AN INTRO TO ANOTHER'S. What you drink don't make me piss. Have a great trip. I would suggest the Gambia for your vacation. English speaking,beautiful and better than Ghana. Have a good night. No hard feelings

Thanks for the Gambia suggestion. I wouldn't have come here if I thought I knew it all. Nobody is an island of knowledge.

You can actually contribute on a thread without being insultive or provocative, you know. Good day.

3 Likes

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by O0XYGEN: 9:36am On Jul 17, 2016
Being "common" is far better than being "useless".
This coming out from someone from the most useless country on earth(i.e nigeria) sounds funny.
ever811:

2 Likes

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by O0XYGEN: 9:43am On Jul 17, 2016
Gambia is rather beautiful than nigeria not Ghana ok.
Ghana is the most beautiful country in West Africa.(You can google it)
Why is it that u idiots are trooping to Ghana like refugees?
Hate and jealousy go kill u.
FYI there are over 5 million(and still counting) of u idiots in Ghana
acenazt:
Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by O0XYGEN: 9:48am On Jul 17, 2016
Ghana is like England to most Africans including u idiots.
GHANA is far better than the zoo u hail from.
Who would even wish to come for a vacation in a useless zoo like nigeria?
Animals will even reject a free flight to nigeria.
acenazt:

1 Like

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by justi4jesu(f): 9:58am On Jul 17, 2016
Seychelles is wonderful, you should go there. Thank me later. wink

1 Like

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by justi4jesu(f): 10:00am On Jul 17, 2016
acenazt:

Why do you sound Pained, If you had the finance, I'm sure you would do worse than him right now.

2 Likes

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by Ugosample(m): 2:38am On Jul 27, 2016
acenazt:

What are you saying?

1 Like

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by Ugosample(m): 9:30pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ghana is a good place for hikday, unfortunately most of the key tourist spots are outside Accra....
Cape Coast
Sunyani
Kumasi

these are cool cities.

3 Likes

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by 40manlappy: 9:35am On Aug 06, 2016
Ugosample:
Ghana is a good place for hikday, unfortunately most of the key tourist spots are outside Accra....
Cape Coast
Sunyani
Kumasi

these are cool cities.

Thanks. But how is hotel accommodation in these places, especially the beach areas?
Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by Ugosample(m): 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
40manlappy:

Thanks. But how is hotel accommodation in these places, especially the beach areas?

Honestly, I don't know.
But you can check www.jovago.com
There you will see the prices for the various cities you wanna visit
Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by 40manlappy: 11:27pm On Aug 06, 2016
Ugosample:

Honestly, I don't know.
But you can check www.jovago.com
There you will see the prices for the various cities you wanna visit

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by TheWatcher212: 3:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
40manlappy:

Thank you.

We at The DARE Experience LTD can help you realize this working with your budget. Please look at our page on IG - @thedareexperience_ , Twitter - @dareexperience or you can email explore@thedareexperience.com. We got your travel goals covered.
Re: Ideas for a Family Vacation In Ghana by DreamDesire(m): 11:27am On Aug 12, 2017
40manlappy:

Thanks

I believe you have gotten some good information from some people here who make reasonable comments. I do arrange special travel packages in these manner.
However, being that you are being mindful of expenses I will suggest that you consider the beautiful peaceful small city of Lome in Togo. I can give you a great vacation package to suit you and fit your budget. You will get a beautiful hotel by the beach, and you will get information of various fun activities and places to visit around the city.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Newcastle Universities Students / Terrifying Photos, Video Shows U.S. Jet Engine Falling Apart In The Air. / Cross Country: A Scam!!! Beware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.