Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH (24999 Views)

Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face / Michelle Obama And Melania Trump Pose Together Ahead Of Trump's Inauguration / Funny Memes Of Melanie Trump Stealing Mitchell Obama's Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by drmikeadams(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
We can now see that shaking nyansh and boobs hup han down,,rubbing make up hup han down widout brains na pure foolishness

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by GloShare(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
She copy sorry she add matric number.
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
Sure. Mr Trump is our next president. smiley
Bolustic:
Many will quote me for my predictions but I will definitely refer to it after America's November elections.

Trump is America's next President.

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Peterwizzy: 6:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
trump and his wife are like dcck and vj

I don't know what I mean!
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
emmaeko1989:
is her speech copyrighted? ,abeg talk another thing
baba I wonder o..
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by StepTwo: 6:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
for those who did not watch d video.

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by fratermathy(m): 6:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Like fayose,

BTW: its not On the News its In the News.

Your English teacher needed to be crucified

On the news and in the news both mean different things entirely. Go and learn the differences.

Before you correct, make sure you are extremely right.

English is my specialty. I am not exempt from errors but if one must correct, be very sure.

http://english.stackexchange.com/questions/299090/in-the-news-or-on-the-news
http://forum.wordreference.com/threads/on-the-news-vs-in-the-news.2498487/

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by FarukuWadata12(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
weting concern us
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Adisa89(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
Defamation of character grade one.
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Adisa89(m): 6:50pm On Jul 19, 2016
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by saintdennis(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
This is how a contestant during miss NL plagiarised and people were saying it's not plagiarism.

Lols no wonder naija is in disarray...too many ignorant youths.

2 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by lachenzy1(m): 6:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
sanyahkod:
Melania Trump – until now only a minor presence on the campaign trail – found herself in the midst of an embarrassing plagiarism controversy Tuesday after a prime-time defense of her husband Donald that appeared to be lifted in part from a speech given by Michelle Obama.

No sooner had the poised, 46-year-old former model delivered her speech to cheering delegates at the Republican National Convention than the unmistakeable similarities to a passage from Obama’s speech to the 2008 Democratic convention came to light.

In both passages, the women are introducing themselves to the American public by speaking of the values that have shaped their lives.

“My parents impressed on me the values: that you work hard for what you want in life. That your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. They taught me to show the values and morals in my daily life. That is the lesson that I continue to pass along to our son,” Melania Trump said.

“And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

In her speech, Michelle Obama said, “And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them.

“And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children – and all children in this nation – to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

“Fragments”

Trump’s senior communications adviser, Jason Miller, issued a statement that sidestepped the plagiarism question while not denying it.

“In writing her beautiful speech, Melania’s team of writers took notes on her life’s inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking,” he said. “Melania’s immigrant experience and love for America shone through in her speech, which made it such a success.”

The speech was the highlight of a chaotic opening day of a Republican convention that is set to formally nominate her husband as the party’s presidential candidate later this week.

A beaming Trump personally introduced his glamorous, European-born wife to the cheering delegates gathered in Cleveland, breaking with tradition by appearing before his actual nomination.

“It was truly an honor to introduce my wife, Melania. Her speech and demeanor were absolutely incredible. Very proud!” the billionaire tweeted afterwards.

http://punchng.com/trumps-wife-accused-plagiarising-michele-obamas-speech/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by LuveU2(f): 6:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
anny268:
It's obvious that Trump and his wife have nothing good to offer Americans... They can't even construct a simple speech of their own.
grin

2 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by LuveU2(f): 6:59pm On Jul 19, 2016
saintdennis:
This is how a contestant during miss NL plagiarised and people were saying it's not plagiarism.

Lols no wonder naija is in disarray...too many ignorant youths.
Funny the one that accused her of plagiarism is having an interview now for the post of mr nairaland. He is my candidate and right in my siggy.

You may want to check the thread here

https://www.nairaland.com/3236901/interview-adewumiopeyemi-ichommy-falconey-lordnicvuitton#47702617
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by shellyboi: 7:01pm On Jul 19, 2016
Lol this is obviously controversial speech from Mrs Trump! what a shame .
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by kuuljay(m): 7:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
emmaeko1989:
is her speech copyrighted?
,abeg talk another thing
guy you smart,bia! Mama nkechi! Give this man one kronenburg
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by sweetilicious(f): 7:16pm On Jul 19, 2016
Its not a bad thing. Afterall we learn from people everyday. The only thing is that she didn't make reference to the owner of the speech.

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by DedeNkem: 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
Trump is the worst U.S. presidential candidate in history!

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
You will appreciate Trump's strategy of you've read the 48 laws of power. He is courting attention at all cost. It is better to be slandered and attacked than to be ignored. And remember, there is no bad publicity. He is getting more popular by the minute

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2016
Dull brains want the white house job by all means

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Horus(m): 7:20pm On Jul 19, 2016
Plagiarism is corruption

2 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by pamcode(m): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
SillyeRabbit:
Nigerians won't face their problems. wink
Abi o. Hypocrisy dey worry all of us sef.
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by oglalasioux(m): 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
sainty2k3:
my guess. this is intentional , we all know Trump likes to stay in the news, either good or bad. that increases is popularity, even his opponent can't stop talking about him .

You are a genius.

Create a scandal if you are not noticed.
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Horus(m): 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE_9ROhGBjs

[size=13pt]EXPOSED: MELANIA TRUMP PLAGIARISES MICHELLE OBAMA SPEECH WORD FOR WORD[/size]

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Uniboy: 7:31pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:
Many will quote me for my predictions but I will definitely refer to it after America's November elections.

You de see road well well.if you be pastor,I go de worship in your church.

That's my prediction too!
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by morule20(m): 7:35pm On Jul 19, 2016
This is not plagiarism, people can have d same thought sometimes. Trump all d way.
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Quelme: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
BBC and CNN aligning with a desperate Clinton propaganda machine. Doing a little research you will find out that President Obama plagiarized former Massachusetts Governor Deral Patrick. Hillary Clinton stole lines from Bernie Sanders and John Edwards. Joe Biden plagiarized heavily from British Labour Party leader Neal Kinnock. Oh, and Michelle Obama lifted lines from Saul Alinsky's book "Rules for Radicals". Need i say more.? It is a clear indication that the establishment and elite are all out against Trump. Anyways, Trump for POTUS...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Oluwalosheleyi(m): 7:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Like fayose,

Dont blame his teacher, he might have been taught.Besides he might not mean what you have in mind.
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by God2man(m): 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:

Impossible!

2 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Sant1m: 7:53pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:

he is the next president for sure
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by agabaI23(m): 7:54pm On Jul 19, 2016
GudluckIBB:

Like fayose,

Really?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Niger: ECOWAS Delegation Meets Ousted Bazoum / Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 / U.S. Supreme Court May Not Have Final Say In Election, Despite Trump Threat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.