Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,412 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi (15780 Views)

SS2 Students Sitting On Bare Floor To Write Exams In Sokoto State (Photos) / Students Sitting Down To Learn In Kebbi State (Photos) / Students Sitting On The Floor For Lecture At UNIJOS (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by theEYe21(f): 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
It's time for us to do things ourselves since the leaders are very unreliable
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Rhayour: 2:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
ipreach:
STUDENTS OF GARBA NOMA JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL, BAUCHI, SITTING ON THE FLOOR IN THEIR CLASSROOM ON MONDAY - NAN

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/photos-secondary-school-students-sitting-floor-bauchi/

Which way Nigeria.

God Help Us
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by omofabulous(f): 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
How will this children learn in that kind of blotted environment? Government for the people indeed undecided
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Mille: 2:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
God knows I cannot attend a school like this. See how they separated the boys from the girls.
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
lovesamzy:
Compare and contrast.......... during GEJ and PMB.................

PMB: A day meal without conducive environment for learning
GEJ: Conducive environment with all needed materials to learn

the ball is in your courts

Except that kids were still sitting on the floor in GEJ's time too....only in some selected schools were they not.

Nothing has changed
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2016
grin
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by blackwizwise(m): 3:03pm On Jul 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
On a more serious note...this problem started a long time ago
(Grab the popcorn kids....time for another Tales with QT).

In the 1970's/...government took over many mission and private schools, and built new ones all over the place....because we could. (Oil prices were high and we had enough money to meet our needs, and pay the salaries of workers in some Carribean island no one heard of).

As a result, today, many states have too many schools to look after. Of course, the money is not enough to go round (and corrupt termites of the human kind are busy swarming around to take their bite). Meanwhile....fees are kept low, meaning that schools do not have an alternate source of funding.

So, we have schools starved of cash and principals often have to resort to funny ways to raise cash (WASSCE processing fees anyone?).

In 2009....Oby Ezekwesilli, then Minister of Education, tried to get unity schools run as some sort of PPP. We told her to go and rest, that we were too poor to pay fees. Some governors also handed schools back to the mission owners, saying that they did not have the cash to take care of them....and there were street protests.

Schools need money. Many good (not the mushroom ones) private schools provide desks, chairs, etc for their students because fees are sky high (at N100000 and above in some cases). Many government schools...like the Bauchi ones cannot afford desks for their students because funding is low and fees are kept low for the masses.

Nigerians...espeically Bauchi residents....if you want the students to sit down on chairs....you have to find the money for it. Either we all pay 50% of our salary (like the Danes) as tax, or we pay higher school fees , either at primary level. Or we make all universities private, and use the money saved for primary schools. Or we become an industrial society...so that we can earn enough money to have budgets of N20trillion and above....with N5 TRILLION at least for education. Education is not cheap. We have no choice.
after all this just one like haba nairalanders
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Raplibero(m): 3:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
this is terrible
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Chibuhealth(f): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
They are used to it, do they have chairs in their mosque?
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Reference(m): 3:08pm On Jul 19, 2016
Quakertellicus1:
On a more serious note...this problem started a long time ago
(Grab the popcorn kids....time for another Tales with QT).

In the 1970's/...government took over many mission and private schools, and built new ones all over the place....because we could. (Oil prices were high and we had enough money to meet our needs, and pay the salaries of workers in some Carribean island no one heard of).

As a result, today, many states have too many schools to look after. Of course, the money is not enough to go round (and corrupt termites of the human kind are busy swarming around to take their bite). Meanwhile....fees are kept low, meaning that schools do not have an alternate source of funding.

So, we have schools starved of cash and principals often have to resort to funny ways to raise cash (WASSCE processing fees anyone?).

In 2009....Oby Ezekwesilli, then Minister of Education, tried to get unity schools run as some sort of PPP. We told her to go and rest, that we were too poor to pay fees. Some governors also handed schools back to the mission owners, saying that they did not have the cash to take care of them....and there were street protests.

Schools need money. Many good (not the mushroom ones) private schools provide desks, chairs, etc for their students because fees are sky high (at N100000 and above in some cases). Many government schools...like the Bauchi ones cannot afford desks for their students because funding is low and fees are kept low for the masses.

Nigerians...espeically Bauchi residents....if you want the students to sit down on chairs....you have to find the money for it. Either we all pay 50% of our salary (like the Danes) as tax, or we pay higher school fees , either at primary level. Or we make all universities private, and use the money saved for primary schools. Or we become an industrial society...so that we can earn enough money to have budgets of N20trillion and above....with N5 TRILLION at least for education. Education is not cheap. We have no choice.

Or we stop procreating like bunnies. Our population is presently a liability not an asset because of its poor composition and quality, so we need to cap that until we can raise the bottom line.
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
uzomore:

Legodu dis idiot,must u comment?

An average Igbo youth like the one Joe Igbokwe mentioned.
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by theEYe21(f): 3:16pm On Jul 19, 2016
The president and the government are all gullible
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by colli247(m): 3:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
NORTHERN LEADERS ARE SO WICKED THATS CHANGE APC GIVE THEM SOME OF THEM ENJOY POVERTY
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by babajeje123(m): 3:19pm On Jul 19, 2016
I served in Bauchi state in 2008 & it was terrible. The students there couldn't speak simple English. They would say 'Ba Turanchi'. Those of us serving then had to embark on personal CDs so as to help. I trained about 30 of them on how to use ms office. In fact, I had to come down to Oyo state to carry my desktop for the training. Along the line, I wrote a proposal to the Commissioner for Education for purchase of 5 computer sytems. When I didn't hear anything from him, I went down to his office to see him. After all protocol, I told him what I came for. He said the ministry didn't have money. I asked him to buy the systems if he felt my quotations were high. He said no. I went further to ask if we can move 5 systems from the ministry for those I trained, he said no. While I was pleading with him, he asked for my state of origin & religion. When I told him, he stylishly walked me out of his office. Lesson learnt: only few of these northerner leaders want their followers to be educated. Why? Perhaps they can use them to achieve their political and otherwise ambition.

1 Like

Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by iLiquidator: 3:20pm On Jul 19, 2016
I don't know the problem residing in the brain of nairalanders these days. This problem of dilapidate structures in public schools is all over Nigeria not only in the north, and it was there even before PMB comes to power but many who are ethnic or religious bigots will keep on blaming PMB for the fault of the state governors.
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Ghost01(m): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2016
See segregation...
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Dpharisee: 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
theEYe21:
And buhari is the president undecided he cannot even help his own people, talk more of Nigeria undecided

Its the responsibility of the Local Govt Chairman and the State Governor. For the first time in a long while I am defending Buhari on this one grin

Bauchi State needs to impose education tax on every working class citizen including farmers and traders to pay for maintenance of schools; even as Catholics we in Nigeria still contribute for the maintenance of Holy Places in Rome, Israel, France etc
The mindset of Northerners about not paying taxes needs to be changed; the state cannot do it alone with dwindling resources.

2 Likes

Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by MoneyGreen(m): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
Nairaland now is full of idiots up, down and center undecided
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by ayo4show: 3:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
wot about 16 Years of PDP haven't produce the ex-chairman of the party and the ex-minister of FCT. wot do dey do to solve the problem
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Heineken(m): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
veekid:
Part of Nigeria's problem will be solved only when we stop putting all blames on government.

bro who make we blame then? Are they not the one amassing and embezzling money?
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Possican(m): 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
Nigeria grin grin grin
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Strongfaze(m): 3:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
theEYe21:
And buhari is the president undecided he cannot even help his own people, talk more of Nigeria undecided

Was there no bad schools in Bayelsa state when Goodluck was the president?
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by breakeven: 3:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
why would BOKO NOT BE HARAM when you are subjected to learn in an environment like this. undecided grin cheesy
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Sirmuel1(m): 3:52pm On Jul 19, 2016
Imagine those beautiful young girls in a well equipped classroom!

What a f*ckin country!
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Possican(m): 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
Boko haram sec school grin
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by ayo4show: 3:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
this school has been there since Jonathan PDP LED administration. so go and do your research very well before making comments
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by ayo4show: 4:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
@ babajeje I think u are correct for that comment I also lived there 2 the issue is that BUHARI can't solve everything for us
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Ghost01(m): 4:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
babajeje123:
I served in Bauchi state in 2008 & it was terrible. The students there couldn't speak simple English. They would say 'Ba Turanchi'. Those of us serving then had to embark on personal CDs so as to help. I trained about 30 of them on how to use ms office. In fact, I had to come down to Oyo state to carry my desktop for the training. Along the line, I wrote a proposal to the Commissioner for Education for purchase of 5 computer sytems. When I didn't hear anything from him, I went down to his office to see him. After all protocol, I told him what I came for. He said the ministry didn't have money. I asked him to buy the systems if he felt my quotations were high. He said no. I went further to ask if we can move 5 systems from the ministry for those I trained, he said no. While I was pleading with him, he asked for my state of origin & religion. When I told him, he stylishly walked me out of his office. Lesson learnt: only few of these northerner leaders want their followers to be educated. Why? Perhaps they can use them to achieve their political and otherwise ambition.
Reminds one of Ali Modu Sheriff who, as Bornu State governor, was said to have told journalists to go and write whatever it is that they want to write about him and his government; that afterall, many in his state cannot decipher whatever it is that will be written.

1 Like

Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by kolaaderin: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
lovesamzy:
Compare and contrast.......... during GEJ and PMB.................

PMB: A day meal without conducive environment for learning
GEJ: Conducive environment with all needed materials to learn

the ball is in your courts

And the picture you showed for GEJ era turned to this in just a year, talk of brainlessness, GEJ followers are second to non. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by dhantey324(m): 4:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bauchi youths are enjoying the cow Aisha Buhari gave to them during salah. undecided
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by cole265(m): 4:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ifexladon:
dem vote for change nah...wetin concern me mtcheewwww

This thing go pepe you die grin
Re: Garba Noma Students Sitting On The Floor In Bauchi by Adisa89(m): 4:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
Too poor!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Two New Lagos State-Owned Universities Receive NUC Recognition / Imo Poly Staff Drag Rector To Okija Shrine- Vanguard / Scholarship For Christian Young People Hungary (SCYP)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.