Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,263 members, 7,815,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:14 PM

Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child (562 Views)

I Want Stay-At-Home Husband That'll Take Care Of The Kids, I'll Make Money- Lady / 'Nigerian Men Are Kings In Taking Care Of Women In Africa' - South African Woman / Lady Praises Her Sugar Daddy For Always Taking Care Of Her & Giving Her His ATM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child by divinejustice: 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hello everyone,please I need advice on how to accept and take care of a step child.my husband had a child with a white lady while they were still together and now fast forward nine years later and with a child of my own who is five,the boy is now living with me and my husband who is very protective of him which makes me feel like I am a wicked step mother.
I do almost everything except work at the moment but still it's like nothing I do is appreciated and to make matters worse the mum keep trying to come into my home literally.she 's had two other kids in another relationship and keeps changing men like garment and all this while exposing this 9 year old to all these.when he came to live with us he told me that he actually hears his mum having sextet with these men and all these and more makes it hard for me to accept him or his mum,especially his mum into my home because she likes black guys and might try to seduce my man.
Re: Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child by theEYe21(f): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
Take care of your step child like it's your own blood and you will be blessed. The Lord is your strength sad

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
have this in the back of your mind 'Every child created by God is a blessing' treat your step son/daughter like your blood learn to tolerate cos every child has his/her bad side, also learn to control your anger

Thnk me later #EveryChildIsAblessing

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child by sorextee(m): 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
U just gats take care of am. Shower am plenty love, care and attention. When he grows up, he will value you, more than his real mum. And u will also be proud to have him in ur life.
Re: Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child by Kobicove(m): 5:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
I'm just here read comments and learn... smiley

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child by divinejustice: 7:13pm On Jul 19, 2016
Thank you everyone,I appreciate it.
Re: Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child by queencalipso(f): 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
From your post, I think the problem is you. You find it hard to accept the child so no advice given here will work until you start seeing the child as your own.

You will have to accept the child like your own biological son, then treat him/ manage him like you would yours. Shikena!!!!

Try not to show preference to your son, else you will breed hatred in the heart of the child and he may come to hate you.

One more thing, what his mum does is not your business. Focus on keeping your home and don't bad mouth his mum in his presence that's if you will at all. Nine years no be small pikin again o!! What ever you say or do now, good or bad will not be forgotten.

This is the best time for you to win him over bcz he's still a child.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child by makizee(m): 8:01pm On Jul 19, 2016
Try to see him as yours and not another woman's.

i know its hard though.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advice On Managing Or Taking Care Of A Step Child by zeebra(f): 8:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
he is just a boy. take care of him like he were your own, he is 9 and he will be wateva you train him to be.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Am 30 And Don't Know How To Love A Woman / Common Traits In Married And Single Ladies / Caption: This Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.