Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? (6309 Views)

Do South West Have Any Resources That Are Exported To Bring In Dollars For FG / I Rejected Biafra With Only 5 Igbo States, I Want Rivers, Benue Too– Nnamdi Kanu / Why Do South-east Fight For Their South- South Anioma People But..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
omenka:
She has suddenly lost her grasp of english. cheesycheesy

That is how they behave, when shiit hits the fan and there's no hiding place, go TRIBAL so your tribesmen could rally to your rescue with supportive comments and likes. grin

Next time my dear, look before you leap. I no be your mate. wink

Good night.
whatever pls. So speaking my language means being tribalistic? What kind of dumb postulation is that

7 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by iamDiabolic(m): 7:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
StOla:

Is Hausa or Fulani territory only in the North West or North East?

Is Yoruba territory only in the SouthWest?

If the Yoruba parts of Kwara (2/3 by senatorial zone) is included as a state of its own in the SW, and same is done to the Yoruba part of Kogi (1/3 by senatorial zone), then the SW would have 8 states.

The Igbo mam would still complain and will still remain miserable no matter how you dice this issue.
you they mind her,igbo's can cry eh,yoruba shud also be fighting with benin republic since we have sabe nd popo there.

8 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Victorvexz(m): 7:19pm On Jul 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
is Igbo territory only in south east?
Did the terminology "south east" exist before 1970?
Answer me, and lets take it on 4rm there.
U continue to shout as if igboland was the only divided territory. After the almagamation of Nigeria, There was northern nigeria only, it was later divided into 3. Immediately after amalgamation, there was nothing like north east, north west and north central region it was just northern nigeria. Same way north was divided that is same way igboland was divided into south east and south south, so why are u crying? Or u miss the oil in the South-South abi

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by SirREX94: 7:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
Whatever, they could only support that which already exists. As for keeping mum while we're are being plunged into Perpetual Slavery, ''It's only a tree that hears of it's been cutted down soon, and still remains standing''!
Adaure4ever:
you expect them to put this thread in fp? Its like u are a learner in NL politics.
If you want to evaluate the social media expression of fake "ONE NIGERIA". visit nairaland
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
Victorvexz:

U continue to shout as if igboland was the only divided territory. After the almagamation of Nigeria, There was northern nigeria only, it was later divided into 3. Immediately after amalgamation, there was nothing like north east, north west and north central region it was just northern nigeria. Same way north was divided that is same way igboland was divided into south east and south south, so why are u crying? Or u miss the oil there abi
what a hilarious defence. When the north were divided into ne nw nc. Did Hausas not get up to 10states?

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Godfullsam(m): 7:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
Yeebos always clamouring for what they dont deserve.

They will soon blame Tinubu for their limited number of states.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by omenka(m): 7:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
whatever pls. So speaking my language means being tribalistic? What kind of dumb postulation is that
See you. Oya come make we do two aside jor, your blood too dey hot. cheesy

Sorry if my comment offended you. wink

5 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
Godfullsam:
Yeebos always clamouring for what they dont deserve.

They will soon blame Tinubu for their limited number of states.

your stupidity have no botanical name.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by csamii: 7:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:

Pay no attention to that one. He has multiple username eg Iroh88 and others.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Babacele: 7:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
omenka:
Okay.. I believe you aren't an illiterate- so, let's do a little math.

You say I'm "always online" right?

Now:

You, Ada, have these stats:

Time registered: November 24, 2015.

Time spent online: 1 month & 13 days.

It means you have spent an average of 1/8 months of your time since registering on the forum online.

In terms of percentage, that is approximately 13% of your time ONLINE.

Me on the other hand, here are my stats:

Time registered: March 24, 2008.

Time spent online: 6 months & 13 days.

This means I've spent an average of 6/100 months of my time since registering on the forum online.

In terms of percentage, that is simply 6% of my time ONLINE!

Now Ada, place those figures side by side and think about your life for a second. Tell yourself the truth about who "spends all day on the forum" and needs the "5,000 stipend". wink

To put it simply, you have spent over twice as much time as I have online!

Can you see how smart you appear now? grin

Na so una go just carry anger dey embarrass unaselves upandan. cheesy

Pele.

Errrm, back to the matter, do you have any info on Game of Thrones S7 my dear?
Amicable09 won't change your mind?
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by orisa37: 7:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
Benue State belongs to S.E. One State in the N.W. actually belongs to the N.E. The Military, Our Military played the Shuffle.
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Moz22: 7:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
Adaure4ever:
your stupidity have no botanical name.
Jesus!!!
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by StOla: 7:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
Adaure4ever, you don't have a case here, there's no way a tiny dot on the Nigerian map would be further broken into more states when there are bigger and more populated states in other regions.

Also other ethnicities also exist in regions that are considered unfamiliar to those tribes and would naturally swell the states tally of their natural ethnic region if their section of the present states they belong to was to be regrouped into their ethnic region.

If this is done, the SE would still lag behind in states count despite adding 1 more state from Delta. While the SW and NW would add 2 more and the NE with 7 now will add 1 more.

Would you not still lament the situation then?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by amicable09(f): 8:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
Babacele:
Lol.
Why are you always pairing me with your friend? cheesy, I don't understand this matchmaking o. You know he fights twice as much as I fight online. But he comes for peace talks almost immediately cos he cannot really fight grin unlike me *winks*

Omenka needs to get some e-muscles cheesy
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by kingzizzy: 8:13pm On Jul 19, 2016
kolaaderin:
Take a good look at size of your region compared with others and tell me a single reasonable reason why we should not merge to reduce the five states to three.

States are not based based on land mass,but on population. Lagos is like half the size of the smallest Igbo state, Abia state, but the same Lagos has a population of half the entire North.

Idealy, Anioma state should be the 6th Igbo state but powers that be have refused it. Anyway, whenever regionalism returns, we Igbos are going to dissolve all 5 states and end 'divide and rule'

3 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by kingsman66(m): 8:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
please no comment just coming back from ban....anyway proudly Igbo guy. long live federal republic of Nigeria long live south east long live ..................ra

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by omenka(m): 8:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
Babacele:
Baba, come oo, wetin be ya own sef? grin

This ya taggin don dey pass be kiaful oo. U no sabi sabi say I already dey "one leg in" outside?? God willing, march next year no go meet me single oo. cheesy

Besides, I no dey do e-love, especially for NL. wink
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jul 19, 2016
kingzizzy:

States are not based based on land mass,but on population. Lagos is like half the size of the smallest Igbo state, Abia state, but the same Lagos has a population of half the entire North.

Idealy, Anioma state should be the 6th Igbo state but powers that be have refused it. Anyway, whenever regionalism returns, we Igbos are going to dissolve all 5 states and end 'divide and rule'
spot on. BUT Abia state is not the smallest SE state by landmass, it is Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by jom28gy(m): 9:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
are igbos serious to go?
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by HopeAtHand: 9:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
So Oyigbo LGA and Egbema community in Ogba Egbema/ Ndoni LGA is big enough to become a state. A state of 1 and half LGAs.

Please and please, look at the lack of "space" in Igboland and tell me why u further want to fragment the already fragmented Igbo areas. There is no space in Igboland to be pointing accusing fingers.
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by OlanreJohnson: 9:48pm On Jul 19, 2016
Kyase:
The whole of SE is not up to plateau state.

My muslim brother from Tivland, thank you for joining hands with we muslims of fulani and yoruba to teach the Igbos a lesson. We must oppose everything they do.

Since they don't want grazing reserves, we from SW and benue must support grazing reserves on our land. Allah Seriki!

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Mcowubaba: 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
Kyase:
The whole of SE is not up to plateau state.
We know...
That's why we are saying the Cow Ranches for the Fulani Herdsmen to be in Large States like Plateau, Niger, Benue, Kano, Sokoto, Borno etc...

We don't have space. undecided.. undecided.

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by obontami: 9:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
[s]
Adaure4ever:
Since the end of the civil war, The IGBO Race have been treated unfairly and unjustly by the Nigerian Government and the existence of only 5 states in the south east is an evidence of a gross injustice.
The reason why south east have not gotten another state is a plot to keep the Igbo race divided.
And it is temporarily working,
when you see a Man from Delta or Rivers who bears Okonkwo as surname, comes from an Igbo name village, Speak an Igbo dialect, Practise Igbo culture and tell you that He is NOT Igbo.
LOL, the divide and conquer strategy worked finely againsty the Igbos for now.
No nation can cheat Karma and go free!
Fairness is a treason in Nigeria, until the injustice meted against Igbos in state creation and other issues are corrected, Development will continue to run away from Nigeria shore.
- Over 100yrs of Amalgamation/Existence, Nigeria is still a 3rd world country and will continue to be an underdeveloped joke of a country if Justice and Fairness is not restored in this country.
Many innocent blood that have been shed by the descendants of Usman dan fodio are still cursing this country just like Abel blood cried unto God against Cain.
- How Can God Bless A Wicked Country?
Is it possible? Let Pharaoh continue to harden his heart, The Red Sea moment is drawing near.. God will liberate his people!
- ADAURE4EVER
[/s]

Why u like to dey create sttupid threads like this angry

2 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Kyase(m): 10:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
OlanreJohnson:

My muslim brother from Tivland, thank you for joining hands with we muslims of fulani and yoruba to teach the Igbos a lesson. We must oppose everything they do.

Since they don't want grazing reserves, we from SW and benue must support grazing reserves on our land. Allah Seriki!
Am not Muslim boss...
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by cjrane: 11:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
SE must have less states than others because in their minds, SE and its future offsprings must be punished forever for the last Biafran war.

That is why another war is indicated. So that those that vehemently argued for Biafran surrender and Igbo would be accepted as part of Nigeria have hopefully realized their misjudgement of the Fulani

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by badnature: 12:26am On Jul 20, 2016
StOla:
Adaure4ever, you don't have a case here, there's no way a tiny dot on the Nigerian map would be further broken into more states when there are bigger and more populated states in other regions.

Also other ethnicities also exist in regions that are considered unfamiliar to those tribes and would naturally swell the states tally of their natural ethnic region if their section of the present states they belong to was to be regrouped into their ethnic region.

If this is done, the SE would still lag behind in states count despite adding 1 more state from Delta. While the SW and NW would add 2 more and the NE with 7 now will add 1 more.

Would you not still lament the situation then?
even as tiny as that dot is the still want to take part of it for grazing? Leaving their so called big land mass

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by badnature: 12:28am On Jul 20, 2016
Adaure4ever:
spot on. BUT Abia state is not the smallest SE state by landmass, it is Anambra.
Ada Chineke !
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by kuuljay(m): 3:31am On Jul 20, 2016
orisa37:
Benue State belongs to S.E. One State in the N.W. actually belongs to the N.E. The Military, Our Military played the Shuffle.
e remain small make I say thunder fire you for saying we are from south East but am a cool guy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Babacele: 4:19am On Jul 20, 2016
omenka:
Baba, come oo, wetin be ya own sef? grin

This ya taggin don dey pass be kiaful oo. U no sabi sabi say I already dey "one leg in" outside?? God willing, march next year no go meet me single oo. cheesy

Besides, I no dey do e-love, especially for NL. wink
lols .....just invite us ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Babacele: 4:30am On Jul 20, 2016
amicable09:

Lol.
Why are you always pairing me with your friend? cheesy, I don't understand this matchmaking o. You know he fights twice as much as I fight online. But he comes for peace talks almost immediately cos he cannot really fight grin unlike me *winks*

Omenka needs to get some e-muscles cheesy
hmmm funny enough you two gave me almost d same answer.....thought you would like d e- truce calling part of him; no harboring grudges for long sort of that is most needed in nuptial atmospheres but I wasnt right. no mind me jor .....hope that guy bought una enough diesel before he sacked himself ?

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by amicable09(f): 5:36am On Jul 20, 2016
Babacele:
hmmm funny enough you two gave me almost d same answer.....thought you would like d e- truce calling part of him; no harboring grudges for long sort of that is most needed in nuptial atmospheres but I wasnt right. no mind me jor .....hope that guy bought una enough diesel before he sacked himself ?
cheesy cheesy cheesy
You are right. I like e-truce. But I expect that quick remorseful action when the quarrel is between us grin. When it is a fight outside, I want the man to fight to win cheesy, I love that kind of thing.

You should see my dad cheesy
He has a funny title his age grade call him and I love the title. They know him, he enters a place and every trouble maker, every village bully, every in-law denying widows of land or anything begin to shiver cos they know he has come in. That's the kind of man I want.

Lol about the guy grin. You wicked joor ...lol. You just said he sacked himself cheesy. They sacked him na. Oh well, yea, we have enough diesel to last us for a while but we may need to get diesel oil soon though, he used the last one before he left.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Presents Budget To National Assembly December 6 / Nigeria Flood Watch / State Govt Of Osun New Policies On Education, What's Your Opinion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.