Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? (6304 Views)

Do South West Have Any Resources That Are Exported To Bring In Dollars For FG / I Rejected Biafra With Only 5 Igbo States, I Want Rivers, Benue Too– Nnamdi Kanu / Why Do South-east Fight For Their South- South Anioma People But..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by EdibleCatering: 5:57am On Jul 20, 2016
StOla:

Is Hausa or Fulani territory only in the North West or North East?

Is Yoruba territory only in the SouthWest?

If the Yoruba parts of Kwara (2/3 by senatorial zone) is included as a state of its own in the SW, and same is done to the Yoruba part of Kogi (1/3 by senatorial zone), then the SW would have 8 states.

Do the same to the Hausa-Fulani parts of Niger State, Plateau, and Taraba states all in the North Central, and the North West and North East will have new states to raise their tally.

So even if the Asaba, Aniocha and Kwale parts of Delta (1/3 of Delta by senatorial zone) are included in the SE as a state of its own, the SE will still lag behind other regions

The Igbo man would still complain and will still remain miserable no matter how you dice this issue.

What you don't have, you simply don't have.

you may not be too far away from the truth sha.
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Babacele: 8:05am On Jul 20, 2016
amicable09:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
You are right. I like e-truce. But I expect that quick remorseful action when the quarrel is between us grin. When it is a fight outside, I want the man to fight to win cheesy, I love that kind of thing.

You should see my dad cheesy
He has a funny title his age grade call him and I love the title. They know him, he enters a place and every trouble maker, every village bully, every in-law denying widows of land or anything begin to shiver cos they know he has come in. That's the kind of man I want.

Lol about the guy grin. You wicked joor ...lol. You just said he sacked himself cheesy. They sacked him na. Oh well, yea, we have enough diesel to last us for a while but we may need to get diesel oil soon though, he used the last one before he left.
hahaha......sorry about d guy but he should have bought his own cow to milk it anyhow he likes naa.
Your dad would just be too happy to have his special traits maintained, modernized and transfered to his grandchildren courtesy of a replica :a no nonsense but merciful 1 man army in law of an Om...that slays e-witches and e-wizards alike n give them sleepiness nites to the extend that they formed a special e-coven on watsapp to discuss about how to bay for his blood but all to no avail cos he wins most of his e-battles..not to talk of the hailings from admirers he frees from these odd fellows' mind grip or enslavement just like yr dad. you see you are getting 2 for 1: yr dad traits and a husby, only you . but its like u ve pushed d guy away sef. lols.

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by amicable09(f): 8:57am On Jul 20, 2016
Babacele:
hahaha......sorry about d guy but he should have bought his own cow to milk it anyhow he likes naa.
Your dad would just be too happy to have his special traits maintained, modernized and transfered to his grandchildren courtesy of a replica :a no nonsense but merciful 1 man army in law of an Om...that slays e-witches and e-wizards alike n give them sleepiness nites to the extend that they formed a special e-coven on watsapp to discuss about how to bay for his blood but all to no avail cos he wins most of his e-battles..not to talk of the hailings from admirers he frees from these odd fellows' mind grip or enslavement just like yr dad. you see you are getting 2 for 1: yr dad traits and a husby, only you . but its like u ve pushed d guy away sef. lols.
Lol. He should have.

Mmmh grin... You mean your ome has gone through all this? shocked
Now that's awesome! I like people who keep their enemies awake, giving them jobs to do while they sleep cheesy... But uhm... Ome is engaged. I found another young man in politics section who shares the same traits with the ones listed here. He has loads of enemies, opposition here and there. Every comment he drops is controversial. I like him cheesy

They are always quoting him and showing him facts and figures but he doesn't bulge, he's a great person to converse with I want to believe cool. One day I will say hi to him wink. Don't freak out when I do o cos you always disagree with the dude on political and economic issues cheesy
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Paretomaster(m): 9:00am On Jul 20, 2016
kingzizzy:

States are not based based on land mass,but on population. Lagos is like half the size of the smallest Igbo state, Abia state, but the same Lagos has a population of half the entire North.

Idealy, Anioma state should be the 6th Igbo state but powers that be have refused it. Anyway, whenever regionalism returns, we Igbos are going to dissolve all 5 states and end 'divide and rule'

hold it right there......lagos have the population no doubt..but half the entire North? are u kidding me, did u know d population of Kano alone?....
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Babacele: 9:03am On Jul 20, 2016
amicable09:

Lol. He should have.

Mmmh grin... You mean your ome has gone through all this? shocked
Now that's awesome! I like people who keep their enemies awake, giving them jobs to do while they sleep cheesy... But uhm... Ome is engaged. I found another young man in politics section who shares the same traits with the ones listed here. He has loads of enemies, opposition here and there. Every comment he drops is controversial. I like him cheesy

They are always quoting him and showing him facts and figures but he doesn't bulge, he's a great person to converse with I want to believe cool. One day I will say hi to him wink. Don't freak out when I do o cos you always disagree with the dude on political and economic issues cheesy
I won't freak out even if I freak inside but won't hesitate to save you from him if needs be.......lols.
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by amicable09(f): 9:05am On Jul 20, 2016
Babacele:
I won't freak out even if I freak inside but won't hesitate to save you from him if needs be.......lols.
grin grin grin
I knew you were going to add that last part cheesy
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by nijabazaar: 10:58am On Jul 20, 2016
Kyase:
The whole of SE is not up to plateau state.

i'd rather be Taiwan than Mali.
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by kingzizzy: 11:35am On Jul 20, 2016
Paretomaster:

hold it right there......lagos have the population no doubt..but half the entire North? are u kidding me, did u know d population of Kano alone?....

Lagos is estimated to have a population that is close to 25 million people. The entire North has a conservative population of 50 Million
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Paretomaster(m): 11:53am On Jul 20, 2016
kingzizzy:

Lagos is estimated to have a population that is close to 25 million people. The entire North has a conservative population of 50 Million

according to who?....can u give me fact and figures, cos last time I checked the census out Kano as more populated than Lagos.

so until another census, it's all hearsay...

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/Nigeria06CensusFigs.html
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by kingzizzy: 12:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
Paretomaster:

according to who?....can u give me fact and figures, cos last time I checked the census out Kano as more populated than Lagos.

so until another census, it's all hearsay...

http://www.nigeriamasterweb.com/Nigeria06CensusFigs.html

You are using Census figures that were highly discredited and rejected. There is no way Kano can be populated than Lagos

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Babacele: 12:05pm On Jul 20, 2016
amicable09:

grin grin grin
I knew you were going to add that last part cheesy
mind reader tell me something...

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Henrydone: 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2016
kolaaderin:
Take a good look at size of your region compared with others and tell me a single reasonable reason why we should not merge to reduce the five states to three.

Don't mind them they reason through skin hair cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by kolaaderin: 1:11pm On Jul 20, 2016
Henrydone:
Don't mind them they reason through skin hair cheesy cheesy grin

The whole region is just about the size of OYO state alone.

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by wroskian(m): 5:34pm On Jul 20, 2016
amicable09:

cheesy cheesy cheesy
You should see my dad cheesy
He has a funny title his age grade call him and I love the title. They know him, he enters a place and every trouble maker, every village bully, every in-law denying widows of land or anything begin to shiver cos they know he has come in. That's the kind of man I want.
I am that kind of MAN. cool
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Ngozi123(f): 6:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
omenka:
She has suddenly lost her grasp of english. cheesycheesy

That is how they behave, when shiit hits the fan and there's no hiding place, go TRIBAL so your tribesmen could rally to your rescue with supportive comments and likes. grin

Next time my dear, look before you leap. I no be your mate. wink

Good night.

Who are they?
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by amicable09(f): 6:46pm On Jul 20, 2016
wroskian:

I am that kind of MAN. cool
Lol. Wroski the man! cheesy
I'll put you to a test. just wait.

On a serious note, you are too cool cheesy. In fact, you are among the friends I'll remember to as coolest on NL. You don't argue, you don't fight, you have never had an enemy here. How do you manage to do that? I need to know.
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Ngozi123(f): 6:58pm On Jul 20, 2016
I wonder why some non-Igbos felt that their input was needed in this thread. From reading the op, Adure4ever seemed to allude to the injustices that have been handed out to the Igbos over the last few decades. I didn't see any mention of Yoruba or Hausa anywhere in her op so I don't understand why some people are trying to turn this into a tribal bashing thread. If you are a Yoruba person and you feel that the Yorubas have been persecuted or mistreated by Nigeria in any way then feel free to make your own thread to voice your concerns, likewise for an Hausa, Bini person etc.

This is the exact reason why this country cannot move forward; whenever someone speaks out against injustice, rather than try to help that person, people use it as an opportunity to complain about their problems.

1 Like

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by Henrydone: 9:00pm On Jul 20, 2016
Ngozi123:
I wonder why some non-Igbos felt that their input was needed in this thread. From reading the op, Adure4ever seemed to allude to the injustices that have been handed out to the Igbos over the last few decades. I didn't see any mention of Yoruba or Hausa anywhere in her op so I don't understand why some people are trying to turn this into a tribal bashing thread. If you are a Yoruba person and you feel that the Yorubas have been persecuted or mistreated by Nigeria in any way then feel free to make your own thread to voice your concerns, likewise for an Hausa, Bini person etc.

This is the exact reason why this country cannot move forward; whenever someone speaks out against injustice, rather than try to help that person, people use it as an opportunity to complain about their problems.
The agitation does not make sense infact south east has to be reduced to three states take a look at the land mass

2 Likes

Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by ElDeeVee(m): 9:16pm On Jul 20, 2016
amicable09:

On a serious note, you are too cool cheesy. In fact, you are among the friends I'll remember to as coolest on NL. You don't argue, you don't fight, you have never had an enemy here. How do you manage to do that? I need to know.

He's not like me abi
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by OgundeleT(m): 9:56pm On Jul 20, 2016
Henrydone:
The agitation does not make sense infact south east has to be reduced to three states take a look at the land mass
dont mind them jare. abuja land mass alone is bigger than the largest state in SE
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by badnature: 10:07pm On Jul 20, 2016
By the mentioning of the name#Biafra! Every BABOONS AND MONKEYS will start jumping up and down,you don't want the ibo at the same time you want to force unity on them
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by amicable09(f): 10:32pm On Jul 20, 2016
ElDeeVee:

He's not like me abi
Lolz. See fight personified! Who fight reach you for Nairaland?
There's no day you escape it. It's always Mortal Combat on here with ElDeeVee. cheesy.
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by ElDeeVee(m): 10:54pm On Jul 20, 2016
amicable09:

Lolz. See fight personified!
Who fight reach you for Nairaland?

There's no day you escape it.
It's always Mortal Combat on here with ElDe.eVee. cheesy.

Hmmm.....Amy you know me na; I'm a very gentle boi.

What you call fight is simply expressing my distaste at some posts and it's never been personal to say the least. Never!
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by amicable09(f): 11:17pm On Jul 20, 2016
ElDeeVee:

Hmmm.....Amy you know me na; I'm a very gentle boi.

What you call fight is simply expressing my distaste at some posts and it's never been personal to say the least. Never!
I know you na Chairman LDV.

But why do I feel like your attacks on me here are all personal? Why?

I forgive you sha. Like always, I forgive you.
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by ElDeeVee(m): 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
amicable09:

I know you na Chairman LDV.

But why do I feel like your attacks on me here are all personal? Why?

I forgive you sha. Like always, I forgive you.

Attacks on you

Show me one of the.'attacks' biko
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by ogawisdom(m): 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
Kyase:
The whole of SE is not up to plateau state.

D number of ppl living there minus igbos there's is not up to that in 5 LGAs at Enugu, landmass does nt count ppl population do
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by amicable09(f): 10:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
ElDeeVee:

Attacks on you
Show me one of the.'attacks' biko
Those ones you attach photos to. cheesy
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by ElDeeVee(m): 10:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
amicable09:

Those ones you attach photos to. cheesy

Just show me one.
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by amicable09(f): 11:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
ElDeeVee:

Just show me one.
Lol. I will source for 'them'.
Uhm... noticed your siggy just changed *winks* I like this one cheesy. Oya leave NL and dial her number.
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by raumdeuter: 5:15am On Jul 22, 2016
this thread and OP make no sense
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by wroskian(m): 3:47pm On Jul 22, 2016
amicable09:

The Bible told me to be at peace with all men. wink smiley

Btw, na who e-fight and e-enemies don epp? If you want to fight me, locate me. cheesy
Re: Why Do South East Have Only 5 States? by cleansystem(m): 4:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
joblessness. ...
omenka:
Okay.. I believe you aren't an illiterate- so, let's do a little math.

You say I'm "always online" right?

Now:

You, Ada, have these stats:

Time registered: November 24, 2015.

Time spent online: 1 month & 13 days.

It means you have spent an average of 1/8 months of your time since registering on the forum online.

In terms of percentage, that is approximately 13% of your time ONLINE.

Me on the other hand, here are my stats:

Time registered: March 24, 2008.

Time spent online: 6 months & 13 days.

This means I've spent an average of 6/100 months of my time since registering on the forum online.

In terms of percentage, that is simply 6% of my time ONLINE!

Now Ada, place those figures side by side and think about your life for a second. Tell yourself the truth about who "spends all day on the forum" and needs the "5,000 stipend". wink

To put it simply, you have spent over twice as much time as I have online!

Can you see how smart you appear now? grin

Na so una go just carry anger dey embarrass unaselves upandan. cheesy

Pele.

Errrm, back to the matter, do you have any info on Game of Thrones S7 my dear?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

As Okorocha Bows Out As The Governor Of Imo State By Wisdom Nwedene(photos) / Meet The Newly Launched South East Ebubeagu Security Network(photos) / I Will Be Hanging This Picture In My Office Come May 29 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.