Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai (5654 Views)

The Tanko Yakassai Interview On Channels TV Everyone Is Talking About (Video) / Femi Fani-kayode‏ Blasts Tanko Yakassai Over Channels Tv Interview - Pictures / Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by lamzybaby: 12:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
Warns, ‘don’t get instigated by Yorubas to commit another suicide’

Elder statesman and chairman of the Northern Elders Council, NEC, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai has warned Igbo people against becoming victims of Yoruba instigation again, as ongoing calls for restructuring now is similar to what they instigated that caused the civil war.
Yakassai gave the advice in an interview with Nigerian Pilot, where he alleged that Igbos were instigated to go into secession for Biafra by the Yorubas who later turned around and occupied positions left vacant due to the war

More; http://nigerianpilot.com/restructuring-calls-fears-igbos-yakassai/

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by adekolaelect(m): 12:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
A word is enough 4 the wise
Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by loopman: 12:52pm On Jul 21, 2016
Yorubas are definitely the tribe that hold the key to unlock the logjam that Nigeria is.
The Igbos will blame Yorubas for their continued presence in Nigeria.
Hausas will tell Igbos that Yorubas are ones instigating them to leave Nigeria.
That useless old goat Yakassai is as foolish as fools come.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by alade112(m): 1:06pm On Jul 21, 2016
I just realized that yoruba is the most powerful tribe in Nigeria. We own Nigeria When we are ready to dissolve it, Surely it will be successful buh let's maintain Nigeria for nowcheesy.
Blames left N right like say na only us dey Nigeria

Biafra cannot be actualised without the support of yorubas- Igbos

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by ZeroTolerance: 1:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
Just look at the comments above, I don't know why some people enjoy deceiving themselves. Yorubas hold the key to dissolve Nigeria? That is because Igbos already want Biafra and Yorubas joining the clamour for disintegration will be 2 major ethnic groups against one, it's that simple. Imagine Igbos and Hausas insisting on one Nigeria, can Yorubas alone disintegrate the country? Stop the sophisticated self deceit.

42 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by ZeroTolerance: 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
The same way they foolishly claim they are the king makers in Nigeria. If the 3 zones in the north vote in one direction and one of the 3 zones in the south joint them, isn't it obvious where the majority would come from? That zone could be SE or SS the result will still be the same.
Yorubas stop the sophisticated self deceit

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by alade112(m): 1:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
“I had impression that most of the industries in Lagos and surrounding areas are owned by Yoruba, until recently when I read the open letter written by Gen. A. Adebayo to Tinubu. In the letter, he sighted that the industries in Ibadan are owned by Indians and Lebanese, and the ones in Lagos are owned by Igbos. I didn’t know until that time when I read it.
Lol! So Yakassai at his old age believed that trash written by Adebayo No need to go there despite the fact that we av dealt with them on that topic here on nairaland.

Yakassai is saying sweet words so that you people won't leave the Union. I know many of you will hail/ praise this old man but at the end of the day you will still shout b|afra or death Na hausa sense nw. Igbos will partner with hausa for Koro Dy will come out ni gbangba to blame yoruba

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by newbornmacho(m): 1:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
alade112:
I just realized that yoruba is the most powerful tribe in Nigeria. We own Nigeria When we are ready to dissolve it, Surely it will be successful buh let's maintain Nigeria for nowcheesy.
Blames left N right like say na only us dey Nigeria

Biafra cannot be actualised without the support of yorubas- Igbos
own Lagos and kwara first, then you can talk about Nigeria. You are as powerful as... Abeg no let me talk to you.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
We have always warned the Igbo's that biafra or restructuring is not what they need to move forward, but will they ever listen? These are golden words from elder stateman like yakassai advicing the Igbo's to stop been political pawns in the hands of every region. Yorubas own the key to one Nigeria and it's disintegration. We will not let Igbo's go anywhere. One Nigeria is what Zik and Ironsi preached, one Nigeria we shall remain sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by wristbangle: 1:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
The truth is if yoruba secede from Nigeria, that's the end of this country becos N and SS/SE can't stay together. SW forms the covalent bond of one Nigeria.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by alade112(m): 1:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
newbornmacho:
own Lagos and kwara first, then you can talk about Nigeria. You are as powerful as... Abeg no let me talk to you.

Kwara ( Yoruba: Ìpínlẹ̀ Kwárà ) is a state in Western Nigeria but NC geopolitically?? . Its capital is
Ilorin . The primary ethnic group of Kwara State is Yoruba , with significant
Nupe , Bariba, and Fulani minorities.

Hope you know the meaning of primary Who's the Governor of the state Abdul fatai Ahmed from Share

Here are local governments in Kwara state

Asa,Baruten,Edu,Ekiti,Ifelodun,Ilorin East,Ilorin South,Ilorin West,Irepodun,Isin
,Kaiama,Moro,Offa,Oke Ero,Oyun,Pategi and fufu Tell me the ones that yorubas dont own excepts the one's for Nupes/baribas Stop saying what you dont know

Bros who dey control lagos abeg Na igbos abi na hausa Fashola deported some people Una shout Ambode ban street hawking una yell The last time i checked Ambode is from Anambra state

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by wordcat(m): 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
ZeroTolerance:
Just look at the comments above, I don't know why some people enjoy deceiving themselves. Yorubas hold the key to dissolve Nigeria? That is because Igbos already want Biafra and Yorubas joining the clamour for disintegration will be 2 major ethnic groups against one, it's that simple. Imagine Igbos and Hausas insisting on one Nigeria, can Yorubas alone disintegrate the country? Stop the sophisticated self deceit.

You have forgotten that the yorobbers are the Sophisticated Boiling Frog.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by wordcat(m): 1:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
newbornmacho:

As powerful as the Frog in the Water Theory

4 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Mmmmmm.

What is really going on that even the northerners are now blaming yoruba for everything?

Sanusi stated before that yorubas are Nigeria's problem and here we are again with this one blaming the yorubas.

Many questions require answers. undecided
Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:
[s]We have always warned the Igbo's that biafra or restructuring is not what they need to move forward, but will they ever listen? These are golden words from elder stateman like yakassai advicing the Igbo's to stop been political pawns in the hands of every region. Yorubas own the key to one Nigeria and it's disintegration. We will not let Igbo's go anywhere. One Nigeria is what Zik and Ironsi preached, one Nigeria we shall remain sad[/s]

This hausa/fulani man, be proud of yourself nah.

7 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
loopman:
Yorubas are definitely the tribe that hold the key to unlock the logjam that Nigeria is.
The Igbos will blame Yorubas for their continued presence in Nigeria.
Hausas will tell Igbos that Yorubas are ones instigating them to leave Nigeria.
That useless old goat Yakassai is as foolish as fools come.

You sound pained by the man's comments.

The truth is that yorubas cannot leave Nigeria if the north and Igbos say they must stay.

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
ZeroTolerance:
The same way they foolishly claim they are the king makers in Nigeria. If the 3 zones in the north vote in one direction and one of the 3 zones in the south joint them, isn't it obvious where the majority would come from? That zone could be SE or SS the result will still be the same.
Yorubas stop the sophisticated self deceit

Honestly I don't understand why they overrate themselves, you have said it all.

Once the north is united, all they need is one region from the south, it could be SE, SW or SS but the outcome will be the same so I just don't understand.

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
this Yakasai guy is hilarious,in what ways are Yorubas instigating Ibos for Biafra,was Ojukwu a Yoruba man or maybe Nnamdi Kanu is now Yoruba.
the funny part was how the guy summarized the whole Biafra issue as suicide,Lol!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by loopman: 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
AgentOrange:

You sound pained by the man's comments.

The truth is that yorubas cannot leave Nigeria if the north and Igbos say they must stay.

Right from 1966 - 2016, the Nigeria Army have been having regular live shooting practices with renegades like you shouting Biafra as the targets.
When Yorubas threatened Nigeria unity in 1993, you all ran back to alaibo, Nigeria had no choice but to quickly make peace with them.

10 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
loopman:

Right from 1966 - 2016, the Nigeria Army have been having regular live hooting practices with renegades like you shouting Biafra the targets.
When Yorubas threatened Nigeria unity in 1993, you all ran back to alaibo, Nigeria had no choice but to quickly make peace with them.

1996 was a war, if you want to know whether you will be used for shooting practise or not, declare Oduduwa republic.

Test and see how it will be so that you will know how much the Nigerian Army value Yorubas.

See whether y'll will not crowd yourselves as refugees in Cotonou.. cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by loopman: 2:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
AgentOrange:

Honestly I don't understand why they overrate themselves, you have said it all.

Once the north is united, all they need is one region from the south, it could be SE, SW or SS but the outcome will be the same so I just don't understand.

The core North have been queueing behind Buhari since eons with nothing but failure at the polls, until now that the people that can easily sway the opinions of Nigeria decided to support him with their press machinery. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by loopman: 2:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
AgentOrange:

1996 was a war, if you want to know whether you will used for target practise or not, declare Oduduwa republic.

Test and see how it will be so that you will know how much the Nigerian Army value Yorubas.

Sharappppp!
Which war did you fight in 1996? grin
Y'all think the only way to secede from a country is going to war? Yoruba will not shoot a single bullet to dismember this country if they need to. cool

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
loopman:

The core North have been queueing behind Buhari since eons with nothing but failure at the polls, until now that the people that can easily sway the opinions of Nigeria decided to support him with their press machinery. grin grin

Buhari did not win by any press machinery, he won because the entire north queued behind him and they got one region from the south i.e, the SW so he won.

It is as simple as ABC, nothing special. Infact, what the Yorubas did with Buhari the Igbos did many years back with Shagari so what are you saying?

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
loopman:

Sharappppp!
Which war did you fight in 1996? grin
Y'all think the only way to secede from a country is going to war? Yoruba will not shoot a single bullet to dismember this country if they need to. cool

You were saying Nigeria values you so am I saying that you should test how much you are valued by seceding; body go tell una.

Try it and see whether you will not be used for shooting practice, simple.

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by loopman: 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
AgentOrange:

You were saying Nigeria values you so am I saying that you should test how much you are valued by secceding, body go tell una.

Try it and see whether you will not be used for shooting practise, simple.
Iv'e been interacting with a dunce obviously with no brain to process his thoughts. angry

5 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by newbornmacho(m): 2:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
wordcat:

As powerful as the Frog in the Water Theory
no mind them

1 Like

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by loopman: 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
AgentOrange:

[s]Buhari did not win by any press machinery, he won because the entire north queued behind him and they got one region from the south i.e, the SW so he won.

It is as simple as ABC, nothing special. Infact, what the Yorubas did with Buhari the Igbos did many years back with Shagari so what are you saying?[/s]

Rubbish! cool

Yakkassai have given you his warnings, don't let Yorubas lead you into another mass-suicide like zombies. grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
loopman:

Iv'e been interacting with a dunce obviously with no brain to process his thoughts. angry

Oga stop diverting from the issue, if you want to know how Nigerian Army values Yorubas you can test it by declaring oduduwa republic, then we can continue from there.

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by oduastates: 2:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
Useless fossil.
Just listen to this old compound fool.
Have we not seen the stats from the federal civil service.
Perhaps they should add the armed forces ( police, military, quarantine, customs,prisons etc.

Any yoruba who is still shouting one -Nigeria honestly needs to get his checked.
Buried in this statement is an evil as bad as Rwanda.
We have heard the same thing from other old thieving fools who are afraid their pet criminal plc is going down the toilet. This is because only the SW ask the relevant questions.

We just need critical mass at home

South and Central America / carribeans is a slam dunk in a UN vote . We only need to start pushing other areas.

Reason for succession

Preservation of our way of life , culture ,religion and ancient civilisation.

6 Likes

Re: Restructuring Calls: My Fears For Igbos – Yakassai by AgentOrange: 2:37pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hagm0nd:
this Yakasai guy is hilarious,in what ways are Yorubas instigating Ibos for Biafra,was Ojukwu a Yoruba man or maybe Nnamdi Kanu is now Yoruba.
the funny part was how the guy summarized the whole Biafra issue as suicide,Lol!

In third world Nigeria, the quest for self determination is interpreted as suicide.

Marriage must continue by force or you die.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 PDP Ward Chairmen Dump PDP In Benue, Join APC / The beautiful city of kaduna 2020(pictures) / Outrage Over Viral Video Of 19 Herders Killed In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.