Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) (42655 Views)

Stop Drinking Garri – Governor Okorocha Warns Imo Residents Over Lassa Fever / Senator Isiaka Adeleke Buried Amid Tears (Photos) / Umaru Shinkafi's Corpse Arrives Sokoto Amid Tears. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Gistarena(m): 3:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
The people of Imo State are in pain as Governor Rochas Okorocha continues his massive demolition exercise of alleged illegal structures in the state.

Many have complained that the state government did not provide an alternative for the poor masses who are mainly affected by demolition exercise before embarking on such hostile exercise. He has been labeled a 'tyrant' by his people who have continued to shed tears since the exercise continued as they have nowhere to go, sleep or do business anymore.

http://www.gistarena.com.ng/2016/07/imo-residents-in-tears-as-okorocha.html

4 Shares

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by HungerBAD: 3:40pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is very simple.

Follow the rules of laws in your State.

It is not the job of the Government,to relocate people who build illegal structures,on grounds they should first of all not have gone near.

And one thing I know,and that is the part of the story we usually never hear. Government usually,sometimes for years tell them to move,but many usually stay put and then we get this kind of pictures.

I stand on the side of good Governance.

No to illegal structures.

176 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by alade112(m): 3:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
#Sad! But in every development there must be a destruction

Destruction breeds creation,if something fall apart,that leaves room for a

new beginning

#Ask developed States!

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Vendoor(f): 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
What a pity... Sorry for your loss
Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Adaowerri111: 3:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
A welcome development, Imo must be better

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by PROVERBZ(m): 3:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
[i]yey ogah kwantinue, hope its going to be replaced by beautiful and standard structures, and don't forget to compensate em effected by this great news[/I]
Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by lionness(f): 3:51pm On Jul 21, 2016
My people and excessive lies. This is massive indeed. Even the chicken coops massive pass this. What sane governor won't tear rubbish like this down. Now I know why some region celebrate the mere construction of roads with no drainages. Such backwardness. Shio!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by DaBullIT(m): 4:12pm On Jul 21, 2016
So this is where they live in Obodo Imo , no wonder they love lagos

Back to topic , those aren't houses , and it shouldn't be a problem getting them some fees , but in reality , for something to be better it has to pass through the worse

Aregbesola took down houses in Osun

Ajimobi Busted Iwo road, gate and some other areas

Fashola & Ambo both destroyed houses and shops

But look where those cities are today All new, all improved all better

So let there be no complaints about this for it will give rise to something better

htwoow

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by johnwizey: 4:54pm On Jul 21, 2016
Na poultry be dis nw, were the house

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by wristbangle: 5:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
Even If obiano destroys a legal structure, some set of people will still hail him. They shouldn't allow political difference and tribal bigot becloud their silly judgement.

Mind you, the structures look like a poultry farm or kiosk for ogogoro people.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
alade112:
#Sad! But in every development there must be a destruction

Destruction breeds creation,if something fall apart,that leaves room for a

new beginning

#Ask developed States!

Maybe Nigeria should be destroyed so that it can be recreated

11 Likes

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Abagworo(m): 5:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
eeya I feel for the small girl on phone. "Mummy mummy they have destroyed everything we have" .

I am one of Okorocha's hardest core supporters but he needs to mellow down a little bit and compensate these poor ones even if their structure is illegal.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Abagworo(m): 5:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
wristbangle:
Even If obiano destroys a legal structure, some set of people will still hail him. They should not allow political difference and tribal bigot becloud their silly judgement.

Mind you, the structures look like a poultry farm or kiosk for ogogoro people.

"Sometimes what seemeth right unto man lead to destruction". At least 30% of Nigerians live in those "poultry farms" for "Ogogoro people". We should condemn total destruction of slums since the world is not ready to provide a solution.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
I stand with Rochas on this one, there are so many illegal structures in owerri, making the roads so shallow for movement of both pedestrians and others. Esp that Douglas of a place

Like if you support this movement grin

22 Likes

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by greggng: 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
I attended a crusade and someone touched my shoulder & said "TODAY YOU WILL WALK".. I didn't bother to turn because I'm not disabled. Later, I couldn't find my transport money.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by jay2pee(m): 6:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
I hope there's a compensation for them?

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by babyfaceafrica: 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
Noted

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
a
Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by batista181(m): 6:41pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is very painful
Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by IMASTEX: 6:42pm On Jul 21, 2016
It is becoming clearer that APC doesn't mean well. You couldn't provide jobs as promised, you added inflation. Now some persons are trying to make a living you guys still go after them without first providing alternative.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by goshen26: 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
OK...
No brown roof... From the bEAST

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by geraldgiz(m): 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
This okorocha is really helping APC to progress their destruction agenda in the south east. How can a govt be destroying properties where the poor and the average citizens depend for their income without any incentive , this is bad. I don't hate development, but it's good to consider those that will be mostly affected and compensate them.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by ikarm17: 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
DaBullIT:
So this is where they live in Obodo Imo , no wonder they love lagos

Back to topic , those aren't houses , and it shouldn't be a problem getting them some fees , but in reality , for something to be better it has to pass through the worse

Aregbesola took down houses in Osun

Ajimobi Busted Iwo road, gate and some other areas

Fashola & Ambo both destroyed houses and shops

But look where those cities are today All new, all improved all better

So let there be no complaints about this for it will give rise to something better

htwoow

ahahhahahaa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by idupaul: 6:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Common just one hardworking Igbo millionaire can compensate all of them from his jeans back pocket..from my calculations all the zinc corrugated roofing sheets demolished can't be more than 60k

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by aloziedaya(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
At the end of the day, Okorocha will not build anything. This is just avenues to cover up his loot in the state.
After how many years, it's now he's thinking of developing Owerri.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by princeakins(m): 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
Sigh undecided
Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by mommaade(f): 6:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
Very sad
Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is a badt news

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Olachase(m): 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
how can they be living in such bad house cry cry cry cry
Re: Okorocha Continues His Massive Demolition, Imo Residents In Tears (photos) by Cutezt(m): 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
As sad as this is, I can proudly say that Okeira Nla, in Ajah needs this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Calls On The IGP To Release Her Detained Staff / Olayomi Koiki Storms Lagos Streets, Canvasses For Creation Of Yoruba Nation / Former President Jonathan's Son Hale And Hearty - Aides - Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.