Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? (743 Views)

Operation Python Dance Is An Act Of Terror - Chuks Nwachukwu, Legal Practitioner / Why North’ll Continue To Be Problem To Nigeria –balarabe Musa / "This Country Doesn't Give A Damn" - Femi Adesina's 2012 Article (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by bongolistik(m): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
No doubt that our country Nigeria is so decayed from all perspectives or all angles you might want to view from.

I just finished reading a FP topic where somebody was molested and harassed by the Nigerian Police for having a foreign number on his phone and many people saw it as normal thing that happens when Nigerian Police are mentioned.

And truth is that we all know that they even do much more than that when it comes to harassment of law abiding citizens.

Yes not only the Nigerian Police but things like these are common in all other sectors of the country.

And it is appalling that we have descended so low in this country that the lawlessness in the land has no bearing again and that people have even started accepting all manners of inhuman, barbaric attitude from politicians, law enforcement agencies and every other group of people as norm.

I read how a police man shot an Okada man in Enugu for a mare commotion that the Okada man is not even partaking on, and though the policeman also met his untimely death as result of jungle justice that was metted upon him ( case of two wrongs here).

I created a thread this morning and posted the pic below on how the so called Road safety officials are maintaining the road safety, which they preach; and one of the commenters was saying that he was shocked that I am surprise and that is it not Nigeria.

Meaning that we have all accepted the ills that are bedevilling the progress of this nation and have given up on any possible corrective measures that can be adopted to put the nation back on track.

My questions are these;

Should we just continue living in the country as a failed state and continue to receive whatever form of harassment, injustice that we get from anybody?

Should we continue living in the country where we no longer know our rights and that our rights can be trampled by any group of person at any time and nothing will be done?

Remember that it could be your turn tomorrow where a policeman will harass you for doing nothing.

Is there a way forward in this country or has every possible way forward been exhausted and the only thing remaining is to just fold all our arms and watch the country continue to go down?

Has Nigeria lost all its noble and brave men?

Can this country rise?

These and many more questions I want to leave you with to keep pondering upon

1 Like

Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by ClitRaider: 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
We have to live it. Such is life in Nigeria.
Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by opeaceo: 3:57pm On Jul 21, 2016
There's nothing that can be done. There is no system in place to check their excesses or even reprimand them. They act like Demi gods and since they carry rifles, I opeaceo wouldn't put my life on the line to enforce my right. Others may do it, but I can't.

1 Like

Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by hahn(m): 4:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
opeaceo:
There's nothing that can be done. There is no system in place to check their excesses or even reprimand them. They act like Demi gods and since they carry rifles, I opeaceo wouldn't put my life on the line to enforce my right. Others may do it, but I can't.

But you are born again na. To go heaven no suppose fear you tongue

I agree with you sha. Nigeria is not worth dying for undecided

Make money, join politics and poop on the head of the masses. That's the plan cool

1 Like

Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by Vendoor(f): 4:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
Nigeria youths are cowards... Too much love for pussy. Just see the kind of topic they flood on Nairaland

7 reasons why your girlfriend will leave you

20 ways to satisfy a woman in bed

Olosho joints in Nigeria

See the big buzz I spotted on twitter E.t.c

While the Leaders have looted their future and even that of their forth generation. embarassed

Cowards !

1 Like

Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by opeaceo: 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
hahn:

But you are born again na. To go heaven no suppose fear you tongue

I agree with you sha. Nigeria is not worth dying for undecided

Make money, join politics and poop on the head of the masses. That's the plan cool

What has being born again got to do with my statement?? Have I ever told you I'm born again??

Any comment I make, you throw in the religious angle, do I owe you or something?? It can be funny sometimes but not all the time. know when to use your sarcasm, know when you shouldn't.

1 Like

Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by Markshevy(m): 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2016
No because if we continue like this, I wonder what will be left for generations yet unborn to learn.Gradually we are setting a bad record and destroying our constitution that took our fore fathers time to registrate.

1 Like

Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by opeaceo: 4:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
Vendoor:
Nigeria youths are cowards... Too much love for pussy. Just see the kind of topic they flood on Nairaland

Olosho joints in Nigeria

While the Leaders have looted their future and even that of their forth generation. embarassed

Cowards !

Blame our thought process o jaare, that's what the average youth focuses on, you forgot "he's from my tribe, he isn't a Muslim".

We are doomed!!!

2 Likes

Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by EMMYLBANKS(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2016
Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by oduastates: 4:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
ClitRaider:
We have to live it.
Such is life in Nigeria.

In this statement above lies the problem.
No you don't.

2 Likes

Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by ClitRaider: 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
oduastates:

In this statement above lies the problem. No you don't.
I meant we have to live with it.. Cos that's what the system is made of.

1 Like

Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by ClitRaider: 4:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
Vendoor:

Olosho joints in Nigeria

Cowards !
Onkpe!
Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by johnwizey: 4:48pm On Jul 21, 2016
Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by hahn(m): 6:59am On Jul 22, 2016
opeaceo:

What has being born again got to do with my statement?? Have I ever told you I'm born again??

Any comment I make, you throw in the religious angle, do I owe you or something?? It can be funny sometimes but not all the time. know when to use your sarcasm, know when you shouldn't.

Oh, sorry. My bad.

I assumed it was Jesus first and everything else second. Now I know better smiley
Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by babyfaceafrica: 7:14am On Jul 22, 2016
Not only Nigeria ..its everywhere,let us just try to mitigate it.
Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by opeaceo: 8:26am On Jul 22, 2016
hahn:

Oh, sorry. My bad.

I assumed it was Jesus first and everything else second. Now I know better smiley

Seriously?? I have nothing to say to you.
Re: Should We Continue To Take Every Act Of Lawlessness In This Country As Norm? by hahn(m): 8:33am On Jul 22, 2016
opeaceo:

Seriously?? I have nothing to say to you.

undecided tongue

(1) (Reply)

Marginalization Of Edo State In Buhari's Appoinment A / Ondo Poll: PDP Elders Reject Central Candidacy As Attorney-general Resigns For G / No True Son Of Obaseki Will Vote For Ize-iyamu- Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.