Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:02 AM

BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! (6903 Views)

"We Will Support Buhari If He Contests In 2019" - South-East Elders Council / BREAKING: Igbo Must Go: Northern Elders Back Northern Youths On Quit Notice... / "FG Let Igbos Go": Northern Youths Call ECOWAS, AU, UN For Hastened Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by AmuDimpka: 5:32pm On Jul 21, 2016
BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will not let Igbos go – Northern Elders Council Chair, Yakassai
…Warns, ‘don’t get instigated by Yorubas to commit another suicide’

Chairman of the Northern Elders Council, NEC, Alhaji Tanko Yakassai has warned Igbo people against becoming victims of Yoruba instigation again, as ongoing calls for restructuring now is similar to what they instigated that caused the civil war.

Yakassai gave the advice in an interview with Nigerian Pilot, where he alleged that Igbos were instigated to go into secession for Biafra by the Yorubas who later turned around and occupied positions left vacant due to the war.

Yakassai said in case the Igbos were unaware, he had to inform them as a man who was star witness to all that took place at the time of secession declaration.

“Even if they are not in true position of all these things, people like me happened to know a whole lot. When the constitutional crises took place in 1963, I was already a journalist and Hausa editor of Daily Comment, dedicated to NEPU, my party.

I was an assistant publicity secretary of the party, so I know all the happenings – the action of Tony Enahoro, the boycott by northern members of house reps, the riot that followed the plan to turn Nigeria to confederation, and those who protested.”

According to him, “Only two people are everywhere in Nigeria – Igbos and Hausas. This is because Igbos are hardworking, and Hausas are everywhere because they are the only one that can do menial jobs.“Before the civil war started, the Yorubas said if Igbos are allowed to go, they too will go on the secession declaration.

“It was Chief Awolowo who said it openly and publicly; it was published in newspapers. He was the one that was sent by Gowon to talk to Odumegwu Ojukwu in the eve of the secession declaration not to secede.

“They met at the Niger Bridge. When he (Awo) came back, even though we did not know what they discussed personally, he said if the eastern people are allowed to go by any act of omission or commission the west will follow; if they secede the Yorubas will follow.

“That was what he said. By the time he said that, he was already mounting pressure on the northern soldiers stationed in the west to be removed, and Biafrans overran Midwest in Yoruba land. A Yoruba man, name forgotten, captured Ore.

“So if you look at agitation for restructuring that is coming, by and large, it is from the Yoruba. Now the Biafra agitation is in the South-East. My fear now is that I don’t want a situation where the Igbos will be instigated by the Yoruba to commit another suicide. Because by the time the Igbos went on Biafran secession they were the one occupying the position of influence and power, economically and in the civil service. They were made to leave and Yorubas took over, and look at Yoruba; I’m not anti Yoruba.

“The place Igbos left were occupied by Yoruba, particularly the civil service.

“Till today the Yoruba are the dominant elements in the bureaucracy of Nigeria. The Igbos lost that position almost forever. At that time the Igbos were in business; they were the leading elements in business. Now the Igbos are back again. Today they are the leading people in business. They have come back and have taken over trades and manufacturing industry.

“I had impression that most of the industries in Lagos and surrounding areas are owned by Yoruba, until recently when I read the open letter written by Gen. A. Adebayo to Tinubu. In the letter, he sighted that the industries in Ibadan are owned by Indians and Lebanese, and the ones in Lagos are owned by Igbos. I didn’t know until that time when I read it.

“If the Igbos say they are going through rebellion, God forbid, for whatever reasons, certainly, Nigerians will fight them, and if that happened they will lose their advantages in southern Nigeria. Go everywhere, you will see Igbos doing their business without anybody harassing them. So if they go Yoruba will take over. Even if it is Alaba market the Yorubas will gain control, for it’s a plus for them.

“But if this agitation is coming this time when Igbos, including their intellectuals,are all over Nigeria, it shows they were not born. Even if they are not in true position of all this things, people like me happened to know a whole lot. In fact, I was among 18 people arrested and latter, 15 convicted after three of us were set free. So I know the history and feel I should tell the younger generations to know. Igbos are new colonialists; there goods are everywhere in the country; if they go, their place will be down. If they come back to sell with their goods, they will be competing with India and China, as Yoruba will take over them. Simple example is European Union, with all the capital they control, they still talk about living together in unity using motto: ‘Together We Are Strong, Divide We fall,’ Yakassai noted.
Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by writetopoker: 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
Even Pharaoh and his useless Egytian army made the same statement in the Bible, what then happened.
So we should start crying or what?
Abeg, make dem enta bush jooooooor!!.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by limeta(f): 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
mallam f off

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by Vendoor(f): 5:49pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ok,,,,, Let them go, all this talk isn't necessary. It shouldn't be by force to live in a retrogressive country.

Peace

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by agabaI23(m): 5:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
Who is afraid of the Igbos leaving? Why do you want to keep them against their wish?

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by adeyak83(m): 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
Na by force?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
mumu op!adding his own nonsense to what yakasai said. spits on his flat.head

8 Likes

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by Almaiga: 6:01pm On Jul 21, 2016
I concur, Yeebos are going nowhere. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by todayboy: 6:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
This guy finish the afonjas

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by gsley: 6:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
This guy they fear because he no say hungry go beat yoruba nd people. He dey use style beg

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by babyfaceafrica: 6:27pm On Jul 21, 2016
Source?

1 Like

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by FagsamPHP(m): 6:28pm On Jul 21, 2016
To that Mod that Banned me from commenting for days, thunder Fire you oooo! Now i'm back....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by dealslip(f): 6:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
Yakassai leave all this story, if the Igbos want to go, how does it affect you. I am Yoruba and I concur that Biafra be allowed to go in peace. It is not by force to stay in an abusive marriage. the Igbos believe their creativity is being stifled period, there is no suicide to commit. If hunger will kill the Yorubas as he is suggesting, then let the Yorubas die. I am certain the Hausas will not die if the Igbos leave. Let the Igbos decide their fate themselves, he is trying to incite more violence from the Igbos who already are disgruntled and mistakenly think the Yorubas are their problem. You are saying if they attempt to leave, Nigeria will fight them and then you turn back to say the Yorubas want to take their place. They have decided to leave, so they count all their investment in other parts of the country as inconsequential in their resolve to forge a more productive life for themselves. If you love the Igbos so much why were they constantly hounded and harrassed by the same Hausa till they left Kano and you guys pounced on their assets. You kept on bombing Igbo motor parks, a few weeks ago an Ibo woman was beheaded, Nimbo community comes to mind after the Fulani massacre, yet you are here advising them to continue in a loveless and narcissist marriage. Hypocrite!!! Awon ari je ni di ibaje. Ejoo oh! Ogbeni Yakkassai se ko si? abi won bi so ni mo eja ni?

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
buh come to think of it, I feel division of Nigeria might be a blessing to Africa o...

14 Likes

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by AmuDimpka: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
Almaiga:
I concur, Yeebos are going nowhere. cool cool

So that you will not die of hunger a

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by AmuDimpka: 7:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
crixtex:
buh come to think of it, I feel division of Nigeria might be a blessing to Africa o...

They won't want it

1 Like

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:23pm On Jul 21, 2016
is it by force? SMH

8 Likes

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by onepluone: 7:34pm On Jul 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by Bethelwealthy(m): 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
........They are extending the evil day.
am yoruba but i know one day, they will call it a day with Nigeria.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by achieverme(m): 8:16pm On Jul 21, 2016
Yakasai is trying to make igbos see Yorubas as enemies. Well, he doesn't have to do that. We are "enemies" already.

All I can deduce from his utterance is that Nigeria is a forced marriage. We can never be united.

Igbo relates with Yoruba and hausa suspiciously

Yoruba relates with igbo and Hausa suspiciously

Hausa/Fulani want to lord it over everyone and threaten to kill if anyone leaves.

Is that not forced marriage?

Can anything good come out of a forced marriage?

I guess it is high time we all went our different ways.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by otukpo(f): 8:22pm On Jul 21, 2016
Maka why?

2 Likes

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by achieverme(m): 8:25pm On Jul 21, 2016
todayboy:
This guy finish the afonjas

Use your head once in a while, boy. There is no finishing in that nonsense he said. If igbos vacate civil service, who would replace them other than Yorubas?

And why? because Hausas are not educated enough to occupy any sensible office.

And the truth still remains that when your grandfathers came back after the wars, Yorubas handed back their landed properties to them.

Once more, try to be using your head properly.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by mrspif: 8:36pm On Jul 21, 2016
yakasai...u b joker. We must go. Divorce is imminent. Naija must divide...gbam

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by MXrep: 8:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
achieverme:

Use your head once in a while, boy. There is no finishing in that nonsense he said. If igbos vacate civil service, who would replace them other than Yorubas?

And why? because Hausas are not educated enough to occupy any sensible office.

And the truth still remains that when your grandfathers came back after the wars, Yorubas handed back their landed properties to them.

Once more, try to be using your head properly.
what about the part where awolowo cowardly chickened out on his gentleman's agreement with ojukwu?

24 Likes 5 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by coolmc(m): 8:47pm On Jul 21, 2016
thank u for ur opinion... Yamaha... abi wenti be ur name.!!
nnamdi kanu warn us B4 today... so this is not new to us?
is obvious u re lacking behind!!! we have gone pass all this....

We mean business this tym!!!

I wasn't on ban... I decided to take a break!!!
If u want to ban me for airing my view!!!
thunder fire u in advance...
Am back!!!!

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by misterawo: 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2016
It's been long I resolved never to publicly denigrate my tribe or people, no matter what. Never. Igbo people are still the only people who publicly disparage their own to sound 'objective', 'balanced', 'civilised', 'activistic', and like 'something else'. Those who habitually do this hope to carry favour from and win popularity with other tribes who, inwardly and genuinely, see them as losers. And this attitude has never helped any of the grovellers. They always come home, old, crying and full of 'lessons'.
My own pledge!

Culled from David Okoroafor FB wall.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by Ojiofor: 8:59pm On Jul 21, 2016
The fear and anxiety is REAL and what the likes of Yakasai fear worst will surely come to pass..AMEN.

9 Likes

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by tuk2ato(m): 9:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
This is a call for restructuring and not secession. The problem hausa-fulani have is that the centralized / unitary form of government (status quo) favours them. These are the same set of people that killed Gen. Ironsi who introduced Decree 23 and the centralized civil service because they felt westerners and easterners were better educated to fill up positions in the civil service.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by KingsJohnson(m): 9:09pm On Jul 21, 2016
Biafran exodus is truly at hand, but seriously why are d Yorubas and Hausa-Fulani afraid?

The fear of the Rising Sun Country z d beginning of wisdom

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by achieverme(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
MXrep:

what about the part where awolowo cowardly chickened out on his gentleman's agreement with ojukwu?

Can yo mentioned the so-called "gentleman's agreement"? Or is it some nonsense you heard during your deceptive ipob meetings? Or did you hear it from a beer parlour joint?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by loopman: 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
KingsJohnson:
Biafran exodus is truly at hand, but seriously why are d Yorubas and Hausa-Fulani afriad?

The fear of Rising Sun Country z d beginning of wisdom

Who do we believe between you and the old foolish goat call Yamasaki or na Yasssai ? He want Nigerians to think Yorubas are controlling Ibos and pushing them to attempt to leave Nigeria, you are saying Yorubas are afraid of Ibos. leaving Nigeria.
Don't worry, the Yoruba boys will finish off the old useless goat call yakassai in the coming days,

3 Likes

Re: BOMBSHELL!!! Biafra: We Will Not Let Igbos Go – Northern Elders Council Chair! by 36xtr39r: 9:46pm On Jul 21, 2016
loopman:
Who do we believe between you and the old foolish goat call Yamasaki or na Yasssai ? He want Nigerians to think Yorubas are controlling Ibos and pushing them to attempt to leave Nigeria, you are saying Yorubas are afraid of Ibos. leaving Nigeria.

If you've observed, your readership are basically adults who have eyes and ears to see, read and hear the happenings in the polity.

Ask yourself, which set of people cry the most about IPOB or NK?

Who are those that create threads upon threads on NL, attempting in vain to quench the call for self-determination by the Igbos, such that the probability of clicking an Igbo topic in politics section is almost 1?

Which tribe is notorious in scouting for any silly scare-mongering article against Igbos to post on NL with a view to blackmailing the Igbos to staying put in this fraudulent union?

Who are those known for clamouring and supporting the use of violence and extra-judicial killing of unarmed IPOB protesters?

Who are those in the habit of threatening to confiscate Igbo properties in diaspora?

Tell yourself the honest truth.

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“buhari Is Dead” – Ex-british Lawmaker, Eric Joyce Insists / Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Is Our Only Country, Let's Unite For Peaceful Coexistence / Assent To Electoral Bill: No Need For Sabre Rattling - State House Press Release

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.