Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,525 members, 7,954,989 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:42 PM

The Tension In The Niger-delta And What The Bible Has To Say - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Tension In The Niger-delta And What The Bible Has To Say (463 Views)

Do The Lost Books Of The Bible Prove That The Bible Has Been Altered? / Where In The Quran Did It Say The Bible Has Been Corrupted? / The Bible Has Been Corrupted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Tension In The Niger-delta And What The Bible Has To Say by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 22, 2016
In Isaiah chapter 18, the Bible talks about 'a nation scattered and peeled, a people terrible from their beginning...a nation meted out and trodden down, whose land the rivers have spoiled' (verse 2).

The rivers is not just a body of water it is an entity. All over the world and most especially developing nations, people go to the rivers to contact and consult spirits. They offer sacrifices, worship the river spirit and invoke spirits from the river for all manner of purposes. But the problem is, the spirits that are contacted in the rivers are anti-progress, anti-marriage, anti-long life, and anti-rest spirits. In riverine areas where the ancestors have worshipped these water spirits, you always see these traits there. This form of idolatry which causes unclothedness is still being practised in many riverine areas and the Niger-Delta. A direct impact of these water worship was the introduction of circumcision or female genital mutilation in these areas, and in my work, the evil effect of circumcision is generational and terrible.
The rivers have spoilt the Niger-Delta!

While Biafra, MASSOB, and IPOB is as a result of internal conspiracy the Niger-Delta situation is purely generational and spiritual or more precisely of occult. Most riverine areas where water spirits are worshiped suffer the same fate.

The good news is as the Bible says in verse 7 of Isaiah 18, The Lord will one day visit the people of the Niger-Delta. Healing is coming to the Niger-Delta. The word of God does not fail, it is true.
Re: The Tension In The Niger-delta And What The Bible Has To Say by Nobody: 10:40am On Jul 22, 2016
embarassed i really dnt undastand why we relate evry tin 2 religion. I'm an ijaw girl and i'm not doin bad 4 my age likewise my family. Talkin abt female circumsition, it happend in alot of tribes in nigeria b4 it was banned not just d riverine areas. U talked abt oda groups bein a result of internal conspiracy but niger delta is caused by spirits eh?
Re: The Tension In The Niger-delta And What The Bible Has To Say by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 22, 2016
The Lord can give anyone understanding if they desire. These are mysteries. The Lord can give you more. I never said niger-deltans are not doing well I'm talking about the tension, the unrest and restiveness that is rife in the region and where it came from. Or what does the Bible mean by 'terrible from their beginning' in Isaiah 18v2.

God will give you understanding.

(1) (Reply)

I'm A New Convert In Need Of Battle Against Wasters By Pastor Olukoya / My Gospel Rap Song/message - Rapvangelism / A Message For The Atheists And The Non Muslims Part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.