Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,320 members, 7,836,378 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria (4232 Views)

Say Something Positive About The President You Oppose / Nigeria @52! Say Something Special And Positive About Her. / Say Something Positive About Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 10:28pm On Dec 07, 2006
Ok Big B1, I hear you. Some of the most outgoing and friendly people I have ever encountered have been Nigerians, and there is no other place on earth where I can order my favorite dish of giant rat stew without getting funny looks.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 10:32pm On Dec 07, 2006
Rofl. why not just make the stew yourself. Plenty of rats in the world wherever you are
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 10:36pm On Dec 07, 2006
I will eat no rat before its time, and as a matter of policy, I will only eat born and raised Nigerian rats.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by LoverBwoy(m): 10:39pm On Dec 07, 2006
Big B1:

The topic says, Tell me some positive things about Nigeria.

Why dont you say the positives in Nigeria then, if people are finding it difficult to do so? All you said is people will be begging to live in Nigeria is 15YEARS time you didnt say if those would be somalians or sudanese by the way

That is the different between Americans and some Nigerians; Americans will never tell you about the crack heads or homeless folks or jobless situation or robbers or getting killed. They will tell you more about timesquare, night clubs, nice restaurant and so on.

Are you sure they dont talk about those things? They dont particularly have anything to hide really

May God bless Nigeria
yes May God bless Nigeria
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by BigB11(m): 10:52pm On Dec 07, 2006
@LoverBwoy:

Dude, you totally missed the point, but that is fine; after all, fingers are not the same.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by shango(m): 3:23am On Dec 08, 2006
Rat Stew? That must be a joke. Noone eats Rat in Nigeria.

It has been shown that the largest immigrants in the United States emmigrating to America that have and get degrees in the US are Nigerians (and are Southern, Ofcourse cheesy).

Ofcourse that is something positive about Nigerians not Nigeria.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:26am On Dec 08, 2006
No one eats Bush Rat Ko?
Ke Wa Wa ne, that is delicacy if you never knew,
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 08, 2006
Please, Bush rat isn't the same as rat and it's a whole different animal. In Igbo we have different names for them, rat is "oke" while bush rat is "nchi". Nice meat, no doubt! tongue

@Coco29

Make sure you visit some "isi-ewu" joints and I guarantee you won't regret it.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 6:01am On Dec 08, 2006
Shango you obviously feel uncomfortable about my disclosure that rats feature prominently on the menu in quite a few Nigerian eateries, but even as a seasoned connoisseur of this prized gourmet delicacy I have still found it in my heart to forgive your reluctance to accept that our furry, beady-eyed buck-toothed friends are both exquisitely palatable and widely available on demand in Nigeria.   As[b] Donzman [/b] rightly asserts, the specie and genetic lineage of main-course rodent to be consumed are of paramount importance to discerning diners. 

Regarding your contention that Nigerian immigrants to the US statistically posses and earn more academic credentials than other demographic groups of immigrants, let us not forget that a fair percentage of those Nigerian college sheep-skins were purchased with cash by functional illiterates who "attended" various diploma-mill  "educational institutions" in our glorious land.  There is sadly NO conjecture in my report of this well-known fact, as I have personally conducted literacy tests on scores of "degreed" Nigerians seeking employment positions, and to my dismay, WELL OVER 95% of them were hard pressed to construct an intelligible sentence in the English language, despite the lofty acronyms listed after their names.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by dayokanu(m): 7:20am On Dec 08, 2006
If you get to Nigeria dont forget to get some shot of Paraga otherwise called Shepe and I am sure you would love it. It is sold on all streets in Lagos
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by otokx(m): 9:00am On Dec 08, 2006
There is no rat what ever on any menu in any eatery in the entire university of port harcourt; i don't know what Jakumo's problem is but I have reliable information that Nigerians abroad are the ones killing our image. My sister who is currently in london is often confused when they talk about the situation back home. She wonders if its the same Nigeria she left and which her parents and sibllings still stay or its another nigeria somewhere else. This our country is a great place with stable weather condition, non existence of natural disasters and lovely people.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 10:25am On Dec 08, 2006
Otokx you have been forthright in conceding that your entire frame of reference with respect to Nigerian eateries is limited to those restaurants that are located within the confines of Port Harcourt University.  Assuming that you are a student in that university, one hopes you will accept that your on-campus restaurants constitute a minuscule and non-representative sample of the dining experiences that are readily available countrywide in Nigeria.   

Bush meat may not be sold across Nigeria in nationwide franchises like McDonald's or Burger King, but concluding that it does not exist as a dietary alternative to many Nigerians sounds like the wishful thinking of a city dweller to me.   If you are inclined to partake of a culinary tour of Nigeria, I will email you a road-map of places where you can meet and eat myriad forms of wildlife that you probably never knew existed.    Finally, incredulous though it may leave you, pervasive rumour has it that the market of Ob'Anang (near Anang Town) in Cross River State, has for DECADES specialized in the sale of fresh and smoke-dried human flesh, though I hasten to add that I can boast of no personal experience in that genre,  beyond snacking on the occasional beaver.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Coco29(f): 11:42am On Dec 08, 2006
bush meat? Rat? o god i feel sick
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by gaby(m): 12:35pm On Dec 08, 2006
@Jakumo

Make you take am easy my bros your vocabs wan make laugh kill me here ooooh, chei Nigerians , even Tony Blair an English man would sure need a dictionary to help him understand what you are saying,

Very funny guy, im enjying it tho bro,
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by ono(m): 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2006
Jakumo,

Ok. It seems you're all out to paint Nigeria black. Could you please say something positive? Just look around you. There's Obudu Ranch, Gurara falls, Yankari Springs and games reserves. The beautiful Jos weather etc etc.  Surely, there are quite a lot of goodies out there on Nigeria that you can talk about and let people like Coco29 feel at ease about this country.

On this Rat thing, I think you've done enough to convince us about the delicacy. I'm sure you've had a very good opportunity to give a ''fried rat'' a bite somewhere out there.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by tinard(m): 2:30pm On Dec 08, 2006
Over the last year unemployment has redued, inflation is in single figures for the first time in over 15 years. Oil production each day has increased even with the problems in Niger Delta.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 3:31pm On Dec 08, 2006
Ono you're right I need to ease up a little on deviating from the topic thread here. Anytime I fly into Nigeria anew, the things that draw my attention the quickest are those things that are wrong with the place, starting with the bad roads, open sewers, uncollected mountains of refuse in the street and the omnipresent threat of highway ambush.

But yes you are right my brother, for places like the mountain-top Obudu Cattle Ranch of Cross River State, the magnificent Yankari Game Reserve of Bauchi State up north, the crystal clear emerald waters of River Ethiope near Warri and even just the hospitality of the locals that seems to get warmer as you move further form the cities, are all hidden diamonds in the rough that sometimes get forgetten in the face of the more distasteful aspects of Nigerian life. It is time I shut up on this topic to let some more good karma in.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by BigB11(m): 5:39pm On Dec 08, 2006
Thank you very much, Mr. Jakumo.

Peace.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:11pm On Dec 08, 2006
dried human flesh? Calabar, River States shall never hear my footsteps ever.

I will stay in my Ibadan jeje. If need raises to see family then Ekiti I shall. Lagos gun no be by force.

this rat meat or croc meat you dey yan make me wan throw up.

Stop scaring Coco, you crazy people!
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 08, 2006
Coco29:

bush meat? Rat? o god i feel sick

Bush meat is no different from any other meat you eat, I wonder what's there to throw up about. You're a dolt, stay home if Nigerian culture makes you sick. grin
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:02pm On Dec 08, 2006
Was calling her a dolt really necessary?

and IM Nigerian, and MY culture doesnt support rat or human flesh eating.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:07pm On Dec 08, 2006
Who's talking about rat or human flesh here?, I'm talking about BUSMEAT and yes anyone who looks as tanother person's food and decides it's not worthy to be eaten is a dolt. Ever heard of respecting other people's culture?

Do you even know what Bushmeat is? undecided
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2006
Hey, we were talking about rat here first!

Anyway, I think she was insinuating that we consider rat as being "bushmeat".

Dont be so harsh on the girl.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:19pm On Dec 08, 2006
Nigeria is great, that's all i have to say. Visit and see for yourself Coco29 and be ready to clean up after throwing up. grin
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:22pm On Dec 08, 2006
I fit chop bushmeat now. As I see all these pigeons in Toronot, my mouth dey water sef
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by BigB11(m): 8:22pm On Dec 08, 2006
You guys should quit attacking COCO29.

We have nobody else to blame, but ourselves. What do you expect from an outsider when we (Nigerians) can not even respect our own country?

I mean, read through the thread and see how difficult it is for some folks to say something positive about their own country, Nigeria. It is unbelievable.

Hence, leave the poor lady (COCO29) alone, we've placed ourselves in that vulnerable position. So, let's deal with it.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Coco29(f): 10:03pm On Dec 08, 2006
i can not be assed to read back who was saying what to me, however i have learned to respect my fellow negros a long time ago, so i will not be the bitch i know i can be. I will just say this why the hell would you sell ya country by talking about bush meat this is being read world wide, is that all ya country is about. angry angry angry angry
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Coco29(f): 10:05pm On Dec 08, 2006
Donzman:

Nigeria is great, that's all i have to say. Visit and see for yourself Coco29 and be ready to clean up after throwing up. grin

i was about to give you the coco treatment, but then i checked ya profile and realize that you are a child kiss kiss
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2006
Food is a big part of a people's culture, get a clue!

Coco29:

i was about to give you the coco treatment, but then i checked ya profile and realize that you are a child kiss kiss

Ohh I'm so scared. shocked
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Coco29(f): 10:10pm On Dec 08, 2006
Donzman:

Food is a big part of a people's culture, get a clue!

Ohh I'm so scared. shocked

there is a lot of things i can say to u,however kiss kiss kiss
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Revolution: 10:14pm On Dec 08, 2006
Coco, Nigeria is a fantastic country to visit. It has got everything. There are some 15,000 britons living in Nigeria and many don't want to leave.

Nigeria is so large that many Nigeria haven't more than 10% of the country. There are many other beautiful locations to see other than Lagos and Abuja, including Jos, Calabar and Obudu. I think you should go.

By the way there is also a large number of west indian women living in Nigeria, most married to Nigerian men. You'll throughly enjoy Nigeria, especially is you are just visiting for a short stay.
Re: Please Tell Me Some Thing Positive About Nigeria by Nobody: 10:15pm On Dec 08, 2006
Coco29:

there is a lot of things i can say to u,however kiss kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss    cheesy , Make sure you eat some traditional Nigerian food.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Wife, Major Moji, Dies / The Travails Of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. / Buhari Speech About - First 100 Days In Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.