Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,351 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians (29071 Views)

Enough Is Enough: A Letter From Mohammed Zakzaky, Son Of Shiite Leader, Zakzaky / Nigeria's Conquistadors By Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky / Enough Is Enough By Muhammad Ibraheem Zakzaky (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by Obynolee(f): 8:35am On Jul 24, 2016
lovedatruth:
One can only fall cheapishly to dis write-up, if u read only with ur mind n not ur BRAIN. Whr was he wen his father was forming a govt within a Govt? Whr was he wen his father followers were beating the chest of Army Generals? Whr was he wen his father folllowers Were carrying Arms against the Nation's Army? At a time d army ar fighting deadly war with the bokoharam, one useless group was springing up again in d same region. For me, I supported the army on dis clearance of religious extremiists. We dontwant anoda bokoharam to spring up.

You must be a sunni hence you not see anything wrong in the massacre, how are they forming a government within a government?, all the gra gra they were doing was to protect themselves from Sunnis that hate them with passion.I lived in the same street with the boys during my studies in Zaria(Turaki road),in 2011 post election violence (caused by Sunnis because this same buhari lost) I have no cause to run to barracks to sleep in the open like everyone did,I was and slept in my house because they(Shiite) protected us.In fact, the whole of Gyallesu were peaceful and they go round the town with their medical team picking and treating the injured (mostly Christians and non Hausa Muslims). How did they constitute a threat?.

3 Likes

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by Magnitki: 8:37am On Jul 24, 2016
Izontubo:
I hope the mods can ban this fool.... angry

What gives our army the right to kill as much as over 200 people and BuryING them...something must be wrong with you...

angry

Who and who has elzachys men killed...who....where they terrorists?...what ever happened to arresting them...so all our army knows is to carry out genocide....rubbish you

Just ranting about something that you have no idea of, it's either you are mischievous or you are ignorant Zazachy's Shia movement
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by Dante2008(m): 8:42am On Jul 24, 2016
CHIJIOKE1314:
]

You are obviously a Muslim...

Christians I know could never surport the murder of innocent citizens. .
what is the meaning of you classifying him to be Muslim,it is certain that you are part of the people bringing problem to Nigeria, please be objective in your contribution and stop this hate speech about Islam and the Muslims
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by Pdizzle(m): 9:23am On Jul 24, 2016
Religion has brought more than it/we can handle.
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by kraftykc(m): 9:31am On Jul 24, 2016
lovedatruth:
One can only fall cheapishly to dis write-up, if u read only with ur mind n not ur BRAIN. Whr was he wen his father was forming a govt within a Govt? Whr was he wen his father followers were beating the chest of Army Generals? Whr was he wen his father folllowers Were carrying Arms against the Nation's Army? At a time d army ar fighting deadly war with the bokoharam, one useless group was springing up again in d same region. For me, I supported the army on dis clearance of religious extremiists. We dontwant anoda bokoharam to spring up.

No vex oh, when did they take up arms against the FG?

Also, if having a shrink and followers constitutes "forming another government" the army better start clearing the 'Odo' in my village too oh.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by bushguy: 9:37am On Jul 24, 2016
We should endeavor to encourage people sharing their views on here either it makes sense or otherwise. As for you youngman I am really grateful for your point of view cos I feel a general is equivalent to a head of state but it is inhuman and babaric for a trained Soldier to hit a civilian not to talk of killing with a gun. Oga think before you reason sharing your view on here abeg

lovedatruth:

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by anwe: 9:43am On Jul 24, 2016
This is a great injustice & Nigerians are still talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by bushguy: 9:47am On Jul 24, 2016
No to injustice, not to bloodshed. Frontpage please

shehu313:

You are so devoid of truth and humanity.

What govt did his father form? When APC was soliciting for votes before elections, they paid him visit. El-Rufai visited him to pay condolence for the 34 members of the IMN who were killed under Jonathan. El rufai called it "genocide" by "the Jonathanian army". And Jonathan called Zakzaky on phone and apologized. Jonathan obviously didn't order for that killing in July 2014, like Buhari ordered for the Zaria massacre in December 2015. But when the same Nigerian army under Tyrant Buhari committed a genocide in the same Zaria, elrufai and Buhari justified it, assuming they really did not give order for the Zaria massacre.

His father's followers on the road, who were shot at anyways and killed to clear way for Chief of Terror Staff Tukur Buratai, beat the chest of generals. Fine. Is that justification for killing hundreds of more people away from the road incident? Is that why Zakzaky was shot and his wife, a mother of seven shot and their three children killed in front of their eyes? Are you a human being or a b a s t a r d?

You really not after telling truth. You are deliberately sent to lie on this forum. May God judge you. What arms are you talking about? They demolished all properties belonging to the IMN, where are the arms? Even the kangaroo commission set up by the kaduna state govt did not find evidence of these arms you are lying about. If the IMN members are armed, the coward tyrant Buhari govt will dialogue with them. They are oppressed not because your army is brave or Buhari is anything more than a coward tyrant. It is because those people are unarmed. They are being oppressed for choosing peace. Imagine if Zakzaky was Sunni. Imagine how many churches would have senselessly been burnt and Christians killed in the north. But no, Zakzaky is Shia and killing indiscriminately innocent people isn't part of his belief. When the Niger delta militants threatened Buhari, he cancelled his visit to port harcourt. With this injustice and oppression, it is the govt that is pushing innocent and peaceful people to carry arms and fight for their rights. And if the Shiites choose to do that after all peaceful resorts are exhausted, Buhari will regret his actions. Shiites will not go about targeting Christians or Sunnis or civilians at large. It will be a brace fight against injustice and perpetrators of injustice, as Shiites are known for standing up bravely to fight for their cause the world over. You do not trample upon the rights of defenseless people like this. Zakzaky is capable of forming a million man army if he wanted to choose a violent path. These are people who have renounced violence and bloodshed, but the govt keeps shedding their blood unjustly. What statement does this translate to? It means the govt is pushing them to fight and create tension and instability in the land. Buhari is asking for trouble. When he's served trouble, he will then beg to dialogue. He wants to destroy this country and further create divisions. The people are bitter about this massacre.

Are the Shiites not victims of Buhari's boko haram? So when one group is causing problems, are you justified to merciless brutalize and murder in cold blood another group that hasn't taken up arms but is a peaceful social and religious group?

Are you sure your mother was inseminated with the semen of a man or that of a beast? You are justifying the cold blooded murder en masse of hundreds of people who were killed at four different locations and dumped in mass graves as revenge for a road block protest by their coreligionists. Is this a country or a lawless jungle?

Where is Seun and Lalasticlala? This thread deserves to be on the front page. If it was one senseless topic about a faceless group sponsored by the govt or Buratai's army to stage paid protests in campaign of calumny against the IMN and to spread propaganda, the thread will quickly make front page.

If this thread doesn't make front page, nairaland is a virtual partaker in injustice and bloodshed.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by VERDA: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2016
lovedatruth:

Just as you have stated that we must not approach this issue with just out hearts but with our brains as well,I also admonish you not to approach it with just ur brain but also ur heart,although unverifiable some of the allegations u have stated against the organization might be true,but ask urself certain questions...was the action of the army really justified?, were they as armed and posed so much threat at that point in time to b decimated to that level?,is what u have stated enough reason to kill women nd children,youths who would have had an otherwise bright future?.We must in our quest to fight EVIL be carefull that we do not become the EVIL we seek to fight,i am neither a muslim nor from the north but was almost brought to tears at the sight of brutalized dead children and women. WE MUST TRY TO NEVER IN OUR QUEST TO FIGHT EVIL LOOSE OUR HUMANITY.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by omosi81(f): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2016
Am a Christian n I have lived with Shi'a in Zaria for Four years n we lived peacefully, they can be weird but trust me I prefer them to the Sunni's

2 Likes

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by vislabraye(m): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
shehu313:

You are so devoid of truth and humanity.

What govt did his father form? When APC was soliciting for votes before elections, they paid him visit. El-Rufai visited him to pay condolence for the 34 members of the IMN who were killed under Jonathan. El rufai called it "genocide" by "the Jonathanian army". And Jonathan called Zakzaky on phone and apologized. Jonathan obviously didn't order for that killing in July 2014, like Buhari ordered for the Zaria massacre in December 2015. But when the same Nigerian army under Tyrant Buhari committed a genocide in the same Zaria, elrufai and Buhari justified it, assuming they really did not give order for the Zaria massacre.

His father's followers on the road, who were shot at anyways and killed to clear way for Chief of Terror Staff Tukur Buratai, beat the chest of generals. Fine. Is that justification for killing hundreds of more people away from the road incident? Is that why Zakzaky was shot and his wife, a mother of seven shot and their three children killed in front of their eyes? Are you a human being or a b a s t a r d?

You really not after telling truth. You are deliberately sent to lie on this forum. May God judge you. What arms are you talking about? They demolished all properties belonging to the IMN, where are the arms? Even the kangaroo commission set up by the kaduna state govt did not find evidence of these arms you are lying about. If the IMN members are armed, the coward tyrant Buhari govt will dialogue with them. They are oppressed not because your army is brave or Buhari is anything more than a coward tyrant. It is because those people are unarmed. They are being oppressed for choosing peace. Imagine if Zakzaky was Sunni. Imagine how many churches would have senselessly been burnt and Christians killed in the north. But no, Zakzaky is Shia and killing indiscriminately innocent people isn't part of his belief. When the Niger delta militants threatened Buhari, he cancelled his visit to port harcourt. With this injustice and oppression, it is the govt that is pushing innocent and peaceful people to carry arms and fight for their rights. And if the Shiites choose to do that after all peaceful resorts are exhausted, Buhari will regret his actions. Shiites will not go about targeting Christians or Sunnis or civilians at large. It will be a brace fight against injustice and perpetrators of injustice, as Shiites are known for standing up bravely to fight for their cause the world over. You do not trample upon the rights of defenseless people like this. Zakzaky is capable of forming a million man army if he wanted to choose a violent path. These are people who have renounced violence and bloodshed, but the govt keeps shedding their blood unjustly. What statement does this translate to? It means the govt is pushing them to fight and create tension and instability in the land. Buhari is asking for trouble. When he's served trouble, he will then beg to dialogue. He wants to destroy this country and further create divisions. The people are bitter about this massacre.

Are the Shiites not victims of Buhari's boko haram? So when one group is causing problems, are you justified to merciless brutalize and murder in cold blood another group that hasn't taken up arms but is a peaceful social and religious group?

Are you sure your mother was inseminated with the semen of a man or that of a beast? You are justifying the cold blooded murder en masse of hundreds of people who were killed at four different locations and dumped in mass graves as revenge for a road block protest by their coreligionists. Is this a country or a lawless jungle?

Where is Seun and Lalasticlala? This thread deserves to be on the front page. If it was one senseless topic about a faceless group sponsored by the govt or Buratai's army to stage paid protests in campaign of calumny against the IMN and to spread propaganda, the thread will quickly make front page.

If this thread doesn't make front page, nairaland is a virtual partaker in injustice and bloodshed.

It's so pathetic when people utter such statements. It shows ignorance and close mindedness.

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by shehu313: 12:45pm On Jul 24, 2016
AnusOdourInhaler:

First of all, provide credible information about those who killed a man in Kaduna are Sunni or you're a cretinous fucktarddd..
That being said, the Sunni are the majority in Nigeria, so they dictate what happen, they were been dictating before Mutu'a people showed their ugly faces.. Nigeria, or should I say, Northern Nigeria is a sunni state/region, as you hate to admit, because, before the 80s, non of the shytes is here .. So your coming doesn't change a thang.. Obey constituted authority, or be dealt with...
There's nothing like sectarian hate or prejudice, as far as we're concerned, shytes are terrorist, they are not part of the religion they claimed to be.. So you're just treated as a terrorist that you are!
We pamper militants because of Nigeria oil wealth, nobody is stealing anything from anybody, this is how the system was setup even before you started having contract marriage in Nigeria.
Stop attacking my person, is a dickk move, my lifestyle or anything I do is none of your business, focus your energy on sleepin with different women under the pretends of Mutu'a, abusing the prophet's wives and his companions.
The army became law enforcement officers when some rag-tag terrorist were feeling fly, blocking the COAS passage. The chief was even begging them, but they refused to clear the road.. Next time, try it again!
Save Buhari's ass? You must be kidding me, just try it again and see if his ass was saved the other time..
I think you are the one that needs to keep the flame burning in your heart, you need it for your evil intention against Nigeria.. Just because you're Paid to post here doesn't mean everybody is like you, why are you having such feelings in the first place, guilty?
You can continue to spread falsehood as well, but your evil plan against Nigeria will be resisted.. Iran slave!
Just drag Buhari, Buratai and Nasir to ICC already, stop making noise, but wait! You shytes run your parallel government here is Nigeria, so I see no reason to blame unrecognized government running the country..
You don't act like a fool by blocking the passage of COAS of the federal Republic of Nigeria, and even refused to understand things with them..
Nigeria is secular state, cool, but any terrorist group that does not respect the constituted authority that made Nigeria a secular state, and even provided him the right to religion will be dealt with, the shytes wants to overthrow the same set of documents that gave them right, so that they can enforce their shittyy religion on us... We are watching!
Tell that to Houthis terrorist too, they cannot bring back Yemen before it's a republic.. Just see yourself, you're just contradicting yourself..
There are more millions non shytes in Nigeria as well, so just shut it, you're not special..

Since majority as you say are Sunni, if you cannot establish the Shia have killed anyone, and surely you cannot claim or prove that, it only occurs to reason that your people are the ones. In fact all the riots, killings and destruction. Even non-Muslims in this very thread are witnesses and testifying to that. These terror acts are what pushed and influenced many of us to look to Shia Islam and leave Sunnism. Your people have soiled the name of Muslims.

Going by your reasoning, Nigeria was a land where everyone practiced traditional religion. Let us go back to that era since it's the identity of our forefathers. You are acting like the pagans of Mecca. When the Prophet started preaching in Mecca, were the majority of Arabs not idol worshipers? So going by your stupidity, the idol worshipers were right in persecuting the Prophet and his few followers because the idol worshipers dictate what happens, and who worship what and where. Your forefathers brought Sunni religion to Nigeria with the sword and bloodshed and you want to enforce and preserve it through the sword and bloodshed. Terrorist religion! We do not want to be Sunni anymore. No going back to the path of tyrants and bloodshed. We are Hausa, Fulani, ibira, Yoruba, etc. we are Nigerians and we can choose what we worship and how. most of the Shia are not Zakzaky followers. If before 1980 there were no Shia and today after 40 years there are estimates of 5 to 25 million Shia in Nigeria, it shows why you are alarmed. That is the difference between us. We did not use any terror or violent methods to spread our beliefs while you are all about violence and terror. So if you imagine your bloodshed meted on Zakzaky will turn people away from their faith, your imagination is wrong. Not even the tragedy of Karbala stopes Shia Islam.

We do not disobey constituted authorities. We always want to seek police permit for our religious processions. To express our beliefs is a constitutional right. It is your constituted authorities who are rubbishing the constitution by denying us what the constitution has guaranteed to every Nigerian. When we seek police permit, you turn us down because Sunni clerics do not like us having freedom to preach and hold processions. We still go on and hold our processions. Your army and police provoke us into confrontation and they kill us for blocking road and you justify that. We will continue to hold our processions, police permit or not. In fact we are the ones protecting the constitution because it guarantees our rights that the police are denying us. We have human rights. If the constitution guarantees certain rights it must be obeyed. And if majority of Nigerians or Sunnis do not want what is in the constitution, then change it. Make Nigeria a Sunni Islamic republic. The constitution is not divine. Change it that Shia do not have right to freedom of religion because you are majority. People have the right to change constitutions, to self determination etc. but your own obedience to the constitution, while in fact you are the ones disobeying the constitution, is to promote and maintain tyranny and take away the rights of others.

We voted for your Buhari. Also el rufai. El rufai visited Zakzaky in January 2015 just before the election. Now you tell us we are outlaws. We committed a mistake to vote for tyrants who fooled us.

The police have no choice but to give us permit when we have our religious ceremonies to hold processions. We will continue to hold our processions whether Wahhabi clerics like it or not. You are free to keep shooting at us. We do not want to be Sunni and we do not follow tyrants and perverts even if you call them wife of prophet or companion. We will be steadfast and Allah will make sure the truth triumphs over falsehood and tyranny.

I hope everyone can clearly see that Tyrant Buhari is leading a sectarian government based on his Sunni fanatical beliefs of bloodshed. And everyone can see that the road block was only used as excuse to unleash terror on the Shia and kill them at four other locations. Killing innocent people that had nothing to do with any road block away from the scene of the road block incident. It is religious persecution and oppression and nothing more. And with our steadfastness and will to be free and continue to practice our beliefs we will keep holding processions. No one can stop us. Not even bullets and death. Only under Buhari and Buratai will road block justify the killing of hundreds.
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by shehu313: 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
#FreeZakzaky

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
Write up for the Jews.
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by maxzzo1(m): 4:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
tit:
buhari hate nigeria
buhari hate zakzakky because zakzakky is hausa and most of his folloower is hausawa
Hmmmm so na u know....but is der a discrimination btw Hausa and Fulani Naija sef ...my problem from dis write up is not calling d names of dos responsible like d Daura cabals...DSS na person name

1 Like

Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by sekundosekundo: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2016
lovedatruth:

One day you and your family members will be cleared this way.
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by adelumolo(m): 5:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
This man should be released for God's sake. If he were to be a christian leader, hell would have been let loose. Hes not a young guy. Take him to court if he has any case to answer.
Tunde
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by stonemasonn: 6:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
shehu313:
PRESS STATEMENT

WE DEMAND THE RELEASE OF SHEIKH ZAKZAKY FOR PROPER MEDICATION

This week, close relations of Sheikh Ibraheem Yaqoub Zakzaky visited him where the Department of State Services (DSS) claimed he was being held in "protective custody" since the 14th day of December 2016.

From the report of the close relations, the health of our leader has deteriorated further. His left eye is in dire need of specialized medical attention. The Doctor assigned to the Sheikh has reportedly given up on getting it back to its normal state. His left arm where he sustained gunshot wounds is still demobilized and the wounds are yet to heal.

The Islamic Movement in Nigeria (IMN) is deeply concerned about the health of our incarcerated leader and believe that it is in the interest of the Nigerian State and those holding him to release him unconditionally to enable him attend to his heath.

The Nigerian people are aware and the international community is aware that our leader has not been accused of committing any offence and has not been charged for one and has not been arraigned before any competent court of the land for the past eight months.

We firmly believe it was Allah that has spared the life of our revered leader out of his mercy, even though those who wish him dead were averse to it.

However it is the height of injustice to deny the Sheikh the best medical attention taking into consideration all that has been done to him, his family and millions of his followers. Of what benefit will it be to our nation if his health deteriorates beyond salvation?

If at all the claim of the Counsel to the DSS in a Federal High Court in Abuja that the Sheikh is in "protective custody" is to be believed, then attention to his health should be of paramount importance to whoever is holding him hostage.

Even though a glimpse of the report of the Judicial Commission of inquiry submitted to Kaduna state government has indicted the Army for its brutality against the Sheikh and his followers in Zaria, the least expected from the government is his release to us for proper medical attention. Refusal to do just this is an indication that the federal government has some ulterior motives and wants to keep him in custody and allow his health to deteriorate further.

We would like to appeal to those that have the ears of this government, well meaning Nigerians and the international community to insist on the unconditional release of our Leader Sheikh Ibraheem Zakzaky and all those detained with him in the aftermath of the Zaria carnage last December.

SIGNED BY
IBRAHIM MUSA
PRESIDENT OF MEDIA FORUM OF IMN
0805 078 6093
23/07/16
Buhari is just a stooge in this matter, used by foreign sunni supremist to extinguish shiites in Nigeria
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by shehu313: 7:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
Nigeria awaits Buhari, el-Rufai over Zaria Shiite panel report
by Idowu Akinlotan, July 24, 2016 at 12:01 am in Idowu Akinlotan

RESPONDING to criticisms over their handling of last December’s Shiite disturbance in Zaria during which hundreds of lives were lost, both President Muhammadu Buhari and Kaduna State governor, Nasir el-Rufai, appealed to Nigerians to wait for the outcome of the judicial probe of the crisis. Despite the urgency of the matter and the unquantifiable pains the disturbance inflicted on hundreds of families, interested parties managed to exercise the requisite patience. Finally, and even though the report has not been officially released, the media have published glimpses of the conclusions and indictments contained in the report. Headed by Justice Mohammed Garba of the Federal Court of Appeal, Port Harcourt, the 13-man panel confirmed 349 dead, probably all Shiite members.... The panel indicted the General Officer Commanding Nigerian Army Ist Division, Kaduna, Oyeniyi Oyebade, a major-general, and a certain A.K. Ibraheem, a colonel, for mishandling the crisis and using disproportionate force.
According to witnesses, some of them government officials, victims of the massacre were buried in two mass graves, with some of the corpses conveyed in military trucks. Yet, the army said it counted only seven people killed. The public will now wait for government’s response to the very damning report, the first coming from Kaduna State government, the second from the army, and the third from the federal government. Given the way they initially approached the crisis, all three will be uncomfortable in responding to the obvious crimes against humanity committed by the soldiers. The army, it was clear, used excessive force when, according to the panel, it could have chosen alternative routes for their commanders to pass through Zaria. Until the report is released officially, it is not certain what the panel found out concerning the army’s theory that Shiite members planned to assassinate the Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Tukur Buratai.

The second responder, Kaduna State government, also mishandled the crisis abysmally by prejudging the Shiites and demolishing their headquarters after the massacre. The religious group did not have building permits, the governor had said. Then finally, the Buhari presidency, basing its conclusions on unstated intelligence or findings, condemned the Shiites for attempting to set up a government within a government. There can be only one government, the president bristled during a media chat shortly after the disturbance.

Commentators had noted immediately after the clash and the attendant massacre that the army’s disproportionate response and the state and federal governments’ connivance were fuelled by their hubristic interpretation of the powers of government and their inchoate appreciation of the fundamentals of democracy and the power of the ballot paper.
It now remains to be seen how both Mallam el-Rufai and President Buhari, in that order, will respond to the panel’s report. The judicial probe has called for the prosecution of the two named officers and other senior officers who participated in the massacre. Though the panel also blamed the government for its lack of proactive response to malfeasant and troublesome groups, including the often obtruding and disruptive Shiites, the main quandary the government will face will be how to disengage the officers and prosecute them. Much worse, the Kaduna State governor himself condoned the killings by his insensitive statements shortly after the clash and then took steps to, as it were, erase the presence of the Shiites in their Zaria redoubt. The president and the governor will obviously find out soon that the loathing they claimed the neighbours of Shiites in Zaria harbour against the religious group has no evidential value in mitigating the atrocities committed against its members. They will also discover that mass burial and the lack of records of victims constitute obstruction of justice.

It will not be enough for the Kaduna State government to release a White Paper on the crisis. The governor must come to terms with his comments and attitude over the clash. He will need to show remorse and offer a full apology. Next, the president himself must show remorse for the very biased and casual manner he dismissed the clash and prejudged the Shiites. He needs to issue a full apology as well. Then they must go on to make full amends for the oppressive and atrocious manner they have treated the leader of the movement, El-Zakzaky, whom the Department of State Service has detained unlawfully for many months. If they are smart, they must open talks with the Shi’a Movement and discuss compensation. Otherwise, armed with the report, whenever it is issued, the Shiites will exact a terrible price from the government. And if the government decides unwisely to bury or distort the report, the International Criminal Court (ICC) will be petitioned to retrieve the report and call the government, including those not indicted by the panel, to account. The federal and state governments, and the army are in unwinnable positions. The sooner they realise it, the better.

http://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-awaits-buhari-el-rufai-zaria-shiite-panel-report/
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by shehu313: 7:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
El-Rufai, Don't Kill The Zaria Massacre! By Emmanuel Ugwu

Sahara Reporters

In the wake of the massacre of hundreds of Nigerians in Zaria by the Nigerian Army, Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, empanelled a judicial commission of inquiry and mandated it to investigate the tragedy. That commission has concluded its assignment and submitted its report. Mr. El-Rufai now faces a binary choice: To use the report as an instrument for the pursuit of justice or to consign it to the dump.

BY EMMANUEL UCHENNA UGWU
JUL 23, 2016

In the wake of the massacre of hundreds of Nigerians in Zaria by the Nigerian Army, Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai, empanelled a judicial commission of inquiry and mandated it to investigate the tragedy. That commission has concluded its assignment and submitted its report. Mr. El-Rufai now faces a binary choice: To use the report as an instrument for the pursuit of justice or to consign it to the dump.

Too often in Nigeria, a commission of inquiry is a hollow response to an embarrassing man-made disaster. It is a near-reflex play staged for tokenism. A courteous first aid orchestrated for momentary optics, a fulfill-all-righteousness gesture that serves as a substitute for real therapeutic reckoning.

A commission of inquiry –in principle, an inquest that revisits a distasteful incident and facilitates a constructive catharsis and a teachable moment for the commune –is something else in this space. Here, it is a contraption of expediency. The handy apparatus the politician uses to de-escalate a crisis in his constituency, extinguish outrage and award himself pretext for inaction.
Even in situations where all the vital facts are common knowledge –as in Zaria where Nigerian soldiers waged an indefensible war on Nigerian civilians –the government prefers to feign ignorance and to insist that it needs a drawn-out farce to acquaint it with the open secrets.

The carnage of Zaria was executed in broad daylight. It did not require the verification or illumination of a 'commission of inquiry'. No dark mysteries shrouded the callous killing. Nigerian soldiers spread their killing spree over two days and two nights and they killed like audacious poachers in a game reserve!

Members of a minority muslim sect had mounted a blockade on the high way. They did so to avert the complication of managing the massive procession and normal vehicular traffic. They compelled other road users to make a detour.
The convoy of the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. General Tukur Yusuf Burutai, heading to a yonder address, bumped into the road block. There were pleas for right of way. The vanguard of the faithful, intoxicated by their own zeal and by the excitement of the carnival spirit, demurred. The soldiers warmed into a killing mood, engaged their guns and procured a bloody breakthrough.

But the soldiers were not content with the roadside shootings. They didn't count the number of the dead sufficient vengeance for the ‘insult’ on their General. They deployed to the shrine of the sect and multiplied the death toll. They shot innocents who could never have been involved in the blockade. They wasted women, children, the suckling.

They invaded the home of the leader of the sect, Ibrahim El-Zakzaky. They killed three of his sons and shot his wife 7 times. They shot El-Zakzaky four times on his legs, dragged him out of his house, stripped him of his clothes, and transported him on a wheel barrow.

Moments later, the soldiers realized they had killed too many human beings for the world not to notice. They started a desperate mop up of the corpses to erase the trace of crime against humanity. They broke into hospitals and morgues in the environs and evacuated the dying and the dead. They drove the bloodied bodies to a remote location, dug mass graves and did a cover up.

The killings on the road and the extra killing at the shrine and the mass burial were not secrets. Who did what is widely known. There are no known unknowns, no unknown unknowns. There was a massacre and there are identifiable culprits still circulating freely.

But officialdom flinched from calling the massacre by the proper name. They elected to style it Shiite-military 'clash'. The slaughterfest was euphemistically minimized because the consumed were 'Shiites'. They didn't belong to the Sunni mainstream. They were subhumans whose massive dispatch didn't qualify to be honoured as a massacre!

There was abundance of evidence to prompt swift prosecution. But El-Rufai chose to buy time through the rigmarole of a 'commission of inquiry'. He took the option on the calculation that the process of receiving thousands of memorandums and reading them, collecting exhibits and examining them, hearing eyewitness testimonies and determining the common fragments of resemblance among the honest-to-God narratives would take plenty of time. He was certain that early into the insufferably slow proceedings, a society with a very short attention span would mentally and emotionally abandon the boring academic reconstruction of the painful memory.

El-Rufai's initial response to the massacre was nearly as horrifying as the massacre itself. Hardly had the blood of the murdered congealed before he sided with the mass murderers and rationalized the killing. He went on TV and revictimized the victims, pronouncing them guilty of a failed attempt to assassinate Burutai.
El-Rufai would later double down and authorize the prosecution of 50 'Shiites' and instruct the state prosecutor to pray the court to hand down a guilty verdict and death penalty!

His establishment of the ‘commission of inquiry’ is a brazen act of hypocrisy. He had demonstrated all too clearly that he was pleased by the massacre and that he would have been happier if a total purge of the Shiites was achieved. He regards Shiites as non-humans. People whose lives were dispensable because they practice the ‘wrong’ version of Islam.

It is worthy to note, though, that while his ‘commission of inquiry’ was trying to strike pay dirt, Amnesty International, the leading human rights NGO in the world, published a rich description of the massacre. AI asserted that the Nigerian Army unprofessionally resorted to launching a full scale ‘military operation’ in a situation that would have been saved with prudence and law-and-order management.

AI noted that the Nigerian Army embarked on a campaign of arson, immolated people and shoved the victims into mass graves

It also dismissed as nonsense the putative rationale for the massacre. It said the Nigerian Army failed to substantiate the claim that there was an attempt on or threat to the life of the Chief of Army Staff. It further emphasized that the Nigerian Army took deliberate steps to destroy evidence of their crime: “Bodies were taken away, sites were razed to the ground, the rubble removed, bloodstains washed off, and bullets and spent cartridges removed from the streets.”

While receiving the report of his ‘commission of inquiry’, El-Rufai said that the Kaduna State government would study it before reaching a decision to publish or not. 

Columnist Jibrin Ibrahim, a prominent member of the commission, suggested that the report was marked TOP SECRET for the sake of peace; implying that members of the public –the decimated Nigerian Shiite community and the bereaved families inclusive –ought to be protected from the post mortem at all cost.

The classification was thought to be necessary. The report ostensibly contains the identity of the perpetrators of the massacre, the scope of their terrorist destruction and the complicity of some government institutions. Its release to the public would inevitably generate very strong reactions: It's better hidden like light under a bushel.

A Premium Times leak says the report blamed the Nigerian police for being remiss in their duty and indicted the General Officer Commanding the Nigerian Army 1st Division in Kaduna, Major General Adeniyi Oyebade, and Colonel A.K. Ibraheem, who led the 'operation'.
No word was invested on Burutai. No word on the General who smugly watched as soldiers in his convoy gunned down civilians so he can walk on a red carpet of fresh blood to an inconsequential passing out parade no one remembers now!

To be sure, the Islamic Movement of Nigeria did not participate fully in the proceedings of the commission. The organization didn’t have the instruction of El-Zakzaky to present its version of the massacre to the commission. The Department of State Security denied the organization’s lawyers meaningful engagement with him. The DSS says the man, now blind in one eye and paralyzed, was being held in ‘’protective custody’’ for his own good.

Nevertheless, the report, for what it is worth, should be made public. The 'commission of inquiry' was inaugurated to interrogate the massacre and to reflect all the dimensions of its actuality. No aspect of the truth of that massacre should be revised or abridged or withheld in the name of ‘security reasons’. Nobody who is culpable should enjoy disguised immunity.

Instead of subjecting the report to editorial sanitation, there should be full disclosure. The report should be released in its pristine form. Kaduna people and all Nigerians should know why Nigerian soldiers who are paid and equipped by Nigerian taxpayers wasted 347 Nigerian civilians …like a trigger-happy death cult!

Nigerian Shiites are held in contempt by their Sunni brethren. Even President Muhammadu Buhari, the leader who made that I Belong To Everybody and I Belong To Nobody speech, could not restrain himself from betraying his disdain for the Shiites. Against all sense, he said on national TV that the Shiites deserved the massacre. They irritated uniformed men invested with the power of life and death. They were ''virtually hitting the chest of Generals''.

Virtually!

The 'Shiite' label seems to bespeak a grade of inferiority. It need not be. Religious persuasion does not diminish the personhood of a human being. 

Those people who were shot dead and burnt alive were human beings. They had a right to life. Their group murder should be legally punished as such.

El-Rufai prosecuted 50 Shiites for allegedly killing a soldier in ‘the clash’. He should be fair enough to prosecute the soldiers who wasted 347 Shiites. A soldier's life is not more equal than a 'Shiite' life.
No sane society excuses or abides the devaluation of the lives of its citizens. Nigeria should not be a prehistoric cannibal jungle that does.

Extrajudicial killings impoverish the community in human beings and in human feeling. No case of extrajudicial killing should be ignored or explained away. Every extrajudicial killing should be redressed. A nation that permits the gratuitous killing of its own people has made a self-fulfilling prophecy of its own extinction.
El-Rufai must rise above his Sunni chauvinism. He should publish the report of the Zaria massacre and cause his Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to prosecute the indictees. Anything less would be killing the massacre!

immaugwu@gmail.com
@EmmaUgwuTheMan

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/23/el-rufai-dont-kill-zaria-massacre-emmanuel-ugwu
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by shehu313: 8:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
#FreeZakzaky
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by rita25(f): 9:45am On Jul 25, 2016
IBRAHEEM ZAK ZAKY ARE YOU AWARE OF YOUR FATHERS MANY EVILS IN THE NAME OF RELIGION.............OH NOW IT HURTS RIGHT? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY FAMILIES HAVE BURIED THEIR LOVED ONES FOR YOU TO BE LIVING THE LIFE UR LIVING DUE TO YOUR FATHERS EXTREMISM? U BETTER BURY YOUR HEAD IN SHAME AND KEEP QUITE BRAGGING ABOUT MAKING HIS FIRST MILLIONS IN UNIVERSITY AM SURE YOU GOT A CONTRACT TO SUPPLY CHEAP ARM AND AMMUNITIONS...................SHEGE YARO angry
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by alawaiss(m): 12:32am On Sep 13, 2016
[quote author=adams009 post=47829821]

Zakzaky is another Boko haram threat that military clear without allowing it to grow. IMN or Shiite never respect constituted authority, even the programme taking place on that same date that the incident occur was carried out without police permission. IMN have their own parallel security apparatus sponsored by Iran to carried out revolution in Nigeria.
Southerners commenting have no knowledge of the hardship this people are subjecting innocence people in the north.
For instance, when Kano state government ban taking any person on a motorcycle, people comply but shiites fails to comply because they are not law abiding. When they are out for their programs, they disrupt traffick, intimidate & harrass people, make inflammatory speech, carry weapons along.
I condemned extra-judicial killings, but shittes have a case to answer they are not civic at all & too arrogant think they are above the law.
U ar noting but glorified illiterate. Whom version of religion ( not islam) is killing innocent lives. Wahabism sponsored by Ali Saud.
Re: Mohammed Ibraheem Zakzaky's Letter To Nigerians by superpundit: 3:26pm On Sep 13, 2016
lovedatruth:

your write-up stench of stupidity. is treason or felony treated with extra-judicial killing?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

El-Zakzaky And Wife Depart Abuja For India At 6pm / Tinubu’s Background Claim At Chatham House Contradicts Sworn Affidavit To INEC / Lagos Court Of Arbitration Inaugurated By Fashola (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.