Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,351 members, 7,812,001 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

Silent Seduction - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Silent Seduction (489238 Views)

LETHAL SEDUCTION //An Erotica / Evil Seduction (episode 2) - A Picture Story / Evil Seduction: A Short Picture Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Silent Seduction by Fijumokesayo(f): 11:34am On Aug 16, 2016
Whoa! This story is superb, well done Op.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Silent Seduction by fiyah(f): 1:24pm On Aug 16, 2016
There is an aching
There's a hole in my chest
It's amazing
That the crown of a king doesn't change me
It's amazing...
Jon Bellion (Fashion)

Tori rubbed the sleepiness off her face. She sat up reclining on the wall placing the pillow on her stretched out legs. The rays of light that flooded the room through the window made her saw how beautiful the room actually was. It's not like she didn't see it yesterday but it was late, dark and she was tired too.

The supposed guest room was rather too spacious compared to what she was expecting. A cubicle-like room would have been okay. She wasn't really in a situation where she could possibly choose.

Tori rolled the duvet off her while she sat on the bed as she slipped on a pair of flip-flops by the bedside, yawning. It was a few minutes past six and it surprised her it was this bright already. The house was silent which made it seem like nobody had woken up just yet. She took a trip to the bathroom to clean up then tiptoed down the corridor her legs barely touching the ground to the kitchen. She didn't want to wake anybody up while she was at it. If she was going to stay here, she should as well earn it.

The kitchen was neat and items there were neatly arranged. It was like no cooking hazard occurred there just yesterday. Tobi's mum might not be a genie when it comes to cooking but she sure knows how to clean things up. She wondered what his mum would say if she happens to see her in their home this morning. There is a possibility she might just kick her out considering the fact that Tobi didn't sought her approval before bringing her home. She was sleeping when they got back and Tobi had said they would be talking about it the next morning. So nobody knows she was there except him.

Is it even a good idea she was in the kitchen? Trying to gain approval by warming her way into their hearts through the kitchen?
Does that even make sense?

But it would be pretty rude too if she sat back in the guest room and do nothing.
It's just for a while. It's just until she makes enough to get her own place. Tori silently consoled herself biting her lips until they turned pink in determination. She moved to the end of the kitchen that has a piece of paper pasted on the tiled walls. She smiled as she traced the outline of the paper with her fingers at the poorly sketched handwritten food timetable.

'What are you doing?' The voice scared her and her heart rose to her chest. She had turned before she realised it was Tobi's voice. How she dreaded hearing another person's voice aside his. He was leaning on the wall beside the door. An unreadable expression on his face.

'I'm just huh...er...' Her words got caught up in her throat. It seems like she hasn't recovered from the shock just yet. Realising her fingers still lingered on the paper, she instantly withdraw her finger like she just got shocked.

He walked to her gracefully and Tori seemed more scared. She felt caught.

Caught doing what exactly?

She was acting rather too jumpy if you'd ask me. Her jumpiness was actually due to fact she hadn't gotten over being embarrassed before him. She never imagined he was going to see the helpless side of her. Shrugging off the obvious shame she felt in an instance, her face lit up and she smiled at him

'Good morning.' She greeted beaming, trying to be cheerful

'You were going through this...'

'Yeah. Your mum told me you made it. I saw it yesterday and I was curious so she told me.'

'You were in the kitchen yesterday?'

Did her big mouth just let the cat out of the bag. She bit her lip slowly. She wished she could smack senses into herself.

'No...not exactly though...'

'You don't need to lie about it. I know you cooked yesterday. There is no miracle worker that could change mum's cooking skill that much. So you can just go ahead and tell the truth.' He said placing his hands on the kitchen counter.

'What were you doing in the kitchen this early? If you were hungry you can just grab some cereals or make oath for now...' He stopped to look at her like he just got a grip of the obvious. 'Or were you trying to make breakfast for everyone?' He pronounced the words like he has never heard anything as unvelievable as that before

Tori shrugged then nodded her reply.

'You took me in. You don't expect me to sit back and do nothing to show my appreciation? Your mum doesn't even know I'm staying here...'

'No one asked you to do anything. I told you I'd do the talking myself. You are not going to cook for the family just because I asked you to stay here. I didn't ask you to stay here because I need a cook. If you must know, we have a cook who comes everyday except weekends. You would have met her yesterday but she was with her sick son in the hospitsl so she she would be here today possibly. Why the hell would you even think that?' He seemed so angry Tori felt like shrinking. He noticed that too. He wiped his face with his palm in order to calm himself.

'Go and sit down.' He said relaxing his nerves. Tori obeyed and went to sit on the mini dinning table in the kitchen. The dining table was made of two chairs placed around a round table. She sat down and placed her hand upon each other on the table like an obedient student.

He was making coffee. Tori surveyed his physique. He has quite a build which she guessed he owed to several hours in the gym. He had this haircut which made him look like one of this cute African American Hollywood star. His bicep stood out when he picked up two ceramics cups from the cupboard. He is quite handsome if she must say. There were times she just look at him in the face while they talk to see his well carved and well shaven face. There were times she had been lost looking at those thin, pink lip of his. There were times she was lost checking out how handsome he was.

Why was she seeing all those now? Tori shrugged off the thought going through her mind and looked away from staring at his back.

Was she probably so pitifull she was seeing him as nice just because he took her in?

She can't be that stewpid, can she?

'Here.' He placed a cup of coffee before her and another cup before the empty chair then he sat down. Tori took a sip from the coffee which was laced with milk. She took so much time sipping in order to bury her eyes and stop them from looking at those abs that were quite visible under the tight black singlet he was putting on.

'Are you done?' He asked when her sipping took like forever. It was then Tori knew she had made a slurping sound while sipping. She placed the coffee on the table.

'Yeah.' She said slowly. Letting her fingers curl up around the cup still. That way she could hide her fidgetiness.

'I don't know why you are acting like this. While I spoke to you on phone, you seemed like someone who clearly knows what she wants. But getting to know you now, it's like you have inferiority complex or something. I'm asking you to stay here and I'm expecting no payment in return. No payment in any form.'

'Can you atleast let me do this. That's the least I can do...'

'You doing this, have you considered how mum would feel about it? It's like you are using are inability to cook as your own weapon to stay here... '

'No... You know that's not what I'm doing.'

'Well, that's what it seems like. If you'd be staying here, the family tradition won't change. It would be as it has always been.'

Tori felt awkward about what he said. It was quite alright he was trying to be an hospitable host but putting her in a difficult situation is not really what she expected.

'So, what you are saying is, I should sit back and do nothing?' She asked spreading her hands in mid-air and giving him the 'is that it?' look.

'Yep.' He replied popping the p. 'Well, you are free to do anything you like. Anything you feel like doing around here. If you want to help around the house, then fine. As long you have it at the back of your mind that you are not doing it because you are staying here.'

Tori nodded. Things would have been pretty boring around here if what she was thinking were to be the case. She took the cup before her back to her lips, while sipping she could see Tobi smirking at her when she brought the cup down from her face.

'Why are you giving me that look?'

'Nothing.' He replied 'You just look like some funny character out of an animation.'

Was he being cocky again?

Tori gave him the tight lipped look of annoyance.

'You are annoying you know.'

'Well actually, you are not the first person to tell me that. Isn't that great?'

Why does he make every insult hurled at him a compliment.

'Well, you used to be a pretty bright child while you were very young though. Your writing and spellings back then says it all.' Tori poured pure sarcasm inside her voice b
as she smirked her words up at him pointing at the food time-table on the wall.'

'Actually, I would be glad to inform you, my writing hasn't changed much from the one you've seen. I was only six then and I might as well say I am proud of myself. Some people can't even write their own names at that age nor could they control how they take coffee as adults. They always end up having their whole nose stained with milk in the process.' He replied shoving an hankie he took out of his short's pocket at her.

Tori gently cleaned her nose with it. Feeling a bit defeated in their little battle of words.

'So much for being arrogant, your hankie smells of maggi and palm oil. You don't even cook, where did they come from?' She squinted her face in disgust even though all she could perceive was a faint smell of cologne.

She knew she wasn't winning this battle this time.

She drank everything in the cup before her in one gulp. Making sure she didn't stain her nose this time of course.

'Well, you don't have to make things up when you are getting wordly-roasted. It makes you sound lame and quite desperate.'

Not like she gets pissed off easily by anybody. But this dude right here...

Well, he's got an A+ in pissing her off.

'Did your mum drop you off a cliff at birth or you just loose a few screws every single day?' Living with him might be quite a task.

'Neither.' It was his mum. She was at the door. It looked as though she had been standing there for a while. She walked inside the kitchen and straight to the dispenser where she poured herself a cup of water.

Tori could tell the fear was back judging by the rate her heart thumped.

Tobi could see she was scared again. Her eyes says it all, those eyes that looks so much like Jo's. Why do she remind him Johanna so badly. She's like miniature version of her.

But she doesn't have Jo's confidence.

One look at her and you can tell she is all shaky inside. Why does she have insecurity problems and so little confidence.

She is not someone who sticks to her own words, is she?

'Where he gets all that from quite amaze me as well' His mum added as she fiddled with the glass cup in her hands.

'The cook won't be coming Today. She has to be in the hospital with her sick child again.' She announced and Tobi knew it was meant for him.

'Alright. So, are you going to make breakfast?'

'You want me to make breakfast?' She asked completely stunned by what he said.

'Yeah. Dinner was great and knowing how much I love homemade foods, I'd be having breakfast at home this morning.

She hesitated before answering. 'Alright then.' She glanced at Tori and he could tell she was trying to communicate with her countenance.

That girl was all frozen on her seat.

'Right. Mum' He started calmly 'She would be staying here for now until she gets her own place. I wanted to tell you yesternight but you were sleeping when we got back.'

'Oh... Why?'

'Her landlord evicted her without notice. She knows nobody in Lagos and has no place to stay.'

'Awwwn. That's so unfortunate. You are welcome here dear. Thanks for yesterday and for returning the phone. I am grateful.'

Even if he weren't suspicious at first, 'thanks for yesterday and the for returning the phone' is a statement worth investigating. He could see Tori's face lit up and she thanked her earnestly, going as far as kneeling.

'So mum, what did you say about breakfast?' Tobi asked

'Don't worry about it. I'll surely make it.' She seemed so sure of herself.

Tobi wished he could shout 'not today' at her.

'You should follow the timetable. We are having Yam and egg since today is Friday.'

'Did you have the table memorised already?'

'I went through it this morning.'

'Shouldn't you go and prepare for work now?'

'I'm not going to work. I just got back from a business trip. If uncle Soji needs anything, he'd come get it at home.' Tobi knew his mum was trying to get rid of him.

'Well, you should go and shower and rest. While you are gone, we'd be having a heart to heart talk.' His mum said gesticulating towards Tori.

By heart to heart talk, he knows what she meant.

'Not to worry. I want to show Tori around the neighborhood. Whatever you guys want to discuss can wait until you are done cooking. You can't be talking while I'm hungry. Now, if you'll excuse me, we have a street to walk.' With that statement, he pulledTori by the wrist and dragging her outside.

'What did you do that for? You put your mum in a very bad position you know.' Tori said yanking her hand off his

'Right, maybe next time she'll learn not to lie to her kids and not ask a stranger to cook the family's food.'

'She knows she's not a great cook that's why she's putting so much effort into trying. She almost burnt the house down yesterday.'

Tobi couldn't help smiling.

'You don't know my mum like I do. She even asked you to help her cook the first time you met her! That's more than outrageous! If she was making efforts, she would have asked you to guide her, not do it for her.'

'She did asked me to guide her but it was taking quite long and you'd be home any minute.'

'My mum doesn't try cooking. If it weren't for what she wanted to say to me yesterday, she wouldn't have cooked. I know her so much. That's why I don't want you cooking. If you do, she wouldn't step inside the kitchen ever again if you do. I want her to learn the hard way.'

Tori reasoned with him and didn't want to argue with him.

'So, where are we going exactly? Or we are just going to roam the whole street aimlessly?'

'We are going to eat? Whatever she is making won't be digestible. And you won't want to be hungry for the rest of the day.'

Tori nodded.

'But I can't go like this.' She added saying the 'this' as she pointed at her outfit.

'But it's not like we're going out on a date. The restaurant is just a few metres away.' He said smiling.

'Is that much reason for me to go there in a pajamas?' Tori asked trying to confirm his sanity.

'Well, go on and change then. But I'd be going like 'this'.' He said as Tori ran off. His phone was vibrating. He had a call.

Jo.

'Hello.' He said, thickening his voice the more after coughing nervously.

'Tobi, can you come over? Something urgent came up.' She said into the phone. Her voice was breaking up.

'It so happens, I am on my way. Would be there soon.'

'Alright, thanks.'

Tobi didn't give it a second thought. He jumped in his car and he was on the street after a few minutes.

Not thinking about the moment when Tori would come out of the house.

Not thinking of when she would appear and find him gone.

29 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Silent Seduction by fiyah(f): 1:25pm On Aug 16, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Nairaland writers now on strike eh!

we here
Re: Silent Seduction by fiyah(f): 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
sorry the update took too long
Re: Silent Seduction by fiyah(f): 1:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
ysafiq, bornita, udison, mattkent, vicdall, blessytee,
fijumokesayo, osjaay, nmaglit, callmeomotee33,
greyce, chicent, iruruaga100, abuklaw,oluwabuqqyolo, alvinrich, vidamia

sorry for keeping you guys waiting

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by Nobody: 2:09pm On Aug 16, 2016
fiyah:

better apologize wella. Lemme sha forgive you behbeh. Dont do that again o

2 Likes

Re: Silent Seduction by Vidamia(m): 2:45pm On Aug 16, 2016
woooww

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by yorhmienerd(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2016
fiyah:

we here
Ride on

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by holufunmie(f): 3:28pm On Aug 16, 2016
nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Silent Seduction by Nwiboko26(f): 4:21pm On Aug 16, 2016
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by IamLukas(m): 5:29pm On Aug 16, 2016
Very beautiful and interesting piece...how I wish the updates could be more regularcry

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by fiyah(f): 5:49pm On Aug 16, 2016
Bornita:
better apologize wella. Lemme sha forgive you behbeh. Dont do that again o

lol
thanks ma'am
Re: Silent Seduction by Chicent(m): 5:51pm On Aug 16, 2016
The last update was a very long and breathe taking one..... So good for my thirst.....keep it up and coming fiyah..... U dope. Nice story!!

Keeping Tab henceforth..... #WriteOn

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by Fijumokesayo(f): 5:57pm On Aug 16, 2016
Very soon, Tori would break Jo's spell on Tobi. I can't wait for another update to come o jare, well done Fii

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by callmeomotee33(f): 5:58pm On Aug 16, 2016
This is gettting interesting now ....thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by Chicent(m): 6:05pm On Aug 16, 2016
fiyah:

ayam oliver twist.....ayam asking for more. Bring it on.

Make it LooooooooooooooNG. Tnx

2 Likes

Re: Silent Seduction by vicdall(f): 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2016
fiyah please can we get another update tonight?

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by abefe99: 6:46pm On Aug 16, 2016
nice one fiya God bless u

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by CuteChiluv: 10:40pm On Aug 16, 2016
Lovely, this tori is on the right lane. Funny characters

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by Nmaglit: 9:23am On Aug 17, 2016
The love tobi has for jo is annoying to me smh

Thanks fiyah

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Silent Seduction by holufunmie(f): 11:36am On Aug 17, 2016
nice one,,,,pls ride on

2 Likes

Re: Silent Seduction by Iriruaga100(m): 2:15pm On Aug 17, 2016
Tnks for d update n pls update twice a day. I love ur tori like toriola...

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by Olabantu(m): 3:03pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pls, abeg, bik don't keep people hanging ooooo...this is a n awesome work, waiting anxiously for the next update

1 Like

Re: Silent Seduction by Olabantu(m): 3:04pm On Aug 17, 2016
Pls, abeg, biko don't keep people hanging ooooo...this is a n awesome work, waiting anxiously for the next update
Re: Silent Seduction by bellefidel(f): 4:20pm On Aug 17, 2016
nice story u got here bae
Re: Silent Seduction by fiyah(f): 7:50pm On Aug 17, 2016
Some girls walk in the room and everything remains
But when you opened up the door
My life completely changed
Some girls be craving that attention to be seen
But the one I'm looking at is right in front of me...

Charlie Puth (Then there is you)
Everything seemed normal when he got to Jo's place. The gatekeeper greeted him like he always do and there was no panic in the air like he have sensed.

Jo better have some great reasons for frightening him that badly.

'Oh! Thank God you're here!'
She screamed as she came towards him. The sitting room was good as you must guessed and she was looking great as usual.

Stunning is actually the word even though Tobi knew she didn't really put much effort into her looks this morning, she still looked amazing. She was dishelved, Yes. But she was still as beautiful as ever.

Not wasting much time, drooling over her ever sensual, provocative, breathtaking...

'What are you thinking about?' She snapped her fingers at his face. Her face was just a few inches from his. The finger snapping thingy brought him back to reality and he just cleared his throat like everything was cool.

He moved to sit on one of the posh sofas avoiding looking at her.

'So, you were saying?' He asked.

'Something urgent just came up.'

Yeah you said that on phone.

'Mum is coming back home this morning!' She throw her arms in the air to show how very important that is.

Well, whichever direction Tobi tries to see it, he didn't see an iota of emergency in that. She must be kidding if that was the sole reason why he had to rush over here nearly crashing into another car on his way.

The quizzical look and a mixture of 'are you serious' countenance on Tobi's face must have told her he needed her to expantiate on that.

'Well, it so happens today is her birthday. I totally forgot! she called this morning and she was like I forgot today is her birthday right? And I was like no and she was like she is on her way home already and being the first time she'd be having her birthday at home....'

'Are you kidding? The first birthday your mum would be celebrating with you!' Tobi spat. That was so weird.

Is she a pilot or what?

'Well, something like that. You know she's always travelling and all. So, she never really has the chance to celebrate her birthday at home. While dad was alive, we celebrate it at a later date. Maybe a few days or weeks after her birthday. I won't be wasting time explaining that though... The real problem is, I prepared nothing for her birthday. I even forgot it's her birthday! So I already ordered for a cake and it has arrived, the maids are in the kitchen cooking...'

Tobi watched her do the explanation and waited for the time when he came in.

'....I called a few of her friends and none of them can make it. So, since dad isn't here anymore, you are the only family I could think of. It would be weird if it's just me and her you know.'

Well, that explanation is satisfying enough.

'What am I supposed to do then?'

'You'd just have to be here and we'd wait for her. When she gets here, we'd have breakfast tog....'

Wait a minute, the mentioning of breakfast really got him remembering something. Why can't he....

Yeah!

He was supposed to be having breakfast with that girl! He feels so bad not letting her know before dissapearing. It seems really annoying.

'So, how long is it going to take her to get here?'

'She didn't exactly say where she is. I don't even know where she is right now, she just told me she is already on her way.'

Great. Only God knows how many hours he would spend here or is it days? It would be great if it were days though.

Just Jo and him....

'Where did she really tell you she was going?' He asked waving of the evil internal monologue he was having with himself.

'I can't say. My mum is not all that static. Although she told me she was going to Dubai the day she left but just a few days ago, she told me she was already in Amsterdam. She is completely unpredictable!' She rolled her eyes which made it seem like the rolling of the eyes was just for show. She seemed so proud of her mum's travelling spree.

'Let's talk about something else. Are you dating now?' Did she really just say that or he needs a trip to the the auditory doctor or do they also have a name they are being called?

All this doctors sef.

Tobi was surprised, stunned, scared curious and embarrassed all at the same time.
Surprised because she never really showed interest in his relationship before and the sudden interest completely awed him.
Stunned because of reason number one.
Curious about why she showed sudden interest and he was enthusiastic as he thought she was thinking what he was thinking.

She probably hitting on him. Doing the asking out herself. Reminding him she was also single and urging him to make the first move.

That sounds so ridiculous, unbelievable and absurd. Yet, he just added it to his options. It's good to be optimistic sometimes.

'Why are you asking?' If he was going to answer, he needs to know why.

'You seem pretty occupied. You stopped hitting me up ever since I left Abuja and that got me thinking you were probably dating now. So is that a Yes?'

Oh, that was it.

Man, was he disappointed? As punishment for dissapointing him, he won't tell her.

'You are not talking?' She asked again still giving him that inquiring look.

'You should know me better than anyone. So, you should figure it out yourself. Now, if you would be a nice little lady, you should atleast get me something. A drink probably.'

'Oh! Sorry' She smiled as she stood up and walked to the tall fridge just at another end of the sitting room.

'By the way, I was told Marcus' sister is getting married this Saturday. That's his only sister and amazingly he didn't invite me to the wedding...' She said and she picked a glass cup and poured half the bottled drink inside it then placed both bottle and cup on the stool beside Tobi.

Why was she bringing up that guy again? She seemed annoyed she wasn't invited.

'While we were dating, he was always talking about how I'd be in charge of everything on her wedding and how...'

'Are you not over him yet?' Tobi asked. Slightly irritated she was daydreaming about that dude. He picked the glass cup to his lips making his face seem blank. Like he wasn't really interested even though his eyes, ears and other sense organs were all hyperactive now.

'Well,' she smiled as she sat back down. 'He was the first guy to ever dump me. It was kind of unexpected so I guess I'm still a bit not over him.'

She wasn't over him. That was like some bad news. A blow on the groin!
What kind of guy breaks up with Jo anyway? That Marcus guy must be dumb or something.

Well wait a minute, if she wasn't over him. Why did she pull that drama the first night in Abuja?. When she saw that guy and somewhat neglected him and even went ahead to deny him before the guy whatever his name was.

'That reminds me, who was that guy you ran into at the dinner that first night in Abuja. The doctor guy...'

'Oh' she was smiling again. Was she born to smile or something. 'He was Marcus' best friend. I met Marcus through him. He works at my hospital and he was....'

'Why don't you give your mum a call now. Let's know where she is.' Tobi needed to stop her from her daydream and also stop his hand from twitching in anger just looking at her. So she was trying to create a good impression on Marcus' friend huh?

'Mum, where are you? We've been waiting...yeah... Tobi is here... What!.... Why won't I take you serious? You are kidding right.... Seriously? What am I going to do about the cake and food now?.... I am so mad at you right now.... That's one expensive joke you know... Alright bye.' The frown on her face and also following the conversation intently, he hopes all he heard were just his wildest imaginations.

'Would you believe mum never left? She said she was pulling my legs and won't be home until next week! Can you imagine?'

Of course, I can't.

My imaginations blur right now.

I left someone hanging only to come here and have you daydream about your ex who is my sworn rival.
What else could be worse than than that?...

Walking aimlessly is really terrible

Now, where did that boy go?

He wasn't even picking his calls.

Tori must have been walking for half an hour or so now without an actual destination. She had made several turns she wasn't that sure she hasn't lost her way yet.She had thought he went to wait for her outside with the car only for her to come outside and not find him. She had told his mum they would be back after the walk so she can't possibly go back to his house now.

Actually, the reason why she can't go back is because she still can't face his mum. Instead, she had chosen to walk thinking she might run into him on the way.

But why did he leave without telling her?

That's so rude and she was pretty annoyed. Or was it probably one of his pranks.

Her stomach rumbled and she knew she needs to get something to eat. The street was empty.

All this rich people and silence though. They hardly relate with their neighbours and are almost always inside. Unlike where she grew up, every house in this vicinity was fenced and 'gated' if there is even anything like that.

Tori opened her purse. She found two one thousand naira note and an ATM card. Well, she should at least get somewhere to sit and eat and also pass the time too. She prays food here isn't as expensive as she heard it always is in this part of Nigeria. Checking her phone for some kind of message or something from Tobi, she proceeded down the road.

An eatery was just a few metres away. She can try that place. Hopefully, it might not be as bad as she had dreaded. She was going to cross the road to the other side where the eatery was when a Jeep made her retreated back to the side of the road as it parked right in front of her.

Some drivers weren't really taught traffic rules and regulations, were they?

She was moving away from the Jeep to try crossing again when the lady that alighted from the jeep came towards her. She was wearing a polka dotted white gown and she was also wearing a pair of sunglasses too. Her wig was made into a messy bun.

She looked so familiar but Tori couldn't place where she met her. The dark shades she was putting on made things a bit difficult too.

'Torry!' There was only one person who pronounced her name with a vibrating 'r' and an almost silent 'y' after it.

Janice.

Okay Janice was like the most jovial girl in college of health sciences back then in school. She was known by virtually everybody. She was very fond of Tori owing to the fact that Tori was like one of the best students in the department and quite a popular one too. The last time they saw each other must be when they had their Induction.

'Baby!' Janice said wrapping her arms around Tori who seemed quite elated too. 'I never expected you'd be in Lagos! It's so surprising! You'd be doing your internship here right? Well, me too, I just got back after my wedding...'

'You are married?' Tori was surprised and her smile widened.

'Well, I sure am.' She said showing off her wedding ring as she waved it at Tori's face smiling.

'Wow! That's amazing. I'm so happy for you' Tori hugged her again.

'Thank you! You are the first course mate I ran into! Like, it's great right... You know what? I'd give you my number and you, yours. I have somewhere I really have to be right now.' She said and they exchanged numbers. 'I missed you guys so much.' She gushed then after they reminiscence about old times for a few minutes, they waved each other goodbye and Janice left.

Tori went into the eatery feeling rather famished. The eatery was almost empty except for a middle-aged man who was busy with breakfast and kept looking at his watch as he stuffed himself.

Tori collected the tray of food thar the she ordered. It was as expensive as she had feared that she had battled with her mind before paying.

Her phone was ringing.

Holding the tray with one hand and fetching her phone from her pocket with the other, she tried picking the call.

Clang!

The next thing she saw was all her food splattered on the floor. She had bumped into a guy who wasn't looking his way too as he was receiving a call. Tori felt like crying!

That couldn't be the food she struggled to buy!

She gave the guy a death stare. Her eyes not blinking and eyeball not roving. Just that perfect murderous stare.

'Oh oh' the guy murmured and immediately terminated his call. 'I'm really so sorry. It's totally my fault. '

Well, yeah. It certainly is.

It was hers too but she wasn't taking responsibility. Not when money is involved.

'You should buy another one. It's totally on me.'

Well, that would make her feel petty if he would be buying her food.

But if she looks at it in another way, it's partially his fault and he was just paying for the damage. And also she was so damn hungry!

That was her N2500 on the floor!

So, a minute later they were sitting facing each other. Both eating different meals.

'If you don't mind, can I have your number?'

Tori looked up from her food and sat up cleaning her mouth with the tissue paper. He is cute and quite gentle too.

'Miss?' He called snapping her out of her reverie.

She gave him after debating with herself for a while.

'Here is mine.' He dictated after saving hers.

Tori saw that it was Tobi who called and indirectly caused the accident. She scoffs at his name and went ahead to type the guy's number.

'What's your name?' She asked when she tapped 'save contact'

'Marcus. The name is Marcus.'
t invite me to the wedding... He called snapping her out of her reverie.

She gave him after debating with herself for a while.

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Silent Seduction by Osjaay(f): 7:55pm On Aug 17, 2016
shey dem use this jo of a gal swear for am.which kind jazz the gal use for tobi o

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Seduction by Osjaay(f): 8:06pm On Aug 17, 2016
lord have mercy dont tell me say na the same marcus jo still dey die for b dis.. fiyah o which kind heart stopping twist b dis

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Seduction by CuteChiluv: 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
Love triangle, marcus, jo,tori and tobi, hmmmmm .well done

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Silent Seduction by Nwiboko26(f): 8:41pm On Aug 17, 2016
Ogbeni!.is dis nt the same marcus dat left jo.hey.i can't wait o.more update plsss.
Re: Silent Seduction by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 17, 2016
Lovely twist smiley Now I kinda pity Tobi.

3 Likes

Re: Silent Seduction by ysadiq(m): 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2016
I like the twist you're making let this update be regular please cause I can't just wait to have the next one

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

Diary Of A Broke Playboy / The Preacher's Son!!! / Letting Go By Audrey Timms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.