Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

Woman Who Lost Her Good Husband Due To “ego” Shares Her Touching Story - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman Who Lost Her Good Husband Due To “ego” Shares Her Touching Story (656 Views)

19-Year-Old Father Of 2, Who Lost His 2 Baby Mamas, Shares His Story (Photo) / "I Love You No Be For Mouth" - Plus-Sized Lady Shares Her Bank Account Online / Bride Shares Her Touching Life Experience (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Who Lost Her Good Husband Due To “ego” Shares Her Touching Story by Slytee(m): 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2016

It is the wife’s role to ensure peace in her home; kill your ‘ego’ once you are married, for your sanity…

This is a true life story of a woman who is lamenting her ordeal after getting divorced by her husband due to her ego and bad advice from people around her.

I am 32 years old. Me and my ex hubby dated for six years, I started dating him whilst I was in grade 12, I was 19 years old. We were best of friends, I waited until he completed college and started work, my family and his family then met, we got married and had a son (7 years old now).

My husband was short tempered at times, but our problems started when I wanted to make him feel he can’t control me. Every time we argue, I would pack my bags, go to my family and explain.

My sisters would phone my husband and ridicule. If he talks I would always dare him that if you wish divorce me – I never wanted divorce, I just had pride and I never wanted to look a lose in his eyes.

One day I pushed him so had that for the first time he beat me and lock me out side, I went to my family, my family took him to police, every time I pretend like I am being abused! But to be honest, I used to abuse my husband emotionally.

He was arrested and detained. I was asked by his family to withdraw the case, I felt that what I was doing is wrong. My husband was never a violent man, he did what he did because I pushed him too much too hard. I withdrew the charge, and we reconciled.

After three months, I packed my bags after a small issue, and he remained alone. After two days I received a call that he is in hospital, [but] my family told me that I shouldn’t go there because it will look like am begging him, and my sisters claimed he is faking the illness even without seeing him.

All this time, people felt sorry for me like I was the one being abused. He spent a week in hospital, after he came out, I just received a divorce summon. I wanted to say no to divorce, but because I felt this pride, I wanted him to change his mind and beg me, I called him and say he will get the divorce, I pretend like am in hell in his house.

When we went to court, I wanted to make him pay, so I told the court that I needed his properties to be shared. To my surprise he openly told the court that whatever he and me acquired together should be given to me, all he wanted was divorce.

We got divorced in 2009 July. Now, this Saturday my husband is getting married again, whilst I am here “wasted”! My family are gossiping about me, I depend on what my ex gives to my son for survival. I know I wasted my marriage. I am here telling all wives to be careful how you get advise. Don’t be deceived by those close to you. Even my young sisters are much more respected than me. Those who encouraged me to divorce my husband are always bad mouthing me now.

There is no benefit in Pride and Ego for a woman in marriage. I learnt my lessons a bit late!

Read more @[url]Betamotive.com/woman-lost-good-husband-due-ego-shares-touching-story[/url]
Re: Woman Who Lost Her Good Husband Due To “ego” Shares Her Touching Story by LilSmith55(m): 12:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
embarassed
Re: Woman Who Lost Her Good Husband Due To “ego” Shares Her Touching Story by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
They don't value you when you are with them or when you're gone. They only miss you when you've move on.

Ooh on-line daughters of Eve, where art thou?
Come read and learn from someone's mistake.

Lmao. grin
Re: Woman Who Lost Her Good Husband Due To “ego” Shares Her Touching Story by Kakamorufu(m): 12:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
u caused this on yourself lady. Hope those egoistic ladies like you take heed from your lesson.
Re: Woman Who Lost Her Good Husband Due To “ego” Shares Her Touching Story by Mafking(m): 12:59pm On Jul 23, 2016
Do you mean the igbo's ego(money)... Abi
Re: Woman Who Lost Her Good Husband Due To “ego” Shares Her Touching Story by Jayjay0(m): 1:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
Moral lesson for them foolish feminist/ladies who want to be the husband and the wife at the same time.
Re: Woman Who Lost Her Good Husband Due To “ego” Shares Her Touching Story by tommychow(m): 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
Lesson to the "modern women" tryna be the boss in the home in the name of "equality". Thing about pride is, if you let it in a little, it starts to grow gradually especially if your partner let's you get away with it too often. Nothing good comes from being proud and arrogant...and nothing good comes from being insecure and passive.

(1) (Reply)

It's Wrong To Remain Lonely While A Lovely Heart Is Beating After You Next Door! / Two Guys Get The Beating Of Their Life Over A Lady / Muslim Men Gang-rape 17-year-old Christian Girl For Refusing To Convert To Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.