Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu (25727 Views)

Appeal Court Validates Rivers State’s Probe Of Rotimi Amaechi / Throwback Wedding Photo Of Rotimi Akeredolu & Betty In 1981 / Osinbajo, Ambode, Mimiko At RCCG 64th Convention (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by Experienceman(m): 9:24pm On Jul 23, 2016
In politics no permanent friends no permanent enemies
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by macarson2k(m): 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2016
jahsharon:
Please remind Mimiko that his defection to APC will not stop EFCC from arresting him after he leaves office. If he is in doubt, tell him to ask Saraki.

Also EFCC will arrest Adams in Edo state when has tenor expire this year.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by everozone: 9:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
That we have different political inclination doesn't mean we are foes.That was the message Mimiko relayed.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by sexychocho(f): 9:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
HBD to celebrant
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by sainty2k3(m): 10:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
Hammefeez:
ABUJA SLAIN FEMALE PREACHER: THE TRUTH
Nigerian Media: Truth versus Reality
In the past few days, the hearts of genuine
citizens of our great nation have bled over
the news of the killing of a female Christian
preacher by alleged Muslim fanatics in
Kubwa area of the FCT, Abuja. I was actually
alerted by a friend's text message because
although I reside in the affected area, I was
far away in Ibadan, Oyo State, as at the time
of the incident. As an average concerned
Nigerian, I thought, when will this nation be
free from religious and ethnic crises? But as
a journalist and one with eyes for
investigation, I knew I had a duty at hand.
So, on my return to the city, I visited the
particular street, the particular spot,
conducted personal investigation and secret
interviews, and made several findings. I
became sad! Why? Most of the information
doled out by our media are NOT TRUE! For
the avoidance of doubt, there was no
evidence of anyone present when the
woman died. Witnesses only said they met
her dead. Secondly, I did not find anyone to
confirm that any part of the woman was
missing or mutilated. I talked with one who
saw the corpse early that morning, with
two policemen, before the news went viral.
Thirdly, there was no mosque in that street
or behind the spot. Fourthly, the vicinity had
been under the torment of cultism in the
past few months, in fact, two separate
persons were found killed and dumped in
the area recently, one of them on the street
adjacent this particular one. The police is
actually on the trail of s notorious cult who
is believed to have sneaked into and hiding
in the area. The police is insisting that they
met the corpse body intact. But, alas! What
my colleagues wrote were terrifying. In fact,
it revived hatred, instigated religious
intolerance and personal mistrust. I am sure
many of you journalists who wrote the
story were not in Abuja, you just received
the news from friends and forwarded to
your headquarters, which also did not verify
before going to press. I also know that
many of those in Abuja then did not visit the
place, nor conduct proper investigation. For
an issue as critical as religion and ethnicity,
most of you goofed! The media is an
indefatigable player in nation building, and
no society is firmly built on negligence and
mistrust as being displayed by our
journalists. But, the media houses too are at
fault. Most of them pay peanuts for staff
while the few at the top swim in affluence.
Where, then, is the resource and motivation
for the reporter to carry out investigative
reporting and due diligence. To survive,
many journalists are pipers in the hands of
politicians, religious leaders and
businessmen and even government, who
dictate their tune. Yet, the masses are at the
receiving end because they naturally hold
on to the news from the media. It is a hell a
times, to change the people's perception on
issues, over which our media had made
serious blunders. I had had to show identity
cards to some, before they agree to reason
along the right perspective. The corruption
on the media is much, but our colleagues
can just help hold on to the truth.
By Sulaimon Adeshina
Please share till everyone knows the truth.

you want to twist the fact. u arrived after police has started picking up th culprits and you expect someone to tell you they know about the murder. you didn't see the corpse but u adopted the report of the supposed eyewitness that soothes ur marrow. this is why the religion won't ever bring peace. instead of condemning the act u are trying to proof it didn't happen

1 Like

Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by Adonis8296(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
londonrivals:
http://www.metronaija.com/2016/07/photos-gov-mimiko-at-apc-candidate.html
mimiko is a political chameleon that changes political party anyhow. Only the likes of adefarati and Dr. Agagu can. Explain better.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by zmtoz: 10:44pm On Jul 23, 2016
AKETI FOR GOVNOR
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by micrep3030(m): 11:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
goonsmi:
Mimiko's trick will not work this time around. he is a serial betrayal.

Nobody will welcome him back into APC fold in South West .

We can forgive but we will never forget.

Was mimiko ever in apc
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by wadetaw202: 12:19am On Jul 24, 2016
goonsmi:
Mimiko's trick will not work this time around. he is a serial betrayal.

Nobody will welcome him back into APC fold in South West .

We can forgive but we will never forget.

For your information, you have no say in whom the party welcomes. Who are you and what post do you hold in APC that you will decide on whom they welcome and whom they Dont welcome? Who knows you? The only person that has a say in APC southwest is the biggest landlord of Lagos state. Do you think anybody knows you or care about you? You can shout Sai baba from dusk to dawn or defend remi tinubu from badagry to Maiduguri; yet, you are a nobody as far as they are concerned.

And will you commit suicide if you see these politicians become friends with mimiko tomorrow?
I am neither in support of APC nor PDP. I am completely neutral.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by wadetaw202: 12:22am On Jul 24, 2016
push26:
[size=28pt] Akeredolu not from ondo state[/size]

He must be from king of Brazil.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by Jewelbaby01(f): 12:44am On Jul 24, 2016
Sometimes I wonder where this heap of rubbish (APC) emanated from, and to think they chose Nigeria as their incinerator, so disheartening. Well, the rubbish will soon be burned and reduced to ashes. Only fear is, it can always be recycled. angry
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by goonsmi: 5:24am On Jul 24, 2016
wadetaw202:

For your information, you have no say in whom the party welcomes. Who are you and what post do you hold in APC that you will decide on whom they welcome and whom they Dont welcome? Who knows you? The only person that has a say in APC southwest is the biggest landlord of Lagos state. Do you think anybody knows you or care about you? You can shout Sai baba from dusk to dawn or defend remi tinubu from badagry to Maiduguri; yet, you are a nobody as far as they are concerned.

And will you commit suicide if you see these politicians become friends with mimiko tomorrow?
I am neither in support of APC nor PDP. I am completely neutral.

You want to kill yourself over mimiko's matter or why this anger over what you little knowledge over ?

The people that understand politics very well and knows the history of Mimiko will understand me better than a green horn like.

If you see Mimiko in APC then he is their to pay for his many sins . Ask the real politicians that understand the Southwest politics and they will tell you man is very well noted for.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by goonsmi: 5:27am On Jul 24, 2016
micrep3030:

Was mimiko ever in apc

You won't understand unless you have been a keen follower of Nigerian especially southwest politics.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by wadetaw202: 5:34am On Jul 24, 2016
goonsmi:

You want to kill yourself over mimiko's matter or why this anger over what you little knowledge over ?

The people that understand politics very well and knows the history of Mimiko will understand me better than a green horn like.

If you see Mimiko in APC then he is their to pay for his many sins . Ask the real politicians that understand the Southwest politics and they will tell you man is very well noted for.

Like I insisted earlier, you have no say in whatever happens. It is not your call. It is the party leaders that will decide and I'm sure you aren't one of them. So, your opinion is inconsequential. Do you think buhari know you? No,he doesn't. Do you think tinubu know you? No, he doesn't.

And I'm not killing myself over any politician. I have grown beyond the level of supporting/opposing any politician against another. They are all the same.

I suggest you too stop supporting/opposing any politician/political party against another one; because in politics, there is no permanent friend/enemy; only permanent interest.

Dont be surprised if you see Jonathan, buhari, tinubu and even mimiko in the same political party tomorrow. They won't even care whether it is ok by you or not, because your opinion doesn't count where they are concerned.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by kennymoses2012(m): 5:39am On Jul 24, 2016
their nothing bad in it,yoruba are one. ....let d love continue
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by goonsmi: 6:16am On Jul 24, 2016
wadetaw202:

Like I insisted earlier, you have no say in whatever happens. It is not your call. It is the party leaders that will decide and I'm sure you aren't one of them. So, your opinion is inconsequential. Do you think buhari know you? No,he doesn't. Do you think tinubu know you? No, he doesn't.

And I'm not killing myself over any politician. I have grown beyond the level of supporting/opposing any politician against another. They are all the same.

I suggest you too stop supporting/opposing any politician/political party against another one; because in politics, there is no permanent friend/enemy; only permanent interest.

Dont be surprised if you see Jonathan, buhari, tinubu and even mimiko in the same political party tomorrow. They won't even care whether it is ok by you or not, because your opinion doesn't count where they are concerned.

Jonathan and Tinubu ? Yes very possible because politics is dynamic . If Tinubu , Buhari and obj can team up together to send PDP packing then anything is possible.

But trust me there is more to Mimiko matter and I will say it again if you see Mimiko in APC he is their to pay for his sins.

Mimiko is a serial betrayal and no reasonable politician/party can trust him . His betraying antics is legendary and that is what he will be remembered for.

Mimiko is a passionate betrayal.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by lukency(m): 8:47am On Jul 24, 2016
Hagm0nd:
Yorubas are just special,two APC aspirants Akeredolu and Oke dancing with Mimiko a PDP governor.
When it comes to religion too you see yorubas mixing freely unlike some other tribes who were created with thick layers of hatred in their blood .Yoruba na baba! Yoruba too much joor!

2 Likes

Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by Solange06: 9:06am On Jul 24, 2016
If Mimiko betrayed Agagu, Tinubu and the likes to build a better life for us people of (ondo state) by providing mother and child hospital, Mega schools, transportation to schools for our students, beatification of our state and so on.. we Ondo state people are happy he betrayed them all.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by july66: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2016
360frolic:
Governor Segun Mimiko at the 60th birthday of the APC gubernatorial aspirant Rotimi Akeredolu, in Owo.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photos-mimiko-at-60th-birthday-of-apc.html

I wish to see Adams Oshiomhole & Osagie Ize Iyamu exhibit this type of relationship. Politics is not a do or die issue.
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by dakkayode(m): 11:18am On Jul 24, 2016
Our man ..

Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by omooba2015(m): 12:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
360frolic:
Governor Segun Mimiko at the 60th birthday of the APC gubernatorial aspirant Rotimi Akeredolu, in Owo.

http://www.newshelm.com/2016/07/photos-mimiko-at-60th-birthday-of-apc.html

Why 60yrs old man courtesy for Governor, and he will be dreaming of 8yrs in that office... Are we saying we don't have YOUTH that can do it.. Ondo people's WAKE Up
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
[quote author=jahsharon post=47817924]Please remind Mimiko that his defection to APC will not stop EFCC from arresting him after he leaves office. If he is in doubt, tell him to ask Saraki.[/quote

tell me how many has EFCC successfully investigated
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
Re: Mimiko At The 60th Birthday Of Rotimi Akeredolu by atirolu(m): 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
Hammefeez:
ABUJA SLAIN FEMALE PREACHER: THE TRUTH
Nigerian Media: Truth versus Reality
In the past few days, the hearts of genuine
citizens of our great nation have bled over
the news of the killing of a female Christian
preacher by alleged Muslim fanatics in
Kubwa area of the FCT, Abuja. I was actually
alerted by a friend's text message because
although I reside in the affected area, I was
far away in Ibadan, Oyo State, as at the time
of the incident. As an average concerned
Nigerian, I thought, when will this nation be
free from religious and ethnic crises? But as
a journalist and one with eyes for
investigation, I knew I had a duty at hand.
So, on my return to the city, I visited the
particular street, the particular spot,
conducted personal investigation and secret
interviews, and made several findings. I
became sad! Why? Most of the information
doled out by our media are NOT TRUE! For
the avoidance of doubt, there was no
evidence of anyone present when the
woman died. Witnesses only said they met
her dead. Secondly, I did not find anyone to
confirm that any part of the woman was
missing or mutilated. I talked with one who
saw the corpse early that morning, with
two policemen, before the news went viral.
Thirdly, there was no mosque in that street
or behind the spot. Fourthly, the vicinity had
been under the torment of cultism in the
past few months, in fact, two separate
persons were found killed and dumped in
the area recently, one of them on the street
adjacent this particular one. The police is
actually on the trail of s notorious cult who
is believed to have sneaked into and hiding
in the area. The police is insisting that they
met the corpse body intact. But, alas! What
my colleagues wrote were terrifying. In fact,
it revived hatred, instigated religious
intolerance and personal mistrust. I am sure
many of you journalists who wrote the
story were not in Abuja, you just received
the news from friends and forwarded to
your headquarters, which also did not verify
before going to press. I also know that
many of those in Abuja then did not visit the
place, nor conduct proper investigation. For
an issue as critical as religion and ethnicity,
most of you goofed! The media is an
indefatigable player in nation building, and
no society is firmly built on negligence and
mistrust as being displayed by our
journalists. But, the media houses too are at
fault. Most of them pay peanuts for staff
while the few at the top swim in affluence.
Where, then, is the resource and motivation
for the reporter to carry out investigative
reporting and due diligence. To survive,
many journalists are pipers in the hands of
politicians, religious leaders and
businessmen and even government, who
dictate their tune. Yet, the masses are at the
receiving end because they naturally hold
on to the news from the media. It is a hell a
times, to change the people's perception on
issues, over which our media had made
serious blunders. I had had to show identity
cards to some, before they agree to reason
along the right perspective. The corruption
on the media is much, but our colleagues
can just help hold on to the truth.
By Sulaimon Adeshina
Please share till everyone knows the truth.

Is it because the extremist didn't parade her head or her body that make u tink she was killed by cultists?
How do u relate your tots on the kano killing over blaspheming?
was the woman a cultists?

Cultists kill themselves and people who post a threat to them not somebody minding her business of preaching the truth.

However ur tots and opinion came late

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dalung: United States Of Nigeria, Trolls Blast Him, He Locks Twitter Account / Ademola Adeleke Storms Anglican Church, Says "I Will Stop Half Salary" / Harrison Odungwere: In Ogale, We Cook, Bathe With Table Water

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.