Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,697 members, 7,816,848 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. (28144 Views)

My Story, A Northerner Born And Bred In Onitsha South East Nigeria / Boko Haram Kidnaps 22 Girls And Women In North-east Nigeria / Exploration Of Oil Begins In North East Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 5:45am On Jul 24, 2016
ikechu1:

Rubbish. Excuse to be a SE supremacist.

Abeg Waka commot!!!

Nwanne , ewene iwe....asi Na ofu aka ruta mmanu ozuo ora onu .....an Igbo adage and you know the implications of translating the interpretation of adage in igbo language. We frown at it

That's by the way.she made a mistake by not including anioma but the truth must be told the ika and some ukwuani are giving our good asaba and ogwashi bad name with their Igbo denials

But easy on her. It's an oversight ka odiba

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 5:49am On Jul 24, 2016
lloydmuna2:
Nnem,, nwa u have a big dream it's time to go back home make this corrections. Don't think of what your country will do for u, think of what u will do for your country,,, at least after all this sweet idea South East will turn to Europe under few years
God help us amen cheesy

She leveraged on economies of scale and power of it. I am impressed with her ....she is an example of Igbo girl very critical nd analytical in her thinking

But one oversight is not including anioma people
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by shaibu123: 6:11am On Jul 24, 2016
This is what we need to develop south east,get these governors together in a town hall meeting.let's stop deceiving ourselves with IPOB.The truth is that south east is in need of serious development.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 6:18am On Jul 24, 2016
saintdennis:

Delta north n delta is benin country...even ojukwu knew that. Feel free to add the others.

Thanks

Can you shut up pls
Ogini na eme bu gi
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by newbornmacho(m): 6:29am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
the Igbos should realize that they are on their own in this country.
Our fathers did it by building sam mbakwe airport on their own without FG support, why can't we copy them?
Nwa oma I just joined your group of admirers! Your love for ala igbo is inspirational. Jisie ike. kiss
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by SlayerSupreme: 6:37am On Jul 24, 2016
flokii:

Ok.. Buh I heard d 'real' igbos dnt allow their wards marry from d 'Osu' ones.
More like a caste system if I'm correct.
It's still d same idea
Enwe. Maybe you're the one that is the Osu.

@Thread This is Nigeria not Utopia. However if anything even remotely close to your idea can be implemented,it can ride on the back of Obiano's developmental strides and policies. He will bring them together and they sign one MOU and then they can kick off with the rail. Well,this is fantasy. Right?

(You stepped on my toes earlier today,I still dey look you somehow)

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by newbornmacho(m): 6:39am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

lol @ joint account,

Ordinary 2nd NB you can not collectively build 30 years running, everything you beg and blackmail other people for, from port to bridge to airport and on.

You don't have it in you as a people to do anything for yourself and this is why you hate and blackmail other people so stop wasting your time.
Shameless abobaku... You haven't answered my question about who built that Lagos bridge...
A. Omonile association revenue
B. Iyaloja remittances
C. Tax from importers and business men
D. Niger delta oil revenue
E. Owambe tax returns
F. Import duty from brown roof iron oxide

Note more than one option may be correct.

2 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 24, 2016
Adaure4ever:
the Igbos should realize that they are on their own in this country.
Our fathers did it by building sam mbakwe airport on their own without FG support, why can't we copy them?

You are on your own?

That is a ridiculous notion.

Don't you guys get federal allocation? Every month for that matter?

How many states in the country actually have federal government presence, north, south, east, west?

I see that the persecution complex is very alive and active in all of you, male and female.

Alone ko, lonely ni.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 6:43am On Jul 24, 2016
[s]
newbornmacho:

Shameless abobaku... You haven't answered my question about who built that Lagos bridge...
A. Omonile association revenue
B. Italics remittances
C. Tax from importers and business men
D. Niger delta oil revenue
E. Owambe tax returns
F. Import duty from brown roof iron oxide

Note more than one option may be correct.

[/s]

Ignorant and unintelligent Igbos bore me.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 6:56am On Jul 24, 2016
Ioannes:

You are on your own?

How many states in the country actually have federal government presence, north, south, east, west?

I see that the persecution complex is very alive and active in all of you, male and female.

Alone ko, lonely ni.

I really don't get these people, they act as if they don't collect taxes and allocations or even have governors like the rest of Nigeria. There's lack of FG presence everywhere, but many states are building their own airports, bridges, ports and so on, but these empty and shallow chest beaters can't even tie their even tie their own shoes.

All they do is blame blame and blackmail other people's people.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by newbornmacho(m): 6:57am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

grin grin grin See painment.
Now tuck your tail in between your legs like the d..g you are and run along . I'm done talking with you.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by saintdennis(m): 7:02am On Jul 24, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Can you shut up pls
Ogini na eme bu gi

If u like type igbo,jewish or asiatic languages e no concern me.

Now pls do yourself a favour... hug transformer

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

I really don't get these people, they act as if they don't collect taxes and allocations or even have governors like the rest of Nigeria. There's lack of FG presence everywhere, but many states are building their own airports, bridges, ports and so on, but these empty and shallow chest beaters can't even tie their even tie their own shoes.

All they do is blame blame and blackmail other people's people.

Epp me ask dem o.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by flokii: 7:15am On Jul 24, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

Enwe. Maybe you're the one that is the Osu.

@Thread This is Nigeria not Utopia. However if anything even remotely close to your idea can be implemented,it can ride on the back of Obiano's developmental strides and policies. He will bring them together and they sign one MOU and then they can kick off with the rail. Well,this is fantasy. Right?

(You stepped on my toes earlier today,I still dey look you somehow)

I'm a lover of peace.. No hard feelingz against anyone, just sarcasm

If atal you got offended by any of my post, I apologize.. Nothing but love for my eastern folks

God bless ndigbo
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 7:16am On Jul 24, 2016
saintdennis:

If u like type igbo,jewish or asiatic languages e no concern me.

Now pls do yourself a favour... hug transformer

Ikpu nne GI hug transformer

Inugo
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by KINGS100(m): 7:17am On Jul 24, 2016
that is a briliant idea OP.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by AmuDimpka: 7:20am On Jul 24, 2016
Ioannes:

You are on your own?

Alone ko, lonely ni.

Sometimes I keep asking what is actually wrong with the Yoruba mind

This is where igbo brainstorm and think how to develop east which is better than all the rustic Yoruba town excluding Lagos which is a no man place developed by all

Why masturbate here

Yoruba peeps are terrible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Solozzo(m): 7:20am On Jul 24, 2016
Brilliant ideas from the OP. I think that pooling money in a big purse on a regular basis would lead to corruption and mistrust. Perhaps we strengthen the Union of SE first. The union may be made up of the Govs, finance commissioners and senators who meet regularly. Some seed money of say 30M monthly from each state Govt monthly for 12 months. Then use this to get development expert consortiums to work out those dev plans discussed already. Each project can be done by getting govs , companies, rich individuals of SE origin to contribute money towards the project. The projects should be managed and developed by foreign experts. The profits can be shared by the states.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by trillville(m): 7:22am On Jul 24, 2016
Op, your ideas are very good. Nigeria as a whole needs thinkers like you and not just the south east.

However, the main Issue with your idea is the source of funding. If the governors, the senators and the house of rep members were to contribute out of their monthly earnings, the financial guru employed at SEDC will mismanage the funds with the knowledge that nothing will happen to him/her.

We nigerians will burn a thief who steals our personal goods in the market, but when it is oil money (government funds) that is stolen, we admire the thief and pray to God to put us in the position to chop our own share.

Back to the topic.
If funding can be gotten from the masses, no matter how little, nobody will mismanage the funds and escape punishment. There is strength in numbers and it would shock you that the igbo nation as a whole would contribute much more than government officials can.

1 Like

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 24, 2016
cheruv:

Which NAA
Did your Dad provide one shekel used in its construction Abeg stop telling white lies joor!
... Hey dude stop hating mehn, we Northerners built that Airport for you guys cos you guys were screaming Marginalization. The then Military Administrator Built The Airport, you come sit down here dey type thrash, tell me if the Airport was wholly Funded and built by the state why then was it so easy for control to revert to Federal Government. You Blaady IPOB
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 7:25am On Jul 24, 2016
[s]
newbornmacho:

grin grin grin See painment.
Now tuck your tail in between your legs like the d..g you are and run along . I'm done talking with you.
[/s]

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by keeenee: 7:30am On Jul 24, 2016
@Adaure4ever: brave ,intelligent and courageous. This is the known beauty of igbo women and not the superficial stuff we see nowadays.
To win biafra, we first have to believe in it.it has to be in our hearts. And not in our fists.

#intelligenceoveremotions
God bless you my sista
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by africanman85: 7:37am On Jul 24, 2016
Nigerian Government will frustrate this idea. We can do it if we youths come together as one and pressurized our politicians to succumb to this good idea. We need to be a little violent to our politicians to make them succumb. But have it in mind that Nigerian govt must definitely frustrate d good I thank u Adure, u are a great thinker and wish to marry a girl like u.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 7:38am On Jul 24, 2016
AmuDimpka:

Sometimes I keep asking what is actually wrong with the Yoruba mind

This is where igbo brainstorm and think how to develop east which is better than all the rustic Yoruba town excluding Lagos which is a no man place developed by all

Why masturbate here

Yoruba peeps are terrible

What is terrible is you empty, shallow hateful chest beaters can't do without criticizing other people in their own thread so what's so special about your silly brain storm rubbish?

You people can never show or post anything good from your villages or even what your worthless and incompetent governors are doing or have done with your taxes and allocations, but when we post projects commissioning and pictures on NL, what do you hateful and bitter people do, you show up with hate, jealousy and bad bele to bad mouth.

You people are the most hateful people known to man and thus is why you don't and can never get ahead.

3 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by slap1(m): 7:39am On Jul 24, 2016
Abagworo:

One does not necessarily have to be rich to contribute. When Imo Airport was built people contributed what they could afford and with present day situation anything from 500 Naira is good. The important thing is to make everything transparent.

I will disagree with you when you post what I consider ridiculous. But on this thread, you have my full respect. Well done, bro.

Adaure4ever, you're amazing.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Mrbigman1(m): 7:39am On Jul 24, 2016
mayorbch:
Good.
However, I beg to correct a notion. The senators and members of house of Representatives, according to your idea, are to contribute money from their purse right? This is the impossible part.

Do you think they would contribute a dime and allow a stranger to manage the bulk money? Mistrust and suspicion would destroy the commission even before it is commissioned.

Anyway, I like the idea a lot but where would the state government get money from since the remnant of the state funds embezzled or misappropriated wouldn't be enough to pay teachers let alone repair Port Harcourt road in Aba.

Assuming the Southeast is able to partner with an investor to tap into the coal deposits in Enugu to generate electricity, the country Nigeria that I know would fantastically frustrate such partnership. I don't even want to talk about what the "owners" of the coal would demand and hence a new form of militancy would be given birth to.

Though your forecast isn't entirely impossible, but considering the politics of the day, I daresay that it is impossible.

Ndo

Bro, it's all our fault.

We allow dis politicians to create a dream for us, we should create a dream like dis and make dem politicians fix into it so if anyone dnt meet up, he is expelled.

Honestly, we can achieve dis. A friend have being telling me dis and I have written an article and published but dey all have is self service.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by badnature: 7:43am On Jul 24, 2016
2sexynet:
Nne, I do not know you aside here on Nairaland but I will choose you over Nnamdi Kanu many time over.

Not for once has have those idiots agitating for the disintegration of Nigeria and the break of SE proffered solution on developing the South East before Embarking on their ridiculous suicide mission.

On your thread where you were being attacked over Attah's interview, I asked this same question: What are the economic road maps on ground to give us the utopia they claim? What are the goals on ground to ensure that will ensure that we will be better off after breaking out of this miasma called a country?

NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE has been able to give me answer. They all avoided that question like an Egyptian plaque.

You are the second person in years on Social Media to have outlined possible ways to develop the South East.

This is what I expected Nnamdi Kanu to spend his time doing, forcing the governors of the South East to work and develop the area before talking of Biafra.

. If you have never heard Nnamdi kanu analysis of How Biafra land will be developed,that is because u don't follow him so keep your decay mouth shut.ur generation from Adam to they kingdom come can not produce Nnamdika kanu
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by Mrbigman1(m): 7:44am On Jul 24, 2016
aresa:

What is terrible is you empty, shallow hateful chest beaters can't do without criticizing other people in their own thread so what's so special about your silly brain storm rubbish?

You people can never show or post anything good from your villages or even what your worthless and incompetent governors are doing or have done with your taxes and allocations, but when we post projects commissioning and pictures on NL, what do you hateful and bitter people do, you show up with hate, jealousy and bad bele to bad mouth.

You people are the most hateful people known to man and thus is why you don't and can never get ahead.

Go carry world cup mr. Project.

We don hear u.

Clap for ur self.
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by aresa: 7:45am On Jul 24, 2016
africanman85:
Nigerian Government will frustrate this idea. We can do it if we youths come together as one and pressurized our politicians to succumb to this good idea. We need to be a little violent to our politicians to make them succumb. But have it in mind that Nigerian govt must definitely frustrate d good I thank u Adure, u are a great thinker and wish to marry a girl like u.

There you go. Haven't done or even tried anything yet and they are already blaming, pointing fingers and playing the usual victim mortality game...

You see why these people can never get ahead.?

They've effectively paralyzed themselves with lazy mentality and victim syndrome..

Smh..

3 Likes

Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by badnature: 7:50am On Jul 24, 2016
cheruv:

Saying the highlight means that despite the fact you're Nigerian, you still don't know Nigeria...if the FG could cut out obigbo and egbema and force them into Rivers just to make sure that old Imo state wasn't tagged oil producing.... I wonder what else you're talking about again undecided
the ignorance that runs in Ada is in must of our people you think the know,the supposed to know but the don't if the talk sometime u think the are just coming back from Macau
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by 400billionman: 7:51am On Jul 24, 2016
I was interested till i got here.

Adaure, how much does a senator earn in a month ? Where will he source N50m from monthly ? Again even if allocations for his constituency projects equals N600m in a year, will he agree to release it all to your vision ?

adaure4ever:

b)50million per month by the 15 senators in South East.
50million x 15= 750million per month
c) 10million per month by the 30
Federal house of reps from South East.
10millionx 30= 300million per month.
----
Re: How To Develop South East Nigeria To An International Standard. by cheruv: 7:55am On Jul 24, 2016
Justdulla:

... Hey dude stop hating mehn, we Northerners built that Airport for you guys cos you guys were screaming Marginalization. The then Military Administrator Built The Airport, you come sit down here dey type thrash, tell me if the Airport was wholly Funded and built by the state why then was it so easy for control to revert to Federal Government. You Blaady IPOB
Sam Onunāka Mbakwe,the first civilian governor of old Imo state was the one who built Imo airport which is presently known as SMICA(Sam Mbakwe international cargo airport).
The airport was built from donations of Igbos from present day Imo, Abia and Ebonyi South senatorial zone as these areas were the old Imo state.
We as Igbos were so proud of that airport to the extent that the first act of the buhari military administration in Jan '84 was to seize control of all airports in Nigeria(smica inclusive)
My grannies contributed for that airport, so don't come give me that northern BS!
And it was bkos buhari was so jealous of Sam mbakwe's achievements in old Imo state that he decided to leave him in prison... Only the coming of IBB freed the gentleman.
Even the milAds you're screaming about were Igbos, so what the trash are you saying sef

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

"They’re Earned" — Buhari Rejects Claims Of Lopsided Appointments / Rented Unknown Bishops: Tinubu Not Qualified To Be President By Bayo Oluwasanmi / Ben Murray-Bruce On Do-Or-Die Elections In Nigeria (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.