Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,021 members, 7,814,490 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant (1312 Views)

Monkeypox: DHQ Breaks Silence On Allegations Against Nigerian Military / Nigerian Military Declares IPOB As A "Militant Terrorist Organisation" / See How Buhari Reacted 2 Allegations He's Using UK Aid 2 Fight His Opponents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by newsrepublique: 6:13pm On Jul 23, 2016
The Department of State Service (DSS) announced today in a press statement that it arrested Jones Abiri alleging that he is a militant. Mr. Abiri is also a known tabloid reporter in Bayelsa State. According to the DSS statement he is the leader of the Joint Revolutionary Council of the Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force, which have separatist inclinations and known ties with criminal gangs. The full statement can be read below:

The Department of State Service (DSS) announced today in a press statement that it arrested Jones Abiri alleging that he is a militant. Mr. Abiri is also a known tabloid reporter in Bayelsa State. According to the DSS statement he is the leader of the Joint Revolutionary Council of the Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force, which have separatist inclinations and known ties with criminal gangs.

The full statement can be read below:

In furtherance to ongoing tactical operations to degrade the capabilities and hide-outs of criminal gangs/ syndicates across the Federation, this Service wish to apprise the general public of recent successful progress recorded so far in the drive.

2. On 21st July, 2016, one Jones ABIRI aka General Akotebe DARIKORO was arrested by this Service in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. DARIKORO is the leader of the Joint Revolutionary Council of the Joint Niger Delta Liberation Force (JNDLF), which has been furthering separatist tendencies in connivance with other criminal gangs in the Niger Delta region. DARIKORO, who operates under the nom-de-guerre “General-Kill and Bury”, has confessed and owned up to some criminal activities committed by the JNDLF, which include:
– The vandalism of Nigeria Agip Oil Company (NAOC) trunk line in Ogboinbiri, Southern Ijaw LGA and bombing of oil pipeline belonging to Shell Development Company (SPDC) at Brass creek on 8th July, 2016, all in Bayelsa State;

– Threat messages to managements of NAOC and SPDC demanding for the payment of the sum of Five Hundred Million Naira (N500m), and Two Hundred and Fifty Million Naira (N250m) respectively;

– Threat to launch missile attacks against selected targets in Abuja including the Presidential Villa, Aso Rock;

– DARIKORO is also the mastermind of the recently circulated hoax of planned overthrow of President Muhammadu BUHARI, GCFR, by the military;

3. Similarly, on 21st July 2016, one Stephen MAMAYEBO aka OSCAR, a suspected militant was arrested at OMPADEC Primary School in Yenagoa, Bayelsa State. MAMAYEBO was arrested in connection with the kidnap of an expatriate staff of Setraco Construction Company and subsequent murder of two (2) soldiers, namely Garba UMAR/Sgt and Bashir KABIRU/Pte, along Ogbia-Nembe road on 5th April, 2016.

4. Furthermore, on 20th July, 2016, at Travelers Mosque, along Kaduna-Zaria Highway in Igabi LGA of Kaduna State, the trio of Ismaila SHUAIBU, Kabiru NASIRU and Inusa ABDULLAHI were arrested during a tactical raid by this Service. The trio were members of a notorious kidnap gang which has been terrorizing innocent citizens along the Abuja-Kaduna highway, and other environs within Kaduna State.

5. On 22nd July, 2016, about 1730 hours, at Total Petrol Station, along Aba road in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, one Chukwunyere Austin OKWAA was apprehended by the Service. OKWAA has been issuing death threats against the former Acting-Managing Director, NDDC, Ibim SEMENITARI (f).

6. In continuation of its fight against terrorism, on 21st July, 2016, this Service apprehended one Bulama Mohammed RAMAT aka Muhammad Bashir MUHAMMADU at Jabi Motor Park, in Utako, Abuja. Prior to his arrest, MUHAMMADU was planning to attack the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and its environs, in collaboration with other elements of an extremist cell of the Boko Haram group.

7. On 22nd June, 2016, a raid on suspected criminals/miscreants hide-outs behind Ado Bayero Quarters at Naibawa area of Kumbotso LGA of Kano State, resulted in the recovery of one (1) AK-47 rifle with twenty-eight (28) rounds of live ammunition. Other items recovered during the operation are one (1) Browning model pistol with two (2) rounds of live ammunition and a P5 pistol with ten (10) live rounds.

8. Also, on 22nd July, 2016, the Service apprehended one Saidu YAHAYA, during the screening of prospective Hajj pilgrims at the Muslim Pilgrims Board in Jos, Plateau State. YAHAYA has been under the radar of the Service as a black-market and illegal gunrunner who has been supplying arms and ammunitions to criminal and ethnic/religious bigots in Plateau, Taraba, Benue and Nassarawa States.

9. In another development, on 19th July, 2016, one Samson Chijioke NZEGWU was arrested at Obuofia village, in Nkanu-West LGA of Enugu State. NZEGWU is the ring-leader of a criminal-syndicate which has been using cloned/forged paraphernalia of the Enugu State Governor, Ifeanyi Lawrence UGWUANYI, to defraud members of the public. During his arrest, the sum of One Million Naira, three (3) laptops, ten (10) different mobile phones, and other incriminating items were recovered from him.

10. On 17th July, 2016, at Idi-Mango Ore area in Odigbo LGA of Ondo State, one Esan Abiodun CHRISTOPHER aka MAIYEGUN was arrested by this Service. CHRISTOPHER is a member of the Reuben AKINBEHINJE-gang which masterminded the kidnap of two (2) Catholic nuns and their driver in Akure, Ondo State. The suspect was apprehended while coordinating plans to hijack fuel-supply tankers in Oyo State. He is currently under detention with five (5) other members of his criminal gang, with whom he had masterminded the hijack of several fuel tankers in Ondo, Oyo, Osun, Kwara and Kogi States respectively.

11. This Service wish to urge all citizens and residents to remain vigilant and report all suspicious persons, parcels or vehicles to the nearest security formation. Members of the public are further enjoined to see our societal and individual safety as our collective responsibility and therefore support security and law enforcement agencies with critical information that would assist in providing a safe environment for all to carry out their legitimate business without let or hindrance.
Posted in Crime, Local News, News Tagged DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He's A Militant....
Read more on:http://www.newsrepublique.com/dss-arrests-jones-abiri-on-allegations-hes-a-militant/

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by HungerBAD: 6:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
Following.

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by Wadeoye(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
No longer an allegation... the criminal has confessed. They should squeeze as much information as possible from him and then execute him summarily.

All NDA militants arrested should be given the same treatment... no need for trial (everybody knows they are guilty).

5 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by DonBobes(m): 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
Yèyé pple.
Nw mayb his cohorts will com out to deny this, cohorts like the ND Avengers!

3 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by idupaul: 7:19pm On Jul 23, 2016
Wadeoye:
No longer an allegation... the criminal has confessed. They should squeeze as much information as possible from him and then execute him summarily.

All NDA militants arrested should be given the same treatment... no need for trial (everybody knows they are guilty).

When will the head of Fulani herdsmen be paraded also
Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by chadwickcollins(m): 7:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
Lie lie
Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by kossyablaze(m): 8:34pm On Jul 23, 2016
Shaking my head
Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by DaBullIT(m): 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
Bwajahahahahaha , Lost tribe people and their stewpydity , They think they are soooo anonymous even here on Nairaland whereas their email they used to link to NL is what we need to locate them

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by bishopkay: 9:43pm On Jul 23, 2016
DaBullIT:
Bwajahahahahaha , Lost tribe people and their stewpydity , They think they are soooo anonymous even here on Nairaland whereas their email they used to link to NL is what we need to locate them

I thought you were intelligent. what would it cost to open a separate email for NL if I want to keep my ID anonymous?

Also, as a precaution, I usually take everything this administration dishes out with a pinch of salt.
We've all seen the draconian and sectional modus operandi and drama surrounding the DSS under this administration.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by dunkem21(m): 10:11pm On Jul 23, 2016
bishopkay:

I thought you were intelligent. what would it cost to open a separate email for NL if I want to keep my ID anonymous?

Also, as a precaution, I usually take everything this administration dishes out with a pinch of salt.
We've all seen the draconian and sectional modus operandi and drama surrounding the DSS under this administration.

Honestly, they think we are dumb..

If you choose to remain anonymous, it's a simple matter but we choose to remove our masks and leave traces so that the leaders can call us to serve.

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by dunkem21(m): 10:14pm On Jul 23, 2016
DaBullIT:

The dumbest comment on NL..

We have known all these things even before 'soe' deactivated..
Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by DaBullIT(m): 10:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
dunkem21:

The dumbest comment on NL..

We have known all these things even before 'soe' deactivated..

You don't want to shade me bruh

Not good for your well being and that said , even if you just leave digital footprints so your leaders can call you to serve , the same footprints can be used to track you and i am quite sure when you created your profile in 2006 , you weren't as paranoid , You probably just left secondary school or something . so maybe you should take the award of the dumbest on NL

2 Likes

Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by DaBullIT(m): 10:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
Says the guy sold phones in 2015 , needs navy blue materials earlier ?

I bet you weren't thinking of your security in 2010 when you created your profile so intelligent or not , I am sure you weren't keeping your ID anonymous when you were creating your profile and splashing your advert over NL with your private info when all phone numbers need to be registered is a grave mistake , If someone needed to catch someone , all it takes is a warrant to reveal your registration info with your network provider

Ni e ba e Lowo kan , Just like that ! So before you form security boss , think of the number of data you have left online

bishopkay:

Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by dunkem21(m): 7:10am On Jul 24, 2016
DaBullIT:

You don't want to shade me bruh

Not good for your well being and that said , even if you just leave digital footprints so your leaders can call you to serve , the same footprints can be used to track you and i am quite sure when you created your profile in 2006 , you weren't as paranoid , You probably just left secondary school or something . so maybe you should take the award of the dumbest on NL

Am not shading you bro..

There is really no need to track anybody because of comments on NL..

If DaBullIT can hide his identity, everyone can do that..

The more anonymous one becomes, the more rugged their posts become.. the more insults they dish out.

From 2006 till now, I have kept a clean record because I know I can be tracked to my bedroom but I sleep with both eyes closed because the conscience is clear.

I have done deals, met and snapped with some NLers here because the conscience is clear.

Happy Sunday!

1 Like

Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by bishopkay: 6:40pm On Jul 24, 2016
DaBullIT:
Says the guy sold phones in 2015 , needs navy blue materials earlier ?

I bet you weren't thinking of your security in 2010 when you created your profile so intelligent or not , I am sure you weren't keeping your ID anonymous when you were creating your profile and splashing your advert over NL with your private info when all phone numbers need to be registered is a grave mistake , If someone needed to catch someone , all it takes is a warrant to reveal your registration info with your network provider

Ni e ba e Lowo kan , Just like that ! So before you form security boss , think of the number of data you have left online

Bro I feel say u sharp pass so na. gringrin I can decide to open another NL account with a dedicated email just for propaganda or fraudulent purposes. This NL account is what I use for business and other things. Do u know if I have numerous others for clandestine purposes? Think am!
Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by bishopkay: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
dunkem21:

Honestly, they think we are dumb..

If you choose to remain anonymous, it's a simple matter but we choose to remove our masks and leave traces so that the leaders can call us to serve.
Bro forget that guy. d guy reminds me of Jehovah's witnesses. Never wrong gringringrin
Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by DaBullIT(m): 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
bishopkay:

Bro I feel say u sharp pass so na. gringrin I can decide to open another NL account with a dedicated email just for propaganda or fraudulent purposes. This NL account is what I use for business and other things. Do u know if I have numerous others for clandestine purposes? Think am!

There's always an algorithm to find multiple accounts, if you change email, create fake account, you can't change your mind or your nature

Besides this your profile you'll. Cherish so you are not safe
Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by babyfaceafrica: 7:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
It is well
Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by bishopkay: 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
DaBullIT:

There's always an algorithm to find multiple accounts, if you change email, create fake account, you can't change your mind or your nature

Besides this your profile you'll. Cherish so you are not safe
Mr algorithm to check multiple accounts gringrin Hahahahaha you want to trace ip address or what? IPs change according to location and device man. You think you are speaking with an illiterate or what bro? My man let's just stop this back and forth quotes but know that some one who wants to be off the grid anonymous, can be. let's face the topic now ...#peace
Re: DSS Arrests Jones Abiri On Allegations He’s A Militant by DaBullIT(m): 10:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
You are not getting my point Mr Anonymous , My point is you can talk about IP and anonymity now , but if you were going to be traced , nobody will use NOW , I'd Use your past , when you were still a novice , and that's how i found out you sold phones in the past among other things

Now is not always the problem, it is the past ... now if you want peace i don't want to keep trying to prove anything either so peace
bishopkay:

Mr algorithm to check multiple accounts gringrin Hahahahaha you want to trace ip address or what? IPs change according to location and device man. You think you are speaking with an illiterate or what bro? My man let's just stop this back and forth quotes but know that some one who wants to be off the grid anonymous, can be. let's face the topic now ...#peace

(1) (Reply)

MEND Tells FG To Ignore Edwin Clark, Governor Okowa / Supreme Court Strikes Out Jimoh's Appeal,Orders Appeal Court 2 Go On Wit Hearing / Southeast Political Caucus Free Kanu To Unite Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.