Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? (5531 Views)

When Your Hobby Is Kissing And Pressing / Will My Sister Get Another Man With Very High Sperm Count If She Leaves Her BF? / Is It Appropriate For A Lady To Show Her Body Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by queencalipso(f): 7:30pm On Jul 23, 2016
I realised that most Nigerian women answer their hobby/bf sir when called. To me I believe its not appropriate because sir is meant to be an official word, so I feel irritated when ever I hear a lady answering sir to her man. Just this morning I heard my neighbour answered the same thing, and I wondered if its just me or there are people that share same thought.

Whatever happened to; yes darling, yes honey, sweet heart etc. cool

Just wondering why people use an official response as "sir" in intimate r/ship angry. Not romantic to me.

Romancelanders what do you think?

4 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by falconey(m): 7:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
cool

no comment
Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by Lisaflex(f): 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
I do not like it 1 bit...I guess it has a lot 2 do wt d type of relationship they hv,maybe smtn 2 do wt dem not being friends

3 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by DRISKLEF(m): 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
It's actually the meaning you read to it.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by anita486: 7:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
Some People take the word ''sir'' as a show of respect. However, its not wrong, it depend on your interpretation

3 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by Sunnymatey(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2016
Ladies call their man according to their mood. If she calls u a sir when she's happy, when she's moody expect anything.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:42pm On Jul 23, 2016
You don't have to call me "Sir", but u can call me "Daddy!!" angry

Who's your Daddy

5 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by hertz9te(m): 7:46pm On Jul 23, 2016
my ex used to answer me like dat.....RESPECT

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by JustHere2Observ(f): 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2016
The way you answer your significant other when he calls does not show the true picture of the relationship. You can answer sir and still be intimate and happy and you can answer darling and still be like cat and mouse.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by queencalipso(f): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:
You don't have to call me "Sir", but u can call me "Daddy!!" angry

Who's your Daddy

This too sound odd and annoying to me.

Just call me; honey, sweet heart, darling, any cute, sweet and romantic pet name abeg!!! Not something official nor the one for parenting angry

3 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by halfricanadian(f): 7:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
tongue tongue just for teasing sake

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by Daniel2289(m): 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
I see it as a 50/50 tin.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by queencalipso(f): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
hertz9te:
my ex used to answer me like dat.....RESPECT

If I answer you sir, then your either my dad, elder bro, uncle, an elder or a boss.

For me, I won't feel the romantic connection answering my boo/hobby sir.

Once I put sir for you, just forget anything r/ship

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 7:55pm On Jul 23, 2016
queencalipso:

This too sound odd and annoying to me.

Just call me; honey, sweet heart, darling, any cute, sweet and romantic pet name abeg!!! Not something official nor the one for parenting angry

OK! I'll call u sweetheart and u call me daddy, yes

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by queencalipso(f): 7:57pm On Jul 23, 2016
halfricanadian:
tongue tongue just for teasing sake

Yea girl, unless am teasing/playing with him.

Seems we both share a lot of things in common when it comes to r/ship. wink
Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by halfricanadian(f): 7:58pm On Jul 23, 2016
queencalipso:

Yea girl, unless am teasing/playing with him.

Seems we both share a lot of things in common when it comes to r/ship. wink

Awwww thats lovely cheesy cheesy
Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by queencalipso(f): 8:00pm On Jul 23, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

OK! I'll call u sweetheart and u call me daddy, yes

Nope!! Call me sweet heart and I will reply with yes honey/ love which ever comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by Julietcutie(f): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2016
I do wen i want to make his head swell

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2016
queencalipso:

Nope!! Call me sweet heart and I will reply with yes honey/ love which ever comes to mind.

There has to be compromise in every relationship undecided

U can't have it all ur way angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by queencalipso(f): 8:09pm On Jul 23, 2016
EnigmaticEnigma:

There has to be compromise in every relationship undecided

U can't have it all ur way angry

Well the thing is that am very good at shortening names. Am sure yes dad will do. How about that tongue

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by Talkloaded: 8:12pm On Jul 23, 2016
Julietcutie:
I do wen i want to make his head swell

Hope his not reading this
Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by Julietcutie(f): 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2016
Lol Nah he is not ...he is not on nl and not thinking of joining either
post=47824247:

Hope his not reading this
Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by Talkloaded: 8:17pm On Jul 23, 2016
Julietcutie:
Lol Nah he is not ...he is not on nl and not thinking of joining either

Nice cheesy
Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by santos247(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2016
instead of you to ask God to give you ur own husband and the wisdom plus grace to enjoy your home, you are crtitiquing somebody's choice of response to her husband. some people sha.

Go to places like sweden where feminism forst tool root and compare to more conservative cultures like ...the marriage satisfaction index among women does not correlate at all.
even Sarah called Abraham her husband "Lord"...that may speak to you if you are a christian.

what you need is healthy relationships not what you calle each other !!!

5 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by jashar(f): 8:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
grineven when I was teasing, I was warned never to call him that again. grin. E pain am. cheesy

It all depends on the dynamics of the relationship. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by EnigmaticEnigma(m): 8:41pm On Jul 23, 2016
queencalipso:

Well the thing is that am very good at shortening names. Am sure yes dad will do. How about that tongue

hehehe cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by queencalipso(f): 8:54pm On Jul 23, 2016
santos247:
instead of you to ask God to give you ur own husband and the wisdom plus grace to enjoy your home, you are crtitiquing somebody's choice of response to her husband. some people sha.

Go to places like sweden where feminism forst tool root and compare to more conservative cultures like ...the marriage satisfaction index among women does not correlate at all.
even Sarah called Abraham her husband "Lord"...that may speak to you if you are a christian.

what you need is healthy relationships not what you calle each other !!!

Is it that you lack comprehension skill or you just want to spew thrash?? Where in the post did you see criticism? I stated how I feel about it and ask people to give their views and you typing nonsense.

What works for you doesn't work for me, how's that a criticism? Respect peoples view even if you don't agree with them and stop using polite insults to get your choice across.

Who ever tells you that sir= healthy r/ship angry

BTW keep your comparison to your self. To each their own.

1 Like

Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 23, 2016
It's just like answering your woman "ma" when she calls you. I 've observed some ladies find it romantic. Even when being called "madam" by their guy.

So you see "Different strokes for different folks."
Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by schumastic(m): 9:10pm On Jul 23, 2016
queencalipso:
I realised that most Nigerian women answer their hobby/bf sir when called. To me I believe its not appropriate because sir is meant to be an official word, so I feel irritated when ever I hear a lady answering sir to her man. Just this morning I heard my neighbour answered the same thing, and I wondered if its just me or there are people that share same thought.

Whatever happened to; yes darling, yes honey, sweet heart etc. cool

Just wondering why people use an official response as "sir" in intimate r/ship angry. Not romantic to me.

Romancelanders what do you think?

go and get your own bf or hubby so you can call him what you feel like
Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by hertz9te(m): 9:21pm On Jul 23, 2016
queencalipso:

If I answer you sir, then your either my dad, elder bro, uncle, an elder or a boss.

For me, I won't feel the romantic connection answering my boo/hobby sir.

Once I put sir for you, just forget anything r/ship
so what dyu answer ur bf?i'd like to know
Re: Is It Appropriate To Answer Your Hobby/bf Sir? by queencalipso(f): 9:36pm On Jul 23, 2016
hertz9te:
so what dyu answer ur bf?i'd like to know

Any of the afore mentioned in my post. I really don't have a specific one, just which ever comes to mind. But not daddy/sir.

(1) (2) (Reply)

.... (Picture included) / Its A Punishable Offence If You Send Cash To A Lady & She Doesn't Show Up / Is It Love Or Just Sex ? Why Do So Many Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.