Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Travelling From Benue To Lagos By Train - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling From Benue To Lagos By Train (1707 Views)

Benson Uchenna Nwughala Nigerian In Italy Killed By Train While Wearing Earpiece / Beautiful Shades Of Lagos By Ambode Pictured By Kola Onifoto, A Naval Officer / Amaechi Travels By Train From Abuja To Kaduna International Airport (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travelling From Benue To Lagos By Train by Femmyfamous4u(m): 7:23am On Jul 24, 2016
hey people, i am currently a corp member serving in taraba and would be spending the summer break in lagos. i had always wanted to experience the train ride and right now,i feel it's time i gave it a shot. since there is no rail track in taraba, the closest train station is 6 hours journey away and that is otukpo,benue. i really want to know the cost of a first class ticket, the duration of the journey and the days i get the trains. kind share if you live around the train station at otukpo or you have pieces of information that can be of help. your comments will be well appreciated.
Re: Travelling From Benue To Lagos By Train by mu2sa2: 7:48am On Jul 24, 2016
There's nothing exciting about train ride in nigeria. If you are unlucky the train may be late for a whole day or even longer! I dont think it makes any sense to travel 6 hours by road, disembark and then wait for the train, which are unreliable. But if you really want to know what a train ride feels like, I would advice you take the train to ibadan when you are in Lagos. It is a short ride and in case of a breakdown you can easily find your way back to base.
Re: Travelling From Benue To Lagos By Train by Funjosh(m): 8:28am On Jul 24, 2016
You cant get a train from Benue to Lagos. But if you really wish to travelled byvtrain to Lagos, the best shot is to take a bus to minna then board the train from minna to Lagos
Re: Travelling From Benue To Lagos By Train by Femmyfamous4u(m): 12:44pm On Jul 24, 2016
mu2sa2:
There's nothing exciting about train ride in nigeria. If you are unlucky the train may be late for a whole day or even longer! I dont think it makes any sense to travel 6 hours by road, disembark and then wait for the train, which are unreliable. But if you really want to know what a train ride feels like, I would advice you take the train to ibadan when you are in Lagos. It is a short ride and in case of a breakdown you can easily find your way back to base.
thanks for your advice, i have my fears too about the delays and all that but i just want to experience it.
Re: Travelling From Benue To Lagos By Train by Femmyfamous4u(m): 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2016
Funjosh:
You cant get a train from Benue to Lagos. But if you really wish to travelled byvtrain to Lagos, the best shot is to take a bus to minna then board the train from minna to Lagos
benue is the closest state to taraba going to the south. niger should be about 11~12 hours journey away from taraba
Re: Travelling From Benue To Lagos By Train by Funjosh(m): 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
Femmyfamous4u:
benue is the closest state to taraba going to the south. niger should be about 11~12 hours journey away from taraba

If its just to experience train better u just go toabuja and take to Kaduna. But if u really want to take it to Lagos as u have said, then minna is your best shot from the north.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Lagosians Help Me With Directions To VI / Info About Kenya Visa Needed Please / Cost Of T-fare For Ilorin Bus To Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.