Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:06 AM

HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment (72892 Views)

FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders / BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education / Hnd/bsc Dichotomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
bluflame:
dose this mean that after hnd we proceed to masters instead of passing through pgd?

The laziness of todays youths is very alarming, i am very sure if you read the thread with understanding u will not make such question
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by afanide: 5:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
Nice one.......
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by tosyne2much(m): 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
Kabir2Mohammad:

The laziness of todays youths is very alarming, i am very sure if you read the thread with understanding u will not make such question
Roflwkmd cheesy cheesy
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by ikemesit4477: 5:21pm On Aug 01, 2016
rattlesnake:
Can you dictenomy knowledge? nonsense low self esteem!!!!.....i pity HND holders
Go hug transformer for all I care!
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by faorex(m): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
well my first post to enter front page...like after 2 weeks ...lesson .never lost hope
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by EreluY(f): 5:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
Gwazah:

Why quote only UK? If its so in UK, Nigeria is the other way around. Quote Nigeria next time pls.

If your destiny is forever bound up with Nigeria be that as it may. I know, for sure, that in Nigerian universities, if you do not have BA/BSc, you cannot be appointed a lecturer--even if you hold postgraduate degrees (MA/MSc, MBA, etc.) following the acquisition of an HND.

If, however, you or your children/offsprings, etc., would one day find yourself in the UK, Canada, Australia, or other saner climes and jurisdictions where things are done properly by people who have clues and not fraudsters governing Nigeria, then you need to be looking at the bigger, global picture and stop being myopic. You exemplify the old adage which states: "No one ever see beyond their horizon."
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
queencalipso:
Op just provide credible source for this news, that's all I want.

To all of us!! Let it be known that your certificate is just a plain paper if you have nothing upstairs to offer. Your ability to deliver is what matters to the outside world not your paper. If you lack critical thinking and intelligence , then your certificate is as good as nothing to me.

If God willing I become an employer of labour today, I will care less about your A4 paper, my analysis of you will be based on your intelligence and your ability to work even under pressure and deliver, your ability to accept any form of challenge and provide a means to deliver, to create your own ideas outside the instructions you are given and achieve a better results. That's all I will care about and I think that is what employers of labour now should be looking out for in candidates. Not your empty cert. The important thing is the education you acquired which is more than enough to build on your intelligence.

you are too local for not knowing the credibility of ''tribune'' in the world of news publishing
http://tribuneonlineng.com/national-council-establishment-resolves-universitypolytechnic-dichotomy/
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Solomyn(m): 5:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
Even if the dichotomy is removed i still believe the discrimmination will still go on secretly. I had experiences and is not a good one. My plan is to go for my pgd. I also pray the private enterprises will follow up.
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Manamax(m): 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
This issue has been on existence long ago hence many parents don't encourage their children for polytechnic education.. Hnd and Bsc can't be the same owing to the fact that they have different curriculum and learning process..Two programme which are run under different platforms can never be thesame. Let me take GST courses as an instance. Polytechnic students don't study Entrepreneurial Studies and Use of French as part of their GST courses while their counterparts in the university study those courses..The recommendation l will make is that let Federal Govt convert all existing Polytechnics into Universities thereby adopting the university system of education. ln such case there won't be any polytechnic awarding OND or HND... Contrary to the proposed City Universities wherein OND will still be awarded.. Let me end on this note.. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this vital issue..
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by jojothaiv(m): 5:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
rattlesnake:
Can you dictenomy knowledge? nonsense low self esteem!!!!.....i pity HND holders
Oga, there are B.Sc holders with low self esteem out there.....

What i see in your statement is just much ado about nothing.....
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by jojothaiv(m): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
Gwazah:

Why quote only UK? If its so in UK, Nigeria is the other way around. Quote Nigeria next time pls.
You for ask, if na UK pesin he be?
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by jojothaiv(m): 5:47pm On Aug 01, 2016
Chimarto:
This won't stop my Direct Entry application.
i like you jare...
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by fuckboy1831: 5:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
Manamax:
This issue has been on existence long ago hence my many parents doesn't encourage their children for polytechnic education.. Hnd and Bsc can't be the same owing to the fact that they have different curriculum and learning process..Two programme which is run under different platforms can never be thesame. Let me take GST courses as an instance. Polytechnic students doesn't study Entrepreneurial Studies and Use of French as part of their GST courses while their counterparts in the university study those courses..The recommendation l will make is that let Federal Govt convert all existing Polytechnics into Universities thereby adopting the university system of education. ln such case there won't be any polytechnic awarding OND or HND... Contrary to the proposed City Universities wherein OND will still be awarded.. Let me end on this note.. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this vital issue..
sorry ..are u a polytechnic or university student?
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Manamax(m): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
fuckboy1831:
sorry ..are u a polytechnic or university student?

l'm a graduate..
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by tosyne2much(m): 6:03pm On Aug 01, 2016
faorex:
well my first post to enter front page...like after 2 weeks ...lesson .never lost hope
You're lucky oooo.. My own thread never enter FP b4 cool
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by uchwar1: 6:07pm On Aug 01, 2016
Vick4rill:
i dont know why polytechnic student too dey vex, anytime they say university is better than them?? take it or leave it.in this country university certificate is more valuable than polytechnics, if u dnt like it go hug transformer!!
grammar!
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by faorex(m): 6:14pm On Aug 01, 2016
tosyne2much:
You're lucky oooo.. My own thread never enter FP b4 cool
papa why are you lying
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by kabanayol9(m): 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
faorex:
Breaking News: HND/BSc Dichotomy Removed.

At last, it is with excitement, capital joy amidst jubilation and celebration of over 20 years struggle of Nigerian Polytechnic students and graduates including the staff unions and heads of Polytechnic in Nigeria.

I am pleased to announce to the public that the COUNCIL OF ESTABLISHMENT which comprises of all the head of service of the 36 States of the Federation and the head of service of the Federation approved the removal of this long overdue dichotomy which hinder the career progression of HND holders in civil service in her meeting held in Minna Niger state capital during the week after an exhaustive deliberation, pro and anti deposition which ended with tie vote of 16 against 16 while the head of service of the Federation voted in support as presiding officer after the tie, to earn the Polytechnic sector the victory.

Making the vote 17 pro against 16 anti. Henceforth, This resolution automatically lift embargo on HND holder career progression in civil service as the holder can now rise beyond Deputy Director in civil service as well enjoy all sort of benefits/promotion to the topmost rank due to BSc holders in civil service.

It is on record that this same Council was the sole obstacle for this struggle since year 2005 when President Olusegun Obasanjo pronounced the removal of this dichotomy, the Council called the then president statement a mere pronouncement with out documentation and refused it adoption nor implementation.

It will be recalled that the last meeting of the council which was held at Ilorin kwara state capital witness heavy presence of Nigeria Polytechnic students which I personally led as the National Senate President of NAPS to the council in protest for the need for the council to reconsider her position on the said matter.

A position paper was submitted after the protest as demanded by the then head of service of Federation who was the chairman of the Council, unfortunately, the matter was completely discussed nor concluded at Ilorin until now in her next meeting in Niger state.

The Council often meets every 3 years, On behalf of the entire West Africa Polytechnic students and most especially the Nigeria Polytechnic students, I express sincere gratitude to the head of service of states and that of the Federation who stood for us and with us, the Federal Ministry of Education, the National Board for Technical Education NTBE, Council of Head of Polytechnic and Colleges of Technology COHEADS, Academic Staff Union of Polytechnic ASUP, past and present leadership of National Association Of Polytechnic Students NAPS and by extension the Nigerians Union of journalist for their support all through the struggle.

We look forward for immediate implementation by all state of the Federation, Federal government agencies and departments while I call on all Polytechnic student to join us as we Commence appreciation/celebration.

Aluta continua, Victoria Ascerta,
No retreat no surrender,
As long as we live, struggle continues. #OluwaLoniGlory#

http://tribuneonlineng.com/national-council-establishment-resolves-universitypolytechnic-dichotomy/
Fada fada eh, we just want to say oh thank you Jeovah.
The discrimination no be here, thank God they have clear their doubt, idikee Chineke.
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Omoabugan: 6:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
ak47yong:

See what am saying how can we be the same (sent nt send)
grin grin grin grin
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by ade3164(m): 6:53pm On Aug 01, 2016
if that is true, if you hold bsc and you feel bad about these news please go and die, because before you does guys you claimed you are better Dan we takeover. everyday for the thief one they for the owner. let try and don't feel inferior about truth. you spent the same years in school same struggle, some useless university students will still hold third class and still be raising shoulder with HND distinction. I guess it time we call a one the beginning of numbers.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Vick4rill(m): 7:40pm On Aug 01, 2016
imrany20:

You are an Educated Illiterate.
who is this retarded fool.. quoting me? is university nt far valueble than poly? so am now an illitrate for acknowledging the bitter truth?. u are a bigger fool for refusing to accept the facts u knw are true. it will interest u to knw that i too graduated frm polytechnic, bt i ve learn to be vry sincere with myself. the biggest fool on earth is not the one who is been lie to, but the one who decided to lie to himself. my facts are: 90% of student who applied to polytechnic, are students who couldnt get admission to the university.and as far as Nigeria is concern, as far as university will always be the first choice on jamb brochure... it will be almost impossible to merge them 2geda. even in my place work i still ve to upgrade my slf to a degree b4 i get to were i am nw.. y dnt u go and upgrade ur self instead of trying to cover the flaws.
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by rattlesnake(m): 7:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
Aroh48:
Pity yourself idiot,you can't even spell dichotomy and yet you pity HND holders.From your post,I see you as an half baked graduate.You a disgrace to degree holders.Fool
rage low self esteem
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by goldfish80(m): 8:19pm On Aug 01, 2016
Manamax:
This issue has been on existence long ago hence many parents doesn't encourage their children for polytechnic education.. Hnd and Bsc can't be the same owing to the fact that they have different curriculum and learning process..Two programme which are run under different platforms can never be thesame. Let me take GST courses as an instance. Polytechnic students doesn't study Entrepreneurial Studies and Use of French as part of their GST courses while their counterparts in the university study those courses..The recommendation l will make is that let Federal Govt convert all existing Polytechnics into Universities thereby adopting the university system of education. ln such case there won't be any polytechnic awarding OND or HND... Contrary to the proposed City Universities wherein OND will still be awarded.. Let me end on this note.. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this vital issue..

Seriously? They don't teach general studies and entrepreneurship at the polytechs? Can you really defend this? Which polytechnic did you go through their curriculum to arrive at this conclusion? OK!

1 Like

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by fuckboy1831: 8:23pm On Aug 01, 2016
Manamax:

l'm a graduate..
graduate of a uni or poly . Jus feel u shud knw d difference btw d usage of 'DO' n 'DOES'
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by fuckboy1831: 8:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
Manamax:

l'm a graduate..
graduate of a uni or poly . Jus feel u shud knw d difference btw d usage of 'DO' n 'DOES'
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by mogboyelade(f): 8:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Manamax:
This issue has been on existence long ago hence many parents doesn't encourage their children for polytechnic education.. Hnd and Bsc can't be the same owing to the fact that they have different curriculum and learning process..Two programme which are run under different platforms can never be thesame. Let me take GST courses as an instance. Polytechnic students doesn't study Entrepreneurial Studies and Use of French as part of their GST courses while their counterparts in the university study those courses..The recommendation l will make is that let Federal Govt convert all existing Polytechnics into Universities thereby adopting the university system of education. ln such case there won't be any polytechnic awarding OND or HND... Contrary to the proposed City Universities wherein OND will still be awarded.. Let me end on this note.. Thanks to everyone that has contributed to this vital issue..
entrepreneurship is a 1unit course in polytechnic and it is a core course sir.

1 Like

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Solomyn(m): 8:41pm On Aug 01, 2016
See arguement. Uni and poly platform are different. Other countries like canada college skool most are wat we have as poly here. Poly or uni... What is ur own stack? U that is uni graduate can u boost of urslf vice versa.
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by bluflame: 9:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
Kabir2Mohammad:

are u ok
by the time this thread was initially created the modifications for the answer to my question wasn't done.
so how can u make such comment?
check when the thread was created and check when I made that post u'll see its not the same as the day you made that comment.
leme leave u here.
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Gwazah(m): 9:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
EreluY:

If your destiny is forever bound up with Nigeria be that as it may. I know, for sure, that in Nigerian universities, if you do not have BA/BSc, you cannot be appointed a lecturer--even if you hold postgraduate degrees (MA/MSc, MBA, etc.) following the acquisition of an HND.

If, however, you or your children/offsprings, etc., would one day find yourself in the UK, Canada, Australia, or other saner climes and jurisdictions where things are done properly by people who have clues and not fraudsters governing Nigeria, then you need to be looking at the bigger, global picture and stop being myopic. You exemplify the old adage which states: "No one ever see beyond their horizon."
U hav explained how myopic I am, yet u still show how shallow ur brain is, citing example with lecturing, is lecturing a lucrative job? Most of HND graduate owns universities, unlike BSC, in essence destiny is destiny, if u like take ur children to Heavenly university to obtain bsc in human and universe creation, they are going to be what they can be. What's ur prb on government policy? Let UK ,USA, Canada and rest be, we are Nigerians our game our rules.

1 Like

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by bluflame: 9:27pm On Aug 01, 2016
Manamax:
I wanted ignoring u but the urge to reply u was too strong!
which poly did u say dosent have entrepreneurial studies on its curriculum again
Pls pls pls don't start typing what u know nothing of!.
leme let it rest at this pls.
make your findings before blabbering

2 Likes

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by seanwilliam(m): 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
ak47yong:

it's nt 'see what am saying' it's see what i am or i'm saying'

1 Like

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by justmi1: 10:04pm On Aug 01, 2016
ak47yong:

it's " see what I am saying" not " what am saying', Mr over sabi, don't judge a polytechnic graduate based on his grammar, not like yours is better. I am a polytechnic graduate, I never wanted to be one, but trust me in this country you don't always get what you want. I am a polytechnic graduate and I make bold to say I can give my university counterpart a run for his Bsc, anyday, anytime t(s). Don't discriminate, I rep yabatech.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate / Meet The State That Have 15 University In Nigeria / School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.