Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:52 PM

HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment (72946 Views)

FG Ends Bsc And HND Dichotomy, Approves Equal Salaries For HND & Degree Holders / BSc/HND Dichotomy Has Been Removed - Adamu, Minister Of Education / Hnd/bsc Dichotomy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by elbulk(m): 10:05pm On Aug 01, 2016
EreluY:
Call it what you like, HND in the rest of the world is not at par with a Bachelor's degree. In the UK, if you hold an HND, you need to complete a further 120 units to earn a BA/Bsc Honours degree. Stop being deceived or else the reality will dawn on you much later in life.

That is because it takes 1 years to a get a HND as it is equivalent to the 2nd year in uni and 1 year for a diploma before that. To get a bsc you
Have to spend 3 years.
In america you have either 2 yr or 4 yr colleges and it takes about 4/5 years to get a HND so you can do your masters directly in those countries with a Nigerian HND
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by elbulk(m): 10:08pm On Aug 01, 2016
EreluY:

If your destiny is forever bound up with Nigeria be that as it may. I know, for sure, that in Nigerian universities, if you do not have BA/BSc, you cannot be appointed a lecturer--even if you hold postgraduate degrees (MA/MSc, MBA, etc.) following the acquisition of an HND.

If, however, you or your children/offsprings, etc., would one day find yourself in the UK, Canada, Australia, or other saner climes and jurisdictions where things are done properly by people who have clues and not fraudsters governing Nigeria, then you need to be looking at the bigger, global picture and stop being myopic. You exemplify the old adage which states: "No one ever see beyond their horizon."
There are lecturers with HND in uni who have their PHDs, I know of one who was a dean of a faculty in a Federal Uni, stop assuming
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Manamax(m): 10:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
fuckboy1831:
graduate of a uni or poly . Jus feel u shud knw d difference btw d usage of 'DO' n 'DOES'

Noted!!!
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by MikeB3(m): 10:13pm On Aug 01, 2016
rattlesnake:
Can you dictenomy knowledge? nonsense low self esteem!!!!.....i pity HND holders

Knowledge as how bro? If you don't have something tangible to type, why don't you scroll pass?! Nonsensical set of people!
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Manamax(m): 10:14pm On Aug 01, 2016
mogboyelade:
entrepreneurship is a 1unit course in polytechnic and it is a core course sir.

How many of your core course is 1unit?
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by queencalipso(f): 10:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
SleemBadGuy:

Impressive shot!..I dnt mind marrying a ladyz whoz got ur kinda mental config...Hope ure single?

Hmm!! cheesy am blushing!! You are making my head swell. ** whispers in silence,... Yes am single wink wanna put a ring on it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by queencalipso(f): 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2016
Kabir2Mohammad:

you are too local for not knowing the credibility of ''tribune'' in the world of news publishing
http://tribuneonlineng.com/national-council-establishment-resolves-universitypolytechnic-dichotomy/

Honey I asked for a source, not an insult sad

Thanks anyway
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 10:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
queencalipso:

Honey I asked for a source, not an insult sad

Thanks anyway

how can u see it while u just skip to comment without taking a look at the thread
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by mondee02(m): 11:00pm On Aug 01, 2016
cubicstudeos:
This is rubbish

Please my dear poly student stop deceiving your self

Abeg no be poly Wey dem dey use 160 enter.
Abeg cut that crap
160? It means you are not current, visit jamb website and check the recent cut off mark you will 180 for uni,poly and college.
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Yabsun(m): 11:11pm On Aug 01, 2016
[quote author=sagaciousblog post=47847442]you can't even spell 'dichotomy' yet you pity polytechnic students.. I beseech you to pity yourself bro.[I 1da o]
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Larry2003: 11:30pm On Aug 01, 2016
Y can't we just concentrate on being self employed instead of this argument that won't change anything here
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Bhehkey(f): 11:46pm On Aug 01, 2016
justmi1:
it's " see what I am saying" not " what am saying', Mr over sabi, don't judge a polytechnic graduate based on his grammar, not like yours is better. I am a polytechnic graduate, I never wanted to be one, but trust me in this country you don't always get what you want. I am a polytechnic graduate and I make bold to say I can give my university counterpart a run for his Bsc, anyday, anytime t(s). Don't discriminate, I rep yabatech.
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Bluffly: 12:29am On Aug 02, 2016
Anyone that takes this news serious is dumb. I kept wondering how on earth HND will become equal to BSc. It is not practiced anywhere in the world. HND is HND and University Degree is University Degree.

What the government needs to do is to just reduce HND course from two years to One Year.

1 Like

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by EreluY(f): 5:24am On Aug 02, 2016
elbulk:

There are lecturers with HND in uni who have their PHDs, I know of one who was a dean of a faculty in a Federal Uni, stop assuming

Statutes establishing Nigerian universities prescribe that candidates appointed as lectures must hold bachelors, followed by higher degrees. You'll never come across adverts for university lectureships which do not follow this prescription. That said, nothing surprises any keen followers of events in Nigeria where its incumbent president cannot produce original or copies of his WASC/GCE results. Neither is the awarding exams board able to show any evidence that Mr Buhari, in deed, passed his WASC/GCE examinations. Has he one? Categorically no. The Dean of Faculty at a Federal University to which you refer may not even hold a verifiable PhD. Conversely, s/he may have gained a BA/BSc on top of his HND following which s/he gained higher degrees (masters and doctorate) which qualified him to take up university lectureship and deanship. In any case, NIGERIA IS A ROGUE, FAILED STATE.
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by EreluY(f): 5:35am On Aug 02, 2016
elbulk:

That is because it takes 1 years to a get a HND as it is equivalent to the 2nd year in uni and 1 year for a diploma before that. To get a bsc you
Have to spend 3 years.
In america you have either 2 yr or 4 yr colleges and it takes about 4/5 years to get a HND so you can do your masters directly in those countries with a Nigerian HND

[b]You most probably hold an HND or on course to get one. Hence, you're hell bent on the equivalency of HND with Bachelors degree. There are all sorts of universities in the USA. Have you heard of mushroom american universities, operating from residential condos and apartment blocks? Because HNDs are not offered in the USA, the Fulbright Commission specifically had to put together information for UK students with HNDs aspiring to study in the US. It states: "The slightly less competitive bachelor's programmes are likely to accept the BTEC. The Edexcel website provides a list of some universities who accept the BTEC. Many more do, and we encourage you to simply email or call the admissions office for more information. Additionally, some institutions, particularly two-year or community colleges, will accept students with other UK qualifications, such as GNVQs, GSVQs, HNCs or HNDs." SOURCE: http://www.fulbright.org.uk/study-in-the-usa/undergraduate-study/applying/admissions-criteria

I still maintain: stop being deceived and don't indulge in self-delusion.
[/b]
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Mustack: 5:45am On Aug 02, 2016
the level of this discrimination is something else...
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by EreluY(f): 6:04am On Aug 02, 2016
Gwazah:

U hav explained how myopic I am, yet u still show how shallow ur brain is, citing example with lecturing, is lecturing a lucrative job? Most of HND graduate owns universities, unlike BSC, in essence destiny is destiny, if u like take ur children to Heavenly university to obtain bsc in human and universe creation, they are going to be what they can be. What's ur prb on government policy? Let UK ,USA, Canada and rest be, we are Nigerians our game our rules.

[b]
Dindinrin; Oponu!

You can't even express yourself adequately. Your written English is atrociously poor. One wonders how your oral English would sound like. I bet you're a certificated yet uneducated fellow like many Nigerians are. Worst still, an HND holder! Perhaps?

Secondly, in a globalised, postmodern world qualification portability has become a BIG DEAL. For example, through the Bologna Process, qualifications across EU countries have become harmonised, engendering labour mobility. Hence, I am talking about the internationalisation of Nigerian qualifications (which I've written about on this site with reference to the HND/BA,BSc dichotomy). Conversely, and regrettably, you're yapping about localised accreditation. Will the University of Ghana, Legon, accept Nigerian HND holders to enrol on its prestigious MA/MSc degrees? Categorical no? You'll have to head for India where their MA/Msc equates with UK, US & Canadian BA/BSc. I repeat, if you see yourself and your offsprings beginning and ending it all in Nigeria, then keep deluding yourself that HND equates with BA/BSc. Otherwise, the Nigerian government needs to reinvent the polytechnic sector and the qualifications awarded by these institutions (e.g. BTech (Honours) rather than HNDs).

Is lecturing a lucrative job? Yes, if you are not living in a stone age but consider yourself a citizen of the world with labour mobility to take your qualifications with you anywhere (South Africa, Botswana, UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, etc) and adequately fit in rather than begging to have your HND evaluated and recognised.

[/b]

1 Like

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by tosyne2much(m): 9:19am On Aug 02, 2016
EreluY:

[b]
Dindinrin; Oponu!

You can't even express yourself adequately. Your written English is atrociously poor. One wonders how your oral English would sound like. I bet you're a certificated yet uneducated fellow like many Nigerians are. Worst still, an HND holder! Perhaps?

Secondly, in a globalised, postmodern world qualification portability has become a BIG DEAL. For example, through the Bologna Process, qualifications across EU countries have become harmonised, engendering labour mobility. Hence, I am talking about the internationalisation of Nigerian qualifications (which I've written about on this site with reference to the HND/BA,BSc dichotomy). Conversely, and regrettably, you're yapping about localised accreditation. Will the University of Ghana, Legon, accept Nigerian HND holders to enrol on its prestigious MA/MSc degrees? Categorical no? You'll have to head for India where their MA/Msc equates with UK, US & Canadian BA/BSc. I repeat, if you see yourself and your offsprings beginning and ending it all in Nigeria, then keep deluding yourself that HND equates with BA/BSc. Otherwise, the Nigerian government needs to reinvent the polytechnic sector and the qualifications awarded by these institutions (e.g. BTech (Honours) rather than HNDs).

Is lecturing a lucrative job? Yes, if you are not living in a stone age but consider yourself a citizen of the world with labour mobility to take your qualifications with you anywhere (South Africa, Botswana, UK, USA, Canada, Ireland, etc) and adequately fit in rather than begging to have your HND evaluated and recognised.

[/b]
hmmmm
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Gwazah(m): 9:29am On Aug 02, 2016
EreluY:

[b]
Dindinrin; Oponu!

[/b]
Hon Patrick in making!!
I know how hard u suffered bfore constructing this piece just to impress the audience, i wouldn't want u to do same since u are not willing to understand me.
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by tosyne2much(m): 10:30am On Aug 02, 2016
Gwazah:
Hon Patrick in making!!
I know how hard u suffered bfore constructing this piece just to impress the audience, i wouldn't want u to do same since u are not willing to understand me.
Hahaha roflwkmd lmao funny u cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Pelaiye2703(m): 11:28pm On Aug 02, 2016
queencalipso:
Op just provide credible source for this news, that's all I want.

To all of us!! Let it be known that your certificate is just a plain paper if you have nothing upstairs to offer. Your ability to deliver is what matters to the outside world not your paper. If you lack critical thinking and intelligence , then your certificate is as good as nothing to me.

If God willing I become an employer of labour today, I will care less about your A4 paper, my analysis of you will be based on your intelligence and your ability to work even under pressure and deliver, your ability to accept any form of challenge and provide a means to deliver, to create your own ideas outside the instructions you are given and achieve a better results. That's all I will care about and I think that is what employers of labour now should be looking out for in candidates. Not your empty cert. The important thing is the education you acquired which is more than enough to build on your intelligence.

Tell them mam ..#fact

1 Like 1 Share

Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by SleemBadGuy(m): 11:32pm On Aug 02, 2016
queencalipso:

Hmm!! cheesy am blushing!! You are making my head swell. ** whispers in silence,... Yes am single wink wanna put a ring on it lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I dnt mind..Buh we cnt talk here..letz get some E-privacy..Shall we?

DM me.. IG @360events.ng
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Nobody: 4:46pm On Aug 03, 2016
shala01:

Actually he is smarter than you are. If you are entering civil service job with HND, you will be on technical cadre. You will no go beyond level 13 unless you convert by having your post graduate diploma. No deceive yourself and no let dem deceive you
I don hear....
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Solomyn(m): 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2016
Na wa ... Tell you that is putting up all dis write ups what is ur grade? Nd you HND holder what is your grade... To justify your stand how far has ur qualification bring wealth to you?
EreluY:

[b]
Dindinrin; Oponu!

[/b]
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Meristem: 9:28am On Sep 05, 2016
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by Nobody: 10:29am On Dec 04, 2016
I currently read an article about scrapping of HNDs in Nig leaving NCE and Btech. Any info please
Re: HND/Bsc Dichotomy Resolved By The National Council On Establishment by MobileBlog: 10:39am On Dec 04, 2016
A girl walked out from the clothing store naked, I am so embarrassed to tell why.
According to the witness in Logos, he saw a girl was walking on the street almost naked, and he was shocked even can't believe what he saw.
And then, he saw a woman with weird expression catching up with the girl, and drag her back to a clothing store.
 He was curious and worried at that time, and he didn’t know what to do. So he wandered around the store to see the situation.
He saw the girl leave there with clothes awkwardly soon. He entered the store and asked the shopkeeper about the thing with curiosity.
It was said that the girl answered a phone and someone invited her to get the lucky gift from MBlog. After the shopkeeper sorted out the clothes and turned back, she saw the girl walk out from the store naked. And she also said that when the girl went back to store to put on clothes, the girl also made her see a message with http://mblog.ng/logBUL?mn=225907&op=rec and she can get lucky gift via the click.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

WAEC Supervisor Assaults Female Muslim Candidate / A Letter On How They Spent Their Christmas Holiday And He Wrote This (Pictures) / Meet The State That Have 15 University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.