Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? (728 Views)

This Kind Of LIE In My Church Should Stop / Rich Pastors Disregarding The Poor – Falana Mocks Adeboye, Others / SEE 10 Main Reasons Why The Church Should Not Abandon Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by SexyRat: 2:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
Matthew 11:5

The blind receive their sight, and the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, and the [/b]poor have the gospel preached to them[b]

Jesus why on earth gave the prescription of becoming rich. According to the above scripture, he gave the poor the gospel not money.

I have seen so many people who came to Christ poor, but by obeying and applying the principles of prosperity contained in the Bible the became rich

So, is clear that those who are poor are simply those who failed to obeyed the principles of prosperity

Now, why do we especially Africans believed that the church should take care of the poor by giving them money, which is not what Jesus did in the scripture?
Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by donTbone(m): 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
Not every church believes In that... Not in my church anyways... Except being LED by the holy spirit.
Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by 247Potential: 2:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
Neither is it on record that the congregation contributed periodically in a mandatory manner to Christ. If ever I were to have a problem with my church, it would be the lack of beneficial networking for the congregation. There are a myriad of problems faced today that have no roots in the bible.
Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by SexyRat: 2:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
247Potential:
Neither is it on record that the congregation contributed periodically in a mandatory manner to Christ. If ever I were to have a problem with my church, it would be the lack of beneficial networking for the congregation. There are a myriad of problems faced today that have no roots in the bible.

You can help us by breaking down your comments into smaller pieces grin
Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by 247Potential: 2:28pm On Jul 24, 2016
SexyRat:

You can help us by breaking down your comments into smaller pieces grin

I'm referring to the tithes, offerings and contributions that are being made especially on Sundays. A healthy percentage of that should be invested in charity. The second point is that sometimes, the church is content with just having a healthy bank account and existence without sufficient concerns for the members' developments where they could play an active role using their connections
Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by SexyRat: 2:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
247Potential:

I'm referring to the tithes, offerings and contributions that are being made especially on Sundays. A healthy percentage of that should be invested in charity. The second point is that sometimes, the church is content with just having a healthy bank account and existence without sufficient concerns for the members' developments where they could play an active role using their connections

So who told you that Churches don't give to Charity.

My church gave relive material woth millions of Naira to Bayelsa and Portharcourt during the flood

And also send cash to one African country (have forgotten the name) during war in the country.

They give to Less privilege homes both home and abroad. Am privilege to receive letters of gratitude..
Yet people still believe that they should take care of all the poor in the society.
Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by 247Potential: 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2016
SexyRat:

So who told you that Churches don't give to Charity.

My church gave relive material woth millions of Naira to Bayelsa and Portharcourt during the flood

And also send cash to one African country (have forgotten the name) during war in the country.

They give to Less privilege homes both home and abroad. Am privilege to receive letters of gratitude..
Yet people still believe that they should take care of all the poor in the society.

Well, Charity is taking care of the poor or the less privilege. In many instances, the church just doesn't exhaust its limits.
Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by SexyRat: 4:35pm On Jul 24, 2016
247Potential:

Well, Charity is taking care of the poor or the less privilege. In many instances, the church just doesn't exhaust its limits.

Oh, os now about exhausting limits after giving you an instance
Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by orunto27: 4:54pm On Jul 24, 2016
Churches' Funds are God's money. God's money is meant to settle all his creations.
Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by 247Potential: 6:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
SexyRat:

Oh, os now about exhausting limits after giving you an instance

It has always been about exhausting limits. You take this as an argument: I am telling you the realistic reason one may have problems with the church methods. How should it be preached that one gives until it hurts, yet they find it difficult stepping out of their comfort zone? The church has to connect to each and every member of her congregation and the society at large. It doesn't start and end with the person who always donate side figure sums at fund raising. Anything short of that requires the best to be given.
Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 24, 2016
So you prefer that Churches should build schools, or other buildings or buy aeroplanes after the poor has contributed to its growth. ....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most People Believed That The Church Should Give The Poor Money? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 24, 2016
Do you know why this question is funny? Its because the only reason why people in Africa accepted Christianity, the ONLY reason why people right here are willing to defend that book called the bible with their life is because when it first came, it brought a lot of changes e.g they stopped the killing of twins, the missionaries provided things for the poor people of Africa such as education, clean water, they built roads, etc. Your forefathers reasoned, 'if these are the good effects of Christianity, then I think I'll join'. That's why I don't oppose good Christians despite all the logical fallacies I'm their religion. If you need Christianity to be a good person, go for it. Now you, as a Christian, are actually asking why your church should give the poor money?? I'm ashamed of you.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Happy 34th Wedding Anniversary To Papa And Mama Oyedepo / Christian Material Reveiew: Christian Movies / Photos: Moment Kenneth Copeland Laid Hands On This “ilorin Boy”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.