Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,756 members, 7,820,626 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

A Decade On Nairaland - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Decade On Nairaland (7660 Views)

Nigeria Out Of Top 10 Most Corrupt Nations For The First Time In A Decade / After Almost A Decade, Ogwashi-uku Finally Is Electrified. / Who Will Lead Igbo Out Of Biafra After 2 And Half Decade Price Paid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 1:36am On Jul 25, 2016
nduchucks:
superstar1, congratulations on your 10-year anniversary.

It'd be nice to allow the OP to celebrate without turning his thread into another tribal war. una no dey tire?

[s]pazienza and TheNewIbadan, get a room please embarassed
[/s]

Are you gay?
Re: A Decade On Nairaland by nduchucks: 1:37am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Are you gay?

I meant to refer to shukuokukobambi.
Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 1:38am On Jul 25, 2016
nduchucks:

Just because Pazienza acts like a sissy and an enlarge clitoris he calls d**k doesn't make him a chic.
Re: A Decade On Nairaland by nduchucks: 1:39am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Just because Pazienza acts like a sissy and an enlarge clitoris he calls d**k doesn't make him a chic.

omo mola ni eyin people yi.
Re: A Decade On Nairaland by shukuokukobambi: 1:40am On Jul 25, 2016
nduchucks:

Don't worry grin No matter how much he tempts me, i won't descend into the ring with him this night. Like you rightly said, this is a thread for superstar1 to reminisce on his 10-year NL journey and i won't join to spoil his party wink

1 Like

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 1:40am On Jul 25, 2016
nduchucks:

omo mola ni eyin people yi.

Omo Fulani to fe so Yoruba. Se Yoruba lo ko sibe yen?

1 Like

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 1:41am On Jul 25, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

Don't worry grin No matter how much he tempts me, i won't descend into the ring with him this night. Like you rightly said, this is a thread for superstar1 to reminisce on his 10-year NL journey and i won't join to spoil his party wink

Jor, you be female? Dem tell you to enter one room with an ipad tout.
Re: A Decade On Nairaland by shukuokukobambi: 1:43am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Jor, you be female? Dem tell you to enter one room with an ipad tout.

abeg i no be female o cheesy
Re: A Decade On Nairaland by nduchucks: 1:47am On Jul 25, 2016
o da bi pe awon omode yi, shukuokukobambi ati TheNewIbadan, o mo nkan ti awon oyibo npe ni sacrcasm. embarassed

1 Like

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 1:48am On Jul 25, 2016
nduchucks:
o da bi pe awon omode yi o mo nkan ti awon oyibo npe ni sacrcasm.

Tani omode?

Uncle, e lo sun. grin
Re: A Decade On Nairaland by pazienza(m): 1:48am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Yorubas never fought for freedom? While Yorubas were building empires, Ibos were still running around in grass skirts.

The North didn't need Yoruba's suppot to win but they needed from any Southern group? Are you listening to yourself? So which Southern group voted for a Northern/Yoruba candidate? Was it Ibos, Ijaws, or Yorubas?

@bolded
My my my, such "power" online. hahahhahaa, yet you can't do ish offline.

The Yoruba Commonwealth thread is still in the politics section, FYI. Ndigbo cried about it and Yorubas brought it back. This is the true model of Nigeria. Ibos know that Yorubas are the only tribe that can undermine them in Nigeria.... that's why they call their SS+SE union progress and N+SW slave-master. They fear a solidified union of these two groups grin grin grin A union between the N+SW scares our Ibo brother so much they have to play slaves to a minority tribe. Once again, I totally understand why you feel trapped in Nigeria.

Your leaders are mute and cowards in the face of this administration. The only people who have openly fought against Buhari's administrations are Yorubas while coward Ibo leaders use their youths to make noise online. This same senseless youths fight themselves and die for the same touts who used them under the guide of "Freedom fighter".

Yes, Yorubas never fought for freedom in their history, your little wrestling matches amongst yourselves and your mud house infested village empire you built by defeating yourselves count for nothing.

Buhari Emergence had nothing to do with Yorubas, All Buhari needed was a block vote from either the SE, SW or SS to win. He already had the North on lock and had done so, many times before. The only difference was that he picked Igbo VPs and Igbos were never going to give him a block vote.

Simple arithmetics show that any time two of the Nigerian three main groups unite, the third group to lose out would be a Southern major group, politics is a game of numbers. But in each case, the North is usually the winner.

Buhari emergence had nothing to do with Yorubas, it had everything to do with numbers.
If and when APC presents a Yoruba candidate for president, a Northern/East combo would still win.

The Igbo fear not the Yoruba union with North, as a matter fact, we feel you lots belong together, like a match made in heaven, we intend to solidify your slave-master union in your Arewa odua nation.

Which leaders keeping mute? Why should we care about where Nigeria is heading to under Buhari and Yoruba leadership of incompetence? Lol! If anything we are but amused at the display of incompetence by this Yoruba driven government, we decided to leave you guys to continue showing the world your incompetence.

Yorubas fighting against Buhari government? You mean Fayose and FFK media somersaults and theatrics? Haha! You lots are comedians, we are more than entertained.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by nduchucks: 1:50am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Tani omode?

Uncle, e lo sun. grin

oro yin ti su mi cheesy
Re: A Decade On Nairaland by pazienza(m): 1:55am On Jul 25, 2016
shukuokukobambi:

All this noise just because i asked why you came back with your tails between your legs after promising to leave a forum founded by a yoruba man you envy? cheesy

I don't have time for your epistle of lamentations this time. Oya do like your comrade below to get some relief cheesy

Cornered and this is what he falls back on, how pathetic, why am I not surprised.

Good a thing you have been put to exactly where you belong.

I don't in anyway envy Seun anymore than I envy Zuckerman, only you know why you want me to envy him?

I came back to NL, because I can. Deal with that.

7 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 1:59am On Jul 25, 2016
pazienza:

Yes, Yorubas never fought for freedom in their history, your little wrestling matches amongst yourselves and your mud house infested village empire you built by defeating yourselves count for nothing.

Buhari Emergence had nothing to do with Yorubas, All Buhari needed was a block vote from either the SE, SW or SS to win. He already had the North on lock and had done so, many times before. The only difference was that he picked Igbo VPs and Igbos were never going to give him a block vote.

Simple arithmetics show that any time two of the Nigerian three main groups unite, the third group to lose out would be a Southern major group, politics is a game of numbers. But in each case, the North is usually the winner.

[size=15pt]Buhari emergence had nothing to do with Yorubas,[/size] it had everything to do with numbers.
If and when APC presents a Yoruba candidate for president, a Northern/East combo would still win.

The Igbo fear not the Yoruba union with North, as a matter fact, we feel you lots belong together, like a match made in heaven, we intend to solidify your slave-master union in your Arewa odua nation.

Which leaders keeping mute? Why should we care about where Nigeria is heading to under Buhari and Yoruba leadership of incompetence? Lol! If anything we are but amused at the display of incompetence by this Yoruba driven government, we decided to leave you guys to continue showing the world your incompetence.

Yorubas fighting against Buhari government? You mean Fayose and FFK media somersaults and theatrics? Haha! You lots are comedians, we are more than entertained.

Those who fight for freedom feel that freedom has been taken from them and they feel helpless in their context - This adequately describes the Igbo race. A race that is so powerless and hopeless, always the third citizen in a "Yoruba-Northerner oligarchy" - That is what your ipad friends call it.

Unfortunately your "fight for freedom" has always been quieted by the big two, ended in a suicide mission, and or died online. you're so hopeless and powerless that you support a minority group who has more voice than you. The ND can cripple Nigeria's economy, so they're heard. Igbos, if una stop trading today, someone else will pick it up. You're inconsequential. Start destroying your land today, we'll just tag you terrorists. No one will bat an eyelid when the Fulani military starts pulling the trigger.

As a Yoruba, I offer my pity to the Ibo race. Just wait 40 more years when the oil dries up orrrrrrrr when your leaders stop being Yoruba-Fulani puppets.

You ipods need to ger your stories aligned.

Ipad1, Yorubas put Buhari in position.
Ipad2, Yorubas had nothing to do with it.

Ipad1, Fayose are the bravest anti-Buhari oppositions. We love him, he's our hero.
Ipad2, Fayose na media somersaults.

A bunch of confused ingrates.

4 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 2:02am On Jul 25, 2016
nduchucks:

oro yin ti su mi cheesy

O n pe mi ni omode, o tun n lo "yin" fun mi.

Uncle, mo ni ke lo sun lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcdftCJDyTE
Re: A Decade On Nairaland by pazienza(m): 2:06am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

I don't recaLL Yorubas or any other groups in Ilorin crying about Fulanis in Ilorin.

The last time I checked, the Emir of Ilorin can't tell Yorubas in Ilorin how to live their lives and hasn't tried such. So thanks for worrying about Ilorin. Were I you, I'd worry about Ebonyi and Enugu- esp Enugu- that just got its first Islamic secondary schools because of the high number of Fulanis living there.

As per GEJ....... Aside from his cluelessness and buffoonery, the bolded is why he had to go. Yorubas didn't say anything. We just waited for 2015 to roll in. Mind you, we only gave 51% of our votes to Buhari. Ibos gave 95% of their votes. Just to give you an understanding of how useless your 95% votes were.

You know GEJ spend more dough in the SW than in any region to get Yoruba votes? grin grin

The Emir in Ilorin makes the rule in Ilorin which Yoruba slaves there must obey. Not all slaves have a free spirit, some slaves have slavery spirit and hence are unlikely to stand up for their freedom in face of oppression.

Ndiigbo are tolerant civilized people, we always welcome peaceful Islamic people in our mist, one of them even Rose up to become the Mayor of Enugu, we are that cool, even when we remain 98% Christians.

You voted against a Southern president for Northerner, when the time comes, when you seek to produce a president, and the North as usual refuses, you will seek for help in South and will find none, ask Awo how it panned out for him in 1979 when he came looking for southern support. There is no sophistication in what you did any fool can do so.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 2:12am On Jul 25, 2016
pazienza:

The Emir in Ilorin makes the rule in Ilorin which Yoruba slaves there must obey. Not all slaves have a free spirit, some slaves have slavery spirit and hence are unlikely to stand up for their freedom in face of oppression.

Ndiigbo are tolerant civilized people, we always welcome peaceful Islamic people in our mist, one of them even Rose up to become the Mayor of Enugu, we are that cool, even when we remain 98% Christians.

You voted against a Southern president for Northerner, when the time comes, when you seek to produce a president, and the North as usual refuses, you will seek for help in South and will find none, ask Awo how it panned out for him in 1979 when he came looking for southern support. There is no sophistication in what you did any fool can do so.

Please tell us the rules they've made? grin grin grin grin grin

Also, don't Fulanis make the rules that Ibos follow in this country? So una sabi say una be slaves?

Ibos tolerant? They're not. They're just pliant. They have no choice and no voice alone. They must support other groups to make their voices heard. Yoruba man felt defenseless, so he started a new party. Ibos felt defenseless, started APGA and killed it with the same hands they used to build it.

3 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by pazienza(m): 2:16am On Jul 25, 2016
message from Alhaji Aliyu Gwarzo:
"... We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and most of them chose the Koran..."

This quote represents everything about Yorubas. What an apt summation.

7 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by pazienza(m): 2:19am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Please tell us the rules they've made? grin grin grin grin grin

Also, don't Fulanis make the rules that Ibos follow in this country? So una sabi say una be slaves?

Ibos tolerant? They're not. They're just pliant. They have no choice and no voice alone. They must support other groups to make their voices heard. Yoruba man felt defenseless, so he started a new party. Ibos felt defenseless, started APGA and killed it with the same hands they used to build it.

What party did the Yorubas start? Is APC not a northern controlled party today?

Igbos are tolerant and our voice are as loud as clear, they speak language of competence.

By the time Yoruba incompetence in this government is through with Nigeria, the difference will be clear to all.

4 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 2:21am On Jul 25, 2016
pazienza:
message from Alhaji Aliyu Gwarzo:
"... We also captured Ilorin, killed their local King and installed our Fulani Emir. We took that ancient town away from the barbarian Yoruba and their filthy pagan gods. We liberated all these places and all these people by imposing Islam on them by force. It was either the Koran or the sword, and most of them chose the Koran..."

This quote represents everything about Yorubas. What an apt summation.

Is the Hausa man now your bible? I bet you didn't know Islam was introduced to the SW before its introduction in the North. Do you research, can't go through that with you.

You're quoting a reference from what happened centuries ago while Fulanis are CURRENTLY killing your rulers and imposing Islam in the SE? Ebonyi has a large population of Muslims. Enugu just recently got its Islam school and more to come.

This is recent happening o.

We shall islmacize the East before we give you Biafra.

The difference between the SE + North and the West is that while the West is tolerant to both religions, SE/N aren't. The Fulanis know this. They're creating the religious instability in the East before giving you your Biafra.

But like the Ipads that you are, you ignore the happenings in your region and focus on the SW.

2 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 2:24am On Jul 25, 2016
pazienza:

What party did the Yorubas start? Is APC not a northern controlled party today?

Igbos are tolerant and our voice are as loud as clear, they speak language of competence.

By the time Yoruba incompetence in this government is through with Nigeria, the difference will be clear to all.

Lmao APC is Northern party? What happened to "Amala and ewedu party"? grin grin grin

Is PDP not a Northern and Yoruba controlled party today? grin

Which party controlled by Ibos has a voice?

Ibo's incomeptence in the past administration with their on-paper "Africa's largest economy" led Nigeria to what it is today.
Re: A Decade On Nairaland by pazienza(m): 2:29am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Is the Hausa man now your bible? I bet you didn't know Islam was introduced to the SW before its introduction in the North. Do you research, can't go through that with you.

You're quoting a reference from what happened centuries ago while Fulanis are killing oyur rulers and imposting Islam in the SE? Ebonyi has a large population of Muslims. Enugu just recently got its Islam school and more to come.

This is recent happening o.

We shall islmacize the East before we give you Biafra.

The difference between the SE + North and the West is that while the West is tolerant to both religions, SE/N aren't. The Fulanis know this. They're creating the religious instability in the East before giving you your Biafra.

But like the Ipads that you are, you ignore the happenings in your region and focus on the SW.

There are Muslims even in Israel, Igbo Muslims are like 0.005% of Igboland, and they are seen as deviants, most of them are opportunists looking for rich mallams to reap off, haha! Contracts things on their mind.

Islam in Yorubaland is a result of Fulani conquering Yorubaland and forcing you lots to accept Islam or risk further invasion, the story is not hidden. The Caucasians saved Yorubaland from Fulani total subjugation and this is your greatest fear and why you are holding on tight to one Nigeria.

You are slaves to the Fulani, and they are not scared to say it to your faces.

7 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by pazienza(m): 2:35am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Lmao APC is Northern party? What happened to "Amala and ewedu party"? grin grin grin

Is PDP not a Northern and Yoruba controlled party today? grin

Which party controlled by Ibos has a voice?

Ibo's incomeptence in the past administration with their on-paper "Africa's largest economy" led Nigeria to what it is today.

Igbo competence picked Nigeria up from 1999 to 2015 and left her as the biggest economy in Africa.

Yoruba incompetence will see Nigeria go broke. With increased instability.

APC is a Northern party, but you don't expect your masters to do the dirty work when the slaves are around, so the voice of APC is Yoruba, put the power is North.

How exactly is PDP a Yoruba controlled party? Because of Fayose and FFK noise?

7 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 2:35am On Jul 25, 2016
pazienza:

There are Muslims even in Israel, Igbo Muslims are like 0.005% of Igboland, and they are seen as deviants, most of them are opportunists looking for rich mallams to reap off, haha! Contracts things on their mind.

Islam in Yorubaland is a result of Fulani conquering Yorubaland and forcing you lots to accept Islam or risk further invasion, the story is not hidden. The Caucasians saved Yorubaland from Fulani total subjugation and this is your greatest fear and why you are holding on tight to one Nigeria.

You are slaves to the Fulani, and they are not scared to say it to your faces.

Igbo muslims aren't 0.05% stop lying. Your women keeps converting each day because of that Yoruba di*k cheesy

Your eyes go clear when Ibo muslims start creating mosques in every corner.

Muslims conquered Iboland and the religion is spreading. Islamization of the East is a must.

Yorubas clinging on to one Nigeria? Last I checked we didn't tie Ibos down in Yorubaland. You're free to go and come as you please. If the Ibos in the North and SW start clamoring for Biafra, will it kill them? No, they prefer living amongst Yorubas and Fulanis.

1 Like

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by pazienza(m): 2:41am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Igbo muslims aren't 0.05% stop lying. Your women keeps converting each day because of that Yoruba di*k cheesy

Your eyes go clear when Ibo muslims start creating mosques in every corner.

Muslims conquered Iboland and the religion is spreading. Islamization of the East is a must.

Yorubas clinging on to one Nigeria? Last I checked we didn't tie Ibos down in Yorubaland. You're free to go and come as you please. If the Ibos in the North and SW start clamoring for Biafra, will it kill them? No, they prefer living amongst Yorubas and Fulanis.

Islam is an abomination in Igboland, except of course, you use it to make money, then you are respected.

No poor or middle class Igbo man is going to convert to Islam and remain Muslim for long. He just won't fit into the Umunnna, and without money he will become an outcast. Igbos are clannish people, Islam stands no chance here.

Even in Afikpo were Islam took root, they remain minorities and insignificant and are shut out of the community traditions and gatherings. It's almost like being an outcast.

4 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 2:41am On Jul 25, 2016
pazienza:

Igbo competence picked Nigeria up from 1999 to 2015 and left her as the biggest economy in Africa.

Yoruba incompetence will see Nigeria go broke. With increased instability.

APC is a Northern party, but you don't expect your masters to do the dirty work when the slaves are around, so the voice of APC is Yoruba, put the power is North.

How exactly is PDP a Yoruba controlled party? Because of Fayose and FFK noise?

Ibo's "competence" is what we're seeing in Nigeria right now. Ibo's competence is why the second Niger bridge is still in ipod's dreams. Ibo's competence is why the east has no viable port. Ibo competence is why the East is infrastructurally backward. Ibo's competence is why Onitsha- the largest marketplace in Africa- is nowhere near Lagos and Ogun in terms of business and entrepreneurship. Ibo competence is why you're moving to "develop" Malaysia, Indonesia and India.

The gods that cursed you with such competence must be loyal to Nigeria/Yoruba/Fulanis grin

I'm telling you Yorubas and Fulanis control PDP, you're giving me story. You think because they use Ibos anyhow - as online noisemakers and unpaid protesters- Ibos control PDP? grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 2:42am On Jul 25, 2016
pazienza:

Islam is an abomination in Igboland, except of course, you use it to make money, then you are respected.

No poor or middle class Igbo man is going to convert to Islam and remain Muslim for long. He just won't fit into the Umunnna, and without money he will become an outcast. Igbos are clannish people, Islam stands no chance here.

Even in Afigbo were Islam took root, they remain minorities and insignificant and are shut out of the community traditions and gatherings. It's almost like being an outcast.

Story for the gods.

Even if you use it to make money, as long as it spreads all over the East - the ultimate plan.

If una like, sell unaself for mirror again, Ibo muslim race is growing.

1 Like

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 2:52am On Jul 25, 2016
Just sharing a random thought grin

Johnnwokolo:
These Yorubas are something else:

Did you know that. NSA Dasuki kept N2.4 billion with Obadina, Aluko and Co made more money than Diazenni, Most of Jonathans money is with Tunde Ayeni, Babangidas money is with Mike Adenuga. Yorubas made more money during Jonathans period than any other people.
They are just so trust worthy that every one wants to do business with them.

2. Did you know that Lagos GDP has exceeded $100 billion, accounting for more than 20% of the total GDP of the biggest economy in Africa.

It is estimated that with the with the $2 billion MAERSK port at Badgry, the Eko Atlantic, The Lagos rail project, The Snake Island Port and Tank and the famous $17 billion Refinery, Fertilizer, Petro Chemical and Power plant, Lagos economy will exceed $200 billion by 2020.

As a matter of fact the SW economy will account for 50% of the nations GDP by 2025.Lets keep wailing and calling them cowards.

Yorubas are not agitating for anything, they carry a begging bowl telling everyone just come and invest in Yoruba land. Ogun state has just been announced as the richest state after Lagos with the largest increase in IGR in 12 months. Ogun state is developing so rapidly and preparing for the spill over from Lagos.

Who wants to do business with an angry and violent person? Who will trust the presidency of this nation in the hands of bad losers and wailers?

THESE YORUBAS ARE COWARDS. COWARDS INDEED? ALL FOREIGN INVESTMENTS TO SOUTH EAST WILL CEASE UNTIL THE ISSUE OF BIAFRA IS RESOLVED, PENDING, THE BEAUTIFUL BRIDE IS SOUTH WEST. I WONT BE SURPRISED IF YORUBA ARE FINANCING THE BIAFRA STRUGGLE.

Our Ibo brothers started with trying to bring Ibadan down .... until Ibadan developed more than all Ibo states combined, emersing foreign investment and businesses.

Then they moved on to Ogun, until it because the 2nd state to do business and one of the richest state in Naija alongside Delta (oil-producing), Lagos and rivers.

Oh our Ibo brothers, please move on to insulting Osun and Ondo. Your tears bring us goodluck.

1 Like

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by raumdeuter: 2:53am On Jul 25, 2016
superstar1:
10years ago I was gisting with my cousin in UK and he asked me whether i have registered on the new raving forum in Nigeria, Nairaland. I told him I do not even have any idea that the new Forum exists. I quickly logged on and found one elementary website bearing Nairaland. Not deterred by the perceived elementary outlook of the forum, I registered and was happy to belong to a platform where i can air my view ona ny issue about my country to the world.

I only restricted myself to Sport section, most especially Manchester United thread. I do peep into Politics, culture and tribal sections once in a while, but there was really nothing unusual apart from the usual news we all have access to in the regular media. Culture section was more informative with some NL encyclopedia lecturing on us who we are as Africans and other cultural stuffs. Due respect to AndreUwe and Fulamania.

Fast forward to mid-2008, Politics section started getting hot with waves upon waves of attacks on Yorubas from Igbos who were spewing their remixed version and make-me-happy tales by moonlight of their Fathers and Uncles false heroics. Major cuplrits were Deridegull, Chino, Oneast or Chinology. Most guys ignored them except Dayokanu that made it a point of duty to decimate all their claims, with Katsumoto delivering irrefutable facts to nullify all animosities against the Yorubas. The hours upon hours of lectures and counter ectures from Katsumoto and Deridegull or Duru1 were very informative. By early 2010, subtle warnings were being sent to Seun to curb tribalism in Politics section, he did not see it as anything serious. By mid-2010, other yorubas felt enough is enough of these shenanigans coming from igbos. The likes of OPCNairaland, MayorofLagos, jakumo, IlekeHD, Gbawe, Aareonakakanfo, Shymexx,led the full scale attack, with Desola being the only female, always hitting the mark in a very subtle but effective way.

This culminated in the myth bursting season, monicker expose season, the season of truce with rendezvous at Beerhugz Ikeja. Ngozievergreen will never forget NL. Those were very brutal days in Politics section of NL. 2015 election brought out the good, the bad and the ugly of NL. It was a propaganda and campaign ground for the major political parties. That was the season of PPP -Pay Per Post. Post election ushered in the cry for bia.fra season. Seun responded to this cry in a manner that has never been seen before on NL. I am not sure DSS did not threaten him on that particular issue.

Due to the clamp down on secession cries, some threatened to migrate out of NL and never to come back. They left, they were not missed and voila, they are back. Some even created parallel fora that never had the pull effect of NL and such fora died a natural death.

We are presently in the season of indiscriminate bans. Just came back from a lengthy ban and i cannot even guarantee not being banned before end of today. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. We have seen it all on NL.

The diversity of opinion and the scintillating presentations of some are what make NL thick and addictive. It will be the highest hypocrisy if I fail to mention that tribalism and ethic jabs are also part of the fun of NL, that you might not really get elsewhere, except on Vanguard online and probably Facebook. In the midst of the jabs, we learn one or two things. Atimes some jabs make you to read up on such jabs and you will come back to give a merciless counterjabs. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy. Veterans will understand what i am talking about.

Government agencies, political parties, security agencies and even print media now know that anyone that ignores NL is doing so at his or own peril. This is a classical example of online forum that has given power to the youths and masses. Here, we can report any agency or personnel of government or corporation or individuals that misbehaves in real time without any fear of harassment, which was prevalent in the days of the likes of Fela and Gani Fawehinmi.

By and large, I have learnt a lot from NL in the last 10years. While growing up, I was never interested in who were our forefathers as Africans, who we were as a people, the events that led to the amalgamation of North and South, the civil war, Awo, Zik, Ahmadu Bello or Oduduwa. The contributions of all from every nook and cranny of Nigeria challenged me to read up, to separate the truth from fallacy. I had to read virtually every book or write up ever written on Nigerian Civil War, Pre and post-independence era, the days of the Evil Genius Maradona, the dark days of Abacha and the emergence of the 4th republic democracy in Nigeria. I also picked interest in the top 5-7 ethnicities in Nigeria and I had to read up on their histories too.

Seun thanks for creating this forum. It has been an avenue for youths to air their opinion freely, demand better governance and forge a better country for ourselves. Even the ethnic jabs is forcing all parties to have mutual respect for ourselves despite all the animosities and probably collaborate to achieve an objective of a better country.

I am specially hailing Katsumoto, Dayokanu, Desola, Chino, Abagworo, Shymexx, Duru1, Dede1 AndreUwe, Fulanmania, Aresa, Ijakumo, Modath, Soundking, Sunnybobo, Anonimi, StBlack, StOla, arewafederation, AareOnakakanfo, cheruv, debosky, oduastates, Ngwakwe, EzeNri, dearpreye, dozzybaba (mad-dest boy on NL), VICTORCIZA, OPCNairailand, NgeneUkwenu, idupaul, MayorofLagos, T9sky, pazienza, Jason123 Deridegull, IlekeHD, ACM10, raumdeuter, odenigboaroli, 9jacrip, Aigbofa, Beaf, Passingshot, nduchucks, Iyangbali, fiiznation, Firefire, Omenka, Orikinla, Aljarem, Berem, ijawmilitant, EasternActivist, JAckBaueress1, Freeglobe, ANAMBRAII, tupacshakur, Zimoni, kobojunkie, fstranger, barcanista or is it Tonyebarcanista, ezeagu, obiagu1, basilo101, tonychristopher etc You contributed immensely in making NL a vibrant social forum it is today, most especially the Politics section.

Looking forward to another decade.

Congrats on your 10th year. As one of the patrons of tribalism on this forum, I congratulate you and you have fought a good fight

Before I am given the title of the greatest tribalist this forum has seen, I would like to reserve a special mention for the great Yoruba warrior who blazed the trail before I and others joined him, His name was the great AJISAFE.

Generally I would say from my experience in Nigeria, Ibos are generally more politically conscious when it comes to tribalism. Yorubas a re just more interested in enjoying and going easy. Most Yorubas on this forum would be in Romance, Sports, Rap battles celebrity or Family while Ibos take online political propaganda like a career. They even have an NL eze ndigbo contest at some time to lead and coordinate their attacks.

Like yourself, I also joined this forum and focused more on Sport section, Until around 2006 when Israel and Hezbollah has a war and I gradually moved to the foreign affairs section with TayoD Davidylan and co, While I also contributed in Politics mainly to attack Obasanjo and his 3rd term agenda, but I noticed that the Ibo posters had other motivations which was to insult and attack Yorubas at every opportunity with posters like Afam, Osisi and others leading the charge, the only Yoruba who challenged them then was Ajisafe. Later I joined him and tackled them viciously until others joined me. The tribalism came to a crescendo around 2011 when Ibos used the opportunity of Jonathans presidency to insult every Yoruba at will. That was what woke up the monster in other otherwise carefree Yoruba youths who didnt care before about politics

This gave birth to Fl_gators, Desola, eggheaders, ekt_bear, Fstranger, superstar, Aigbofa, seanet01 the insurgents and others the latest batch who are holding it down online.
There are many Ibo posters here whom I respect and have learned from like 4playy, Eziachi

Superstar1 we still need you on sport section dont just abandon us there. I have mostly retired back to sport section except for a few occasions when I come here to set the record straight

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by pazienza(m): 2:59am On Jul 25, 2016
TheNewIbadan:

Ibo's "competence" is what we're seeing in Nigeria right now. Ibo's competence is why the second Niger bridge is still in ipod's dreams. Ibo's competence is why the east has no viable port. Ibo competence is why the East is infrastructurally backward. Ibo's competence is why Onitsha- the largest marketplace in Africa- is second to Lagos and Ogun in terms of business and entrepreneurship.

The gods that cursed you with such competence must be loyal to Nigeria grin

I'm telling you Yorubas and Fulanis control PDP, you're giving me story. You think because they use Ibos anyhow - as online noisemakers and unpaid protesters- Ibos control PDP? grin grin grin

Lol! This one pain Am wella.

I have no interest in Second Niger bridge, I think one bridge is already enough to connect Western Igboland to Eastern Igboland, and not Lagos.

Yoruba incompetence saw Yorubas mismanage all the companies they stole through the indigenization policy and threw Nigerian economy into it's bad state till 1999.

Igboland as a whole is more developed than Yorubaland. Lagos was but a former capital built by the British and later FG.

Onitsha on the contrary represents the Igbo competence spirit, she was not Nigerian capital city, she was built by the ingenuity of the Igbo race, and even after being ruined by Nigerians during the war, was rebuilt once again by Ndiigbo to stand tall again today. Ogun is not a town or city, wonder why you would compare it to Onitsha.

Yoruba curse and incompetence is reflected in the Brown roofs of Ibadan, Abeokuta, Oshogbo, etc. For despite not suffering any ruin during the war, despite the billions Yorubas made in profit following the indigenization policy windfall, those places remain slums not fit for human dwelling, big shame!

Yorubas have been cursed to remain slaves to the North by the Yoruba gods, not only did they force Yorubas to live under the whims and caprices of their Northern masters, they had also taken away from them the spirit of freedom, so much that Yorubas have become perpetual slaves in Ilorin and are now majorly Muslims.

Ekweremmadu remains the highest ranked PDP elected member in this current political dispensation.

7 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 3:06am On Jul 25, 2016
pazienza:

[size=4pt]Lol! This one pain Am wella.

I have no interest in Second Niger bridge, I think one bridge is already enough to connect Western Igboland to Eastern Igboland, and not Lagos.

Yoruba incompetence saw Yorubas mismanage all the companies they stole through the indigenization policy and threw Nigerian economy into it's bad state till 1999.

Igboland as a whole is more developed than Yorubaland. Lagos was but a former capital built by the British and later FG.

Onitsha on the contrary represents the Igbo competence spirit, she was not Nigerian capital city, she was built by the ingenuity of the Igbo race, and even after being ruined by Nigerians during the war, was rebuilt once again by Ndiigbo to stand tall again today. Ogun is not a town or city, wonder why you would compare it to Onitsha.

Yoruba curse and incompetence is reflected in the Brown roofs of Ibadan, Abeokuta, Oshogbo, etc. For despite not suffering any ruin during the war, despite the billions Yorubas made in profit following the indigenization policy windfall, those places remain slums not fit for human dwelling, big shame!

Yorubas have been cursed to remain slaves to the North by the Yoruba gods, not only did they force Yorubas to live under the whims and caprices of their Northern masters, they had also taken away from them the spirit of freedom, so much that Yorubas have become perpetual slaves in Ilorin and are now majorly Muslims.

Ekweremmadu remains the highest ranked PDP elected member in this current political dispensation.[/size]

Is Ogun also a former capital? I pity Ibos.

Dem posting scattered buildings around, calling it infrastructure and business. grin grin grin

Onitsha - the dirtiest and most polluted city in the world with no more than two industy- is the prove of Ibo competence? may Allah not curse us with such competence.

Even Ibadan is more developed than Onithsa, who dem say get the largest dirty market in the world.

Aba - the "Japan of Africa" has nothing on ground to show for its Aba-made fake shit they're trying to force down Yoruba throats. Well, we say No. Back to sender. cool

Even Enugu - the coal city - is cursed with brown roofs.

The only time Ibos take pride in themselves is when they're in Yorubaland hawking fanyogos or setting up 2x2 corner shops. They call themselves the smartest race in Africa - a cursed intelligence that makes you fetch water for another man while your house is on fire.

Our Ibo brothers are only good at blaming Yorubas for their woes.

2 Likes

Re: A Decade On Nairaland by TheNewIbadan: 3:10am On Jul 25, 2016
Ibadan - 27x the size of Enugu - is more developed and has more BUSINESSES than Igboland combined.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Plotting To Import Thugs For Edo Polls — Oshiomhole / Breaking News Heavy Gunfire At Onitcha Uperiweka Now / Ohanaeze: IPOB Must End Sit-At-Home Now, Business In Southeast Crumbling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.