Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,833 members, 7,817,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 PM

Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? (1563 Views)

10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? / If You Propose To Ur Lady And She Refuses, What Next? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by sunny3kng(m): 9:29pm On Sep 16, 2009
pls peeps, i ve a friend who's gurl just made the first move, so my question to mostly ladies now is, can u propose to your guy or force him into doing it?? your views pls
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by slimes(m): 10:44pm On Sep 16, 2009
It signifies desperateness for a lady to propose.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by sexyLeamon(f): 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2009
I may be a little traditional but I think the guy should propose and not the girl
undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by OvieE: 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2009
If the lady is financially stable than the man, why not? God do not say men should be the only one to propose.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by abasifo(m): 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2009
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by omar22(m): 1:30pm On Sep 17, 2009
It signifies desperateness for a lady to propose.

29th of February of every leap year the ladies do purpose marriage to their fiancee, but in general its not a sign of desperation, girls/ladies do realise that they go for what they like and not wait for the guy to make the first move, we are not living on trees or in the cave, time waits for nobody,
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by koolchicco: 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2009
Well in this era of scarcity of Men(Husbands),Why not?!
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by abasifo(m): 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
Ladies, are you tired of waiting around for your man to propose? Society says that it is the man’s responsibility to take the first step. But really, what are you waiting for? Break the mold and get what you want…the ring! And of course, the man. Here are some ways that you can propose to a man.
The first thing you need to do is put society’s viewpoints on the back burner. If you really want to marry this man but he is taking his time in broaching the subject, gather up your courage and ask for his hand in marriage. If you two are meant for each other, you will get your wish.
All of the emotions that a man goes through when he is getting ready to propose hold true for women. Asking for someone to marry you is a scary question filled with either acceptance or rejection. Since you should know your partner pretty well, take a gander at what his response would be. Some men do not feel comfortable with the woman proposing and this could make things very uncomfortable.
If your man is a Renaissance man, he may be open to the woman proposing. If so, move forward. Your proposal should be a memorable occasion. Create an environment that you will both enjoy and have fond memories of. Perhaps you have a favorite restaurant or park that you like to go to.
Take a trip to your favorite location, slowly approach the subject. Talk about all the wonderful things you love about him and how he completes you. Remember to talk from the heart. So many times we use pre-written speeches but this can sound contrived. Look deep into his eyes, grab him by the hands and pop the question. If you are the type that likes a little flair, get down on one knee much as he would have done. Smile honestly at him the entire time. It will show that you are confident and sure in your decision.
So, if you’ve been waiting for that ring for eternity and your man doesn’t seem to be making a move, if the time is right, go for it. There’s no reason that a lady can’t go after what she wants.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by chosen04(f): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2009
I respect Ladies who prpose to theirs Guys. It shows they know what they want out of life.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by whitelexi(m): 2:08pm On Sep 17, 2009
Its good for a lady to do the needful when the needful is needed grin grin

And needfully so too grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by nellaluv(f): 2:12pm On Sep 17, 2009
In d western world it happens u know, a lady can propose who really cares. But in Africa, traditional settings it's d A word.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by pinkstar(f): 2:15pm On Sep 17, 2009
ha,the babe no try at all,how she go first toast guy,make im Bleep up 2morrow.If she do like that na em be say she fit pay 4 em bride price as she be groom.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Sep 17, 2009
I could do it just to get a shock out of him. Most of them can't handle it. Perfect bliss for me. tongue
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by herniec(f): 2:25pm On Sep 17, 2009
Well. It really not a forbidden thing. Just that a number of considerations are necessary.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by izeek(m): 2:28pm On Sep 17, 2009
there is nothing wrong with it.
she knows what she wants and is going for it.

just that in this parts she is seen as loose, most expecially when the relationship dont last long.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by whitelexi(m): 2:32pm On Sep 17, 2009
izeek:

there is nothing wrong with it.
she knows what she wants and is going for it.

just that in this parts she is seen as loose, most expecially when the relationship dont last long.

Needless to say, it is not about her needfully doing the needful that is the problem, but how the needful is needfully done! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by MissyB1(m): 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2009
T's not a thang for Ladies after my likeness.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by hbabe(f): 2:37pm On Sep 17, 2009
Nothing wrong with it.  But I will not do it if the guy is a Nigerian.  undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by Pataki: 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2009
Well, I got that rude shock, and I can surely say, I was startled. Still mulling over it. . . . If a lady truly knows what she wants and values a man, she should go for the man.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by izeek(m): 2:43pm On Sep 17, 2009
whitelexi:

Needless to say, it is not about her needfully doing the needful that is the problem, but how the needful is needfully done! grin grin grin

did u just realise that being needy aint that bad! grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by whitelexi(m): 2:49pm On Sep 17, 2009
izeek:

did u just realise that being needy aint that bad! grin grin grin grin

Needfully so my brother, needfully so! grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2009
whitelexi:

Needfully so my brother, needfully so! grin grin grin

LOL cheesy cheesy

You are so 'needfully' funny!!
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by elelem(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2009
I dont think there is any thing wrong with a lady popping up the question if she so desires .
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by henryhemon(m): 5:23pm On Sep 17, 2009
it is called maturity,it is not a bad thing.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by MissyB1(m): 5:36pm On Sep 17, 2009
E'hugh!!
So proposing equals maturity and who doesn't is immature? shocked
You people sef!!
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by henryhemon(m): 5:50pm On Sep 17, 2009
@missy B
it shows she knows what she want and she went for it.thats y its maturity
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by MissyB1(m): 6:04pm On Sep 17, 2009
If I bump into Colin Farrell for the 1st time and ask him to marry me,
I'm immediately seen as a matured person even tho I might have spent all my life being and acting like a tot? undecided

There's a difference btw Bravery and maturity.

Neways, t's Your opinion . . . .atleast, there's freedom to that. smiley
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by henryhemon(m): 6:13pm On Sep 17, 2009
@missy b,
She might not ve bumped into him,she must taken time to study him before she made her move.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by MissyB1(m): 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2009
I understand that. What I'm saying is . . . . . .
Knowing what You want and going for it doesn't equal maturity. Bravery? Prolly.

No qualms tho . . . .Carry on wiff the topic as I wouldn't
want to derail the thread any further. smiley
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by Fiona0007: 9:50pm On Sep 17, 2009
Freedom of expression! smiley
It's probably not how a lady wants if she can help it.
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by ritaNL: 10:08pm On Sep 17, 2009
I cant and I wont. I'm not a spring chicken. grin
Re: Is It Right For A Lady To Propose To A Guy? by koolchicco: 10:10pm On Sep 17, 2009
rita@NL:

I cant and I wont. I'm not a spring chicken. grin

Why wont you?I thought u said u loved me. angry grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Your Most Suitable/preferred/romantic Location For A Date. . / Women Are Evil / Guys Will You~~~

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.