Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,106 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks (39129 Views)

Escoba Smith Buys His Pastor 2017 Toyota Prado As Birthday Gift (Photos) / Police Seal Ogun Celestial Church Where 9 Year Old Boy Was Chained (photos) / Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by lalasticlala(m): 9:56pm On Jul 24, 2016
Boy, 9, chained by pastor father speaks: ‘I don’t want to go back to my father, nobody gave me food’

A nine-year-old boy, Korede Taiwo, who was chained by his father for months, has narrated his heart-rending experience to SUNDAY PUNCH.

Korede’s father, Francis Taiwo, was said to be the pastor in charge of Key of Joy Celestial Church of Christ, Ajibawo area in Atan Ota, Ado-Odo Ota Local Government Area of Ogun State.

The boy told our correspondent that he would not want to live with his father and step-mother again.

He said, ‘‘I was not fed regularly when I was chained. My father and my step-mother only fed me twice a day. Some days, I was not given any food. I want to go back to school because I want to be a doctor in the future. I also do not want to go back to my father’s house.’’

The boy was rescued on Friday by men of the Nigerian Security and Civil Defence Corps alongside officers from the Ogun State Command attached to the Onipanu Division, Ota, inside a room where his father, who is now on the run, chained him.

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that the pastor’s neighbours alerted the security agents to the incident and they swung into action.

It was further gathered that Korede allegedly always stole and usually ran away from home.

These acts, SUNDAY PUNCH learnt, made his father to believe he was ‘possessed’ and he started chaining him since January in an attempt to cast out the supposed ‘spirit’ in him.

Sometime in May, Francis was said to have taken Korede to a river with the chain on his neck for a deliverance bath.

Speaking further, Korede admitted that he stole many times in the neighbourhood and also stole a pot of soup in his father’s house.

He said, ‘‘It is true that I stole a pot of soup and bowl of eba in our house. I also stole in the neighbourhood. My father’s inability to give money to my step-mother for the upkeep of the family caused it. But I promised not to go back to my old ways.’’

He also told our correspondent that he no longer attended any school because he was caught trying to steal from a food vendor in school.

Korede added that he was a pupil in Onse Community Primary School near Ajibawo, before he was withdrawn recently.

‘‘I still want to return to school. I want to be a medical doctor, ’’ he said.

Speaking to SUNDAY PUNCH, Korede’s step-mother, identified as Kehinde, who is nursing a two-month-old baby, said she had warned her husband many times to desist from the nature of discipline he was meting out to Korede.

She said, “I usually warned him concerning the way he chained Korede. I had reported him to his twin brother, Kehinde, who lives in Ota, and I also reported to a friend of his.

“When the two talked to him, he would relax a bit, but as soon as they left, he would return to his old ways.”

She stated that she did not know the whereabouts of her husband, adding that they were both from the Republic of Benin.

“We got married three years ago but I learnt that he was once married to a woman from Benin, Edo State. The woman,I was told, bore him four children- two boys and two girls. I only saw the woman in a picture, I have never met her physically. She was said to have left nine years ago, shortly after she gave birth to Korede,” she added.

According to her, she has never maltreated Korede in any way. She said, “All I have been doing is to beg him to stop stealing, as such act does not portray the family in good light.”

The Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Muyiwa Adejobi, told SUNDAY PUNCH that the police had launched a manhunt for the fleeing pastor, adding that the Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone 2 Command, Abdulmajid Ali, had taken over the matter.

He said, “The police operatives of the command attached to the Onipanu Division rescued Korede from where he was chained on the neck to a heavy log of wood in a room by his biological father, Pastor Francis Taiwo, for more than a month.

“The stepmother of Korede, Kehinde, who has been arrested by the police, revealed that Korede’s father’s cruel act was connected with the habit of stealing exhibited by Korede.

“The Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of zone 2 Command, Lagos, who is presently on the ground in Ogun State, Abdulmajid Ali, has condemned the pastor’s criminal and inhuman act and directed that the matter be properly handled, while the fleeing pastor be apprehended without delay.

“The AIG has ordered that the young boy be given proper medical attention. He will soon be handed over to the Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development in Ogun State for necessary action.”

http://punchng.com/starved-months-boy-chained-dad/

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by ThrillmeatRep(f): 10:00pm On Jul 24, 2016
Yaaaaaaaay!!!!
FTC on lala's thread

Dedicated to all chasing FTC.
Your time ll surely come in Jesus name.

To God be the glory for great things He has done

I dey find dispatch rider

https://www.nairaland.com/3245604/dispatch-riders-needed

Modified

Parents need to know that children ve rights.
Africans don't respect that.

Feeding, clothing, shelter and education is a child's right. Chaining is not part of upbringing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 10:01pm On Jul 24, 2016
[size=14pt]The Father, The Mother and The Pastor.
All of them combined,

Tetanus dey their brain lipsrsealed[/size]

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by MissSlimbody(f): 10:04pm On Jul 24, 2016
This World is so messed up embarassedembarassed

13 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by wisestman(m): 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
angry
Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by Pranxta(m): 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
Some folks where born mentally insane...
That pastor,his step wife and church members most likely possess the same demon in them.

3 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by Flashh: 10:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
Heart of man is full of evil.

10 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by davodyguy: 10:06pm On Jul 24, 2016
Even though I want to condemn the pastor, but there's something devilish about this boy.

At age 9, he has been stealing like this, boys like him ends up becoming Anini, Oyenusi and Boko haram/Niger Delta Scavenger.

Serious something should be done about this child.
How many of his school mates would he have stolen from? Countless I should guess.

Being bold enough to steal EBA andnpot of stew? Na wa oo.

I'm reading a post now which says bibles aren't allowed in schools anymore, but allowed in the prison.

The post further stated that If the children were trained with the bibles, they wouldn't have ended up in the prison. I agree with this. Among children, there definitely could be one Judas, and whilst young, they have to mold them away from vices, so that when they grow, they grow in the right way

Anyway, he should be rehabilitated and watched carefully

Whilst we grew up back then, there were some terrible kids that were notorious in class. Their parents do all they can to support, but they're not like the biblical Samuel at all.

I had a cousin too, who normally stole from everyone back in the early 90s, despite being fed very well and given stipends. He continued such a terrible act until a strong deliverance was done on him sometime in 1997. He eventually stopped that act. Married now with 2 kids and staying in Dublin.kids should be watched and trained properly, including chastisement mildly to correct them back to track

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 10:07pm On Jul 24, 2016
ThrillmeatRep:
Yaaaaaaaay!!!!
FTC on lala's thread

Dedicated to all chasing FTC.
Your time ll surely come in Jesus name.

To God be the glory for great things He has done

I dey find dispatch rider

https://www.nairaland.com/3245604/dispatch-riders-needed
. Your mates are thanking God for getting married.

You dey here dey thank God for FTC undecided

Don't forget to share this testimony next week Sunday lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by DIKEnaWAR: 10:08pm On Jul 24, 2016
Animals in human cloth! Animal e wear agbada!...
Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by dejavubobo1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 24, 2016
if a child could be treated like ds fr stealing soup, then our polithifians should be tied with chain & thrown in a river

13 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by bannykel: 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
MissSlimbody:
This World is so messed up embarassedembarassed

really messed up
Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by nairaschool01(m): 10:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
see watin thief cause maybe I go tire segun like dat mk he stop to dey steal my money
Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by ThrillmeatRep(f): 10:14pm On Jul 24, 2016
IffaCatchYouEhn:
. Your mates are thanking God for getting married.

You dey here dey thank God for FTC undecided

Don't forget to share this testimony next week Sunday lipsrsealed

I'm sure u ve plans to change my marital status Ewu!!!

12 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by TheFreeOne: 10:15pm On Jul 24, 2016
Chai....a father did that to his own son

What wickedness, inhumanity, insensibility to a fellow being due to stealing. Isn't it ironic that a father who need deliverance and psychiatric help wanted to cast out demon from a child that's in need of food, care and affection

Gosh..... Some parents are a disgrace to parenthood.

2 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by lamideee(f): 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
Wicked father,he is the one who needs deliverance.

1 Like

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by Briteiyobo1(m): 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
It's all Bubu 's fault. Economy down turn.
Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by d4guy: 10:16pm On Jul 24, 2016
Sometimes I feel God made a huge mistake putting humans in charge of this beautiful world, I think baboons would have performed better . wickedness in high places sad
Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by salabscholar01(m): 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
You don't reproduce just because you have the ability to do so. We must learn to reproduce only when we have the ability to take charge... The boy was not born to steal. Newton's law of motion; ''to a manifestation of every action, there's equal and opposite reaction.'' the boy started thinking in either ways because he needed to survive... Zero upbringing on him by the parents. Don't blame the boy for his acts... Blame the parents.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by izzou(m): 10:20pm On Jul 24, 2016
Briteiyobo1:
It's all Bubu 's fault. Economy down turn.

4 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by oloriooko(m): 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
davodyguy:
Even though I want to condemn the pastor, but there's something devilish about this boy.

At age 9, he has been stealing like this, boys like him ends up becoming Anini, Oyenusi and Boko haram/Niger Delta Scavenger.

How many of his school mates would he have stolen from? Countless I should guess.

Being bold enough to steal EBA andnpot of stew? Na wa oo

Anyway, he should be rehabilitate d and watched carefully
So if a child steals your prescribed remedy is to chain him like an animal in the name of deliverance? Are you listening to yourself at all?
The child stole because the so called father could not take care of his family. Chaining a 9 year old boy like that is a big crime
Look at the skinny boy! Wickedness everywhere

32 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by happydays1(m): 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
NCAN, confirm na them again oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by KingRex1(m): 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
Poor child
Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 10:21pm On Jul 24, 2016
ThrillmeatRep:

I'm sure u ve plans to change my marital status Ewu!!!
undecided undecided
I don't get
Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jul 24, 2016
The boy developed his stealing habit as a result of the constant hunger he was always been subjected to. Am sure that any other good child in his shoes Will without doubt do same.God have mercy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by bllaster: 10:23pm On Jul 24, 2016
So they are from Benin republic. shocked shocked shocked We need to do something fast about our porus border.
Tomorrow this type of people will claim to be Nigerians and start to argue with SS/SE online and guess what, the yorubas will support them over fellow Nigerians. So pathetic i tell ya

6 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by sunnyfats: 10:24pm On Jul 24, 2016
Please try and understand that there are several reasons a child engages in stealing, and one of it is lack of food or provision, some pple criticise their children for doing bad, when they are the cause of the wrongdoing so.pls do not judge, some things are 1+1. I don't believe there is anything devilish about him. Meanwhile, if all the street touts, theifs, prostitutes etc exerienced true family love, most of them won't end up that way.
I just wonder where the boys real mother is.
This is a good lesson for parents. The pastor was starving the boy, and the boy started stealing (mainly food), and the pastor kept punishing the boy by starving him more.How can the boy change

All we embarassedneed is mor love,

davodyguy:

12 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by andyanders: 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
davodyguy:

Do not condemn the boy with your above statement. As little as he is, hunger has driven him to whatever thing he has done at that age. If you were privileged to be feed with silver spoon, most innocent children roam about while on hunger. Remember that his biological mother has not been with him as a rush of maybe the hunger, he can do anything.
Pray not to be in his own situation.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by yashedabai(m): 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2016
Should that happened to be an Imam that committed this merciless act, see how the comments will be.... ... But now that it is a pastor no one is linking him with his religion talkless of taking the advantage of that to say some bad things about his religion...

What i beleive is that, there are bad people everywhere and whoever did wrong lies on his shoulders and no concern of his belief.....

6 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by davodyguy: 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
oloriooko:

So if a child steals your prescribed remedy is to chain him like an animal in the name of deliverance? Are you listening to yourself at all?
The child stole because the so called father could not take care of his family. Chaining a 9 year old boy like that is a big crime
Look at the skinny boy! Wickedness everywhere
Some of you folks post, without even understanding what you're responding to.
Where in my post did I support him being chained or gave the father a thumbs up?

1 Like

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by ceda99: 10:32pm On Jul 24, 2016
davodyguy:

U need to be traced, beaten and arrested for posting this rubbish. because u seem like sme1 who will starve a kid and den chain him for stealing mere eba & soup out of hunger. Ewu

13 Likes

Re: Korede Taiwo Who Was Chained In Ogun By His Pastor Father Speaks by omohlexy: 10:33pm On Jul 24, 2016
whoever is rehabilitating this boy should watch him closely else he or she will.end up hanging the boy on a cross. apparently the father didnt want to raise a thief tho his approach was wrong. according to the boy in spite of being punished they were still feeding him twice. how many families still afford 2 meals a day ? there is stealing in the boy's blood . i feel for the fraustrated dad who is now on the run cos he has a thief as a son

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Folu Adeboye 72nd Birthday: Pastor Adeboye Kisses His Wife With Special Message / "Crippled Man Rises & Walks At A Catholic Church In Anambra" - Lady Claims (Pics / Chris Okotie: Social Distancing In Church Is Like Blasphemous Infidelity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.