Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,721 members, 7,955,702 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:22 PM

Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months (9167 Views)

Tafa Balogun Arrived Court In Handcuffs (Throwback Pic) / Photos: Ex-Police IG, Tafa Balogun Celebrates Wife's 60th Birthday / Ibru, George, Others To Lose National Honours • Tafa Balogun, Erastus Akingbola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by Akolawole(m): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2005
Razor,
How i go be him boy.
Some people don thief for Naija wey we no even get kobo from them.
I mean, Tafa own be good thing.
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by Odeku(m): 3:11pm On Nov 29, 2005
SIR KAY you have a point, But they surely put a dent into his pocket
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by CimonJorr(m): 7:30pm On Nov 29, 2005
Regarding the Tafa case, I agree 6 months is puny compared with the volume of cash he was alleged to have ripped-off.. I guess the prosecution didn't make a very good case during the trial.. Another perspective is that Tafa's case was a case of embezzlement... I guess he was not directly accused of taking a life or any other capital crime, hence the lack of severity of his sentence.. I hope he's made to forfeit his illegally acquired assets before he comes out of prison..
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by Akolawole(m): 8:10pm On Nov 29, 2005
OK, which one do we prefer ?
1) 6 years jail and all his loot kept privately in western World.

OR

2) All his looted millions of naira and properties recovered and 6 months jail.
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by pie1ect(m): 1:14am On Nov 30, 2005
@ Akolawole
You seem to be taking this guy's offence with a pinch of salt.
Let me put it into context for you.Tafa Balogun was the "I-G of our country's police force and as such was in charge of the nation's premier security apparatus. His actions defnitely had adverse effects (pages 42/43)   on the police force and that amounts to undermining the[b] nation's [/b] security. During his tenure, Nigeria lost some prominent figures, ala Bola Ige, Harry Marshall, to name a few. It was also during his tenure that the Anambra saga began. The Anambra issue ultimately led to the death of AIG Raphael Ige( who was the unfortunate pawn  to be sacrificed). At the same time, we had different organisations going on strike for one reason or another(mainly because of cash-strap), while the man took pleasure in scraping whatever he could.
He deserves nothing less than 40 years in Kirikiri prisons, instead he gets 6 months less 67 days. Just imagine that our country would still have the services of these great men to call on, when needed, if we had a useful police force at the time. Instead, more than 3 years after their assasinations, Nigerians don't even know if the case is still on file. I fear the way we are heading if some Nigerians cannot see that this ruling is indeed an insult on Nigeria and Nigerians, in fact.
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by omon(m): 9:49pm On Nov 30, 2005
Lets not be too oquickk to judge..the last of Balogun has not been heard. He is to re-appear in court again to answer a charge against him for laundering about 4billion naira. He might get more years this time.
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by Akolawole(m): 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2005
Pie1ect, i am not a lawyer, i 've got no clue why the judge arrive at that decision.
What of if we don't CATCH this man.
We all know there's plenty of public officer who steal in our country?
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by Swish(m): 11:44pm On Nov 30, 2005
that's only the official police money he stole oooo. Now add money from "roger" (for y'all who don't know wat it is consult a nigerian pidgin english dictionary) + money 4rm "oga thank you"
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by Odeku(m): 4:48pm On Dec 06, 2005
By the nature of the crime you know this man is a Yoruba man. Hausa man will open a swiss bank account and keep the money there like abacha and coo
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by Greatpeter(m): 10:10pm On Dec 11, 2005
The punishment meted for him was too small for the offence he committed.
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by vichel(m): 4:12pm On Dec 29, 2005
Six months?? angry angry He got only six months for all the money he stole. Lil kim lied and she got one year, but a theif, and ass......., a hooligan stole the people's money and he only got six months. When a regular guy steals a piece of bread, they cut his hand. The Nigerian Justice system is a total and complete joke. SIX MONTHS?? angry sad angry sad
Re: Inspector-General Tafa Balogun Convicted: Jailed For Six Months by veltany: 3:05pm On Dec 19, 2015
i remember

(1) (2) (Reply)

War Looms In South America! / Should Suntai Be Approved To Resume As Governor? / Video :- How Tambuwal Was Bundle Into Hallowed Chambers!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.