Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,854 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area (24175 Views)

Senate Rejects Ahmad Bello Mahmud, Buhari’s Nominee For REC Over Citizenship / Nnamdi Kanu's Bail Signed By Jewish Rabbi & Enyinnaya Abaribe In Abuja (Photos) / "Scrap Senate" - Aliyu Saidu Abubakar, Nominee For NCC Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by Nobody: 9:57am On Jul 25, 2016
The senator talks as if his opinion counts for anything. If it doesn't sit well with him he can make his own nomination
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by Sheggy13(m): 9:57am On Jul 25, 2016
dejavski:
With all the neglects that we get from federal appointments despite our own contributions to this country th least this man can do is to appoint our own son(ilaje) to the board.

It makes no sense to me that an owo man will speak on behalf of the ilajes/ijaws in the oil producing regions on the board of the NDDC.
Are they telling us that we have no competent person from our side Haba!!
Just imagine. Is Buhari saying he can't find a competent Ilaje/Ese-Odo man to represent Ondo state on the NDDC board. What an aberration. How can an Owo man be representing the interests of Ilaje communities in Ondo state. This is how we have always been sidelined in the politics of the state and at the federal level,despite being solely responsible for the huge allocation Ondo state is earning,otherwise Ondo state will be in the class of the likes of Osun and Ekiti in terms of federal allocation. Same nonsense Buhari did when he made an Ikale man the Minister for state for Niger Delta Affairs when we have Ilaje people on ground.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by naptu2: 10:02am On Jul 25, 2016
kropotkin2:
The senator talks as if his opinion counts for anything. If it doesn't sit well with him he can make his own nomination

His opinion counts. The nominees must be confirmed by the Senate. He has a vote during the confirmation process and this is part of his campaign to get other senators to support him.

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by tundexijim(m): 10:04am On Jul 25, 2016
macolino:
Even the one representing Imo State is not from oil producing area.. Senator Osita Izunaso.Buhari should learn to respect the law.

Did the law state it that the person must come from the LG where oil is produced or from the state where oil is produced...
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by Sheggy13(m): 10:04am On Jul 25, 2016
whotiedthegoat:
Maybe they don't have literate people in those local governments, because fishing to them is what herding is to Fulani's cheesy
Your statement is an insult to the entire populace of Ilaje/Ese-Odo LGAs and I don't blame you. It's nairaland I blame for giving people like you a platform to showcase your stupidity. These are LGAs with appreciable numbers of academics with PhDs lecturing in various institutions across the country and successful people in the industry and all walks of life. By the grace of God, I'm from one of the LGAs and I'm a masters degree holder striving for a PhD. If that doesn't count as being literate for you, then I'm sorry I can't help your daftness.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 25, 2016
naptu2:

His opinion counts. The nominees must be confirmed by the Senate. He has a vote during the confirmation process and this is part of his campaign to get other senators to support him.
An inconsequential minority vote. The nomination will scale through whether he likes it or not
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by Nobody: 10:11am On Jul 25, 2016
This is sweet nonsense.
anonimi:

I thought that everyone, including Buhari, is corrupt.
Why don't you find something else to say so that you can be taken serious?
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by ngenec: 10:14am On Jul 25, 2016
let's watch and see the season films in Nigeria present administration
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by anonimi: 10:22am On Jul 25, 2016
GenBuhari:
This is sweet nonsense.

How do you mean, sir?
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by networkrecharg: 10:23am On Jul 25, 2016
This NDDC is zoned by state oil producer....

Let the distribution of wealth continue...

There should not be monopoly of Resources until the country is divided real pieces of units.

Eat and Let Others Eat....

macolino:
Even the one representing Imo State is not from oil producing area.. Senator Osita Izunaso.Buhari should learn to respect the law.
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by eleko1: 10:23am On Jul 25, 2016
Sheggy13:

Just imagine. Is Buhari saying he can't find a competent Ilaje/Ese-Odo man to represent Ondo state on the NDDC board. What an aberration. How can an Owo man be representing the interests of Ilaje communities in Ondo state. This is how we have always been sidelined in the politics of the state and at the federal level,despite being solely responsible for the huge allocation Ondo state is earning,otherwise Ondo state will be in the class of the likes of Osun and Ekiti in terms of federal allocation. Same nonsense Buhari did when he made an Ikale man the Minister for state for Niger Delta Affairs when we have Ilaje people on ground.
una just dey read una own upside down.is Owo in Oyo/Osun state now?.OIL PRODUCING STATR NOT LOCAL GOVT AREA. I tire oo
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by derbywarls(m): 10:25am On Jul 25, 2016
dejavski:

Really? Then why can't the entire Ondo students apply for the undergraduate Osopadec scholarship if it applies to the whole state

It is called ondo state oil producing area development commission. This is within the state my brother. So there's no comparison
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by networkrecharg: 10:25am On Jul 25, 2016
This NDDC is zoned by oil producing states not oil producing community or kindred ....

There should not be monopoly of Resources until the country is divided real pieces of units.

macolino:
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by whotiedthegoat: 10:27am On Jul 25, 2016
Sheggy13:

Your statement is an insult to the entire populace of Ilaje/Ese-Odo LGAs and I don't blame you. It's nairaland I blame for giving people like you a platform to showcase your stupidity. These are LGAs with appreciable numbers of academics with PhDs lecturing in various institutions across the country and successful people in the industry and all walks of life. By the grace of God, I'm from one of the LGAs and I'm a masters degree holder striving for a PhD. If that doesn't count as being literate for you, then I'm sorry I can't help your daftness.
lol.
Why take life so serious? You should have noticed the irony in the write up cheesy
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by derbywarls(m): 10:28am On Jul 25, 2016
Pls don't prosecute me. Since the inception of democracy, ilaje ese odo has always voted for PDP. Even the current senator representing the area is PDP. So why do you wanna reap where you did not sow
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by sundayamazing3: 10:28am On Jul 25, 2016
Where is Senator Yele Omogunwa of Ondo South to agitated for his people? A bench warmer senator. Omo ALE!
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 25, 2016
I cannot make sense of what you posted.
anonimi:

How do you mean, sir?
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by Reference(m): 10:31am On Jul 25, 2016
lafuria1:

Help me ask o,
It clearly says states, not oil producing village,
The people appointed are from the state, the senator problem is that they are not from the village or town the oil is sited which is unbelievable because that isn't what the law says.

Oga. The NDDC is an INTERVENTION agency created to address problems of infrastructural and socio-economic deficit in oil producing communities across the Delta. Can you know the problems to intervene in if you are not from the communities. Can you speak their language. Do you understand their culture. Can you sit at their town halls. Will they listen to you. If you can't then what is the point, the objective of the NDDC.
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by ancientbanana: 10:32am On Jul 25, 2016
YourNemesis:
lol.... Only one tiny local government (Ukwa West) produces oil in all of Abia? about 2 teaspoons.
I thought IPAD said all of Abia is a massive untapped oil tanker waiting to be explored...... mofos.
How does ur comment relate to the news above. Hate reduces common sense.
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by ancientbanana: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2016
EmmaOgbu:
Mr Senator, EFCC, DSS, Police, ICPC, and ARMY will soon visit you. Don't run away.
and is that a good thing? So he can not speak his mind again abi, because the tyrant is on the throne. Mtcheww

2 Likes

Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by Reference(m): 10:34am On Jul 25, 2016
networkrecharg:
This NDDC is zoned by oil producing states not oil producing community or kindred ....

It is not for DISTRIBUTION, the NDDC is for INTERVENTION. To address problems. It is he who wears the shoe that knows where it pinches.
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by networkrecharg: 10:39am On Jul 25, 2016
[size20pt]I meant distribution of personnel opportunities not contracts...

If one area get the appointment this tenure... Than another area should get the next slot...

Say no to monopoly[/size]

Reference:

It is not for DISTRIBUTION, the NDDC is for INTERVENTION. To address problems. It is he who wears the shoe that knows where it pinches.
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by monex(m): 10:52am On Jul 25, 2016
Udmaster:
The Title Of This Thread Is Misleading. Lalasticlala do something pls.
Abaribe is talking about Abia Own while Ilaje People are rejecting the Ondo nominee.
exactly. the title insults the Senator's intelligence
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by SamMilla1(m): 10:59am On Jul 25, 2016
BlackSeptember:
Ore is in Ondo state but its not an oil producing community. Stop spilling your ignorance here

He/it/she is a programmed robot designed to counter anything that opposes Buhari.
Their number one mission is not to understand before arguing.
They are about 100 of them on nairaland.
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by Sheggy13(m): 11:07am On Jul 25, 2016
eleko1:
una just dey read una own upside down.is Owo in Oyo/Osun state now?.OIL PRODUCING STATR NOT LOCAL GOVT AREA. I tire oo
Ask questions if you don't know something instead of ignorantly dabbling into issues you don't have much information on. The act establishing NDDC, NDDC Act 2000 section 2 clearly states that representatives of the states constituting the Board of the NDDC shall be indigenes of oil producing areas, and that is why people like the respectable senator and eminent lawyer Adegboruwa are taking up this issue with the FG.. I'm sure you don't know more than them.. emphasis is on oil producing areas not state. That is why other Presidents before Buhari have never made this stupid mistake of nominating anyone outside Ilaje/Ese-Odo LGAs to the NDDC board, but as the tyrant he is, he has again demonstrated he cares about the rule of law as he had done with his other skewed federal appointments.

1 Like

Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by poiu77: 11:10am On Jul 25, 2016
grin

Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by sallyzan(f): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2016
Our president making the same mistake over and over and over again.
When is he gonna learn
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by kelvin003: 11:14am On Jul 25, 2016
Vikings007:
The law said an oil producing "state". Provided they are from that state, I think PMB has done no wrong. Abi na oil producing local govt dey the act?
Section 2 (1b) provides that ‘one person who shall be [b]an indigene of an oil [/b]producing area to represent each of the nine oil producing states, that is, Abia, Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Cross-River, Delta, Edo, Imo, Ondo and Rivers’ The nominee must come from an oil producing area of the state. That's the law.
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by dawtune(m): 11:14am On Jul 25, 2016
Sheggy13:

Ask questions if you don't know something instead of ignorantly dabbling into issues you don't have much information on. The act establishing NDDC, NDDC Act 2000 section 2 clearly states that representatives of the states constituting the Board of the NDDC shall be indigenes of oil producing areas, and that is why people like the respectable senator and eminent lawyer Adegboruwa are taking up this issue with the FG.. I'm sure you don't know more than them.. emphasis is on oil producing areas not state. That is why other Presidents before Buhari have never made this stupid mistake of nominating anyone outside Ilaje/Ese-Odo LGAs to the NDDC board, but as the tyrant he is, he has again demonstrated he cares about the rule of law as he had done with his other skewed federal appointments.
You are the one that is stupid. Appointments are nominated at the state level by the party, and sent to the president. The president has no hand in nominating candidates. The problem is directly from the state level. I wonder how some Nigerians think sha.
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by dawtune(m): 11:23am On Jul 25, 2016
Sheggy13:

Or are you telling me that the president knows all those he appoints in his government? Hell NO!!!...
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by MasterofdRolls1(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2016
Bolustic:
Same Senator Abaribe called for PMB's jugular; suggested the motion for impeachment. So sure DSS & EFCC will be watching him like a fish in an aquarium.

Senator Abaribe aka Otuonu, is a very strong man, you don't play with him anyhow, else, what you see, you take.
Re: Abaribe Rejects Donatus Eyinnah As NDDC Nominee For Being From Non-oil Area by Sheggy13(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2016
dawtune:
You are the one that is stupid. Appointments are nominated at the state level by the party, and sent to the president. The president has no hand in nominating candidates. The problem is directly from the state level. I wonder how some Nigerians think sha.
You must be a fool for quoting me and using the word stupid, when I didn't quote you in the first instance. I'm not on your level to join issues with kids like you.This issue has been in contention for about a week and the President is yet to change his stance or make any statement if truly he is ready to abide by the rule of law and make amends after it's obvious the APC in Ondo decided to err knowingly by picking an Owo man who's not from the oil-producing area. If you follow my comments, you'd know I'm not a PDP or GEJ-apologist but rather being on the side of Buhari until he started misbehaving lately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wawa-Zange Grazing Reserve: Gombe Governor, Inuwa Provides Modern Facilities / Bayelsa Monarch 'Progress-Never-Die' Struggling For His Life In Hospital(Pic / Remember Me, Pray For Me - Soulja-boi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.