Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants (28020 Views)

Armed Fulani Herdsmen Engage Soldiers In Gun Battle In Benue. Photos / Dreaded Cult Leader 'Stainless' Killed In Gun Battle In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Notorious Armed Robber With Charm Killed By SARS After Gun Battle. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by Oeakin: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
laksides:
Militants causing chaos around imose and totowu waterside are currentling on gun rampage with policemen and soldiers. According to report now is that one police attached with igando police station is down already with a stray bullet from the militants.
Please anybody on his route along lasu iba express road should just restrict now.
More to follow.....
Mods, pls do the needful to save souls

I just came back, from that side ,this is true I saw lot of ammunition vehicles and mobile policemen there. the street to that place was deserted.
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by laksides: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
Chucks234:

In as much as I don't condone violence can you please stop misleading readers on nairaland with the word "militants". Question is how do you know they are militants, have you been in contact with any of them before? It surprising how you came to the conclusion that they are militants during a gun duel. The moderators on nairaland should properly verify a post before it's allowed on this forum.
Bro, they are militants, they have been terrorizing imose and totowu communities for the past month now, they blocked the waterside that no one is dare to cross over, they are terrorizing because of oil bunkry happening in that communities
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by AxeurdaddyIX: 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
it was at Ewedogbon, not Iba. visit punchng. com for details

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by munas: 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
kolmart:
Our OPC are toothless dog, what are they still looking for this is not the first time those bastard will storm yoruba land and kill people, but our OPC keep silent is Gani Adams for pipeline survailance alone? OPC over to you proof your worth

You just type trash without knowing what is on ground.
They are yoruba boys vandalizing pipelines along the water side in that area.They are not from Nigerdelta

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by munas: 3:10pm On Jul 26, 2016
laksides:

Bro, they are militants, they have been terrorizing imose and totowu communities for the past month now, they blocked the waterside that no one is dare to cross over, they are terrorizing because of oil bunkry happening in that communities

They are pipeline vandals...a mixture of yoruba and ilaje boys.Nothing like niger delta militants

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by kings09(m): 3:15pm On Jul 26, 2016
Wats buhari n ambode thr for? Or was it OPC u voted for? Maybe I shld take dis as a confirmation u v lost faith in d current govt.
joborskill:
OPC should please wipe out these militants

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by laksides: 3:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
munas:

They are pipeline vandals...a mixture of yoruba and ilaje boys.Nothing like niger delta militants
Nope, you can't understand and I don't want to say more on social media.
Presently, RRS helicopter is hoving on the sky around the area now
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by baresywood(m): 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2016
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by munas: 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2016
laksides:

Nope, you can't understand and I don't want to say more on social media.
Presently, RRS helicopter is hoving on the sky around the area now

Need not understand...i live arround there too.
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by tymgotel: 3:34pm On Jul 26, 2016
tonio2wo:
All this places u just mentioned, is it in nigeria? undecided
not all all. Is a BIAFRA land
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by enomakos(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2016
GEJisBOKO:
These are the Ijaw Militants that have been causing chaos in the riverine communitis of Lagos and Ogun state for months now. The Ijaw Militants kidnapped the Oniba of Oba some days ago
do you have evidence?
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by virus05(m): 4:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

Stop peddling lies......

Its all these cult boys thats making that area boil and nothing of Ijaw is the cause of the chaos and clashes in that area. The Institutions on that road not having hostels within there campus creates alot of clashes among rival gangs coupled with the fact that street gangs also have there own territory. Its an avenue known for crime, gang wars, robbery and rape. And not Ijaw militants.
I too know. Cult boys ko cult boys ni. are cultists that trained to exchange fire with soldiers and gun down a policeman. use brain u no go use. militants are there and u cant change it
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by shamecurls(m): 4:28pm On Jul 26, 2016
virus05:
I too know. Cult boys ko cult boys ni. are cultists that trained to exchange fire with soldiers and gun down a policeman. use brain u no go use. militants are there and u cant change it

If you dont stay in the area, then keep quite

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by tonio2wo: 4:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
tymgotel:
not all all. Is a BIAFRA land
Oh! Really?
Oya carry ur ogó waka.
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
tdayof:
stop the lies please. The Nigerian police doesn't operate armoured tanks. Our territorial integrity is not threatened so the armoured tank issue is out of it please. Very soon you will say the Airforce already deployed F-7's
b4 u try being skeptical abt his comment, y nt try guess what he meant. nigerians seem to call all amoured trucks they see as armoured tanks. what they actually mean is an APC, which is armoured personnel carrier. the nigerian police has alot of those.

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by Obinovictor(m): 6:04pm On Jul 26, 2016
enomakos:
do you have evidence?

How do you mean sir?
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by enomakos(m): 6:22pm On Jul 26, 2016
Obinovictor:

How do you mean sir?
the op said they are militants do he have evidence to proof it?
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by Obinovictor(m): 6:48pm On Jul 26, 2016
enomakos:
the op said they are militants do he have evidence to proof it?

Well, I didn't see them either but who do you think the are? . Please don't say they are cultists because they're not.
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by OlujobaSamuel: 8:36pm On Jul 26, 2016
to all disputing their identities, they are ijaw militants, they were formerly into illegal bunkering, since soldiers were deployed few months ago, they retreated, and later turned to bank robbery, they were not successful enough, they now attack houses close to the riverine areas, robbing, raping and kidnapping their victims. if you don't live there, you don't have to say rubbish online.

1 Like

Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by OlujobaSamuel: 8:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

I stay there, they are not cultists. They are ijaw militants, they won't even allow you come too close if they noticed you are not their tribesmen, they will only chat and allow stay with them at the river bank, they won't take you to their abode inside the forest/creek.
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by OlujobaSamuel: 8:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
munas:

bro they are not mostly ilaje, although some are ilaje, the awori married people from the ilaje, since they share the similar river heritage, they(ijaw) were able to come in through them. They celebrated ijaw day last year, they even played a gala match with the youths, they invited an artist from bayelsa, all instruments was brought from outside Lagos. There is an ijaw man that never knew what was going on in the area because he is a traveller, so he was even asking if there is any ijaw group or association in the area because of the songs he heard.
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by zicoy6k: 10:37pm On Jul 26, 2016
This has been going on for more than a month now and nothing has been done by the Lagos State and Ogun state government and security operatives. A lot of people have been killed and people are quiet about it. I just came to visit my parents and found out all these have been happening. I am surprised nobody spoke out and never heard of it in the news and was about creating a thread for it before I saw this news. The Totou town in Ogun state which is separated from Igando by a swamp river has been deserted. People of Isuti road are living in constant fear. It is a pity the Government cannot protect lives. It is even worse that people are not speaking out. I think the fellow who said there was something wrong with the South-west is correct. Please, if you are aware of these activities of militants in Igando speak out using every medium possible. Lagos is under serious terrorist threat and nothing is being done.
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by virus05(m): 11:30pm On Jul 26, 2016
shamecurls:

shurrup. vanguard don talk say na militants. oya go beat vanguard na
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by shamecurls(m): 3:06am On Jul 27, 2016
virus05:
shurrup. vanguard don talk say na militants. oya go beat vanguard na

Hello! Keep quite
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by Nobody: 4:32am On Jul 27, 2016
I feel lipsrsealed then tongue then then angry then smiley the cheesy then grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by Nobody: 4:35am On Jul 27, 2016
zicoy6k:
This has been going on for more than a month now and
nothing has been done by the Lagos State and Ogun state
government and security operatives. A lot of people have
been killed and people are quiet about it. I just came to visit
my parents and found out all these have been happening. I
am surprised nobody spoke out and never heard of it in the
news and was about creating a thread for it before I saw
this news. The Totou town in Ogun state which is separated
from Igando by a swamp river has been deserted. People of
Isuti road are living in constant fear. It is a pity the
Government cannot protect lives. It is even worse that
people are not speaking out. I think the fellow who said
there was something wrong with the South-west is correct.
Please, if you are aware of these activities of militants in
Igando speak out using every medium possible. Lagos is
under serious terrorist threat and nothing is being done.
The Niger Delta people in Lagos have said they will kill and kill. So why is anyone crying foul?!

Waiting for the next person below me to start asking me for sources
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by enomakos(m): 10:38am On Jul 27, 2016
Obinovictor:

Well, I didn't see them either but who do you think the are? . Please don't say they are cultists because they're not.
they are armed robbers
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by Dirtydog: 11:43am On Jul 27, 2016
joborskill:
OPC should please wipe out these militants

OPC ke dem don chop dodo dem mouth don reject ododo.... OPC are nw impotent dey dnt av jaz again jare imagine Ganiu Adams tellin us dt they won't gt de themselves involve in militant issues haaa e pain my granpa don die ask anybody 4 Lagos Island Aturamu aka Ewu osi (no wahala) d way he single handedly dealt wt all those Egun bastrd distubing dem on Island. D records r there "taloje omo aperin niwaju omo apaniyan" Our so called OPC r nw cowards jare.
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by 18wheeler: 10:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
Timoleon:

@op, its a gun duel na, how can the police guy be hit by stray bullet? Hes one of the targets na.

I feel bad for him though. The state of the nation is scary...insecurity, economic recession, high rate of unemployment, inflation...one can only hope the world truely ends on the 29th of july.
It's already 29th July, the world hasn't ended. At least I'm here living. So much for doomsayers.
Re: Gun Battle Around Iba LASU Road By Suspected Militants by Timoleon(m): 12:08am On Jul 30, 2016
18wheeler:

It's already 29th July, the world hasn't ended. At least I'm here living. So much for doomsayers.
patiently looking forward to the next prophecy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Attacked Over Facebook Post In Ebonyi (Photos) / Ogun Police Arrest Family Of 7 Who Specializes In Kidnapping / How Fulani Herdsmen Kill, Rape Ogun Residents, Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.