Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,198 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:15 AM

New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? (24932 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 2:49am On Sep 28, 2009
@beaf

that amanaonline article is the stupidest thing ive ever read, this is exactly how europeans divide and conquer idiotic people, the aim of barth or whatever his name is is to suggest that fulanis are racially superior to hausas or others like the belgians told the tutsis of rwanada that they were racially superior coz the were taller and have thinner noses than the hutus. its idiotic, there are members of my family from my mothers side who are real fulfulde (they speak the actual fulani language) and ive never heard any fulani person reflect anything in that article, actually, in the north, hausas laugh at fulanis coz they see them as bush people (borroro) there are all kinds of fulani jokes kinda like black jokes in america. if anything, the fulanis are looked down on, fulanis are peacful as far as i know, they mingle extremely well with other tribes. In adamawa for example where there are alot of northern christians, the fulani mix well and live in peace with the christians and smaller tribes, you find these actual fulfulde/fulani people who speak their own language in adamawa, N.E cameroun, bauchi, gombe for the most part and thats it, the other fulanis of north central or north western states, katsina,sokoto etc are what you can accurately call hausa-fulani coz firstly, they have interbreeded and intermingled and intermarried so much that there is no real difference. i am telling you this coz im a core northerner!and i know first hand. the fulanis of N.C and N.W dont speak fulfulde, they speak hausa and thats the only language they know how to speak!!thats their lingua franca and primary means of communication(im not talking of fulani nomads that have no home and just roam everywhere with cattle) im talking about sedentary fulanis that live in those states, they have hausa identity, the cultures are so mixed and diluted that there is only a hausa-fulani culture.
kai, some of you guys are so ignorant of the north,fulanis dont in anyway beleive that they're "superior" to anyone!thats a damn LIE.its extremely difficult for a northerner to trace his ancestry and claim pure fulani blood,actually,i dare to say it is impossible!no such thing!hausa/fulani is an accurate term, most hausas have fulani blood and vice versa, they mingled so well coz their cultures were very very similar, both are afro-asiatic people and even physically, there is a resemblance between hausas and fulanis before the fulanis came to northern nigeria that is.today,they're the same people!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 2:57am On Sep 28, 2009
@IG

Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo are not official languages. Should they be removed from the Naira then?
They ARE official languages (unfairly, considering that there are 250+ ethnic groups). The main issue we have is the overbearing attitude of the North.
Forget about whether Arabic is alien to Nigeria or if it is a tool of Islamisation, of what use is Arabic on the Naira, if by far the vast majority of Nigerians cannot read it and don't even know if the inscriptions abuse their parents?

The North is the greatest proponent of "one Nigeria", but they are the ones who want to live separately with their own sharia, their own private inscriptions on national currency. Their own everything, while others do the donkey work.

Truth is patience is really running thin. If care isn't taken, we might begin witnessing horrendous riots against Northern attitudes within a couple of years, maybe even less. People are tired, it is a dangerous position the North is taking.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 3:00am On Sep 28, 2009
@no2atheism

Myself and IG have owned you, we have refuted and defeated every single brainless argument you made on this thread.It is now clear that you are
I. religious bigot
II. consumed with hate for northerners
III. ignorant
IV. need to go and learn more

See i didn't use arabic numerals either so you dont start senselessly ranting. but seriously, you are very very ignorant, you need to do something about it coz ignorance is a disease, go an find your cure.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by IG: 3:18am On Sep 28, 2009
Let me make some things clear about the North and the Fulanis. Most southerners believe that the Fulanis rule all of the North. Agreed they rule most of the Hausaland but that is because the Hausas never woke up to the concept of creating empires and kept living in city state like Kano, Zazzau, Daura e.t.c. Before the fulanis, the Jukuns ruled most of those areas. it was a great empire. But empires rise and fall. Even after the fulani conquest there are some kingdoms that were ruled by non-fulanis. For example Bauchi is part of the sokoto caliphate with a majority fulani population but the ruling class are the original gerawa people up to this day. Zaria has three ruling families, the Zage-Zagi who are hausas, the Mallawas who fulani and the Barnawas who are Kanuri.
The Kanem-Borno empire has some significant fulani population. They are called the fulata-borno but they've never ruled and were still loyal to the empire. The instances when Borno was attacked by fulanis, those attacks were carried out by foreign fulanis from the hausaland.

Kanem-Borno at it's peak covered an area that starts from present day Jigawa state from the west extended into cameroun to sout-east, libya and sudan in north-east. The point here is that Kanem-Borno was a negroe empire that ruled over arab kingdoms. Like I said empires rise and fall. So the fulanis never ruled all of the North. In fact the sokoto caliphate is considered young at 200 years compared to Kanem-Borno which is roughly 2000 years old.

Now talking about Darfur, the truth is that there is nothing like Arabs against Africans. That is only what the western world and some of their middle-east cronnies want us to believe. It's an age old fight between farmers and nomads. The british colonial government set the precedence for this fight when they allocated land for each ethnic group but didn't give any to the volatile nomads. I think the media propaganda started when Sudan chose to do business with chinese Sina-Oil instead of western oil companies.

The people being reffered to as the opressed Africans are mostly from the Zaghawa ethnic group. This group form the ruling class in the neighbouring Chad republic. The president Idris Deby Itno is Zaghawa. The highest ranking sultan in Chad the Sultan of the Zaghawa. Don't forget that majority of the masses in Chad are Shuwa Arab living under Zaghawa rulership.
Going back to Sudan, it's interesting to know that the president Umar Al-Bashir is not even Shuwa Arab but traces his roots back to Nigeria.

The point I am trying to make is that Sudanese politics is not about Arabs vs Africans. It's just about holding on to power and controlling the resources. Just like any other part of the world.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 3:21am On Sep 28, 2009
@gadogado
You might be right about the general thrust of amanaonline article. Except for one subtlety; I'm more concerned about a Fulani branch (Toronkawa to which the Caliphate belongs) - not all Fulani. Therefore, your arguments don't hold.

These quotes from Northern sources emphasise the separateness of the Toronkawa from other Fulani and definitely; from the Hausa.

In fact some of them distinguish themselves as a separate entity distinct from other Fulbe thus they became identified as Toronkawa in Nigeria.
According to Wazirin Sakkwato late Shaikh Junaidu who was the leading authority on Sokoto history during his time in his book “Tarihin Fulani” the ancestor of the Toronkawa was Rama son of Esau (refered to Isa in Junaid 1956) who was the son of the Prophet Ishaq (AS), the son of Prophet Ibrahim (AS). They moved from Sinai and settled at Toro in West Africa, where they got their name of Toronkawa (the people of Toro). Uqbat Ibn Naif the great Muslim Leader converted them to Islam and married Bajju Manga the daughter of the Torankawas Chief. They gave birth to four sons, Deita, Woya, Roroba and Nasi. These were the ancestors of the Fulani and were the first to speak Fulfulde language, the language of most of the Toronkawa was Wakore. The Songay descended from Deita, Ba'awina and Wolorbe descended from Nasi, Forbe descended from Woya and Wolobe from Roroba. As these tribes multiplied they moved to Falgo and became distinct from the Toronkawa of Futa Toro (Junaid 1956: pg. 7).
http://www.triumphnewspapers.com/ado7112008.html

One of the earliest traces of Islam in the Sudan was amongst Takrur, the Toorodbe (singular Tooroodo) in Fulfulde, the Torankawa (singular, Ba toranke) in Hausa[5] and Toorobbe or Toucouleur in French for all the Fulfulde speakers who originated from Futa Toro of Senegal [6]. They belong to different tribes and clans[7]. In fact some of them distinguish themselves as a separate entity distinct from other Fulbe or Fulani thus they became identified as Toronkawa in Nigeria . They claim descent from Esau of the Bible. According to Wazirin Sokoto Alhaji Junaidu[8] the ancestor of the Toronkawa was Rama son of Esau[9] who was the son of the Prophet Ishaq (AS), the son of Prophet Ibrahim (AS).
http://www.gamji.com/article3000/NEWS3659.htm
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 3:27am On Sep 28, 2009
@IG
Simple question. If Arabs love blacks so much, why are there still black slaves in Arab countries to this day?
Remember that the worst enslavements were carried out by Arabs. Why, if there is so much love?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by IG: 3:59am On Sep 28, 2009
Beaf:

@IG
They ARE official languages (unfairly, considering that there are 250+ ethnic groups). The main issue we have is the overbearing attitude of the North.
Forget about whether Arabic is alien to Nigeria or if it is a tool of Islamisation, of what use is Arabic on the Naira, if by far the vast majority of Nigerians cannot read it and don't even know if the inscriptions abuse their parents?
Since they are official languages now, can we please have the Hausa part rendered in Ajami ? It won't do you any harm. What you call the overbearing attitude of the north is actually attitude of the Northern political elite. So pleas don't hate the average northerner for that because he is busy on his farm now.

Beaf:

The North is the greatest proponent of "one Nigeria", but they are the ones who want to live separately with their own sharia, their own private inscriptions on national currency. Their own everything, while others do the donkey work.
Still I'll redirect your anger to the political elite. In fact the average northerner feels the pressure more. Remember the almajiris, the poverty e.t.c that some southerners always cite as a sign of the North's backwardness.

Beaf:

Truth is patience is really running thin. If care isn't taken, we might begin witnessing horrendous riots against Northern attitudes within a couple of years, maybe even less. People are tired, it is a dangerous position the North is taking.
I look forward to that, start with the PDP people first and don't generalize on every northerner.

@Beaf, seriously I feel your pain but the truth is that the problem is bad governance and not the region. If we cannot call our councillors to order, there is no way we can call our governors or senators or the president to order.
Remember the first republic ? It's true that the elections were rigged to bring the Northern Peoples Congress to power. But the NPC doesn't represent the Northern masses, NEPU was the masses' party but it was rigged out by the british colonial administration. So up till today, the northern masses suffer just like all Nigerians masses but additionally receive the hatred of some southerners simply for being northerners.

Beaf:

@IG
Simple question. If Arabs love blacks so much, why are there still black slaves in Arab countries to this day?
Remember that the worst enslavements were carried out by Arabs. Why, if there is so much love?
I never said that Arabs love blacks. Remember that I said that many Arabs of today are racist. Talking about enslavement, the Europeans were the first to turn slavery into a racial issue i.e only blacks are captured as slaves. This i know because some of my ancestors are negroes that specialized in capturing and trading white skinned slaves. In fact when british forces first invaded potiskum (now in Yobe state) the leader of the first village they met tried to capture the white commander alive because of his value in the slave market. Shehu Hashim of Borno during his reign had an Italian cook. Call it a domestic servant but the truth is that he was a slave.

check the painting below showing black people trading a white slave. Things like that were common in those days.

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 4:42am On Sep 28, 2009
IG:

Let me make some things clear about the North and the Fulanis. Most southerners believe that the Fulanis rule all of the North. Agreed they rule most of the Hausaland but that is because the Hausas never woke up to the concept of creating empires and kept living in city state like Kano, Zazzau, Daura e.t.c. Before the fulanis, the Jukuns ruled most of those areas. it was a great empire. But empires rise and fall. Even after the fulani conquest there are some kingdoms that were ruled by non-fulanis. For example Bauchi is part of the sokoto caliphate with a majority fulani population but the ruling class are the original gerawa people up to this day. Zaria has three ruling families, the Zage-Zagi who are hausas, the Mallawas who fulani and the Barnawas who are Kanuri.
The Kanem-Borno empire has some significant fulani population. They are called the fulata-borno but they've never ruled and were still loyal to the empire. The instances when Borno was attacked by fulanis, those attacks were carried out by foreign fulanis from the hausaland.

Kanem-Borno at it's peak covered an area that starts from present day Jigawa state from the west extended into cameroun to sout-east, libya and sudan in north-east. The point here is that Kanem-Borno was a negroe empire that ruled over arab kingdoms. Like I said empires rise and fall. So the fulanis never ruled all of the North. In fact the sokoto caliphate is considered young at 200 years compared to Kanem-Borno which is roughly 2000 years old.

Now talking about Darfur, the truth is that there is nothing like Arabs against Africans. That is only what the western world and some of their middle-east cronnies want us to believe. It's an age old fight between farmers and nomads. The british colonial government set the precedence for this fight when they allocated land for each ethnic group but didn't give any to the volatile nomads. I think the media propaganda started when Sudan chose to do business with chinese Sina-Oil instead of western oil companies.

The people being reffered to as the opressed Africans are mostly from the Zaghawa ethnic group. This group form the ruling class in the neighbouring Chad republic. The president Idris Deby Itno is Zaghawa. The highest ranking sultan in Chad the Sultan of the Zaghawa. Don't forget that majority of the masses in Chad are Shuwa Arab living under Zaghawa rulership.
Going back to Sudan, it's interesting to know that the president Umar Al-Bashir is not even Shuwa Arab but traces his roots back to Nigeria.

The point I am trying to make is that Sudanese politics is not about Arabs vs Africans. It's just about holding on to power and controlling the resources. Just like any other part of the world.

IG, im not so sure i agree with you in your analysis of sudan, you may be right in that the shuwa arabs or baggaras as they're called in sudan are fighting the black zaghawas in western sudan along with other tribes of darfur like the fur. but you somewhat imply that there is no racism and that there is propaganda. However, the sudanese arabs are racists (dont mean to generalize) but they do have an ideological motive for doing what they did/doing in southern sudan and there is racism when it comes to darfur.the shuwa arabs base their hate for the darfuris on race although i tend to agree that the severity of the racism is exaggerated by the western media. there is racism though
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by No2Atheism(m): 4:46am On Sep 28, 2009
gadogado:

@no2atheism

Myself and IG have owned you, we have refuted and defeated every single brainless argument you made on this thread.It is now clear that you are
I. religious bigot
II. consumed with hate for northerners
III. ignorant
IV. need to go and learn more

See i didn't use arabic numerals either so you dont start senselessly ranting. but seriously, you are very very ignorant, you need to do something about it coz ignorance is a disease, go an find your cure.

1. This is not about being owned or not . . . stop being childish.

2. I hate islam and i repeat it  grin grin grin (because its a false religion that has been used to brainwash africans) - chk my posts on the religions thread for further confirmation. Mohammed is a peadophile and mass murderer. Allah is a false moon god, hence off course i hate islam because its a blatant lie that is destroying families and lives for no reason other than it has been used to brainwash africans.

3. Yea right the token christians and non-arabs in position of power in the arab states is evidence of lack of racism and discrimination by muslims arabs against blacks and non-arabs   grin grin grin grin dream on grin grin grin grin. By your own inference that means Micheal Steel of the republican party has eradicated the racism of the republican party . . . every tom, di.ck and harry knows that micheal steele is just a token black man meant for window dressing.
Abeg wake up to reality. The things u have mentioned (assuming they are true) are mere tokens in the sea of racism.

4. I have never argued that there were not native blacks in the land of arabs infact my post here and i think in other places made it obvious that i know there are black arabs. So why u keep repeating that is beyond me.
The point i made clear is that Black Arabs or any black person for that matter is openly discriminated against i.e. an example of Sadat of Egypt.

Off course no one would there go against the royal family of kuwait because they look black, however that does not mean there is still not racism.

For example the word for black in arabic means slave , how is that not institutionalised form of racism within islam and arabic language.
The quran is racist against blacks.
Islam is racist against blacks.
Most arabs are racist against blacks.

So can you come again to do your PR of saying why we should have arabic on the naira.

Hausa is native to nigeria.
Yoruba is native to nigeria.
Igbo is native to nigeria.
Ijaw is native to nigeria.

nigerians can choose to either add them or not add them to the naira.

However Arabic is alien to the country and has no place in nigeria under any circumstances . . . so all your PR and Pro-Arab agenda does not work with me . . . the bottom line is that:

Yorubas never agreed to have Arabic on the naira.
Igbos never agreed to have Arabic on the naira.
English is the official language of nigeria.
Hausa has a non-arabic script hence it is not compulsory for Hausa to be written in Arabic on the Naira.

Islamisation is the only thing making muslim northerners to want to force Arabic into the Nigerian currency . . .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 4:49am On Sep 28, 2009
those people in the picture above are north african arabs not black africans
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 5:36am On Sep 28, 2009
i had a room mate who is full blooded kuwaiti and he used to watch so much pornography but the thing was he only watched the videos that had black women in them coz according to him,he liked the butts

na wa- he liked the butts, did he?  undecided

as a kid,i'd always here little hausa kids singing a song when they saw a particular type of white bird "bellbela bellbela bani fari in baka baki" it means "bird,bird give me your white and i'll give you my black"

there's a similar song in Yoruba called leke leke bami leke.

it doesnt mean the singers are trying to turn white, as far as i know. And neither does it say anything about giving up your black.

It just refers to the superstition that you get a white dot on your fingernails if the bird agrees to your request.

btw @ gadogado didnt you use to claim lebanon? what happened?

na every year you dey choose different ethnicity?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 6:12am On Sep 28, 2009
@tpia

of course you knew im not lebanese,why would i be on nairaland if i was?i just said that to mess with you and you called it immediately!so wonder why you'd bring that up, im from the northern part of northern nigeria,infact,after my village is chad republic but ive never been to that village and didnt grow up in that state!!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 28, 2009
gadogado:

@tpia

of course you knew im not lebanese,why would i be on nairaland if i was?i just said that to mess with you and you called it immediately!so wonder why you'd bring that up, im from the northern part of northern nigeria,infact,after my village is chad republic but ive never been to that village and didnt grow up in that state!!

abeg comot for road.

You didnt just say it "to mess with me" and yes, I called you out immediately as any right-thinking person should. Because you were spewing some lopsided arguments same way you're doing here.

Now you're claiming Fulani abi? The day may still come when you'll say you're Igbo, Yoruba or Nembe with a Malian mother.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 6:28am On Sep 28, 2009
also that song has underlying meaning! why is it that no one likes a black bird but they all like white birds,give you my black and you give me your white clearly suggests that you have something desirable and i have something undesirable and i desire what you have (white) and i want to get rid of what i have (black) i dont know about yoruba language but in hausa, there are a great deal of terms that turn negative when the word baki (black) is put in front of them, ill give you a few examples
bakin jini (someone who is not likeable)
bakin ciki (bad belle)
lets move to english
blackmail, black heart, so my point is the word black is associated with negative things so what do you think the subliminal message is to a child, a grown up and to the entire culture, what goes on in the subconscious mind when people identify black with neagtive?if my skin is black then i must be negative if compared to a white person. thats the logic!!!!whether conscious or subconscious, the fairer the better, the darker the worse off. it doesnt take a psychologist to figure this out!!!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 28, 2009
gadogado:

also that song has underlying meaning! why is it that no one likes a black bird but they all like white birds,give you my black and you give me your white clearly suggests that you have something desirable and i have something undesirable and i desire what you have (white) and i want to get rid of what i have (black) i dont know about yoruba language but in hausa, there are a great deal of terms that turn negative when the word baki (black) is put in front of them, ill give you a few examples
bakin ciki (bad belle)
lets move to english
blackmail, black heart, so my point is the word black is associated with negative things so what do you think the subliminal message is to a child, a grown up and to the entire culture, what goes on in the subconscious mind when people identify black with neagtive?if my skin is black then i must be negative if compared to a white person. thats the logic!!!!whether conscious or subconscious, the fairer the better, the darker the worse off. it doesnt take a psychologist to figure this out!!!

there's a thread about this- google it and see if you'll find something.

On Hausa associating black with bad- that must be a carryover from Arab colonization, if at all it's true.

Many Hausas are quite dark, so your post doesnt really make much sense unless you consider it from the point of view of an Arab.

anyway, what does it mean to say a business is " in the black"?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by No2Atheism(m): 6:42am On Sep 28, 2009
@tpia don't mind the guy . . .

1. He is either an Arab living in nigeria and hence comfortable in talking like a nigerian

or

2. He is a nigeria experience shizophrenia hence pretending to be someone else on nairaland.

or worse

3. He is a brainwashed nigerian hell bent on degrading anything black.

--------------------------------

By the way Tpia, who are the Shuwa Arabs where do they come from and how do they relate to the middle east . . . .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 7:16am On Sep 28, 2009
@no2atheism

Do you know where the term slave comes from, it was derived from slav. yes,the people that inhabit eastern europe and russia. once upon a time, they were being sold as slaves on a massive scale to the extent that a slav and a slave became one and the same meaning, the arabs,persians,scandanavians all traded in slavic slaves. does this mean that slavic people should hate the english language an western europe? ill let you think about that!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:40am On Sep 28, 2009
df2006

Are we going to do this bet or not?
Stop beating around the bush and give me a bloody straight answer! fork!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by SapeleGuy: 7:56am On Sep 28, 2009
gadogado:

bakin ciki (bad belle)
lets move to english

Does this theory of yours apply to islam because the black stone is erm black - I believe it is important in the religion. What colour is the ka'abba? is it white?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 8:23am On Sep 28, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Does this theory of yours apply to islam because the black stone is erm black - I believe it is important in the religion. What colour is the ka'abba? is it white?

you should direct your question to no2atheism, he is he one talking as if arabs exist on this earth simply to hate black people!i on the other hand simply attempted to prove to him that thats not the case and that even blacks themselves dont like blacks so why should he act all offended that arabs dont like blacks, which is actually an over generalization on his part.The ka'aba is covereved in black cloth and the black stone is black! yep you're right.arabs feel blacks are unproductive!!they have a point i think!!as a black person,ask yourself what your race has contributed to the advancemet of humanity, please note that ancient egyptians were not black as in negroid,they had strong semitic blood in their ethnic composition and they were brown people maybe a little lighter than modern day eritreans.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 28, 2009
tpia.:

anyway, what does it mean to say a business is " in the black"?

you have made my day.

JosBoy4Lif:

df2006

Are we going to do this bet or not?
Stop beating around the bush and give me a bloody straight answer! fork!

no wahala, may is still a long time, all the money you have lost this year is not enough, carry on, spoon!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by bibiking1(m): 11:37am On Sep 28, 2009
@ ALL
This still boils down to the need for a stronger alliance amongst the African countries save the Arabs. A truly Pan African state would no doubt come with its challenges, but it would unite all within the African nations the towards realisation of themselves and their purpose of existence.
The outside world ALWAYS thinks itself superior to the African continent, and whenever rather than help the continent to its feet, they feel content to always send in "food aid" a sign of perpetual dominance. We have to seek redemption through Pan-Africanism, i see no other way out now reall!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by IG: 12:42pm On Sep 28, 2009
gadogado:

those people in the picture above are north african arabs not black africans
The point is that they are black. My ancestors aren't Arab and they indulged in that. I'm not proud of it but it's true.

No2Atheism:

3. Yea right the token christians and non-arabs in position of power in the arab states is evidence of lack of racism and discrimination by muslims arabs against blacks and non-arabs   Grin Grin Grin Grin dream on  Grin Grin Grin Grin. By your own inference that means Micheal Steel of the republican party has eradicated the racism of the republican party . . . every tom, di.ck and harry knows that micheal steele is just a token black man meant for window dressing.
Abeg wake up to reality. The things u have mentioned (assuming they are true) are mere tokens in the sea of racism.
I thought we were talking about discrimination against christian Arabs. We both agreed that most arabs are racist against blacks didn't we ?

@No2Atheism, about your hatred for Islam, I guess I can't be of any help. You may have to live with that fire burning in your heart for the rest of your life. I will just make sure we never get to meet in person so as not to risk being physically attacked by you. If you are christian, then I'll advice you to go and study your religion because I seriously doubt if you understand anything about it. If you do you won't be so much filled with hatred.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by SapeleGuy: 1:01pm On Sep 28, 2009
Gadogado - I direct my question to you. To deny the early Kemetic/Nubian dynasties were the black africans is an an unsuccessful exercise in deception. Even the most racist egyptologist have given up on this line of attack.

The knowledge that is now ascribed to ancient greece and arabia etc was plagiarised from black africa. Christianity & Islam all owe their existence to black africa. Therefore the contribution made by africa to the world is immense.

I could go into detail but I can't be bothered. I shall leave you with an excerpt from Prophet Muhammeds last sermon:

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a
non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; white
has no superiority over black, nor does a black have any superiority
over white; [none have superiority over another] except by piety and
good action."
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by IG: 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2009
SapeleGuy:

Gadogado - I direct my question to you. To deny the early Kemetic/Nubian dynasties were the black africans is an an unsuccessful exercise in deception. Even the most racist egyptologist have given up on this line of attack.

The knowledge that is now ascribed to ancient greece and arabia etc was plagiarised from black africa. Christianity & Islam all owe their existence to black africa. Therefore the contribution made by africa to the world is immense.

I could go into detail but I can't be bothered. I shall leave you with an excerpt from Prophet Muhammeds last sermon:

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve. An Arab has no superiority over a
non-Arab, nor does a non-Arab have any superiority over an Arab; white
has no superiority over black, nor does a black have any superiority
over white; [none have superiority over another] except by piety and
good action."

@SapeleGuy, you said it all. All known civilizations in the world somehow directly or indirectly spawned off the ancient Nubian and Egyptian civilization. The earliest forms of writing also originate from there. The gnome desktop software project paid tribute to that fact by naming it's text rendering engine "Cairo".

Initially I avoided quoting prophet Muhammad (S.A.W) or the Qur'an because it will be of no use when talking to somebody that is proud to say the he hates Islam. But I am going to do that now for the sake of others who might be discussing objectively.
This is what the Qur'an said in suratul Houdjurat;
"Oh mankind, we created you from a single pair of male and female
and then divided you into nations and tribes so that you will identify
one another. Verily the best among you is the most pious
"

And yet people like No2Atheism claim that the Qur'an is a racist book.
Well, I guess we all have the right to our views (as long as they don't deny others their rights).
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by IG: 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2009
One more thing, the ancient Egyptians were black with strong kinky hair just like ours. It should be noted that it is customary for them to wear wigs and so you see the long hair in their paintings. But in case of the Nubians, no contest, full blown negroes. And we all know that Nubia gave birth to Egypt.
Guys, please lets not also end up becoming racist. What does it take to be black? Do I have to be as dark as my hair ? Are the ethiopeans, eritreans and somalis not blacks ? I know many Igbo people that have lighter skin than those east Africans. Those that make them not to be black. In order to avoid racism, we should be careful not to end up being racist ourselves.

lastly a site about black Arabs some of us might find interesting
http://savethetruearabs..com/2009/08/true-description-of-prophet-mohameds_26.html
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 6:15pm On Sep 28, 2009
df2006:

no wahala, may is still a long time, all the money you have lost this year is not enough, carry on, spoon!

I guess this deal will go no where since I am dealing with a dodger like you.
I have asked for your email countless times, so we can this up
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2009
Somehow, this discussion is gravitating toward the discussion of Islam.
While I do not sanction that, it is a clear reminder that the propagation of Arabic is one of the consequences (or functions) of Islam. That is just another reason why non Muslims find the very idea insulting.

Do the Arabs in the image below not seem very far out of place? That is the same for Arabic inscription on it, to those who aren't Arabs and have no Arabic affinities or affiliations. It is a dangerous thing.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/183611_arabicnaira_jpg29d1645a9edf65a5bd75076272278e88

Any non Muslim will correctly identify Arabic inscriptions on our national currency as attempts to dominate, intimidate and Islamise a cowering population.
Naira and Kobo are already Hausa words. The motto of "our" army is already "Victory for Allah". angry
Numerous other examples litter the landscape.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by SapeleGuy: 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2009
Beaf - I agree with you. There should be no arabic, no hausa, no yoruba or igbo inscription on the Naira. This would be the fairest solution to all ethnicities in the country.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by IG: 7:43pm On Sep 28, 2009
Beaf:

Naira and Kobo are already Hausa words. The motto of "our" army is already "Victory for Allah". angry
Numerous other examples litter the landscape.

@Beaf, Naira and Kobo are not Hausa. I am not sure but I think Obasanjo has changed the army's motto from that. And it was "Victory From Allah" not "Victory For Allah". There is definitely going to be a lot of hausa influence in the armed forces because the Hausas joined the armed forces before any other ethnic group in the country. That is why you find many morale songs in the army, police e.t.c are in Hausa. Think of it, the first police station/barrack in Nigeria was called Hausa constabulary which was located in Lagos.

SapeleGuy:

Beaf - I agree with you. There should be no arabic, no hausa, no yoruba or igbo inscription on the Naira. This would be the fairest solution to all ethnicities in the country.
Yeah lets leave only the numbers. Or why don't we use binary digits since it originates from the Yorubas which is Nigerian.

1000 Naira will be 1111101000
500 Naira will be 111110100
200 Naira will be 11001000
100 Naira will be 1100100

That way even our computers, mobile phones e.t.c will find it easier to read grin grin grin
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 7:57pm On Sep 28, 2009
@Beaf, Naira and Kobo are not Hausa.
Whatever. They are of Northern Nigerian origin.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by SapeleGuy: 9:28pm On Sep 28, 2009
IG:

Yeah lets leave only the numbers. Or why don't we use binary digits since it originates from the Yorubas which is Nigerian.

1000 Naira will be 1111101000
500 Naira will be 111110100
200 Naira will be 11001000
100 Naira will be 1100100

That way even our computers, mobile phones e.t.c will find it easier to read grin grin grin

LOL - My friend, this arabic thing is unnecessary + no wazobia inscriptions, it is unfair to non wazobians. As a people we had a common currency that didn't put one ethnicity above the others. That currency was coweries, there is no reason why they can't be symbolised on notes.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Calabar Monorail In Perfect Condition But No Patronage – Tinapa MD / Nobody In Nigeria Can Seize My Property — JIMOH IBRAHIM / CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.