Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? (24934 Views)

New Naira Notes Ready September Ending – CBN / Muslims Reject New Naira Notes: No Arabic Inscription / The New Naira Coins And Polymer Notes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 1:04am On Sep 25, 2009
many of una wey dey post here should be ashamed. de most marginalized Nigerians wey una go find dey for naija delta region and for north, in de form of almanjiris.

none of una come from out of space, na naija dem born most of una, or at least una papa or mama. so therefore, na una responsibility to find solution to de problems wey una dey complain about. de energy wey una take dey fight is better used when una take am proffer solutions.

all of una be enablers to the leaders wey una get. if una fit come internet, then una dey priviledged, since most naija people never get light not to talk of internet. shame on all of una. de only ting wey una fit do na to cowardly battle each other from una living rooms.

wettin una don do personally to improve naija. most of una be dan iskas; olodo rabata, bloody tribalists and racists.

make una no vex, sometimes una need tough love.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 1:26am On Sep 25, 2009
ndu_chucks:

many of una wey dey post here should be ashamed.  de most marginalized Nigerians wey una go find dey for naija delta region and for north, in de form of almanjiris.

none of una come from out of space, na naija dem born most of una, or at least una papa or mama. so therefore, na una responsibility to find solution to de problems wey una dey complain about. de energy wey una take dey fight is better used when una take am proffer solutions.

all of una be enablers to the leaders wey una get. if una fit come internet, then una dey priviledged, since most naija people never get light not to talk of internet. shame on all of una.  de only ting wey una fit do na to cowardly battle each other from una living rooms.

wettin una don do personally to improve naija.  most of una be dan iskas; olodo rabata,  bloody tribalists and racists.

i concur!! by blaming each other, you solve absolutely nothing!cooperation is a conept that'll get you somewhere not trivial and false little comments like we feed you.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by fayahsoul: 1:30am On Sep 25, 2009
Idiot! the north no wan cooperate.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by gadogado(m): 1:35am On Sep 25, 2009
davidylan:

this is nonsense . . . prior to the kleptocratic regimes of your northern stooges . . . no southerner would ever contemplate going to Sudan to hustle. Igbo boys are there today because you have bankrupted our nation and turned it into a banana republic. For this and many more we say thank you and pray without ceasing for the day our leaders will grow and spine and kick us out of this unholy yoke with cattle rearers and backward folks.

dude, are northerners the only leaders in nigeria that are corrupt,corruption is not a tribal thing,its a class thing,if you belong to that class (upper/political elite) tribe doesn't matter nearly as much as you'd want to beleive. they had corruption in europe, study russian history prior to the revolution, all were russians and had no ethnic sects but there was still massive corruption by the nobles and elites, the peasants suffered in no small measure! its a CLASS thing not a TRIBE thing, the earlier you can understand that, the better for you!!all nigerians are corrupt, it has absolutely nothing to do with tribe unless you're saying that ibori (the most corrupt governor in nigerias history) is a northerner! delta state got alot of money under his regime, why didnt he simply use it to better the lot of his people instead he stole and stashed but he is a southerner.sometimes you're too simplistic! ribadu is a northern fulani man, but is he corrupt? if he became president,would he be corrupt?doubt that!! why? coz he's not from that class!!its CLASS not TRIBE.i kind of feel sorry for you coz you're consumed by too much hate!
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 3:07am On Sep 25, 2009
Arent you guys feeding on rumours?
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 3:12am On Sep 25, 2009
^
ndu_chucks hasn't denied the "rumour".
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 3:46am On Sep 25, 2009
I dont know why the heated arguments.
Mazaje,gadogado,beaf,david and df2006, whats fucking wrong with you guys. The northerners,southerners,westerners,easterners are all corrupt. Ibb was corrupt didnt the southerners play in his boat,abacha was worse but did the southerners not partake in the loot and gave him a strong backing, the same stay applies to Obj, Yaradull etc. It is an upper class and a cabal thing,not a tribal thing. There are southerners who can die for sanusi's madness.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by fayahsoul: 3:59am On Sep 25, 2009
Sure there's a cabal but there's a tribal and religious hierarchy within that cabal.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 4:15am On Sep 25, 2009
What is the essence of Arabic on the note? That should be the question.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by fayahsoul: 4:28am On Sep 25, 2009
The most suitable political system for the nigerian situation is a confederacy but the northern cabal fear such because they want to hold on to oil, so they choose to maintain a unitary system that breeds corruption. I don't worry about yoruba's because they change like chameleons according to climate. If hausa/fulani opt for a confederation, the yoruba will follow. Notherners are at the apex of the cabal; they call the shots because they are backed by the british and they control the military.

The north remains the primary obstacle whether u accept it or not
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by mazaje(m): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2009
babaearly:

I dont know why the heated arguments.
Mazaje,gadogado,beaf,david and df2006, whats fucking wrong with you guys. The northerners,southerners,westerners,easterners are all corrupt. Ibb was corrupt didnt the southerners play in his boat,abacha was worse but did the southerners not partake in the loot and gave him a strong backing, the same stay applies to Obj, Yaradull etc. It is an upper class and a cabal thing,not a tribal thing. There are southerners who can die for sanusi's madness.

This was the point i was trying to make all along. . .Personally I am a not an advocate of tribalism or ethnicity. . .My dad is from the north while my mum is from the south. . .I just do not like it when people lie to themselves all the time. . . . .The Northerner are corrupt but so are the southerners. . .
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 10:46am On Sep 25, 2009
^
You didn't make any point apart from talking BS.
The question is why should Nigeria ever consider having Arabic on our money, are we Arabs? The North is far more corrupt than the South, the two men that made corruption an institution in Nigeria are IBB and Abacha (both Northerners).
In the midst of ruling the country for 40 odd years of our 49, the legion of Northern rulers have not been able to do anything for the North aside from forcing a bleeped up Arabic inscription on our currency at gunpoint. That would have given their captive Boko Harams and almajiri's something to salivate over. It doesn't matter if their illiteracy is the weapon against them, it doesn't matter if they kill fellow citizens at a whim or marry 9 year old girls.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 25, 2009
gado, a tribe uses religion and corruption to perpetuate itself in power, while subjugating others, this tribe has been very successful in using bigger tribes for it,s purposes, that it is mistaken to be the big tribe itself,

fayahsoul:

Sure there's a cabal but there's a tribal and religious hierarchy within that cabal.
quite right faya.

they spread their tentacles far and wide installing religious leaders who turn around to become the traditional rulers of such places taking orders from one direct source. all of them are related biologically, which is the reason why they are so united. illiteracy as well, is one of their powerful weapons, as long as this peasants from the big tribes remain blind their, 419 goes on, not caring how many of the peasants die of polio and meningities, telling them it,s their destiny. this arabic is just to make this peasants salivate like someone said, and further strengthen their hold on power.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 25, 2009
ndu_chucks:

many of una wey dey post here should be ashamed. de most marginalized Nigerians wey una go find dey for naija delta region and for north, in de form of almanjiris.

all of una be enablers to the leaders wey una get. if una fit come internet, then una dey priviledged, since most naija people never get light not to talk of internet. shame on all of una. de only ting wey una fit do na to cowardly battle each other from una living rooms.

wettin una don do personally to improve naija. most of una be dan iskas; olodo rabata, bloody tribalists and racists.

you no know anything.
before you find solution of something you must know the cause. apparently a lot nigerians no sabi the cause, hence the log jam we find ourselves. until the truth comes out, we go dey perambulate up and down. but little by little we go dey send the truth from our living rooms, so that people like you go know and learn.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 3:02pm On Sep 25, 2009
Beaf:

^
ndu_chucks hasn't denied the "rumour".

Beaf, you again! na wettin be de rumour wey I no deny. shey you don start with ya disinformation again, ko? you don dey make me suspect say, instead of electromagnetically charged matter, na beef dey ya brain. cheesy (ok ok, na cheap shot, but na ya fault)

df2006:

you no know anything.
before you find solution of something you must know the cause. apparently a lot nigerians no sabi the cause, hence the log jam we find ourselves. until the truth comes out, we go dey perambulate up and down. but little by little we go dey send the truth from our living rooms, so that people like you go know and learn.

abeg make i indulge you small. wettin be de cause, from ya perspective, maybe we fit put heads together look for solution. try give me detribalized facts so that our discussion no go degrade into another useless affair. I dey wait o.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2009
@ ndu_chucks, read btw the lines of my earlier post, before i replied you, you go see something there,[s]i go expatiate further if you get my drift.[/s] but if you no fit understand, i am sorry.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2009
df2006:

@ ndu_chucks, read btw the lines of my earlier post, before i replied you, you go see something there,[s]i go expatiate further if you get my drift.[/s] but if you no fit understand, i am sorry.

someting tell em say you no be intellectually lazy person and you sabi say no be only me and you dey read this thread. in light of dis, make we try avoid secrecy unless some sort of untruths full inside your assumptions. so save us de trouble, spell it out! no need to read between any lines, I no be agunmu dada wey sabi read minds. if you get point spell it out, no need to fear me, or anyone else for dat matter. if fear catch you, dat na ya palaver.

make I ask you one question, na who own all de offshore oil? na Ijaw people and de niger delta people? based on your answer, I suspect say i go give you response wey go surprise you. da'alu o.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 25, 2009
that abuja wey u dey, don dey dull you. you no know what,s up! if nigeria na democratic country founded on genuine intent and unbiased equality, why the whole oil wey dey for her continental shelf no go belong to the state? but we find ourselves been harangued by murderous hordes from the north backed by the various foreign interest, decimating us entirely for their own selfish interest, koro koro greed, wey you and i dey see every day, using corruption on us, ibori wey twenty years ago neva see 1 million, all of a sudden see i billion, wetin im go do? sell im mother of cos, such kind people are foisted on us left right center, by this politically advanced tribe, dats why when we southerners dey call mallam aboki i dey always laugh, i wonder who the aboki be? us definitely!! the same group leave the large pyramids of groundnuts wey dem dey use sustain demselves, alone, their cotton and other things, come put their fangs for our neck begin suck us dry, my guy you still say make i wait say we be one. haba! bros think am well well. i don check am well see say no amount of 1ness, wey we fit be, parasite na parasite and this is the most easiest option they have, bleed us dry. bros i no get time now, i go continue later.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2009
Even our president is in Saudi Arabia. . . Opening a bloody university! What is it with this Arabian connection, is it like an orgasm? For 3 months ASUU has been on strike and Yar Adua travels to Saudi to open a bleeping uni for them. Yar Adua skipped a meeting with his peers and the shakers of this World, only to be received by a meer Saudi governor. Damn!

I'm beginning to suspect that to the average Northerner, Saudi Arabia is more important than anything Nigerian (talkless of common sense).
No wonder the battle for Arabic on Nigerian Naira .

People like ndu_chucks with their brains blocked by Abuja Naira, just come here and talk bullshit. You don't know Nigeria's problem, we should provide a "detribalised" solution? Only the blind, deaf and dumb would subscribe to that.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 8:12pm On Sep 25, 2009
df2006:

that abuja wey u dey, don dey dull you. you no know what,s up! if nigeria na democratic country founded on genuine intent and unbiased equality, why the whole oil wey dey for her continental shelf no go belong to the state? but we find ourselves been harangued by murderous hordes from the north backed by the various foreign interest, decimating us entirely for their own selfish interest, koro koro greed, wey you and i dey see every day, using corruption on us, ibori wey twenty years ago neva see 1 million, all of a sudden see i billion, wetin im go do? sell im mother of cos, such kind people are foisted on us left right center, by this politically advanced tribe, dats why when we southerners dey call mallam aboki i dey always laugh, i wonder who the aboki be? us definitely!! the same group leave the large pyramids of groundnuts wey dem dey use sustain demselves, alone, their cotton and other things, come put their fangs for our neck begin suck us dry, my guy you still say make i wait say we be one. haba! bros think am well well. i don check am well see say no amount of 1ness, wey we fit be, parasite na parasite and this is the most easiest option they have, bleed us dry. bros i no get time now, i go continue later.

ngwannu, make i sift through the rants and noise, pick out one or 2 issues wey we fit tackle.  i want you to know say, e good to express frustrations atimes, de relief good for man pikin soul.  now to some points:

if nigeria na democratic country founded on genuine intent and unbiased equality, why the whole oil wey dey for her continental shelf no go belong to the state?

ol boy, abeg name one single country wey dey "founded on genuine intent and unbiased quality". dat ya genuine intent and unbiased equality no exist for any country. even America sef wey dey shout freedom, de kind equality wey you dey talk, no dey there.  de ting be say, your perception of realities dey kinda warped.

abeg make you clarify de second part of ya statement wey i quote there.  na which state wey de oil supposed to belong to, how many states or na only one state?   

dats why when we southerners dey call mallam aboki i dey always laugh, i wonder who the aboki be? us definitely!! 

e wuuuu! so if southerners call "mallam" aboki, na abuse una dey abuse?  as a side note, aboki means friend in hausa language - goes to show that you are confused.

make you answer these small questions first, i never finsh with you. for that ya abusive groundnut remark; may ya face be filled with huge pimples de next time wey you eat groundnut even if you don pass puberty. dan iska.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 8:24pm On Sep 25, 2009
^
Mr Govt. Can you please speak English, so you can be understood? Your grasp of pidgin is disgustingly poor. angry

It will also stop you from dodging issue's.
We ain't mucking about here.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 8:31pm On Sep 25, 2009
Beaf:

People like ndu_chucks with their brains blocked by Abuja Naira, just come here and talk bullshit. You don't know Nigeria's problem, we should provide a "detribalised" solution? Only the blind, deaf and dumb would subscribe to that.

which Abuja naira you dey talk, how you take know say no be for Port- Harcourt I dey? you dodge de question wey I ask you last week, make i ask  you again.

[list]
[li]you sabi say every naira note had arabic inscription until 2006, when the government of the day, redesign some notes, come remove the inscription?[/li]
[li]why you thing say dem remove am from those notes and leave am for de rest?[/li]
[/list]

take de questions as ya homework for dis weekend. if you find de correct answers den you go see say una no get point.

make i post you some features of de new notes, in the maintime:

Key features of the new notes include their small size, pictures of some past Nigerian heroes including the famous female porter Hajiya Ladi Kwali, bold numbering, map of Nigeria, the national colors and the denominations written in the three major languages of Ibo, Hausa and Yoruba
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 8:32pm On Sep 25, 2009
Beaf:

^
Mr Govt. Can you please speak English, so you can be understood? Your grasp of pidgin is disgustingly poor. angry

It will also stop you from dodging issue's.
We ain't mucking about here.

more of us for nigeria understand pigin pass your queen's english. stop running, you understand me clearly. colonial mentality no good.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2009
ndu_chuks: Key features of the new notes include their small size, pictures of some past Nigerian heroes including the famous female porter Hajiya Ladi Kwali, bold numbering, map of Nigeria, the national colors and the denominations written in the three major languages of Ibo, Hausa and Yoruba

Good to hear that. We have a govt that claims to be a democracy, yet operates like a secret cult. Everything is propagated as rumour.

. . .As far as the Hausa bit is not written in Arabic.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2009
Beaf, you dey wear glasses? or you just dey avoid questions and which secret you dey refer to?. address de issues wey dey inside bullets in my previous post. no worry if de issues dey over ya head.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 9:06pm On Sep 25, 2009
^
You have dodged every single issue that could have given your replies some gravity or at least, a degree of responsibilty; and you want me to go addressing some puerile bulletted points? I won't, if you have something to say; say it.

Reminder. . .
Beaf:

Good to hear that. We have a govt that claims to be a democracy, yet operates like a secret cult. Everything is propagated as rumour.

. . .As far as the Hausa bit is not written in Arabic.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2009
beaf, nobody dodge you. ngwannu, I dey here left right and center, so na which issue i dodge? e be like say na you be de real maradonna. which issue I dodge? raise am and I go address am.

but if you dey fear, no yawa. just remember say, inasmuch as una no fit swim 100miles offshore, una no fit claim offshore oil wey dey there.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 25, 2009
quote from ndu chucks
ol boy, abeg name one single country wey dey "founded on genuine intent and unbiased quality". dat ya genuine intent and unbiased equality no exist for any country. even America sef wey dey shout freedom, de kind equality wey you dey talk, no dey there.  de ting be say, your perception of realities dey kinda warped.

this equality thing has already been clarified in my post above, read posts well before you begin a display of stark ignorance, even if the equality is warped in america,
it is a thousand times better than what we have here, which has turn their diversity into an asset, and ours into slavery.

abeg make you clarify de second part of ya statement wey i quote there.  na which state wey de oil supposed to belong to, how many states or na only one state?

so you think all this mushroom divisions you have as states can be considered as such, i pity you and your masters, can yobe state even pay it,s toilet cleaners on it own, don,t worry when there is a confedracy of like minded people, it will cease to exist. read the hand writing on the wall. 

e wuuuu! so if southerners call "mallam" aboki, na abuse una dey abuse?  as a side note, aboki means friend in hausa language - goes to show that you are confused.

i don,t remember insulting you, i was of the mind that we are sharing thoughts, all the same, well and good, i know ur type.  aboki in a certain context is derogatory, clap for urself for the little hausa you have managed to learn from your brief stay in abuja, if you had read my post above, you will have decoded that i don,t have a deficiency in the language, goes to show dat you are in a rush, you will be a hard learner, pity,

make you answer these small questions first, i never finsh with you. for that ya abusive groundnut remark; may ya face be filled with huge pimples de next time wey you eat groundnut even if you don pass puberty.

was it a lie? where are the pyramids? lol the groundnut i am eating shit aint from your masters, can you imagine this guy, dat,s what you are proud of? the north grows groundnuts that feeds nigeria, chei!! what about exporting to the world and earning some forex shhhh.
see i know a stooge when i read their writings, it is a terrible thing, it may pay you now, but in the  long run a terrible stigma, affecting you and your children,and your children children. selah (softly think) good evening sir.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Beaf: 11:13pm On Sep 25, 2009
@df2006
ndu_chucks is Hausa (look through his posts), he's more used to Hausa thats why he murders pidgin english so violently. grin

ndu_chucks:

beaf, nobody dodge you. ngwannu, I dey here left right and center, so na which issue i dodge? e be like say na you be de real maradonna. which issue I dodge? raise am and I go address am.

but if you dey fear, no yawa. just remember say, inasmuch as una no fit swim 100miles offshore, una no fit claim offshore oil wey dey there.

Stupid.

So has the money from the offshore oil wells served to raise the average marriage age for girls in Kebbi state from 11 years?

Have the offshore oil wells saved 9 year old girls from child marriage and the ravages of Vesicovaginal fistula?

Have they saved your miriad illiterates from stone age belief that the polio vaccine is a scourge?

Have these oil wells educated your people such that they have become insulated from neanderthal movements like Boko Haram?

Has offshore oil given you guys more security in your traditions, culture and heritage so that there is no need to masturbate over Arabic inscriptions and realise you aren't even remotely from Saudi Arabia?

What indeed, has govt provided for the North apart from some bleeping Arabic on the Naira notes? A simple almajiri palliative.

Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Sep 25, 2009
yeah you,re right, beaf. a pathetic road side forex trader, his case is far worse than i thought, first time i am seeing an igbo wana bee, tho, shit.
i think, we should ignore him.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by nduchucks: 11:40pm On Sep 25, 2009
I go respond to df2006 and Beaf on Saturday. we get plenty issues to handle, soon enough I go expose una. Una problem pass arabic inscriptions, I go extract una views soon enough.

In de maintime make una answer dis simple question: Do you believe that the Nigerian government is legitimate?  na simple question, so una no fit say na pigin I take ask de question.  Together or separate, we go find solution for una.

una fit ignore me or bury una head for sand, dat no go change de truth say, the crop of leaders wey Nigeria get including una governors, love de fact say una dey confused.
Re: New Naira Notes! Arabic Is The Reason? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 1:10am On Sep 26, 2009
df2006:

yeah you,re right, beaf. a pathetic road side forex trader, his case is far worse than i thought,  first time i am seeing an igbo wana bee, tho, shit.
i think, we should ignore him.

Why are you dodging our bet? I want my 10,000=N=. We can even up the stakes if you want. Do not keep me in limbo, give me your bloody email. Like I said put your money where your mouth is  undecided

PS I want Nairaland to be privy to this bet agreement

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Nobody In Nigeria Can Seize My Property — JIMOH IBRAHIM / CBN Lifts Ban On Cryptocurrency Transactions / Complaints Mount As Enaira App Tops 100,000 Downloads

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.